It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DonoJ
I have just spent 16 hours reading this thread and have found it very interesting. Is anyone taking anything on here any further or is this all done now?

Unfortunately all we can really do is wait as further information comes in or if someone in the local area can do some more digging. Like one poster earlier said there are many paths of information leading all over the place.

Personally I keep this thread marked in case something new comes up.

Unfortunately my German isn't good enough to really dig on this but I do what I can.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Cheers for the response. I am in the UK but seriously considering a visit in the near future to see what can be found. Will try do some more research on the german sites and see how far I can get with translation software, will also get my climbing kit out to allow for a closer look see

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is probably one of the most interesting threads I have ever read anywhere on the net. Thank you Sky for the great information and for spending the time to do all that research. Keep em coming!

peace

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
there is a new event on this mystery mountain.
i habe written it on my board in german. please try to translate!

Wie im nachfolgenden online-Artikel des Reichenhaller Tagblatts heute zu lesen ist:
"Der markante Bergriese hatte sein Gesicht verändert."

Erneut hat eine Naturkraft ("Naturgewalt" ist so negativ beladen) eine Spur hinterlassen. Zuletzt passierte das vor fast genau 2 Jahren am 19.01.07. Die Kyrill-Spuren werden heute noch durch den Forst beseitigt und werden wohl noch über Jahre/Jahrzehnte bestand haben.
Kyrill hinterließ insbesondere an der für die Großzahl der Untersbergbeobachter von Norden her kommend eine Schneise, die von der Mittagsscharte schräg hinunter bis nach Großgmain und damit zur Waldandacht zieht (zielt). Ich nenne sie seitdem die "Kyrill-Linie", weil sie exakt den realen Ereignisorten von Zeitveränderungen bei verschiedenen Personen entspricht. Die Naturgeister weisen uns auf seine Besonderheiten hin - sie erschliessen uns die Mythen.

Und nun dies:

Quelle: Webcam von Anger
links von der Kirche im Hintergrund beginnt der Gebirgsstock des Untersbergs und da sind jene Lawinenschneisen im Wald deutlich zu erkennen.
Mir fiel es zwar gestern, als nach tagelangem Schneefall und Nebel der Untersberg wieder seine Hülle freigab, schon kurz auf, aber ich habe noch nicht bewußt an Lawine gedacht und auch nicht, nachzusehen, wohin jenen beiden Lawinenkegel zielen. Es könnte sein, dass ein Ausläufer Richtung Waldandacht und der zweite Richtung Hochburghöhe zielt.
Und damit auf 2 wichtige Daten hinweist:
21.12. - aktives Sonnenauge an der Hochburghöhe und Wendepunkt des Sonnenphänomens
25.11. - historische Christgeburtsfeier in der Waldandacht

Ich bin sehr gespannt und informiere euch weiter.

2009 wurde bekanntlich auch das Jahr der Freigabe der Botschaft vom Berg des Lichts (siehe www.untersberg.org)

text in the local newspaper:

Am Untersberg gingen große Lawinen ab - Schaden noch nicht abzuschätzen
Breite Schneisen in den Bergwald gerissen
26. Februar 2009 -
Bis zu 50 Meter breit ist die Schneise (Bildmitte zwischen Kirche und Schloss Marzoll), die von der Lawine am Montagmorgen in den Bergwald am Nordhang des Untersbergs in der Gemeinde Großgmain gerissen wurde. Die zweite Lawine ging rund 200 Meter rechts davon ab. Sie hinterließ eine etwa 30 Meter breite Schneise, die sich in Richtung rechter Bildrand schräg nach unten zieht. Foto: AuerGrossgmain (ap) - Als sich am Dienstag die Nebel langsam lichteten und den Untersberg nach tagelangen Schneefällen wieder freigaben, war es deutlich zu sehen. Der markante Bergriese hatte sein Gesicht verändert. Zwei große Lawinen hatten am Montag am frühen Morgen sowie am Dienstag auf der Nordseite zwischen Latschenwirt und Bruchhäusl in den Bergwald breite Schneisen gerissen.
Quelle: www.bgl-medien.de... vom 26.02.09

[edit on 27-2-2009 by white eagle]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by white eagle

I cant translate it word for word.. but i hope you understand it

""The big mountain changed his face.

At the 26.Feb. 2009-

2 big avalanches came down between Monday morning and Thursday.

The first avalanche put a 50 meter big hole (? i am not shure what "Schneise" means in english? what a avalanche left at the mountain, after she is gone down..?) at the north side in the forest of the mountain near the city Großgmain.
The second avalanche came 200 meter right from there down. She left a 30 meter big "Schneise(?)" hole. ..photo from AuerGrossgmain
After long snowfalls you could see it at Thursday. The big Mountain changed his face again.
Quelle: www.bgl-medien.de... vom 26.02.09"""

something like this
i tried to hold it short, but i hope i could help you

Friendly

Nia Wind

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Any recent visitors to the place? I havent visited the place but I have visited the Alps and found other weird stuff.

About 100 miles west of Untersberg is a mountain called "Wendelstein". I spent an entire day walking around there. It would seem Im somehow "attracted to mystery" because the following happened:

I put a coin into one of those telescopes that allows for a better view of stuff. And "coincidentally" the telescope just happened to fall upon a Door built into a mountain...a door that is not accesable by foot or by any tourist pathways but could obviously only be reached by experienced climbers or helicopters. The gray door was not labeled with anything. I did try to take a picture with it with my cell phone but could not even locate it with my bare eyes. Photographing it through the telescope does not work.

