It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Septemeber 2008

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Hey Mint .....

I wanted you to know that even though I do not believe in UFOS and aliens etc .....does not mean that back in my mind there isnt something that makes me a little scared ...and I get scared because I think ..so ok ...what ..just what if ...they are real ......I get scared because I think there very well could be some truth to it ..
Do you suppose thats why some get scared when hearing about the bible ?

Thats the question Isn't it? What if? If some of these strange stories, including the so-called rapture, are only one percent true then we live in an incredibly diverse and weird world. I dont discount anything. I just want to hear the truth backed up by evidence that I can go away and check and then make my own mind up. I dont think its too much to ask?
In a world that has 24 hour TV, amazing video and computer games, and is always toying with annihialating itself. . .its not the bible which scares people ! Ordinary people simply dont have the time to read it!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Quote [Thats the question Isn't it? What if? If some of these strange stories, including the so-called rapture, are only one percent true then we live in an incredibly diverse and weird world. I dont discount anything. I just want to hear the truth backed up by evidence that I can go away and check and then make my own mind up. I dont think its too much to ask?
In a world that has 24 hour TV, amazing video and computer games, and is always toying with annihialating itself. . .its not the bible which scares people ! Ordinary people simply dont have the time to read it]

[If some of these strange stories, including the so-called rapture, are only one percent true then we live in an incredibly diverse and weird world.]
Yes we do dont we ..........it always been an incredibly diverse weird world .

[ I just want to hear the truth backed up by evidence that I can go away and check and then make my own mind up. I dont think its too much to ask?]
I really thought thats the reason why so many people post so many scriptures to try and show where it is in the word ..I thought thats what we have all been trying to do in this thread ....so I did all that digging into the word yesterday for nothing ? (I have not yet finished about the reason that I BELIEVE there will be a Rapture ..I know I only touched on it somewhat) man that wore me out even ...........

[In a world that has 24 hour TV, amazing video and computer games, and is always toying with annihialating itself.]
Yes so it is on everyones minds these days isnt it ...so why shouldnt we talk about it ? None of us really have solid proof that anything will or wont happen do we ?

[its not the bible which scares people ! Ordinary people simply dont have the time to read it]
I know thats the ONLY reason why I take so much time to post where it says things in the bible ...I have posted numerous amounts of scripture to prove my point on many different subjects that I bring up ........

And yes the bible does scare people ..which is one of the reasons why they wont read it ....my hubby gets downright upset about the bible ..and doesnt have a clue what it says ..but will argue about it with me lol ...one night I realized why he dont want to know ...he is afraid he may read it and believe it and it would change his mind on what he believes or doesnt believe ..
Thats just being very closed minded in my view ............

He says man wrote it ...I said man wrote the dictionary too ..Tesla wrote stuff and he believes everything Tesla wrote ..I also said ...man wrote everything ..does that make everything untrue ?? And how can you believe something one man wrote as truth and not believe what some wrote from the bible as truth ..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I think I would have to side with your hubby on this one. There's no doubting that you know your bible but as far as I'm concerned, and you'll hate me for this, it's just a book. Some people find comfort and solice in the bible, hence I'll never knock it or bring it down, but it simply doesn't have a place in my life. . . at least not right now.
However, what about those crazy reptile shape shifting lizard guys. They're a hoot aren't they!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Jesus said, "these things I do, you can do also".
You know what it pertains to. So with that said, if we believe whole heartedly about something, ("Faith", you know, moving the mountain) it will become manifest.
Shouldn't we be thinking and believing in each other, that we can change this world. For the good of all peoples and mother earth. Not believing in the doom and gloom of a Rapture. Cause if enough people believe it will happen, it surely will.
Let the truth and the love of God light your way and fill your heart with wonderful and kind thoughts. Let that be our Rapture, and not the Rapture of the Bible.....Free-Will is a most glorious gift, let us use it wisely.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Forgive my lack of knowledge about Christianity and it's beliefs, but I thought the Rapture was a good thing? As in people who've accepted Christ get whisked off to happy la-la land while the world burns?

