It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Septemeber 2008

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Moocow ....can you just get a book open the page read one verse and understand what it is saying ?No because it would be out of context ..
And in school ...did they not give us 1 +1 then we learn to subtract ..then we move into Algebra etc ..harder math ....same goes with the word ...
You start out reading it and mostly what you see while reading is the real easy stuff like Jesus is the son of God and this is why he died and this was why he rose again (your spirit takes that in ) .etc etc ...then once you get that down ...the more you read the more you will understand .......

Also you see what just reading it literally like a book does ...The Jews did that ..and they missed their messiahs first coming ...they got mixed up about his coming because they only read the parts they wanted to hear ..this is many many many people that I know even ..............
Alot of people do not even read the bible at all anyway ..they just take what their preacher says in the short hour on Sunday morning ...they really dont care to read it themselves ...takes too long ....too hard to understand ..they already hear enough on sunday ..yadda yadda ...which they are paying a dear price for that now that most of them are pretty much getting decieved .........

The Lord did not want us to just read it like a book anyway ...it is the living word and it is food for thought ..and food for the soul ...it is very rich ..like a really rich chocolate ....and it needs to be read ..then digested ..then meditated on and maybe even read again ......then it sinks in .....

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

Thats true if we dont undersatnd we should read the Bibel or go to church to be inlightend. But remeber to live up to Gods word when you close the Bibel or leave church. If not you have gotten no where and learnd nothing.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
spy66 God gave Adam and Eve instructions ....Thou shalt not eat of this fruit ...he said if you do you shall surely die ....

He gave us his word ..and explains to us why we shalt not eat of that same fruit as we shall surely die too ....

Rebellion my friend ..thats what it all really boils down to ..

God said ..dont ..and they just had to do it because they were just like kids when you tell them not to do something .............and just like kids ..they had to suffer the consequences for their actions ....or they would never have learned a darn thing ........

God is unlike us as parents ..we are not so good at our words ....and of course this generation of kids shows what happens when you dont discipline enough to teach the kids that its not ok to eat of that fruit ..........
But God is good at his word ..because he is a way better father than we could be ..and he knows what it will take for a stubborn rebellious peoples as we all are .... ...

Look only the really really wicked will have to endure the wrath of God ..Read Rev ...they didnt even repent after all that came down on them ..they cursed God even more .....
And if you will notice ..ONLY THOSE WHO TAKE THAT MARK will receive the wrath .....the mark means they willingly turned themselves over to satan when they take it ..........they wanted the things of the world (fleshly carnal living) instead of the things of the spirit and they literally chose to serve the god of this world (who is satan at that time) to live for eternity with satan in hell ..
many many many many fence walkers will certainly in my opinion will give their lives to Christ and of course they may die during the tough times ..but they will at least see that God is real and repent before that day comes ...
At least thats what I believe ...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I dont even go to church at all anymore ..I read it myself ....I learned alot from church ..and it wasnt all good ..lets put it that way .......in fact I have church friends who go three times a week and when they come over I challenge them on what they learned ..and it makes them have to go to the word just to prove me wrong lol ..which is great ..at least they are studying it now for themselves ..............

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

i enjoyed your analogy!
i believe i may be able to answer some of your questions using a few examples:

A. new testament prophecy is interpreted 2 ways
-1. as a result of fulfilled interpretations and solutions, provided in old testament prophetical texts. example: so and so has a dream filled with symbols that have future portent. the prophet interprets the dream correctly and defines the symbols, the events come to pass.
-2. as a result of answered interpretation in the new testament. for example, the symbol of the beast with 7 heads is provided. the text then tells you the 7 heads are 7 mountains and also 7 kings.

so we have the puzzle and we have the box cover, but parts of the box cover are intentionally missing, faded or otherwise obscured. the reason for this, i believe, is because corrupt leaders would use it as a template to world domination and an escape from justice.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
There're a couple things that really bother me about religion. But before I get to that I must go on record to say that I was born and raised a Catholic, and now I'm an agnostic I guess you could say.

The first thing that bothers me about religion--

When I was little the only thing that was taught about Jesus, to me at least, was that if you were bad you were going to Hell. My dad ALWAYS said that the world was going to end very soon and to be ready. Hell, my mom said that my great grandma was sayin that stuff back in the 70's. I don't understand why everyone wants to focus on the GOOD side-- the happiness, the love, the forgiveness. They'd rather focus on the world ending and death.

