It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Septemeber 2008

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp
Christianity is supposed to be about doing good, no? Another note I want to point out is that what good comes of telling people the world will end? Maybe a few convert to Christianity. Out of fear. Wouldn't that ruin the whole purpose of being a Christian? It isn't about doing this and that because you are scared of hell, it's about acting/living/believing in a specific way because it's the "right/good" thing to do. Or at least I thought.

It's things like these that really grind my gears and make me wonder what is the purpose of end-times prophecy.

My thaught exactly.

There are many, many people out there who are good, honest, caring, hard working people, who are not christians..!!!

So if the Rapture comes, it will leave these people behind to burn in hell, just because they are not christians?

LOL.., this is one reason I will never bow to any religion of any kind, it's never about doing the right thing, but rather about making other people do what "YOU", think is right for them!!!

Heh, I have never in my life, considered mollesting a child..., How many CHRISTIAN, Priests, have been charged with that little sin..lol

Mabe if the rapture dose happen, We'll be better off here without those people

[edit on 8/28/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

So if the Rapture comes, it will leave these people behind to burn in hell, just because they are not christians?

that's not what it says.
this is the premise. when you become a christian, you are supernaturally grafted into the family tree of yeshua. you become heirs, inheritors of the promise, sons and daughters of God.
the future is molded by the decisions and free will choices of the people. eventually that future opens doors to other forces that don't particularly care for the well being of the humans on the planet and actually act to hasten our destruction. you can even see echoes of it already in the speeches by the occassional scientist, such as the one who thinks it would be a good thing if about 90 percent of the populace was eradicated by ebola virus.

God offers an escape route from this future scenario. that's essentially it, in a nut shell.
what's left on the planet is not hell, it's just the end result of the choices people make and the lives they choose to live. i dunno how it will all work out or if i'll even qualify for the rescue mission, i just pray that i will and hope for the best for everyone.

whether the rapture is real or not, if we have scientists who think most of us need to die and they are basing that on their view on survival of the fittest and the ecology of the planet, well, there ya go...

it's pretty certain that a superior sentient race would have some inkling of the direction a civilization such as ours would take, even without the benefit of prophecy. if they had other such civs to compare it to, they could set their watches by it, it'd be so predictable.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
At first, I completely dismissed this thread when I read the title. I'm not a big fan of dating the return of Christ for obvious reasons. One being that the bible says no man, not even Jesus knows the specific date or time of his return only the Father. However, I came back to this thread and read a little bit and then did my own research on the subject. I came across a very interesting article that showed specific dates for these eclipses and what Jewish holy days they would fall on. By no means am I saying that we will be raptured, caught up, snatched away (call it what you will, it's all the same) in September of this year. But I do believe that these dates and occurrences could have some significance in the future.

The four lunar eclipses will occur on:

Passover, April 15, 2014
The Feast of Tabernacles, October 8, 2014
Passover, April 4, 2015 and
The Feast of Tabernacles, September 28, 2015

This is most unusual. It is a rare occurrence for four lunar cycles to happen on successive Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) observances. It will not happen again for hundreds of years. However, Mark found that a series of four lunar eclipses on these particular holy days did occur in the twentieth century -- not once, but twice! The first set occurred in 1949-1950, the year after Israel became a state! The second set happened in 1967-1968, the year Israel liberated Jerusalem! Such a phenomenon is nigh unto impossible, unless it was set up by Divine design. Mark looked back in history and noticed that the last time this set of four lunar eclipses occurred on Passover and Sukkot was in 1493, the year after Columbus sailed the ocean blue and Spain expelled all Jews.

Solar Eclipses

In addition to the four lunar eclipses in 2014-15, Mark also found two solar eclipses. They will occur on:

Adar 29/Nisan 1, March 20, 2015
The Feast of Trumpets, September 13, 2015

These two dates are quite significant because they are special days in the Jewish calendar. For example, it was on Nisan 1, the first anniversary of the Exodus, that Moses raised up the tabernacle for the first time and the glory of God descended. Two weeks later, the Chosen People observed their first Pentecost since the Exodus.

www.zimbio.com...

I don’t believe we will ever know the date and time, but I am confident that we will have signs and wonders to warn us that the end times are near and coming soon.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The word is pretty clear we wont know the DAY or HOUR
Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Which leaves room in my opinion ....for us to be able to determine the possible MONTH and or YEAR ..........
Also the bible says ....
Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
Ok thanks - I am an unbeliever so here is something for you.

If the Rapture does not happen in September, then you have to publicly denounce the bible and the Christian / Jewish religion.

However, if it does happen, then I will put my hand up to be burnt in hell!

Now that's a fare bet - any takers?

While I dont wholy share the opinions of WatchNLearn I have to back him on this. I'm fed up to the back teeth with posters scare mongering people and using religion to back up their proposterous claims.
So, I'll repeat WatchNLearn's question- If the rapture does not happen in September as you state can we finally consign the Bible and the Christian and Jewish religion into the file entitled "Nonsense!"