I remain mystified.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

oh yes..still visiting (was my home-town soo..

Did you like the alps? hope so

Maybe it was a door to a source? there are many up there in the mountains.
Remember, we have the clearest water of the world (therefore i found out that Austria sells Water to USA , crazy or?)

Nia

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NW111

You mean a door to a Spring?

Maybe. But I thought those might at least be accessible by normal means.

Yes...I love the ocean and the mountains.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

yes, a door to a spring.
oftly the source is in the inner of a mountain and there are tunnels to them.
You might thought sometimes: How anybody can come up here and build a door???

cant you explain that door you saw?

Nia

*oh yes.. mountains are frozen waves

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NW111
yes, a door to a spring.
often the source is in the inner of a mountain and there are tunnels to them.
You might thought sometimes: How anybody can come up here and build a door???

Well thank you...that sounds like a good explanation.

cant you describe that door you saw? Nia

Just some huge iron door built into the side of a mountain.

*oh yes.. mountains are frozen waves

Thats fantastic. Love that image.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Any recent visitors to the place? I havent visited the place but I have visited the Alps and found other weird stuff.

About 100 miles west of Untersberg is a mountain called "Wendelstein". I spent an entire day walking around there. It would seem Im somehow "attracted to mystery" because the following happened:

I put a coin into one of those telescopes that allows for a better view of stuff. And "coincidentally" the telescope just happened to fall upon a Door built into a mountain...a door that is not accesable by foot or by any tourist pathways but could obviously only be reached by experienced climbers or helicopters. The gray door was not labeled with anything. I did try to take a picture with it with my cell phone but could not even locate it with my bare eyes. Photographing it through the telescope does not work.

I remain mystified.

Was this door in the Wendelstein mountain? Or another? Was it like a small roomdoor like 2 by 1 , or something different? if so, can you make drawig?
I guess you are not the first one to observe it. I need some more info to find it on google.

txx

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Well...this one was not in the Wendelstein mountain but somewhere off into the south of it. Basically a huge Iron door...probably twice as tall as a human and three times as wide.

Incidentally there is also a door in the Wendelstein Mountain which you can see with bare eyes...but only if you lean far over the uppermost railing. That door is a little bit of a mystery too because there is no way tourists can access it. But its less of a mystery because at least there is a path to it.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Lunica

Well...this one was not in the Wendelstein mountain but somewhere off into the south of it. Basically a huge Iron door...probably twice as tall as a human and three times as wide.

Incidentally there is also a door in the Wendelstein Mountain which you can see with bare eyes...but only if you lean far over the uppermost railing. That door is a little bit of a mystery too because there is no way tourists can access it. But its less of a mystery because at least there is a path to it.

ok, then I think its impossible to find

But maybe it has something to do with an electric '"schwischenstation" or something for a "zeilbahn"?

edit: I see it allready was answered

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Lunica]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

yes, it does not have to be a mystery. It can be for a "seilbahn" (skilift) or for water-springs or anything else.

But it still may be a mystery because it was at a place that is inaccessible to any normal human. No path, no fence, no obvious purpose...just a door flat in the middle of a steep mountain.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hey guys

This thread is over 1 mountain, but i found an interesting article today: (sorry is in german, but i translate it a little bit). I put it in here, cause guess its ok

weltderwunder.de.msn.com...

The article is simple:
Are there vulcans in Europe?
In this article the scientists tell about Vulcans in Bayern.

""Forscher, die die Entstehung und den Ausbruch eines Vulkans in Bayern für möglich halten, sprechen von "geologischen" Zeiträumen.""

Bayern is the country at the south and west side of Untersberg.
Right now they are all scared about, cause the activity of the vulcans in europe is higher as a long time ago. They are all scared right now cause if the activity of the vulcans get higher, full europe is near a catastrophe.

btw

Nia

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NW111

Wouldnt that be "volcanos"? Because Vulcans is sort of a whole different thing and I doubt they are running around in Bavaria

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

The German word for Volcanoes is indeed "Vulkan".

Anyway NW111: Thanks for the info.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

lol oh..

excuse my bad english-german translation

of course: vulcanos

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There are several very old, extinct volcanoes in Portugal, just north of Lisbon, but I think there is no danger of they becoming active once more, this region has not much geological activity.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Hello to all. Thanks Sky for this alluring thread. I have joined ATS as a result of how it has fascinated my interest reading this thread for the last couple of days. Having just returned from guiding a group tour to Bavaria earlier this month, including visiting the top of the Untersberg, I find the topics covered here of of great motivation to return and further explore the mysteries I senesed while atop the Untersburg. I originally dismissed the strangeness I felt to be due to the thin air at that elevation, as I normally dwell nearer to sea level.

On most visits to interesting places such as this place, I usually take a small stone to bring home as a gift for my son; taking pictures of the view from where it came, and absorbing the moment to further relate these senses back to my family upon return home.

This was my first time on the Untersburg, and really wasn't sure we were going to be able to fit it into the schedule prior to bringing the group. That said, I did not prepare myself by reading much more about the location other than the significance of its water supply for Salzburg and the surrounding area. Also read a bit about Hitler's residence and the Eagle's nest, but not much. I am usually more focused on the artistic contributions of the people and places I take groups to visit. So most of my preparations during the visit back in October of last year were geared to this end.

Anyway, as I collect the images that were taken during the trip, my own as well as the three photographers that were part of the group, I will pass on any relevant info. Specifically a couple of separate episodes involving the crows on the Untersberg.

Look forward to more interesting posts here and hope that what I have is worthy of contribution.

Always searching...

PS

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join