It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police slam CodePink protester to the ground

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaganthorn
Got it. Self defense would be the only exception. Of course in the scenario you’ve indicated, you could just throw a donut in the opposite direction and avoid the confrontation altogether.

I love Krispy Kreme jelly doughnuts. Keep them coming!

reply to post by Tiloke

If your statement is accurate, it definitely modifies the dynamics of the situation. The really interesting thing about it is that despite what you saw, how I feel about what I saw in the video, my gut reaction, is overriding the modifying information.

This is the power of the media. It is a very dangerous thing and proof that we need to be very careful about what we see on TV and on the Internet.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
Chalk up one for the denver police.....

To bad they let the traitorus code "loser" pink live......

Unruly civilians are finally getting what they deserve.

absolutely disgusting... "unruly civilians" are getting suppressed, and the neo-con Machiavellian fascists like you are getting the power you crave. keep living in this material world and supporting our Nazi government - see how far it gets you, you snake!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

Ok, I watched the vid agian after you made your BS statement,

This video posted here is highly edited and conveniently starts just after the bullhorn screaming by the woman who got knocked over. Just seconds before the video starts, that woman is standing 2 feet in front of that cop, pointing a bullhorn at his face and screaming all sorts of obscenities about them.

The officer told her to back up and stop using the bullhorn. At that point SHE ACTUALLY STEPPED CLOSER (as in, right up to his face, I thought she was gonna try to head-butt him the way she did it, seriously) and said "I'm not gonna bullhorn again", or something close to that. The officer responded to that woman directly disobeying a legally given command and rushing up on him in a threatening manner.

You sir are big liar, seriously, you lied, I'm calling you out on this, anyone with eyes and ears can tell what actually happened here, you need to retract your statement.

THat woman was smacked in the face pretty hard, those batons are not a piece of foam, they are solid metal and they hurt pretty bad when you get hit with one (I had a roommate that had one, he was a prison gaurd), SHE GOT HIT IN THE FACE DUDE!

Also, because of all the noise, it would be immopssible for you to hear what she said.

Some of you people are pretty sick trying to justify a cop knocking a woman out while calling her a bad name. THAT IS WRONG!!!

P.S. A note to the mods, you edited my first post, I wrote shiite, not to evade the cnsors, but because I was making a statement, I also think that I have the right to censor myself, I showed restraint and I'm not someone who cusses, I actually say A-Hole (not the other word) in real life, it's not me trying to avoid censors.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It is beyond me why several posters are up in arms without actually knowing the whole story. We do not know what exactly was being said before the video starts. People seem to forget that these are the same people threatening to damage government property and confine members of the military against their will. These are the same people sitting outside VA hospitals with caskets and chanting. These are the same people who, after getting a permit to hold a march at 10 in a busy area, took it upon themselves to begin illegally at 7:30 thus blocking traffic. They may claim to be peaceful, but they are one toe away from crossing the line.

I can't help but wonder at the motivations behind all the anger and outrage shown by some posters. Bad run-ins with the law tend to make you not like the police I suppose, but can't really blame them for doing their jobs. Some may take it too far, but I personally have never encountered a single police officer who was willing to go out of their way to beat on me or anyone I know. Simple fact is, if you are peaceful and not doing anything wrong, you aren't going to be on the wrong end of the nightstick nor will you be arrested.

Without knowing the exact circumstances and words exchanged prior to the camera miraculously turning on at just the right moment, we cannot fairly decide if the officers actions were justified. Unless someone here was there and standing right next to this woman, we have no way of knowing what she was doing prior to the incident.

If she had been just standing there doing nothing wrong and was knocked down without cause, then by all means get the officers badge number and report him. At the beginning of the video everyone is told to back away from the vehicle and to get back. I personally cannot tell if she said "F..... do it a again!" or if she said "I won't do it again." My guess is she probably said the latter, but if that's the case what is it she won't do again? What was she doing that caused her to say that? And was she in fact doing it again when she was knocked down? She also appeared to be playing up how badly she was hurt from the fall. She was still moving almost the entire time she was down, and was perfectly fine when she was talking to the reporters so really how hurt was she?