The second thing that bothers me about religion--

All ancient texts say the same thing about creation as our bible. How is this possible and why don't any modern day churches recognize this fact? I think there is a lot more to ancient cultures than we can imagine. The Sumerian texts alone are older than the world (that is according to the bible's timeline). So to completely ignore these texts and not try to figure out what THEY mean BEFORE trying to decipher a book that was written thousands of years later is willfully remaining ignorant to the truth, imo. I won't go as far to say God ISN'T real, because I believe anything is possible, but I think our conception of God could be grossly skewed.

The last major thing that bothers me about religion--

Every religion claims to be the true religion, and understandably so. Because you wouldn't claim to believe in something that you thought was completely retarded. But yet they all say, essentially, the same thing, but in a different way. I guess it goes back to the divide and conquer strategy.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I havent not read the whole Bibel. Because i dont need to anny more. I know what it is all about and i know whats comming.

The Bibel is like a travel through time. Its like you say "humanity" is like a childe who needs to be thought the rules as it gets older. And humanity is breaking the rules all the time and we get punished all the time to.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DanielsMagi

Haha I knew this would be up sooner or later, the christian site I visit ratherly irregularly has been saying this since January of this year, they believe they will be raptured next month too. I could have told you this! I am just waiting for it to happen. Oh yeah has anyone been keeping their eyes to the skies, August is almost over with and not one UFO has appeared over my house, when will the UFO invasion begin???? Can't wait for next month!! hahahhahaahah.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess31
reply to post by DanielsMagi

Haha I knew this would be up sooner or later, the christian site I visit ratherly irregularly has been saying this since January of this year, they believe they will be raptured next month too. I could have told you this! I am just waiting for it to happen. Oh yeah has anyone been keeping their eyes to the skies, August is almost over with and not one UFO has appeared over my house, when will the UFO invasion begin???? Can't wait for next month!! hahahhahaahah.

Yeah i agree with you

Ouer imagination screws up our common sense.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess31

Tell me about it... every month is supposed to be the month. This is actually the first time I've posted in this type of thread because they're ridiculous.

Also another thing about religion--

When I got my first communion in church I was expecting some feeling of complete happiness and content, but when I ate the wafer it was just like any other wafer.. I didn't feel God's presence in my life anymore than I had before (which was none basically). If God were there why doesn't He show Himself more often? And please, don't call me Thomas. Thx in advance.

Also-- I encourage all believers to read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.. its pretty much what took me from a believer to an agnostic. I would love to see you guys try to refute his arguments.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
reply to post by Jess31

Tell me about it... every month is supposed to be the month. This is actually the first time I've posted in this type of thread because they're ridiculous.

Also another thing about religion--

When I got my first communion in church I was expecting some feeling of complete happiness and content, but when I ate the wafer it was just like any other wafer.. I didn't feel God's presence in my life anymore than I had before (which was none basically). If God were there why doesn't He show Himself more often? And please, don't call me Thomas. Thx in advance.

Also-- I encourage all believers to read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.. its pretty much what took me from a believer to an agnostic. I would love to see you guys try to refute his arguments.

I just have to coment on this one.

What is common to all humans?

Ill tell you: Humans are NEEDY. What dose that tell you!

1. That we need to feel.

2. That we need to have.

3. That we need proof.

You can probebely come up with some more needs to right

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ketzer22 we are not talking religion here ..in fact I detest religion...

We are talking about a personal relationship with the LORD GOD ...
Who can be found out about from the word of God ..

All other ancient texts go on and on about many gods ..(those who call themselves gods who were really no gods at all)
Thats what they did after leaving Eden ...they went on to serve many gods they made up more gods as they went along even ... ..so of course there are many a text written by them ...which it explains why ..they ate of the fruit disobeying the one no no they were told not to do .....and thereby sunk deep into PAGAN DIETYS ...as satan offered them KNOWLEDGE remember ...so why do you find it so hard to believe that satan used men to write his own texts down through the generations so no one would believe and serve the one living God .. ?While satan was having men write his texts ..(Or those fallen angels had them written not sure who did but someone did ) ....the men who did serve the only real God were writing down the word of God too ..
How can you believe those texts and not believe the word of God ..(see I have the same questions you do ) ......

What I find hard to believe is how can people believe their or so many gods .....and yet cannot fathom there being just one ...
And the many god believers tell us ..hey yall are so stupid to believe in just one God ...I find it even stupider that they can believe in more than one ......does not make sense to me ..

Here is what I think ...those texts took the truth and twisted them into a lie ...just like satan does .....to keep everyone serving everyone else (pagan dietys) but the one true God ................

