It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Septemeber 2008

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I had my whole dollars worth all typed out and clicked wrong key on keyboard and lost it all so ..I will try again in a shorter version ..

The bible says we cannot know the day or hour of the catching away of believers ..but we can know the times and the seasons and the signs ..only if your looking and watching for the signs,times and seasons will you know that it is near (not far off) and right at the door even ..

As far as the second coming (which is not the same as the catching away of the very few faithful remnant) it can be known from day 1 of the beginning of the seven years of tribulation to the end .......and yes there are 7 years of it ..*first half there are a sequence of events that the word says will happen ...second half another sequence of events happen ..its pretty clear to me .....and according to studying Jewish holidays and the things the Lord did on certain Jewish holidays ..that it will be on a Jewish Holiday ....they were given to the Jews to observe for a reason dont you think ?

I didnt watch the film ..I will now and comment more on what I think of it ..
It sounds interesting though and I wouldnt just discount it mainly because it sure could fit in to end times events ...................

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor

Originally posted by DarksDeception
I so do not understand people whom think there will be a rapture!

If you are a believer, as I am, I will simply say: "answer this then"

Jesus said, "Matt 24:29 - 31"

He specifically said, "after all these things have happened, I will gather my people"

So, no rapture will be until possibly 2015, which will be the end I believe!

I might be wrong, but Jesus can't be!

Thank you for posting this. This has been my own question for many years. Most of my friends are pre-trib rapture believers who think we're at the beginning of the tribulation. Matt 24 always trips me up when I start thinking they're right. But then, the point is also the not knowing, right? I've come to a "hope there's a rapture but have a Plan B" mindset. Oh me of little faith, haha.

Just to add my .02 worth, DarksDeception is correct - except for the date guess because not even Christ knows that (per His own words). A lot of people point to 1 Corinthians 15:49-55 as proof of a "rapture", but even this passage states that "For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." So the dead will be raised first, then anyone left alive will be transformed.

Oh my god no! Zombies!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DanielsMagi

yes another prediction of doom.
Don't worry, nothing is going to happen in September or October or November, etc...

I'll tell you what, if something happens, I will publicly apologize to you and join whichever religion you are part of as a devout converted by you.

If nothing happens in September, you agree to give up your religion and completely renounce it in public.

Sound fair?????

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawgator406

Mark 13:32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Sorry to go off topic a little but I couldn't help but sit up when I read the above quote from Mark.

Is that a real verse from a bible?

The reason I ask is that some christians`have been working very hard on my head trying to explain how jesus is god.

If that verse is correct then its quite clear that god and jesus are 2 completely different entities, I tried being stupid for a few moments just to see if I could missread it or read it out of context.

Nope, that verse definately says jesus and god are 2 different entities, unless its talking about someone elses son or some other god.

No doubt ther'll be some really strange responses to my question from other posters telling me it really means something else or is a metaphore for chocolate spanners etc.

Or by some miracle some christians will accept that the verse means what it says.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
moocowman ...I believe that Jesus when he was in human flesh ...did not know at that time when maybe because it was not yet time for us to know that ... ..but surely he knows now ..once he ascended to the throne in heaven ...............

Forgot to add ...Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily...this helps with that puzzle ....... ............
You cannot just take one scripture and say see ....there are more pieces to the puzzle than one can find in just one verse ...................

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If one takes the time to actually read Revelation, rather than just have it spoon fed to them by their local preacher, it quite clearly says that the 144,000 people to be spared the nasty stuff are all going to be virgin Jewish males, 1,200 from each of the 12 tribes. So if you ain't one of those, you're going to be stuck in the crap with the rest of the heathens. Too bad, so sad.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was listening to coast to coast one night a long time ago and some guy was on and talking about the end times. He said that the rapture was really a bunch of alien ships that drop by and scoop up a bunch people. Then once they have them all scooped up they take them somewhere and turn them into some kind of robot-cyborg-slaves or maybe it was food... I don't remember... it was a long time ago and I didn't pay much attention. Any one remember that show?

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The 144,000 sealed Jewish wittnesses are those who evangelize the world as Gods plan shifts back to the Jewish people, after the Christian Church is long out of the way.

I am not sure where you got the idea from that the 144,000 were the only people raptured........ They are not raptured at all, they are converted Jews that are born again after Christ reveals Himself when He saves Israel from the coming war with Russia/Iran.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Good post DanielsMagi!

I, too am waiting for the rapture at the end of Sept. All the signs are lining up. Other dates have come and gone, but this one seems to have more evidence than all the rest.

I believe the Russian Georgian conflict we are seeing now is the start of the Gog Magog war of Ezekiel 38 & 39 which happens right around the rapture time.

Also, as far as the biblical scripture when Jesus said that "no man knows the day or the hour" he was referring to the Rosh Hashana Jewish feast which happens each year - this year at the end of Sept. No man knows the day or the hour is the actual name of the Rosh Hashana feast because the time for the feast cannot be declared until the new moon is shown.

