It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police slam CodePink protester to the ground

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TaZCoN

The day is fast approaching when a police officers life won't be worth a nickle, all because of assholes like this one. That lady should sue the police department, and if that guys chief had any morals, that officer would've been immediately fired and arrested for battery.
That's why we need to hang onto to our guns.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Well if your going up to police officer and yelling at them, what are you asking for? Look how much behind the rest are.

though the whole melodramatic bust-in-and-take-from-crowd thing wasn't needed.

On second thought, maybe arrest wasn't needed. Getting thrown to the floor was enough.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Having only read to page 3 (I will finish too), I would like to say yes this is seemingly cruel.

Truth: We do not know hat happened prior.

Truth: Either side could have manipulated the video.

Well, whatever. All I know is cops I.E. CITIZENS on patrol, need compassion and should think of themselves as equals to other human beings.

Please all you COPS do not be ROPS I.E. ROBOTS on patrol!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
LOL

That's pretty hilarious if liberal "female cats" did that outside our base on concurrent jurisdiction I would have done the same thing. Nothing like putting down another person with physical "Lawful" force.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Seaman_Richie

And if you were on my property I would do the same to you scum.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustnoone1987

it's your property, you would have the right. Just as the government has the right to do that when it's on their property, like, you know, federal buildings? Protesters should be happy they can protest. Don't go outside the law though. Physical contact isn't protest, it's aggression.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

So certain words can lead to a justifiable assault in your opinion?

Her words did no harm to the officer. Words can not maim nor kill but a baton can.

I shudder at what's happening in America.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Who gives a crap? The police agencies routinely overstep the bounds of the law, not to mention morals and legal ethics. It is time to defend ourselves against this sort of action. I personally will not stand for this sort of thing if it happens when I am present and I fully expect to be jailed or killed for defending the constitution, I am not afraid of gestapo thugs who think that beating women is o.k. and that subverting the constitution is the wave of the future. The apathetic American people need to wake up and raise a fist.
It is not a right or a privelege to do this. It is the responsibilty of the American people to stand against a government that wipes its ass with the Constitution. Period. Peaceful protest is a joke.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Federal and state property is our property. Bought and paid for by tax paying cilvlians.

Hopefully this woman has some big brothers and cousins who catch this PIG off duty at a bar or something.

I think we are gonna see some SHTF in our lifetime. Civil war possible except it's gonna be civilians against the police state. Here's hopeing our brave troops side with us.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I agree with much of what you said in your post but -

Once again I feel the need to remind folks -WHAT THIS COP DID IS STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE - Have none of you on here been to a serious demonstration???? this is how protesters, especially those that are not towing the establishment line, this is how they treated regularly....the last time I demonstrated in the streets of L.A. ( many years ago now) I was tracked through the crowd by undercover police, because I was the loud mouth with the bullhorn - I wasn't breaking any laws - we had a permit - when the order was given to disperse we complied and then we were chased down and bludgeoned, beaten and kicked by police - they did not then and do not now give a crap whether you are female, disabled, child or senior - you are fair game when you speak truth to power..

Brutality is regularly used in this country to silence or dampen protest and has been since the beginning...So instead of being outraged BE PREPARED to fight for your right to speak because to do so you will be required to "lay it on the line"....don't be naive...be wise, pick your battles carefully - when you speak truth to power you become a target for violence....wish it wasn't this way? well if wishes were horses we all would ride...its a fight plain and simple....

Would you like to know how one is treated once arrested??? this is the kind of thing you need to understand about your beloved country...and it ain't pretty....If you are an activist, inside prison for any length of time is more dangerous than than the deomnstration ground...G-d damn people wise up for Christ's sake!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 27-8-2008 by realshanti]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
Listen up cops, and any other government officials!
I promise, if I EVER see any of you pieces of *snip* do this to anyone that is not breaking the law, I will hunt you down and beat you so bad that you will be hospitalized and not able to move for weeks. Mark my words, you *snip* are getting out of control, I WILL hold you up to your oath.

It's pretty bad when someone like me (who hates violence and does not condone the use of it at all), vows to use it agianst agressors.

* bold emphasis mine

OH the irony...

"While I don't advocate violence, I'd kick your a$$... po-po, officer, etc."
... ONLY if their NOT breaking the law... which you openly admit ot and or accept despite...

... Interesting ...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

That was NOT "lawful force" an officer has no grounds for using pysical force (especially excessive force like that) if the civilian is not using force against him, she wasn't evading, resisting arrest, threatening, or using force against him. His use of force was completely unfounded.

I certainly hope that if you are indeed in the US military that your attitude does not reflect the attitude of your fellow navy men, as your attitude is a disgrace to the uniform that you wear and to this country.

As military personel you took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to back up a fascist goverment and police force.

If you were to ever treat an American citizen like that i hope that they would do everthing in their power to have you court martialed for violating your oath to defend the constitutiuon !

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Yeah real funny dude. I mean come on.

Compassion, sympathy, empathy. Are you familiar with any of these emotions/characteristics of human mentality?

reply to post by realshanti

Agreed. Sorry for your misfortune in the past. I wish we had that on video, then we would have a field day talking about that.

they did not then and do not now give a crap whether you are female, disabled, child or senior - you are fair game when you speak truth to power..

Great statement.
I believe it, especially after seeing some other videos of (I would consider children) being abused by cops during arrest.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Someday protesters will show up equally armed, and with the same violent intent.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Sorry I'm in so late to the thread, and maybe someone else has made this selfsame observation...

How many times have we read on here, "I'm a policeman/GI/whatever such, and I would FIGHT to the DEATH against the NWO! There's NO WAY I or my brothers/sisters would follow orders to establish martial law!"

And yet we see this. And yet, the "brothers" of this jerk did nothing. And yet they were there, following very closely to a martial law situation...