Before I get flamed, I am not saying she didn't get hurt in the fall I imagine she probably did. But I do not think she was as hurt as she was acting while on the ground. And the failure of anyone around her to help her up leads me to believe that they were in on what was going to happen. Is it not possible that she intentionally provoked the officer and had all her buddies around her to make sure they caught it on tape to evoke the exact reaction that so many posters here are having?

Ponder that one for a minute.

edit to add a word I forgot

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

IMO it doesn't matter if she was really hurt or not, she was not physically attacking the officer and was unarmed, so tell me why the officer had the right to lay that smack down on her? If she is breaking the law then arrest her plain and simple

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Make up what? Next? Ok, time to talk here. Since all you can do is type a sentence and add two links to extermely unbiased news sources I do not feel that this will take long.

Now, here is a great picture of this woman, who is just being a protestor...

She looks real calm. She just wanted to get her point across. You see, the police were trying to get through the crowd and move people back. You can hear them. This is a slightly longer video, go to 1:10 and it starts. It also shows you lead up to the 'attack' by the police.

link to video

Not once have I stated that this is right, but it is unfair to cast a shadow in law enforcement as a whole. Next time maybe she wil dress in some jeans and a jacket like a smart protester does when they are going to get in the think of it instead of a cocktail dress.

The police have NO right to treat ANYONE unfairly or unjust. However, if you as an individual decide to cross that line, expect pepper spray and a takedown. This is reality.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Why are there shotgun shells on the ground that seem to fall from somewhere on the lady that got hit. as in, where did they come from? the cop in riot gear didn't have any one him, was this lady maybe armed? no idea, and doesn't make any sense, but still wondering where the ammo came from.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Honestly...

This is our fault...the people's...we have given our government & the police too much power...police feel as if they are god's amongst men because they can carry a gun without being questioned and can kill anyone with a probable cause...plus if they really want to kill you all they have to do is plant some dope on you...sad but true...

I'm not surprised by this type of video, but understand this happens on a daily basis all throughout the U.S. ...granted the video didn't start off before the guy cold clocks this chick...but did you see how hard he cracked her? She could've possibly smacked her head on the concrete and been knocked out cold...and then how they take her away at the end??

Quite Disturbing...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Disgusting people defending the officer.

No matter what that silly lady is doing he could go about it 100 better ways. You don't just hit people in the face who has not hit you in the face.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Funny how they support the cops because it's code pink. If it were 2nd amendment protester same guys would be yelling "FACIST!!!".

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I really don't see how anyone can take such a harsh stance one way or the other without seeing the un-edited video, knowing exactly what heppened. The officer may have over-reacted or the lady may have done everything possible to get such a response, the problem is that you don't know the whole story.

Also, what's with the "If the cops ever did that to me or to a lady in front of me..." BS. Perhaps being angry over the clipped video led to some less than intelligent thoughts but really, advocating shooting a police officer for that will get you nothing more than a toe tag and 5 minutes on the cable news.

There are more than enough eye witnesses and cameras there for a court to figure out exactly who is at fault and who should be punished, I would be surprised if lawsuits weren't already being planned.

Keep in mind as well that one bad cop, if that is the case, does not represent the whole. This incident isn't a foreshadow of a neo-con state that's on our horizon, it's either a bad cop or an unlawful citizen.

All cops are not bad people, just like all priests don't molest children, all teachers don't have sex with their students, or all soldiers don't throw puppies off of cliffs, sheesh, try the decaff, it's on the same aisle.

Del

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
wow

America is crying...

NESARA

let's make it happen

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That was totally uncalled for! That pig should be fired and arrested for brutality./

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustnoone1987

She wasn't attacking him that we saw, she was unarmed as far as we could see. Unless you take into consideration that your hands, feet, elbows, knees, head, backpack, etc. can be counted as weapons if used in a certain manner. My point, which I thought I had clearly stated, is that we don't know what happened before the camera was turned on.

As was brought up by another poster, maybe she spit at him and he knocked her down. I personally wouldn't just stand there and get spit on without pushing the person away from me. Not saying that's what happened, but people have a tendency to get riled up about things without knowing the full story.