Anyway, keep looking up - at this rate there won't be many of us heading that way - but it's not too late for the rest of the people. They just need to humble themselves, ask Jesus to save them and if they are left behind- DON"T TAKE THE MARK!

If you don't agree with any of this - blessings to you anyway - Jesus still loves you even if you don't believe in Him.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Sir Chancelot - you have given me much to digest and no, I do not want to bet on this. I am at work and quite busy, so I printed out what was on the link you provided and I will read it and do some more searching Biblically tonight at home and post again tomorrow. I don't usually have time at home to go online. I personally believe there will be no rapture before the stuff hits the fan, but I do leave it open to the possibility. If there is a pre trib rapture, I will be very happily surprised. I do try to research the Bible in its original language and meaning instead of accepting what most of the church/cults spoon feed us, so a lot of my beliefs differ from most churches. So for a pre trib rapture, I don't believe but I will look into what you attached - much the same as my being on the fence about an eternal flaming hell (leaning toward not buying it)...but that's a different discussion.

Until tomorrow...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I would like to man up and personally apologise for an offensive remark I made here. I am sorry. I know better than this. If the golden ship comes in I hope they pick you up first.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
AshleyD - I printed out your link too and will go over it. I guess I have my homework for the night. Now I really need to go because I was supposed to be done here at work 10 minutes ago and still have about 20 minutes worth of work left.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Revelation 4-6 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

Revelation 4
The Throne in Heaven

Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits[a] of God. 6 Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, Clear as Crystal.
In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a Lion, the second was like an Ox, the third had a face like a Man, the fourth was like a flying Eagle.

D&M Pyramid Cydonia Mars Image By ESA Rendered By TripleD3

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

No one knows the day or the hour. It could be this september or next or a few seconds from now.
As for you being an unbeliever, I feel sorry for you.
Who do you pray to when a loved one dies, or in time of trouble?
Nobody? I'm impressed tough guy.
I just know this I would rather believe and be wrong than not believe and be wrong. Think about it. You are not just a body your soul lives on somwhere when you die Where that is is up to you.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Jesussaves2008 is right about those 144,000 ..........
They are not raptured but marked by the Holy Spirit ...I believe they are the ones who will endure (They will be preserved ) unto the end and are the last of his remnant ...where the scriptures says All Israel will be saved (All Israel meaning 12,000 out of each tribe ) I think the wording was mistranslated a bit here ..because its impossible at least in my mind that he meant every Jewish person will be saved ..since many Jewish peoples I believe may make their choice of serving the creature instead of the creator .............
Well I mean its not impossible ..because surely with God all things are possible ..So I could be wrong on that ....
But I know there are more than 12,000 Jewish people in this world ..so where does that leave us ............

Some think the 12 tribes are not literal but spiritual Jews ..I am not so sure about that ...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
"stars falling from the sky" i believe this is a reference to a galatic war, in our solar neighborhod and the stars are ufos crashing into the planet.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think you may be right ......I think the stars may possibly be in reference to the fallen angels ..showing up once and for all ..as in like an alien invasion .....

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

yep, i agree.
and the abomination that maketh desolate, that already happened. alot of prophecy has already happened, so much so, that it muddles the picture. as a result you have preterists (people who think it's already done and we are living in the millenium), partial preterists (people who think it's partially done with more to come before millenium) and futurists (people who think it's still in our future, entirely).

my take on it is, partial preterist, leaning towards futurist. i think we've seen almost everything happen HOWEVER, there are a few very important events that still need to transpire. the confusion centers around the cut off of the statue in daniel, where the fifth kingdom is miry clay and iron, and the continuing saga in revelation, where we see the fifth kingdom repeated over and over again, three more times. the beast that was, and is not, and yet is, is the fifth kingdom incognito. for those who understand what i'm saying, check it out

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I personally believe there will be dual fulfillments of all those events ..

What has been before will be again ..nothing new under the sun ..
History repeats itself ....................

In other words they are all right and they are also all wrong (all those pre and whatever ists lol) ..the answer lies somewhere in between ..lol ...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just a note...you can't find the term "rapture" in the bible, the term was made popular by John Nelson Darby of the plymouth brethren at the end of the 19th century. Aslo, the bible has been altered so much you can't be 100% sure it's true. For instance, the councel of Nicea, where Constatine I had 250-300 bishops attend and they decided what would be included or removed in the bible. Also there are alot of gnostic text you should look into, they contradict alot of what's in the bible or check out the Codex Sinaticus, the oldest bible in the world, over 1600 yrs. old. It is a very fascinating read. It just may change you interpertation of the bible and the "rapture". All in all, I agree with many who say why worry about something you cant change. If the "rapture" is, so be it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join