Why is everyone talking about it like it's doom and gloom anyway?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Simplynoone - You and Sir Chancelot and AshleyD (and others too) have certainly raised many scriptural references that could be interpreted to show a pre-trib rapture. I will concede that point. But I have also pointed to a few references that seem to specifically point out that all the poop hits the fan, the dead are raised, and then we are "caught up" or "raptured" or whatever simalar word has been used here. My interpretation still leans to the side of no pre-trib "rapture". The few remaining people left alive at the end of it all will be "caught up". But your very well put together and quite extensive postings have put the hope in me that I am wrong and we will not have to suffer though all of it (assuming we are the generation to see it - which we may not be anyway).
Anyway, I can say that I am fine either way. The uncertainty in my mind about the timing of the event does not in any way change my faith. My question to you is - if you are wrong and there is no pre-trib rapture, will your faith be shaken at all?
One more thing - Mintyhole, I know this was not directed at me but if you believe in evolution (just guessing here so don't flame me), the theory of evolution that most non Christians take comfort in came about from a book written by the flawed human Charles Darwin. A book that has no place in my life. Micro evolution is obvious but macro evolution is ridiculous. In my opinion.

And to the person/people who say that Christians should give up their faith due to someone giving a date for the "rapture", sorry. To me, when a "Christian" gives out dates for end time events, it means we will probably be ok that day. We will not know the day or the hour. On the other hand, we are told that we will recognise the "season" of the end of times - which a lot of Christians feel right now (including myself). But if the end of time, Armageddon, the rapture, or whatever you want to say does not happen in my lifetime - it doesn't make Christ or the Bible wrong, it just makes my interpretation of current events wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

"One more thing - Mintyhole, I know this was not directed at me but if you believe in evolution (just guessing here so don't flame me), the theory of evolution that most non Christians take comfort in came about from a book written by the flawed human Charles Darwin. A book that has no place in my life. Micro evolution is obvious but macro evolution is ridiculous. In my opinion. "
Quote.

How do you know my holes minty. . ? Only joking.
Don't know what you mean about darwin being flawed but I do, to a point, go along with his theory of evolution. And, just like you, it has no place in my life either!
I'm not having a go at christians or the bible my problem from the start was with those who make bizarre claims! In this case, the rapture is said to be going to happen in September. The poster is sure of this because he says it says so in the bible. So I was simply asking, if it doesn't will people turn back on religion because the bible has been proven wrong? Well, of course not, but then I don't want the same poster to come back in October and tell me he's had another look at the bible and the rapture is now on for December!!!
Again, I repeat, I'm not having ago at organised religion just the kind of remarks made at the beginning of this thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

No prob Mint I wont hold it against ya lol ...I want to thank you though for being so polite with me during our conversation and thanks for yakking with me for so long ..I love meeting new people ..And no I am not trying to convert you ..not trying to convert anyone ........I just like to talk lol ....

[However, what about those crazy reptile shape shifting lizard guys. They're a hoot aren't they]

Yeah now that is something I would have to see some more proof of ...not even sure I would believe it then ..but hey anything is possible isnt it ...lol .

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

No prob Mint I wont hold it against ya lol ...I want to thank you though for being so polite with me during our conversation and thanks for yakking with me for so long ..I love meeting new people ..And no I am not trying to convert you ..not trying to convert anyone ........I just like to talk lol ....

[However, what about those crazy reptile shape shifting lizard guys. They're a hoot aren't they]

Yeah now that is something I would have to see some more proof of ...not even sure I would believe it then ..but hey anything is possible isnt it ...lol .

Thanks. You shouldn't have to thank anyone for being polite and courteous, but I understand what you mean and thank you for it. I like you, love talking about these strange subjects. The reason I mentioned the reptiles is because I looked up your details! lol. Just a small wind-up. I'm going to put you down as a friend and I'll keep my eyes peeled for you in future.
God bless.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
Forgive my lack of knowledge about Christianity and it's beliefs, but I thought the Rapture was a good thing? As in people who've accepted Christ get whisked off to happy la-la land while the world burns?