I would also like to point out that I never defended the officer's actions. I merely pointed out that without all the facts, there is no way we are in any position to be riled up about it. Yes, it seems a bit excessive to me, but I don't know what was happening before hand and neither does anyone else here. We only have a few moments out of the confrontation to look at and it is impossible to determine what the circumstances were with the few moments we can see. There may very well have been something she did before the camera pointed to her that justified him knocking her down, or he may have been way out of line. We don't know.

Edit to add: I went back and watched it again, he didn't swing at her and hit her with it. He had one hand on each end and pushed it forward into her. Looks like knocking down and not hitting to me.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

You see, your simple reaction to someone else is what gets people knocked to the ground in these situations. WHy the hostility towards other posters who are asking simple questions?

NO one was clubbed. He was not Swinging at her. If you are going to go up against a riot gear wearing cop in a heated situation, you should be prepared for tear gas not a baton. In my opinion she was lucky that was all that happened. Name another country where they would not be eating rubber bullets or live ammo or tear gas to clear them? Be grateful for what you have in the US. We do not need change, we need resolve from our own citizens.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar

Keep in mind as well that one bad cop, if that is the case, does not represent the whole. This incident isn't a foreshadow of a neo-con state that's on our horizon, it's either a bad cop or an unlawful citizen.

All cops are not bad people, just like all priests don't molest children, all teachers don't have sex with their students, or all soldiers don't throw puppies off of cliffs, sheesh, try the decaff, it's on the same aisle.

Del

Indeed it would not be wise for anyone to judge the police as a whole by this one man's actions...but he still is a representative of the organization...and he did not earn any brownie points by doing what he did...

We can argue about who's fault it was or wasn't all day until we see the whole clip...so let's save that discussion for after it has been presented…

Does anyone have a full clip by chance??

But at the same time to me at least there is a "growing majority" of police that I've come across and have become aware of...that abuse their almost unlimited powers on more then one occasion...tasers for instance...they can electrocute you until you fry...the cause? Without any witnesses self defense will save them every time...

For example, me and my friends were at a party and the only reason the cops showed up was because of supposed noise complaints…well anyway they had ordered people to line up and show their i.d.’s so they could check if anyone was on probation…well my buddy felt that it wasn’t right that he had to show anything and denied the officer’s request…they then brought him outside to intimidate him even more to comply…he refused and when they tried to put the cuffs on him for no reason he resisted…well he was standing in grass that was getting watered by sprinklers at the time…and the police officer ended up tasering him until he defecated on himself…point is…they never gave him a reason why they were arresting him (they could’ve said non compliance with an officer yadda yadda but didn’t)…never read him his rights…and took him to the drunk tank for the night…didn’t even charge him with resisting arrest…but the way they went about it in such a cocky way was ridiculous…

I'm worried about how things will be handled not if, but when Martial Law has been declared in our country.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
reply to post by Finn1916

You mean the lips stick and tampons?
Retard.

-Jimmy

Interesting considering i have never seen tampons that are red with a goldish end to them. like i said, looks like shotgun shells, and, tampons don't usually roll. watch the ful video that was posted and not the smaller one in the op, and enlarge it, it was only then that i noticed them.

edit to not be a jerk and lower myself to useless name calling

[edit on 8/27/2008 by Finn1916]

[edit on 8/27/2008 by Finn1916]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Take Trotsky's advice,if you can't persaude a facist ,aquaint his head with the pavement.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
She told the cop "f***in' do it again". He did it again. It has been a long time since cops were, protectors and public servants. They have adapted the, us against them, attitude in places other than Chicago since 68.

thank you for the time reminder -folk act like this is something new.....
it ain't new! this kind of tactic has been used to intimidate protesters since the 50's and clearly, still works a peach.....for protests like this the goon squad (big cops) is on point, required to work and getting paid overtime - what they did to the PINK spokesperson is standard procedure toward organizers - those they identify as agitators - they will track you through a crowd and after telling you to disperse will then corner the stragglers and beat you to the ground...no spitting required to get a beating, believe me...they want you to be afraid of them and outraged..thats the whole point of brutality - so while it may the first time some of you have seen something like this - this is nothing new and should you be thinking of going out into the streets to support a one cause or another...rest assured, you can expect the same treatment or at least be prepared for it in future...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join