It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the Ad Obama is suing to keep you from watching

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The only thing Obama will do is blow up the economy with insane taxes. Not-to-mention, majorly cutting and reducing the military in a re-newed cold-war era.

They aren't implying Obama will blow things up Kreiger.

They are implying Obama is an anti-American Marxist unlike our forefathers who broke-away from this in the first place.

Obama is radical.
Obama is Marxist.
Obama is a radical Marxist.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

You realise McCain has promised more taxes to pay for a war with Iran.

And Obama's taxes will be on the top 10% who currently get the majority of tax money back. In one year the top 10% get more tax money from the government then the bottom 90% has in a century. Obama will cut corporate welfare by billions and end a pointless grab for oil in Iraq saving even more billions.

He will not blow up buildings like the commercial implies. Just like, using that logic, McCain will not torture children. But again using that logic McCain will torture babies with his own hand if he is elected.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
They are implying that Obama will do what Ayers did. Blow stuff up. Even though he isn't friends with Ayers. And when Ayers did blow stuff up he was 8. But that doesn't matter to the Neocons. By their logic Obama being on the same Board as Ayers means Obama is a terrorist and will blow stuff up. So the opposite, by their logic, means McCain will torture people because he "associated" with torturers.

Ok. Let's give you the implication you suggest.

The problem, however, is that in your McCain example the "association" isn't the same. McCain was a prisoner of war and, therefore by definition, an UNWILLING participant. Obama's association certainly doesn't appear to have been against his will.

Don't you think that's a material distinction?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Uh, duh! Planes never went into the capitol. who really believes that? besides, everyone who knows the US government knows that it's not about the buildings or the people living in them, but what the citizens want.

Michael S.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yes, using real logic. But we're not talking about normal logic. We're talking about the logic the Neocons use in the ad and on here.

Remember by Neocon logic, if Obama goes to Japan then that means he supports Godzilla and wants Godzilla to attack NYC and destroy it like he does in the movie.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is "flawed logic", but this is not the case.

As BlueTriangle pointed out, everything said in the ad is a fact.

Please show us otherwise. It is not making bold assumptions, but merely stating the obvious based on multiple accounts.

Obama has a distinct pattern of relationships with anti-American activists who live in this country and abroad.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

No it isn't. Obama is not friends with Ayers. He does not support Ayers. He has even stated that what Ayers did was wrong, as has been posted here several times. None of it is fact except that Obama knows of Ayers because they serve on the same Board and live in the same neighborhood.

So stop accusing Obama of being a pedophile just because he once walked into a Catholic Church that had a pedophile Priest.(Same BS Logic you're using to tie Obama and Ayers and make Obama a terrorist)

Anyways, time for work so I am off for awhile.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i didn't sort through this to see if my question was posted, but why the hell would this ayers guy not be in prison right now? if everyone knew he did the bombing then he'd be takin it hard in san quenton.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
No it isn't. Obama is not friends with Ayers. He does not support Ayers. ...Obama knows of Ayers because they serve on the same Board and live in the same neighborhood.

Well, that isn't entirely clear, and his association was MUCH more meaningful than you suggest.

Unless, of course, you are saying some of these are false.

If so, please indicate which ones.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
The only thing Obama will do is blow up the economy with insane taxes. Not-to-mention, majorly cutting and reducing the military in a re-newed cold-war era.

They aren't implying Obama will blow things up Kreiger.

They are implying Obama is an anti-American Marxist unlike our forefathers who broke-away from this in the first place.

Obama is radical.
Obama is Marxist.
Obama is a radical Marxist.

There are two choices...

If MCcain does not FULLY FUND the R+D into new green technologies we are screwed in a way never seen before.

We have always been at the forefront of such leaps,,, ALWAYS,,,

I do not trust that John Mccain recognizes this.... Wait for years and America is toast!!!

If we get Mccain and he falls asleep on this one or does what Republicans have been doing our country is absolutely $#@% 1000000000%.

So I'm sorry but the reality of inaction on this one will be irreversible. There is no replay, second chance non of that...

Other things can be fixed,,, we made it through the biggest spender in history GWB, great... but fall behind on this new frontier of GREEN ENERGY!!!

You think about that, and you ask your self - is Mccain going to put MASSIVE resources into this??? If not all your worries about OBAMA SATINS SON will pale in comparison.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hey yall, i'm not living in the USA, but could someone tell me a couple of things. After the september 11 attacks and the Iraq/Afghanistan invasion, didnt much of the population belive Islam and muslims in general to be of a bad character. If so, how did Barack "hussein" Obama, become a prominent candidate for U.S Presidency?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
BTW, has anyone checked Obama's site to see how Obama used the words "respectable" and "mainstream"? I haven't yet.

Yes. He didn't. And I've posted about it twice. Apparently you have me on ignore.

Third time's a charm?

There's a reason that people CANNOT find where Obama said these words.
Keep looking, though.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
My Firends in America.