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The very basic concepts cannot allow a rapture to happen much less exist. How do you define Good when there is no Evil to base it off of? What is considered Evil? Stealing food so that your family doesn't starve or not believing in God because you've lived in a forest all your life and never read the bible because you've never seen it before. The whole concept of "thou shall not do that" depends on a bar to measure it with. Iherantly there are some things that are understood as wrong. Taking a persons life from them, or taking something from them for greed not self preservation. What happens when there is no more Evil? How can you measure it when it doesn't exist? Does the bar get raised higher and now if you don't pray your considered evil? Sneeze without saying bless you and your evil? The only possible out I can see is nothing. Neither exist as both are gone in our current space time frame. When we die perhaps we move on to a higher dimension or another universe.

-Aza

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The bible is not a very good example of astrology, why on earth would you use it as such?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

Wow thanks I will look into the Book THe God Delusion, always looking for a GOOD book to read!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
LOL oh my ...look around you and tell me that there is no such thing as evil ..
Talk about someone having blinders on ....

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
After the time of Noha.

There was a great and mighty man called Nimrod. He hated God. But if there is no God. Who did Nimrod hate! If Nimrod buildt the towers of Babel. Why did he do so if he dident frear God. If he dident frear God who did he fear that could flood the lands again.

Now it was Nimrod who excited them to such an affront and contempt of God. He was the grandson of Ham, the son of Noah, a bold man, and of great strength of hand. He persuaded them not to ascribe it to God, as if it were through his means they were happy, but to believe that it was their own courage which procured that happiness. He also gradually changed the government into tyranny, seeing no other way of turning men from the fear of God, but to bring them into a constant dependence on his power… Now the multitude were very ready to follow the determination of Nimrod, and to esteem it a piece of cowardice to submit to God; and they built a tower, neither sparing any pains, nor being in any degree negligent about the work: and, by reason of the multitude of hands employed in it, it grew very high, sooner than any one could expect; but the thickness of it was so great, and it was so strongly built, that thereby its great height seemed, upon the view, to be less than it really was. It was built of burnt brick, cemented together with mortar, made of bitumen, that it might not be liable to admit water. When God saw that they acted so madly, he did not resolve to destroy them utterly, since they were not grown wiser by the destruction of the former sinners; but he caused a tumult among them, by producing in them diverse languages, and causing that, through the multitude of those languages, they should not be able to understand one another.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
To Spy66--

Your point is so simple, yet so effective.. humans really aren't ever satisfied lol..

To Simplynoone--

From my understanding the Sumerian and other ancient texts were created long before the bible so how could they be talking about the same God/s? I believe to ancient humans with primitive technology, someone would seem like a God if they could fly and do all the things we do now. I would be interested to bring someone from Jesus' time to today's world and see their reaction.. I bet it would be classic.

To Jess31--

I HIGHLY recommend The God Delusion-- I'm doing a book review on it right now for my English class.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp
Christianity is supposed to be about doing good, no? Another note I want to point out is that what good comes of telling people the world will end? Maybe a few convert to Christianity. Out of fear. Wouldn't that ruin the whole purpose of being a Christian? It isn't about doing this and that because you are scared of hell, it's about acting/living/believing in a specific way because it's the "right/good" thing to do. Or at least I thought.

It's things like these that really grind my gears and make me wonder what is the purpose of end-times prophecy.

I couldnt have said it better myself. Wanna be my friend?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ill say this again.

The Antichrist is a Human. But we think he has abowe humen strength.Or we will think he has God like powers. But he dont have God like powers. His power is in ouer trust in him.

The Antichrist is borne out of a human doctrin. Now look up what doctrin means.

Human rules and docrtins produses beasts that hunger for power.

The Beast will force you to worship him. What that means is that the Beast will force you to falow his rules and doctrins. Doctrin can be another word for politics.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ketzer22
Good question ...but thats what my point is ...we know that we have been lied to many many times about history ..and historical records and such ...and how old they really are ..or arnt ..............
We only know what we have been told by TPTB (and yes that even includes the churchs (Catholic) and the Jews etc ) as they were at one time one of those PTB ...
I believe there is alot we do not know and has been hidden from the general public ...for this very reason ..so we wouldnt believe the bible at all ..which is exactly what they wanted ...and is exactly what satan wanted ..
What better way than through confusion and many many different texts to keep us all uninformed and confused ..it has worked very well actually .................

Its like collecting Original CDs (or any collections you have chosen to collect ) ...the originals are made and sold ..then all of a sudden there are so many other copies made by so many peoples that it becomes almost impossible to see which one was the real original CD ..but we know for a fact that the real deal is among them .. it will be hard to find and hard to determine which ones are the real originals ..but it can be done ..by a process of elimination and studying in minute detail of emblems and signatures etc .and trademarks ...etc ......then you will find the real deal ...................and they all swear they have the original ...but you cannot know for sure till you dig into it indepth .....

Maybe that isnt a good analogy ..but its still early and I have not had all my coffee yet lol ..................

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join