It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police slam CodePink protester to the ground

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This thread sure has pulled in comments form some violence minded, woman hating, tyranny loving, police state apologist, mindless goons I must say.

Thank God it also pulled in comments from some liberty loving, first amendment protecting, stand your ground patriots as well to balance things out.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Are the mods delaying posts for review before making them public? My last post took so long I repeated it thinking I had somehow failed to post it correctly.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The cop was totally out of line but at the same time, Code pink protesters have a reputation of not getting out of the way when asked and disturbing the peace during presidential speeches. Thats not protesting: thats just rude and obnoxious. That girl was probably asked several times to move and never did. The cops are the fire and Code Pink is Gasoline if you ask me. Both were wrong in this instance.

I'm hungry for a pink donut now...is it just coincedence?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaganthorn
Ok, I get it now.
I just looked up the 1968 DNC in Chicago,

So you kids don't really know what happened back then, you have no clue which is why you can be so nonchalant about it now.

Now it makes sense to me. Your history has been deleted. It was much more than unrest between protestors and policemen. People were killed for wanting to bring attention to some basic rights.

This is why some of you can be humorous about a girl being brutalized by a cop, a public servant. You don't really know how bad it really was or could get again.

Sad, so sad.

You are so right, so much of the important history has been deleted it's a shame ! I've lived in Chicago all my life, and even though i was only 7 at the time i vividly remember those riots, and it was NOT pretty! Oh and let's not forget about Kent State.

This goverment makes sure that our young people are not aware of there history, as it makes it much easier for them to turn this country into a fascist state. It's amazing how many of our younger generation doesn't even understand the real reason for our second amendment because it's not taught in school like it should be.

I don't think it's just ignorance of historical facts though. I've been noticing quite a few people saying things like, lucky she was in America if she was in China she'd be dead, etc. I believe that's a big part of the problem there are so many people with the mentality that say hey it's not as bad as it is in this country, or that country so just accept it and be happy because it could be worse. And that's the problem they don't understand the fact that as long as we accept it it WILL get worse and soon we will be treated worse than they are in other countries.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is it folks.. unless we stand up NOW it's Game Over .. Checkmate !!
I sincerely feel that life as we know it will cease to exist very soon unless some true miracle happens to humanity (which is doubtful but you never know for sure)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Wow...the cops are just tough guys nowdays.

No ... they are making themselves targets, nothing less, nothing more.

The tough guys are the ones that teach the overpaid security guards a lesson.

The guy below me is required by law to take intelligence test in basic english and basic math before being allowed to win prizes or make large purchases

[edit on 27-8-2008 by 2stepsfromtop]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I still say they should have hit her harder.

Heres what happened

The code pink website states that the woman was on the ground for several minutes in pain blah blah blab blah.

We get 30 some seconds of video? Apparently she would not move after they made an arrest. Maybe she will listen next time.

Probably not though.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alundra
This is it folks.. unless we stand up NOW it's Game Over .. Checkmate !!
I sincerely feel that life as we know it will cease to exist very soon unless some true miracle happens to humanity (which is doubtful but you never know for sure)

I don't subscribe to such paranoid thinking. It only leads to paranoid outcomes. The video reveals she was pretty up in that cops face. Not a good idea.

I think it's also important to observe how many violent protesters get treatment from violent cops: Peaceful protests generally bring out a peaceful police force. The Law of Attraction at work.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

I bet you enjoy a lot of Faces of Death now and then? huh? C'mon, you do don't ya!?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If you go to a protest and you see cops, you should be thinking, "hey, are these guys going to smash my face if I act like a retard?"

She was well aware that her actions would have reactions.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Maybe she wasn;t. This people do have a tendency to be kind of... well... shall we say, less-than-Gump intelligence?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Call it what you want but it's just how i feel about everything that is happening at the moment (on a global scale).
No matter how you look at it.. it surely doesn't look very positive for the world now does it ?
There NEEDS to be a change, a 'cleansing' if you will.
It just can't go on like this !
btw.. good observation point about the law of attraction

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Peasant-"Oh Now we see the violence inherent in the system. HELP!HELP! I'm being REPRESSED!"