Why do you continue too do this bantering back and forth about this candidate will screw you, vote for my guy as if you really believe that either one of them has your interests right on the top of their list. It is rather sad to see this happening. Can you not see the corruption your political system has come under. But some how you want to believe that one or the other is concerned for "YOUR"well being. Please wake up and face the fact, they do not care and they are pandering like a pauper for your votes and will blatently lie to you for them. I have to say "WAKE UP AMERICA!" I want America to stand for freedom not status quo! Get off your lazy boy's and care more than argue. Please see this post is really for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Holy! Thats Such A Brutal Video...

I knew that guy was up to something...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by loam
BTW, has anyone checked Obama's site to see how Obama used the words "respectable" and "mainstream"? I haven't yet.

Yes. He didn't. And I've posted about it twice. Apparently you have me on ignore.

Third time's a charm?

There's a reason that people CANNOT find where Obama said these words.
Keep looking, though.

Accordig to ABC:

blogs.abcnews.com...

But before he and his wife Bernardine Dohrn -- also a former member of the Weather Underground -- became what the Obama campaign refers to as (quoting Alexander Cockburn) as "respectable fixtures in mainstream liberal Chicago years ago"

www.americanissuesproject.org...

Sen. Obama's Website Referred To Ayers As A "Respectable" And "Mainstream" Figure
In Chicago. "AYERS AND DOHRN BECAME RESPECTABLE FIXTURES OF THE
MAINSTREAM IN CHICAGO: Bill Ayers And Bernadine Dohrn 'Became Respectable Fixtures In
Mainstream Liberal Chicago Years Ago.' Alexander Cockburn wrote in and op-ed for the Las
Vegas Review Journal, 'Late last week, the Clinton campaign was leaking stories about support
for Obama from the former Weather Underground couple Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, both
of whom became respectable fixtures in mainstream liberal Chicago years ago.' [Las Vegas
Review Journal, 3/2/08]" (Sen. Barack Obama For President Website, www.barackobama.com, Accessed 4/17/08)

So, MAYBE it didn't come from Obama, but it was clearly the stance of the campaign.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Accordig to ABC:

blogs.abcnews.com...

But before he and his wife Bernardine Dohrn -- also a former member of the Weather Underground -- became what the Obama campaign refers to as (quoting Alexander Cockburn) as "respectable fixtures in mainstream liberal Chicago years ago"

So, MAYBE it didn't come from Obama, but it was clearly the stance of the campaign.

So, Alexander Cockburn, a CRITIC of Obama, writes something about Ayers and that Cockburn quote ends up on Obama's website and so you credit the quote itself to Obama's campaign? And it's OK that this POS ad credits it to Obama himself?

Yeah, that's what I thought. :shk:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Its obvious to most of us that their campaign was using him as a shield to express their views. Thats why Tapper says in the article "became what the Obama campaign refers to as"

Several times Obama's campaign referred to him as "friendly" and "A guy I'm neighbors with". Implying that hes just an everyday guy, the same message as "mainstream and respectable". If you look at Obama's fact check aginst "Obama nation", he defends Aryes as "member of the establishment and friends with the mayor".

You can try and fudge it all you want, but its clearly the Obama campaigns position.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I also did the research looking for this quote and couldn't find it. I ended up figuring out the source was Obama's webpage. You can argue that the words may not have come directly out of Obama's mouth, but if it's on his campaign webpage it's good enough for me. If you can't believe what he puts on his own webpage, what can you believe? He has all of his campaign promises on there too, should we assume that if he doesn't directly state the campaign promise that it's not his words and he doesn't have to live up to it despite the fact that it's on his site?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
You can argue that the words may not have come directly out of Obama's mouth, but if it's on his campaign webpage it's good enough for me.

It was a quote from an external article. Just like we quote articles here all the time.

So, then everything I say here on ATS can be directly attributed to Skeptic Overlord, right? If a portion from an article is posted on this website, then it's Springer's opinion and might as well come directly from his mouth? And Simon Gray can be held responsible for it?

Okay. If that's how your brain works. Believe whatever you like. Embrace Ignorance, that's what I always say.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
Well, even if it is true, would you prefer a guy who is friends with a bomber, or a guy who actually bombed and killed civilians in vietnam ?
Just to make a point...
I don't know why anyone thinks this election is so important.
Both candidates were picked by the same people.
Two names, one game...

You are sooo right! One man's "terrorism" is another man's "fight for freedom". Everyone gets so excited about the "presidential contest" they fail to see that no matter who "wins" they are but puppets of thw NWO, Bilderburgs, Trilateralists, CFR, Club of Rome, etc. etc These people are only self-indulgent figureheads like Bush/Cheaney doing the will of the people calling the shots. The only statement George Wallace made back in the 70's I remember as profound is when he said, refering to the then Republican and Democratic candidates, "...there's not a dimes worth of difference between them." So let them hurl the mud and foul names and accusations. If Cheaney/GWB don't do another false flag attack, declare Martial Law and cancel the elections and either Obama or Mccain get in office all that is necessary is to bend over place your head firmly between your legs and kiss your a-s-s, and what few freedoms you still have left, goodby.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join