It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN/MSNBC confirms Sen. Barack Obama has chosen Joe Biden to be his VP

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm sure everybody will throw the kitchen sink at him.
I'm also sure that no one expected to a smooth ride for any candidate trying to be president let alone to be the first African American president.

Most attacks are politically motivated some have been racial but it's hard to decipher which is which. That's why I think McCain's best choice is Powell.

I'm not saying it's right, but I think that McCain/Powell would make a pretty powerful ticket for the GOP.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
What about Obama being realated to Shrub Jr. and the Chained Dick?

What about it? I am related to people with whom I disagree strongly. What does being distantly related have to do with anything?

And yes, Barack and Jo both had slip ups. They aren't robots.

ya never know what might happen.

You got that right!

Also, another reason why I believe Obama will become the next president is because of his NWO speech from April.

-Jimmy

I'm sure he didn't call it "The NWO speech", so which one is that?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Oh, hon, remember when we debated the new bankruptcy bill a few years back and how it protected big credit cards companies/

Well our Biden senator of Delaware was opposing the bill until it was reviewed but then he fell to the dark side and said no to the amendments to the bill because he was getting money from the credit card giant MBNA (which is headquartered in his home state) so he is big butt kisser to the credit card industry.

Something that during the debate about the bankruptcy bill many in ATS were looking at those lobbying for the bill as evil along with those that were bought to pass the bill.

Mr. Biden is one of them.

As usual Dg nothing but deceptions, while we knew bush ties to the oil industry along with his haliburton vice president and all the favors given to both oil giants and haliburton, now we can pretty much see how the favors will be heading this time if Obama wins the election.

Like we need big lobbyist from credit card business dictating laws in congress for the next 4 years.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Obama/Biden are an unstoppable, unholy alliance!!! Say goodbye to The White House, GOP!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

THis talks about the speech:

THis is not the speech, but it's pretty close to what he said in april:

Wording is everything in these campains, if you know what to look for.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Perhaps you should be aware of what was broadcast over the News world-wide back in 1974:

www.asu.edu...

Now, Joe Biden is a poor choice from a time a while back in this Nation's History. Being Catholic, I will just have to assume that perhaps all of us should be asking:

Ancient Mama, why Joe Biden?

Joe Biden is set in his ways, and I am sure that looking good is just an image, and having any real thought processes going on behind the scenes in his brain may not even exist.

He did run as a political candidate - I guess the vote has been already in in a sense.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Obama/ Biden....The perfect ticket for all of you folks who are ready to give up your 2nd ammendment rights. Once they disarm America it will make it a lot easier to get rid of other parts of the "Bill of Rights" that they consider a nuisance. Go ahead and vote them in and you will get what you deserve. I can't believe people are so blind. Line up for the slaughter sheep.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Your right,McCain/Powel would be unbeatable.Powel is a man with integraty/honor,I doubt there would be any raciel inuendoes with Powel,he is a comleatly different person then Obama.The only problem is when they talked about running him agenst Bush in 04 his wife mad short order of that.I cant quote her but it had something to do with he was not going to put himself (life) on the line for the office of pesident.
Joe Biden is arogent self centered fool that does not know when to shut up and I think he will overshadow Obama every chance he gets.I really doubt the Obama camp will be able to convince Biden he is only #2,at any rate it will be fun to watch.
This will get your hackels up SD,Biden has already been given the nickname Orgen Grinder.This kind of crap will never go away I think.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by duster

Enough with this hysterical response about your guns. Nobody's coming for your guns.
Our constitution has never taken more hits than it has in the last eight years. The economy, the wars, and about a 100 other issues for the next administration to deal with. The Glock under your pillow is the last thing they care about.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by duster

Enough with this hysterical response about your guns. Nobody's coming for your guns.
Our constitution has never taken more hits than it has in the last eight years. The economy, the wars, and about a 100 other issues for the next administration to deal with. The Glock under your pillow is the last thing they care about.

No hysterics , just the facts. Check Bidens voting record regarding 2-A issues. This is the most anti second ammendment ticket I have ever seen and I am in my sixties.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by duster

Perhaps, but gun control is nowhere near the top of their agenda. It's like a lot of pro-choice supporters were speculating that eight years of Bush would reverse Row v. Wade and it never happened. If anything the opposite is happening. As if it wasn't hard enough to protect my family living in DC, now I got to worry about my idiot neighbor who just bought a damn gun. He's never even been to a firing range or held a gun and I have to share a freakin wall with him.