Why is everyone talking about it like it's doom and gloom anyway?

Hi Reddup ...it is a good thing ...In fact as you know it will be a wedding of all weddings once we are with our Groom in heaven ...and for some of us it (all the trials we have already had to endure ) will all be over and we will have our rest (thats the part I need is a rest )

In case anyone is confused ..it is the time of the 7 years (Tribulation) and the day of the Lord that is the gloom and doom day ..(some disagree on when that day of the Lord is ..I believe that day of the Lord really does not start till his wrath is poured out after the mark has been given and only those with the mark are left for his wrath .(There are many scriptures about the day of the Lord
but here are some of them ..
The rest are here
blueletterbible.org...
Joe 2:11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp
[is] very great: for [he is] strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD [is] great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Joe 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD [is] near in the valley of decision.

Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end [is] it for you? the day of the LORD [is] darkness, and not light.

Amo 5:20 [Shall] not the day of the LORD [be] darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

Oba 1:15 For the day of the LORD [is] near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Also the world dont burn till the end end ...everyone has at least 3 1/2 years (First half of that 7 ) to decide who they will serve ..but if you wait till then you will end up beheaded (the middle of that 7 the AC will force his mark and then if you say no ..you will be killed according to the bible)
There is one good thing about that though ..The word says there is a special blessing for those who are beheaded ...
Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks Mint ..I added you as a friend too ...
LOL glad you wanted to get to know me by reading a little about me .that always helps doesnt it ....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Hi Cool .....I will admit that it is a possibility (Only a slight one though in my mind) that I could be left here too ..and that there may not be a rapture ..(I do doubt it though and my heart really says there will be one ) .....And no I will not lose my faith ..I will be right here with everyone else ...maybe helping people as much as I can to get through it ...TILL THE END..I will still have FAITH no matter what ...........................

Have you are any of you studied the Old TRaditional Weddings ? If not please look into it ...The Lord did everything by Jewish tradition and talked about his bride (who are his chosen faithful saints who he chose for himself to be as Kings and Queens to rule with him in his kingdom) ....its very interesting stuff ..It was digging into that ..that really convinced me completely that there would be a rapture PRETRIB .*(Mostly how the groom comes for the bride then for 7 days they hide out and consumate their marriage then they come out and invite the guests to the feast ) sounds like could be like bride taken out and the 7 year trib takes place while they are in their home (heaven) consumating that wedding ...dont it ?.I will see if I can find something to post and share with you all ..ok .............

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I was digging in my stuff looking for the Jewish wedding stuff and I came across a poem I wrote that I had forgotten about ..

I am going to share it with ya ..hope you dont mind ..
*I am not trying to get off topic ..I just thought you might like it ..
Some might think its stupid ..but I thought it was possibly the best one I have written and explains how I feel alot ..

Left in Awe

Along the road of life we tend to wander aimlessly
Thinking to ourselves how good things are
And what fun it is to be alive
When all of a sudden the clouds roll in
Swirling winds begin to cleave to our soul
The lightning strikes deep in our hearts
Searching the heart and stirring the spirit within
As the wind and rain gnash upon our emotions
We are left standing in the muck and the mire of our own makings
Wallering in the waves of our iniquity ,instead of facing them head on with remorse
As sorrow and pains within us begin to swell
The storm rages and the sea passes its boundaries of our soul
Hope slowly fades without a rescue
but in remembering that hope, we remember GOD
Our spirit crying out abba father
We then call upon the father of heaven
Then Jesus with all the host of heaven steps into our darkness
Fighting the demons of our ways
with just his word as a sword against the enemy
And soon there is peace upon the land of our soul and our heart and our mind
Victory prevails as the son of heaven rises from within us with healing in his wings
And when the storm is over and the waves return unto the sea with calm serenity
I am left in awe of the mercy of his forgiveness and the strength of his almighty love for mankind.
Copyright 2002

Anyone may copy it and keep it or pass it around or delete it if they want to ..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
OK I did not write this ..but it pretty much covers it ...
RAPTURE OF THE BRIDE

There are many different opinions regarding biblical eschatology (end-time events). This page deals with the "rapture"; a supernatural taking-up of Christians to be with the Lord before His wrath is poured out.