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

No ...and for your info no one is making you read these threads ....if it scares you then I would suggest not reading them...its really very simple..

I would ask you the same
If Aliens do not show up will you publically denounce your belief in them ?
If it turns out that the NWO is all bs ..will you publically denounce your belief in them ??

You see this is just childish to even ask someone that kind of question ..

OPPS did I mess up when doing the quotes ?
Sorry I am still learning how to do the quote thingy........

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This question is for the Christians here ..

If you believe that the Holy Spirit of God lives within you (who knows all things and will teach them to you) then why would you have a hard time in believing that the Lord may tell us or show us in a dream or a vision ..that he is on his way in a week or something to that effect ?

When they asked Christ the question of when Lord are you coming ..
He had not yet ascended to the father ..so the Holy Spirit had not yet been given to believers to dwell within man..........so at that time he may not have known when .........and neither could have anyone else ........before that time ...............

Just wanted to give you something to chew on .........
I am not saying we will know ...just thinking deeper on this issue ..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It doesn't scare me because I simply don't believe it. But those who do follow religion and obey its rules, will be worried. I dont believe in aliens either. Strange that you think I would. Is there anything else you would like to know about my belief systems?
Honestly, you simply cannot go through life stating that something amazing is going to happen on a global scale because the bible says so, then when nothing happens just hope no one was listening and put the date back!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
[It doesn't scare me because I simply don't believe it. But those who do follow religion and obey its rules, will be worried. I dont believe in aliens either. Strange that you think I would. Is there anything else you would like to know about my belief systems?
Honestly, you simply cannot go through life stating that something amazing is going to happen on a global scale because the bible says so, then when nothing happens just hope no one was listening and put the date back]

Ok so your not scared ..and if others get scared because we are talking about this then they need to stay away from the threads that scare them ..and as far as that goes even ..the whole world is a scary place ..should we all just put our heads under our pillows and not even discuss anything that may be scary ?

The Alien comment was mainly just for the purpose of showing how really childish it is to ask anyone with any belief to simply dont discuss it just because its scary ..and even more childish to ask them to publically denounce their belief in anything just because they may have been wrong in what they believe ..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Quote [Honestly, you simply cannot go through life stating that something amazing is going to happen on a global scale because the bible says so, then when nothing happens just hope no one was listening and put the date back]

I suppose that the Prophets of old who told of the things to come (All that has come true since they told it ) would disagree with you I am sure ......

Let me be clear ..I really hate date setting too for the same reasons everyone else does ..But It does not make me not want to see what I can find out about it ..or discuss it ..or discuss the possibilities ..
In other words ..I am open to any possibilities on any given subject ...seriously I am ....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hey Mint ...do you believe in the NWO stuff ?
Do you try and guess and try and find out when it may all come down and how it will come down ?
There is no difference with that than there is with this subject ..
Do you see now where I am coming from ?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

"Ok so your not scared ..and if others get scared because we are talking about this then they need to stay away from the threads that scare them ..and as far as that goes even ..the whole world is a scary place ..should we all just put our heads under our pillows and not even discuss anything that may be scary ?

The Alien comment was mainly just for the purpose of showing how really childish it is to ask anyone with any belief to simply dont discuss it just because its scary ..and even more childish to ask them to publically denounce their belief in anything just because they may have been wrong in what they believe .. "

I'm not saying this topic shouldn't be discussed! Where on Earth did you get that idea from?
I don't think the post is particularly scary either as if its true theres not a lot anyone could do about it. . . I'm just fed up to the back teeth with posters making outlandish claims announcing our final days only for nothing to happen! Then, a little while later, up pops another claim stating we are about to all go up in a puff of smoke. And so it continues!
Therefore if you're going to make a bizarre claim and it is proven wrong, then at least come back and apologise for scaring the ever loving s**t out of everyone!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Hey Mint ...do you believe in the NWO stuff ?
Do you try and guess and try and find out when it may all come down and how it will come down ?
There is no difference with that than there is with this subject ..
Do you see now where I am coming from ?

I do believe in the NWO stuff to a degree but I certainly don't try to tell anyone that they are going to kill us all on a certain date. . .
I suppose I could though. How about this- tomorrow at twelve O'clock precisely the NWO will kill all of us in a sustained nuclear attack. If it doesn't happen? What the hell! I'll pop back the next day and say they're going to kill us the following day. And so on. . . Do you understand what I'm saying?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Quote [I'm just fed up to the back teeth with posters making outlandish claims announcing our final days only for nothing to happen! ]

Ok I get what your saying ..But then the ENTIRE ATS Message boards would need to shut down completely then because the Christian (supposed outlandish claims) are no different than the 2012 Crowd,the NWO crowd,The Alien Invasion Crowd,the Masonics are taking over the world Crowd,and on and on .
They all have their scary stuff and their end of the world scenerios dont they>?

And what your basically saying then is your tired of hearing about any and all of them ...which if that is what your saying ..then I am saying DO NOT READ THE THREADS ON THEM THEN >.and maybe you might want to leave message boards all together ..because these things are being discussed on almost all message boards ..........and maybe you might not want to watch TV then either ......as these things sometimes get discussed on TV too ..