[edit on 8/23/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Shame on him for not knowing what he is doing. But in large part you can blame your local politic ans for his lack of familiarity with guns. They made it damn near impossible to own a gun let alone practice with one. It seems like the only ones in DC without guns were the good guys.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well, I was confident that Obama would choose a DNC machine pol as running mate. The DNC strong armed Obama into the nom, and so he has no choice but to choose a DNC centrist like Biden.

This is a horrible choice for Obama. Absolutely nothing about Biden will attract working class whites that Obama needs more than any other group to win. Biden's anti-gun stance is the biggest negative Obama could have chosen. Biden will bring out the conservatives to vote for McCain, more than most candidates thay he could have chosen.

My feeling is that McCain should choose Tom Ridge. Ridge will be the exact candidate to counter the Obama Biden ticket. Ridge would deliver Pennsylvania, and have a huge pull in Michigan and Ohio.

By the way, the doo on Biden looks phony.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Damn I did not know Biden was all apprehensive when it came to guns. Well, if I register to vote, my vote maybe going towards McCain now.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I see people getting all bent about 2nd Amendment rights. The Executive can only do so much. This is from an article in GQ that I read last month, old issue:

Jimmy Carter on abortion:

If the problem with fundamentalists is that they impose their rules on others, you might also ask yourself, What rules do I impose? For example, you opposed federal funding of abortion.

I did everything I possibly could to minimize abortion and to discourage abortion while still complying with the law as ordained by the Supreme Court.

But it seems like this is one of those areas where it’s difficult to draw the line. You believe you know the will of God.

If I were a purist in my faith, I couldn’t hold public office and preside over a nation that honored abortion. But when I went into politics and I ran for office, I was willing as a state senator and as a governor and as a president to take an oath before God that I would uphold the laws of the districts that I served. There were times when I was able to change the laws. But until they were changed, I had to comply with them. So when people have asked me about this, I always tell them that this was the most difficult issue I had to face, because I was inherently against abortion, but I was required to impose the law.

men.style.com...

And if a president tried to go against the Constitution there are the 2 other bodies that would intervene. Don't be worrying about your guns, they aren't going anywhere.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Not to mention, was there not a Supreme Court hearing of late about gun laws and our second amendment rights to individuals?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just curious what happened to Obama saying his campaign was not going to be business as usually...?

What happened to his comments "not the same old players"...?

Obama is nothing more than a lying hypocrite politician. Biden is nothing but Washington polotics as usual...

what an Ass and an Obamination... my vote to McCain, if you dont like it piss off as the Brits would say... I am an American/Iranian who served in the US.Marines and have a degree from Stanford...

I really hope Biden has the balls to deal with that angry Black Panther wife of Obama...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So what you are saying is that you would prefer more of the same as opposed to anything else. With a little insult thrown in, "my vote to McCain, if you dont like it piss off as the Brits would say..."

:shk:

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper
what an Ass and an Obamination... my vote to McCain,

Yes, it seems quite obvious that Biden tipped the scales of your decision making.

Undecided no more are we?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I served my country (did you?)...I know how the middle east works(I am Iranian)...I have lived and traveled abroad(Europe, Bosnia, Turkey..etc..., Latin America)...what we have today is far better than anywhere else on the planet...YES I do not want things to change, I do not want to pay for universal health care, I do not want tax increases to help the lazy... my family was poor when they came here, I started off living in a trailer. I worked hard, joined the Marines and put myself through Stanford with the money the military gave me.

I do not want to pay for lazy welfare cases just because I make over 250k a year...and I sure as hell do not want my capital gains tax to increase on the stocks I own when I decide to sell them...

Capitalism is a great thing compared to the alternative...

You want to pay all those taxes Oblama proposes, go ahead...I guarantee that most of you morons will find anyway you can not to not pay as much taxes and hide money...everyone is a hypocrite...I for one only care about my families wellbeing and myself...

Sorry, can you tell I am in a bad mood today...
rough day, I tweaked my shoulder at the gym...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join