This page is to offer some information that may support a rapture before the tribulation period. As we all know, God uses symbolism very often in scripture to convey a spiritual meaning. We also know that God calls the church "The Bride" or "Bride of Christ" (Ephesians 5:22-33, 2 Corinthians 11:2-3, Jeremiah 2:1, Hosea 2:16). It is in this context that we look at the Jewish wedding customs of that day and analyze any likenesses with the church bride.

...In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself, that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:1-3)

ANALOGY OF THE JEWISH WEDDING CUSTOM

The first major step in a Jewish marriage was Betrothal. This established the marriage covenant.

Jesus established an eternal covenant through His blood. His Holy Spirit is the "ring" (if you will) - sealing the bride with a guarantee that He will return for her. (Hebrews 13:20, Luke 22:20, *Ephesians 1:13)

The Jewish bridegroom took the initiative in marriage by leaving his father's house and traveling to the home of the prospective bride.

So Jesus left His Father's house in heaven and traveled to the earth; the home of His prospective Church (bride) [John 6:32-33;51]. Jesus came to earth to obtain the church (bride) through the establishment of a covenant.

On the same night Jesus made His promise in John 14, He instituted communion. In this communion, he passed the cup of wine to the disciples saying: "This cup is the new covenant in My blood." (1 Corinthians 1:25)

At the home of the prospective bride, the Jewish bridegroom would negotiate with her father to determine the price (mohar) that he must pay to purchase his bride.

Jesus paid a price to purchase the church (bride). The price He paid was His life blood. (Acts 20:28, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

Once the bridegroom paid the purchase price, the marriage covenant was established, and the young man and woman were regarded as husband and wife. From that moment on, the bride was declared to be consecrated or sanctified; set apart exclusively for her bridegroom.

So the church is said to be sanctified and set apart exclusively for Christ. (Ephesians 5:25-27, 1 Corinthians1:2; 6:11, Hebrews 10:10;13:12)

As a symbol of the covenant relationship, the groom and bride would drink from a cup of wine over which a betrothal benediction had been pronounced.

The cup of communion serves as the symbol of the covenant through which Christ has obtained the church (bride). (1 Corinthians11:25)

After the marriage covenant was established, the groom would leave the bride's home and return to his father's house. There he would remain separate from his bride for a period of 12 months.

Just as the Jewish groom left the home of his bride and returned to his father's house, so Jesus left the earth, the home of the church (bride) and returned to His Father's house in heaven after He'd established the new covenant and risen from the dead. The church is currently living in this this period of separation awaiting Christ's return. (John 6:62; 20:17)

During this period of separation between the Jewish bride and groom, the bride would use this time to gather her trousseau and prepare for her married life. The groom occupied himself with the preparation of living accommodations in his father's house where he would bring his bride.

Parallel to the custom of the Jewish groom preparing living accommodations for his bride in his father's house, Christ as been preparing living accommodations for the church in His Father's house in heaven. (John 14:2)

At the end of the period of separation, the groom would come to take his bride to live with him. The taking of the bride usually took place at night.

So Christ will come to take the church (bride) to live with Him at the end of the separation period. (John 14:3)

The groom, best man and other male escorts would leave the Jewish groom's father's house and conduct a torch light procession to the home of the bride.

Just as the taking of the Jewish bride was accomplished by a procession of the groom and male escorts from the father's house to the bride's house, so the taking of the church (bride) will be accomplished by a procession of Christ and an angelic escort from heaven to the home of the church. (1 Thessalonians 4:16)

Although the Jewish bride was expecting her groom to come for her, she did not know the exact time of his coming.

So the church (bride) does not know the exact time of Christ's coming for her. (Matthew 25:1-13, Revelation 3:2-3;11)

As a result of the bride not knowing the exact time the groom would come for her, the groom's arrival would be preceded by a shout. This shout would forewarn the bride to be prepared for the coming of the groom.

