It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia ready for 'anything': Medvedev

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

Ahh kcfusion, you've hit the nail on the head. The world was a much safer place when we had the balance of power, perhaps Bush and Putin know this all too well and a deal has been done. I always thought the Ruskies would trade Iran for the eastern Ukraine and Crimea, it's a done deal!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I personally think that Russia and the USA need each other. It is all a matter of balance. We will never fight each other directly, but meet through an intermediary like korea, vietnam, etc... There has been a power void (at least a "perceived" void) since the fall of the Soviet Union. They were are main rivals in everything from Olympic competition to the space race. Without the competition we have become stagnant as a nation. Although I don't want to see war, I am afraid that is exactly what our leaders want and need.

On a side note, I don't think China will ever become our main rival like the USSR was. I base this solely on racism. We as a country would much rather have our rival be someone who looks like us, and in many ways live and act like us. I could be way of base with that analysis, but its the vibe I get.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

It ain't revisionist history. The U.S. lost the Cold War.

And where do you draw this conclusion from? Is it the prosperous time we had immediately after the union collapsed? Is it that our military increased its technology tremendously, and is now far advanced in many fields? You America bashers will say anything. You don't care if it makes no sense. Saying the US lost the cold war is well flat out stupid. I'm not saying that we don't have our problems, but come back to reality please.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Oak
On a side note, I don't think China will ever become our main rival like the USSR was. I base this solely on racism. We as a country would much rather have our rival be someone who looks like us, and in many ways live and act like us. I could be way of base with that analysis, but its the vibe I get.
I think you are right, it always amazes me the way some Americans despise the Chinese, almost as if they were not human.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It looks like they are ready for anything:

SKY TV - AP: Russia's Medvedev warns of military response to U.S. missile shield in Europe.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
America is involving itself in a war with which it has little to do with, altogether better summed up by this picture.

And the Bear isn't back, it never left.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

www.russiatoday.com...

Listen and watch your self, when Mr Medvedev says these words...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Thanks.

He really said "We're not afraid of anything" and he did not said that they are ready for anything.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Is it me or Medvedev did not said that Russia was ready for 'anything'?

As far as I could see in all articles I found about it, what he said was what this article also says:

We're not afraid of anything (including) the prospect of a Cold War.

I could not find any place where he said that Russia was ready for anything.

It could be because I am just a Portuguese guy that learnt English just by hearing it spoken on the movies and TV shows, but it looks like that article is trying to make us think that Medvedev said something he did not said.

Rest assured your Portuguese english translation is fine. Hype makes interest, and once interest is created posters who act upon what they were told was the truth respond. I have several case studies going on right now based on hype threads and the conditioning that is shown is nothing short of remarkable. Its the sources of the conditioning and the methods that hold my interest and a tiny corner of cyberspace is the perfect lab to find willing subjects.

Continue to read close my friend. The truth is out there.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Translation: If russia decides to embark on another imperialistic endeavor, the rest of the world can just lube up and bend over.

The soviet union is back ...

www.iii.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Good for them. If you bite a bear in his butt, it sh#ts in your face.

More important is the motion that something is changing in the balance that we do not see. Russia is appearently aware of a frailty in the western alliance and the US itself.

Question is what?

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

Russia knows full well that a significant portion of Europe is quite beholden to Russian Oil and Gas.

Whilst the Europeans and the UK may talk tough to Russia, it is merely window dressing. Unless directly threatened, I do not see the EU or the UK for that matter following the US into a confrontation with Russia.

Therein lies your weakness.

Russia has, with the help of Bush and his gun-ho attitude, managed to drive a wedge between Europe and the USA. If they manage to goad the USA into a first strike, or to make them look like the agressor, then the wedge will be complete.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Scurvy
Well when you come back to the 21st century and get up to date with the world politics you may comprehend where I'm coming from.

Have no doubt, I truly know where you are coming from.

Your comment about "coming back to the 21st century" is ridiculous and naive by the admission of another russian sycophant here on this thread that the Soviet Union's leaders never really left the scene ...

How about not dooming all of us to repeat that brutal soviet history because some either forgot or never learned the history of the soviet union in the first place?

Let us be realistic, I don't think you can compare the "brutal soviet history" to the brutal US history. The biggest difference between these two imperialist giants is that Soviet thinks more about the common people(Communism) and US thinks more about its own interests(Capitalism).

I think if we are going to consentrate on the brutal side of the Soviets, we should also discuss the brutal side of the West. Let us not forget that they have also intervened in many countries around the world and the results have been devastating, an example would Iraq, Iran, Algeria, Somalia, Afghanistan.... the lists is pretty long.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
None of his words are aggressive at all.
He is just talking like a professional politician.
Any leader would say this same thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So glad for this.It will bring balance to the world.Balance is needed, we can't have a single party rulling the world, it's unacceptable.This confruntation is democracy in it's purest form.No one should have unlimited power, there needs to be an oposition.Freedom is just that.:Live free , die free, be who you want , take orders from no one, this is absolute freedom.If some one comes and will try to take something of yours then smak him.Same story with this conflict.No one can control the other 100%.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

More important is the motion that something is changing in the balance that we do not see. Russia is appearently aware of a frailty in the western alliance and the US itself.

I think it is the financial collapse happening in the US. What is the value of the US to Russia without its economic power? I don't think Russia ever feared the US due to its Sub Launched EMP capability. It merely engaged in the globalization pushed by the US for economic gain.

Now that the US is trying to get its hands on resources in the region while its paper money is failing, Russia is not amused. THEY will be the economic powerhouses soon because of their resources. America sold the farm but still has its shotgun and its hungry, for OIL!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

The people of America need to open there eyes, the truth is out there! Whether you want to believe it or not. It’s up to you
All over the world Mainstream media is cleverly manipulating the masses whether you want to believe it or not. It’s up to you
Governments orchestrating so called peacekeeping scenarios all over the world whether you want to believe it or not. It’s up to you
Thousands of INNOCENT civilians are dying, infant’s brothers & sisters mothers & fathers ALL FOR WHAT.! PEACE!
America’s actions are louder than her words BLACK WIDOW
History is being repeated right in front of our eyes
Remember THE PAST DETERMINES THE FUTURE.

JJ STEAL.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBTBE
America is involving itself in a war with which it has little to do with, altogether better summed up by this picture.

And the Bear isn't back, it never left.

Nice cartoon ....... very apt and also very true.

Yes, equalibrium has been restored and rightly needed. Now we will see who will win the arms race, with Russias economic might and Americas economic deficit and China holding all the aces.

Its like Rome and Carthage all over again.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
To the OP,I know,I know how dare the Russians attack our valiant pupp,er ally Georgia perhaps,the Russians realise what the Neo-cons little game is and now the US gov does not know what to do about a nation that is not affraid of them.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by mike dangerously]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy

Originally posted by twisted_fate

The soviet union is back ...

All I can say to that is...great.

Finally we have a country who isn't going to get down on its knees for America.

You have to respect the Russians for that. They don't take it from anyone. I'm also glad the Bear is out of hibernation. It may give the Americans some hesitations before they continue their plans to take over the world.

Oh yes, let's all be glad the 'bear' is out of hiberation and respect them for this..... not. Why respect them for bringing more strife into an already crappy world that we live in? seriously....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join