Oh, I am sure there are plenty who, if the orders came down with no explanation, would refuse. But I am sure all these Grand Defenders of America will have it in their mind that there is a NEED to treat citizens like this - or at least stand by while it is happening.

They WILL have a "reason" to give you.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Your right! I forgot all about our tax payer money. How foolish of me. Theoretically we should own our own country's land. The problem comes in when one person wants one thing and another wants the complete opposite. That's where the trouble arises. The government should represent what the people want as a majority, thus making police the representatives of the majorities authority and wishes. Its a shame the pyramid is right side up and not upside down right now.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seaman_Richie
LOL

That's pretty hilarious if liberal "female cats" did that outside our base on concurrent jurisdiction I would have done the same thing. Nothing like putting down another person with physical "Lawful" force.

Really? You would strike a woman like that? Why would you even think about doing something like that to a woman?

U2U me and I will meet you anywhere and see if you strike ME like that! I can guarantee you will eat your teeth. If I saw you doing that to a woman I may just kill you on the spot creep.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

You could not have said it any better LoneGunMan! Great post.

If you two do meet, make sure you invite me.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaganthorn
And believe me when I tell you, I was not a model student.

A comment like that coming from someone who uses Carnage for an avatar is a comment I can't disagree with...

Originally posted by Skipper1975
NESARA
let's make it happen

Well, NESARA & re-enforcement of Executive Order 11110 (which has never been repealed, only ignored) by JFK would work well together. In truth, all it would take to bring down the Fed Res Bank is for the US Supreme Court to openly declare it Unconstitutional...Which it is.

The problem with that kind of fast announcement is that pretty much everybody in the country would immediately be bankrupt unless we first get legal money (gold & silver coins, perhaps with US Treasury-backed paper instead of the FRN corporate scrip in use now) back into circulation first.

Originally posted by DelMar
Keep in mind as well that one bad cop, if that is the case, does not represent the whole. This incident isn't a foreshadow of a neo-con state that's on our horizon, it's either a bad cop or an unlawful citizen.

This is the point I was trying to make in my previous post...Three pages ago, even though I wrote that post just this morning. From what I've seen & heard so far, wrongs were committed by both individuals.

If the woman was using a bullhorn in the cop's face, that was her wrong. If the cop did indeed knock her down that first time, even after being told to stop or back up, then that was the cop's wrong (he should have instead just cuffed her for an arrest, because a bullhorn that close can cause permanent hearing impairment: this is the woman violating the cop's Rights).

Once the woman was allowed to walk away & start speaking into a camera, then the cop had no justification approach her & use his stick to knock her down & arrest her (she wasn't being violent at that point & she wouldn't still be using a bullhorn for the camera, would she?).

This is the general impression I have at this point...Based upon what I've seen & heard so far, Code Pink's "disruptive" protesting history seems to also be current practice & started an escalation that spread to both sides.

Originally posted by UnderTheirRadar
I'm worried about how things will be handled not if, but when Martial Law has been declared in our country.

Between the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act & various Signing Statements from Bush, he doesn't need to declare Martial Law...He's already effectively declared war on the US Citizens.

Originally posted by NightVision
I think it's also important to observe how many violent protesters get treatment from violent cops: Peaceful protests generally bring out a peaceful police force. The Law of Attraction at work.

I would consider this as more of an axiom than an absolute truth...But I hear of truly peaceful protests by groups like We the People & they aren't met with violence. One example was their "V" Marches on Washington D.C. protest & they have an upcoming Hungering for Redress of Grievances protest that's organized to be performed peacefully. However, it's pretty much also an axiom that the MSM ignores protests when there's no violence. Yes, "like attracts like" works pretty good, but there's bound to be exceptions from either side.

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
I think if a group of persons has somebody go and talk to the police before hand, I don't see having a problem.

At least the WTP organization did this before the "V" march...And again before scheduling the Hunger protest.

Originally posted by chise61
As military personel you took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to back up a fascist goverment and police force.

I can attest to that, as I was in the Navy during "Daddy Bush's Reign." Even though I've discharged my official obligation, I still uphold it by my own morals & ethics. Just an FYI, here's the Oath that I still take seriously:
Source: Oath of Enlistment

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I should also point out that, under the UCMJ, if you're put on Court Martial for committing "war crimes" or other such heinous actions, there is no defense in saying that you were "just obeying orders." That would also be enough to get your superior officers to Court Martial too...For issuing unlawful orders in the first place.

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
The guy below me is required by law to take intelligence test in basic english and basic math before being allowed to win prizes or make large purchases

Well, since the Citizens are supposed to be Sovereign over the government, government officers must act as public servants & since the Constitution (1st Amendment) forbids Congress from making laws that establish or respect any particular state-religion & Article 6, Clause 3 specifically forbids any religious test for qualification, then that sort of removes any indoctrinated morals out of it.

I propose that we make all of our public servants take an intelligence test based upon knowledge & application of the Constitution before they can take the Oath of Office & assume their positions!

Is anyone here a good enough writer to come up with a proposal for a new Bill to present to Congress?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I believe in free speech. Wouldn't want it any other way.

I've watched this several times and it does not appear the officer slammed her to the ground. He shoved her with just arm strength at collar bone level, she went down, and stayed down to add effect for the video. Classic tactic on the part of protesters, just like getting themselves arrested to make a bigger splash for the protest. Come on, can't a loud protester shout the same message from 5, 10, or even 15 feet back from where the stand originally? She could have just as easily stepped back and shouted even louder to protest. She got in the cops face to get him to respond while being video to make it look like abuse. It's classic. If it were a true fascist police state she would not be heard from again, instead I imagine she is out celebrating having attained hero status with her CodePink friends.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join