So Christ's arrival will be preceded by a shout. (1 Thessalonians 4:16)

After the Jewish groom received his bride together with her female attendants, the enlarged wedding party would return from the bride's home to the groom's father's house.

Similarly, the church (bride) will return with Christ to His Father's house in heaven after she is taken from the earth to meet Him. (1 Thessalonians 4:17, John 14:2-3)

Upon arrival there, the wedding party would find that the wedding guests had assembled already.

In the same manner, Christ and the church (bride) will find the soul of Old Testament saints assembled in heaven when they arrive. These souls serve as the wedding guests.

Shortly after arrival, the bride (remaining veiled) and groom would be escorted by the other members of the wedding party to the bridal chamber (huppah)

While the groomsmen and bridesmaids would wait outside, the bride and groom would enter the bridal chamber alone. There in the privacy of that place they would enter into physical union for the first time ~ consummating the marriage that was covenanted earlier.

THE REST IN NEXT POST DOWN

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Parallel to the custom of the Jewish groom and bride entering into physical union after their arrival and thereby consummating the marriage that was covenanted earlier, Christ and the church (bride) will experience spiritual union after their arrival in heaven; thereby consummating their relationship covenanted earlier.

After the marriage was consummated, the groom would announce the consummation to the other members of the wedding party waiting outside the chamber. These people would in turn pass this news on to the wedding guests. Upon hearing this good news, the wedding guests would begin the feast and make merry for the next 7 days.

During those 7 days of the wedding festivities (sometimes called "the 7 days of huppah"), the bride remained hidden in the bridal chamber.

In correspondence with the Jewish bride remaining hidden in the bridal chamber for 7 days after arrival at the groom's father's house, the church (bride) will remain hidden for a period of 7 years after arrival in heaven.

While the 7 year tribulation period is taking place on earth, the church will be hidden from the sight of those living on the earth.

At the conclusion of the 7 days, the groom would bring his bride out of the bridal chamber, now with her veil removed, so that all could see who his bride was.

So Christ will bring the Church (Bride) out of heaven in His second coming at the conclusion of the 7-year tribulation period in full view of all who are alive, so that all can see who the true Church (Bride) is. (Colossians 3:4, Jude 14)

Here is the link where I got it ..
www.his-forever.com...

This is what really convinced me once and for all ....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by crawgator406

One can only wonder what this planet would of been like were there no religions at all. Christians, Jews, Muslims are all the same....they have all killed, are killing, or will kill simply b/c of there religion.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by baffledon911
reply to post by crawgator406

One can only wonder what this planet would of been like were there no religions at all. Christians, Jews, Muslims are all the same....they have all killed, are killing, or will kill simply b/c of there religion.

Hi ...I see your new here ....welcome ..

I agree that all of the religions have done that even the supposed peacefill Hindus and Buddhists even the supposed peaceful earth peoples (greenpeace tree huggers etc )........but in my humble opinion these were the WOLVES who were in sheeps clothing who have done and do those things ...every sect and every tribes of peoples even has their wolves in sheeps clothing .................
That is a fact and I dont see how that will ever end ..(until the end that we speak of ) ......they are the exact reasons why to me this world will never have a real peace ...and no utopia can ever come from man making it happen ...because those WOLVES will never change their clothes ..in my opinion they are already completely turned over to the devil and lost and many of them will be the ones who will end up getting the worst of the wrath of God .........and they still would not repent even then ..
Rev 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
Rev 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
Rev 16:11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DarksDeception

You can see videos and NASA pictures of nibiru on this site. Specifically why NASA put a new telescope at the south pole,to observe it. The elites know about it and are making their own plans while we remain in the dark.

It is supposed to pass between us and our moon in 2012 and it is a red object which would make the moon look blood red.The falling of the stars is when we are pushed off our axis and sent into a spin.

I too was a skeptic at first ,but am convinced the sources are reliable.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That sounds very interesting ...could you point the way on where I might read that stuff here ..what section (There are so many ) ....

Thanks for the info ...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Go to "search"(at top);enter planet x or nibiru.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join