I mean come on ....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Quote [Do you understand what I'm saying?]

Yes I do ..but would you rather no one suggested any possibilitys at all about any event that may be coming our way ..If no one discussed possibilities of things happening or not happening ....then how would anyone get warned if something real is in the works ..(and I am talking about all scenerios that I mentioned above ) .......................

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Firstly, not all the threads on ATS are doomongers! Thats a silly thing to say, but those who go on about 2012 (unsurprisingly, I don't believe in it!) back up their claims with sound thinking and facts not pages out of religious book.
But it's not only the fact that God is plotting our downfall that I find annoying. Its the very question of, What is god?
My god is a great guy. The kind of guy you go out with for a pint. he 'll go out of his way to help you, watch your back and place a comforting arm around your shoulder when things aint going well. He certainly Isn't this vengeful, narcistic god who needs everyone to continually drop to their knees and pray to him! I think this scaremongering, if anything, puts people off religion!
Finally, the one thing I like about ATS is that those who make the claims and post the information (no matter how weird) are always entertaining. Its fun, Isn't it? Telling people they're about to become a handful of ash because they didn't attend church on Sunday is anything but fun!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
666? Anti-Christ? Revelations? 2nd coming?
I don't think we have to worry about any of this, but if something close to it happens, then I'll just call it a self fulfilling church instegated prophecy.
I used to believe all this garbage, but now I don't.
That's my personal opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Quote [My god is a great guy. The kind of guy you go out with for a pint. he 'll go out of his way to help you, watch your back and place a comforting arm around your shoulder when things aint going well. He certainly Isn't this vengeful, narcistic god who needs everyone to continually drop to their knees and pray to him! I think this scaremongering, if anything, puts people off religion!
Finally, the one thing I like about ATS is that those who make the claims and post the information (no matter how weird) are always entertaining. Its fun, Isn't it? Telling people they're about to become a handful of ash because they didn't attend church on Sunday is anything but fun!!]

Hey Mint ..I agree with you on almost every point in this post ...Seriously I do ....In fact if you had actually read my posts in here would have seen that I posted that only the children of disobedience will experience his wrath ..go back and look ..
I also believe he loves his creation ..has a very awesome funny sense of humor ..and more than likely would even drink a pint with us ...
Since drinking is NOT against his laws ..only being a drunkard is ...
And having fun and enjoying all the God created for our pleasure is also not wrong .....In fact the word says this
Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean.

Rom 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed [are] pure; but [it is] evil for that man who eateth with offence.

It is the over indulgence of things that make them wrong ..and become sin ..whatever it is they are indulging in will cause them to do things that they would not normally do and they do go overboard and it does certainly hurt those around them who love them ...

And here is why we need Christ among other things .......
Jhn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Jhn 15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Jhn 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned.

Jhn 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Jhn 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

[He certainly Isn't this vengeful, narcistic god who needs everyone to continually drop to their knees and pray to him! I think this scaremongering, if anything, puts people off religion!]

Well you know we are made after his image right ?We are vengeful arnt we ? We will repay those who do wrong wont we ? (like take the law into your own hands and shoot a thief while he is entering your house ) also like sending people to jail who seriously are a terror to our friends and family ..we will also kill them with the electric chair or whatever ..wont we ?

As far as praying to him ..If you were God and your creation never talked to you or said THANK YOU LORD for everything you have done for me ..How would you feel and how would you react if the whole world just ignored you when you were trying to tell them to STRAIGHTEN UP so you wont have such a bad time in this world ..as we bring on most of what goes on in this world and most of what happens to us which makes our life worse ...True ? .......

And I agree about the religion statement (I HATE RELIGION TOO) ..
You know even God says he hates mans solemn assemblys (which are their services and their traditions etc etc ) and I know for a fact that people who do evil things in his name will not go unpunished .

Amo 5:21 I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.
Proverbs even writes about it
Pro 5:14 I was almost in all evil in the midst of the congregation and assembly.

[Finally, the one thing I like about ATS is that those who make the claims and post the information (no matter how weird) are always entertaining. Its fun, Isn't it? Telling people they're about to become a handful of ash because they didn't attend church on Sunday is anything but fun!!]

I agree they are better than TV lol .....
And I do not go to any church anymore ..but certainly I can agree they are not fun ...so I would not even try and tell anyone else to go ...if even I think they are terrible in how they act and what they do ..and what they teach ..and yes very much hypocrites ..they will not go unpunished either ...........

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hey Mint .....

I wanted you to know that even though I do not believe in UFOS and aliens etc .....does not mean that back in my mind there isnt something that makes me a little scared ...and I get scared because I think ..so ok ...what ..just what if ...they are real ......I get scared because I think there very well could be some truth to it ..
Do you suppose thats why some get scared when hearing about the bible ?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Did I lose you Mint ....I was really looking forward to your replys ...

Anyone else have anything to add ...I feel like I am hogging this post lol..

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join