King Arthur- "Bloody peasant."

Two sides to every story. But I do know that whatever you do, don't piss off the cops. They really don't like that. If you go into a situation where you know the cops are ready and waiting for something to set them off, dont do it, simple. I think if a group of persons has somebody go and talk to the police before hand, I don't see having a problem.

But if the group or person goes into a situation intentionally trying to bait the police, I am sure that they will most happily oblige. Which I am sure Code Pink relies on and waits for and then gets some great YouTube moments. Clever Pinky's.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That was awful, short of attacking him (and even then?) there is nothing this woman could have done/been doing to deserve that reaction, no way!
The point is, it's his job to restrain her or arrest her, not assault or attack her.

Some of the comments in this thread are sickening, both the "pigs die" and the "beat her more" mentalities really don't help things.

Some of you guys should be ashamed

[edit on 27/8/08 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

She was in his face, that's all it takes.

And you only need look at the organization's past. They're crazy at low and batsh*t insane at high.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

She is a human being above anything else, crazy,protester blah blah
Think what you like.....i've read enough thanks.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
As much as code pink irritates me....

Exactly what kind of threat is an unarmed woman, who seems less than 130 pounds, to a large police officer who is fully armed, has his hands on a stick, and is backed up by many other fully armed officers?

Guys that treat women like that deserve an ass beating, regardless of politics. The force used was grossly disproportionate of any apparent threat.

As for the woman getting taken away, I have no opinion on that except that it didn't look good that she was taken while speaking in front of the camera.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by wutone]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wow, I can`t believe some of the things I have been reading here. Yes, people get hurt everyday, some even lie just as often. But that aside, what really gets to me, is how many people in this world that have no compassion what so ever inside of them for others. Myself, I have a heart, and a soul. I have a deep understanding that we are all from one maker, but, a statement like this...... "I still say they should have hit her harder.", this scares me. What have we become? Even if she may have deserved to be "knocked down", why must someone sit by the side and make a statement like this? It`s like saying, ok, now that we have her down, lets just drive a couple more nails into her hands before standing this cross up.

What has happened to us as humans? Are we even human anymore? No, I don`t think we are. We have become a race of, not human beings, but a race of complacent beings. Which race do you belong to?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So I'm seeing some comments about how we don't know what happened prior to this but really, does it matter?

She does say something threatening to the officer but you can PLAINLY see that he reacts out of anger towards her. He forcefully shoves her to the ground. She didn't make any physical move toward him to warrant that. Back talking an officer is not grounds for physical assault.

Then, after she is on the ground, the officer does nothing. This is an obvious sign that what he did had no grounds. He just shoves her to the ground, and lets her lay there.

Obviously she gets back up and is still left alone by the officer further suggesting there really was no cause for what he did until she is spotted talking to a reporter and is yanked away, very forcefully again, by a few more officers.

She did not resist him, she did not make any physical moves against him.

She says, "Do it again" suggesting he just did something to her before. And still, obviously, he did not arrest her for anything and was not trying to arrest her, suggesting YET AGAIN that he had NO CAUSE for what he did. She says, "Do it again" so he does, and still leaves her be!!! This officer was obviously acting solely out of aggression and anger.

edit: who cares what codepinks reputation is. Just because they supposedly have a "violent" reputation doesn't give this officer grounds to treat that women in such a way. If she had acted violently toward him, he would have arrested her but HE DIDN'T. He was just pissed off that she was speaking her mind which apparently is not well liked in this society anymore.

Someone said it was "heartwarming" what was done to her. Are you kidding me?! This is what is wrong with our FLIPPING Country, man!!! People are brainwashed to believe anything authorities do is well within there rights.

I really can't tell you how angry I am at some of these comments condoning violence against human beings. HUMAN BEINGS!! I'm really sorry for the harsh language that will follow but, you people make me sick right now, really, you do!

[edit on 27-8-2008 by nunya13]

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join