It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN/MSNBC confirms Sen. Barack Obama has chosen Joe Biden to be his VP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

What........

Tomorrow America will wake up to this and be saying Joe Who? This was DUMB move IMHO. The guy will say the wrong thing and loose Obama millions of votes. He should have picked a woman or Bill Richardson. This has to be a conspiracy, I swear the GOP is running the DNC..I will bet you two things. One Hillary backs McCain, and 2 McCain picks a female running mate.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

You could not be more wrong on all three counts.
1. Joe Biden is one of the most recognized senators.
2. McCain will NOT pick a woman
3. Hillary will NEVER back McCain.

Thankfully we don't have to wait long to find out.

[edit on 8/23/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Its quite funny since I live in Delaware. Nothing ever happens here. In my mind I say "this news is cool", but then I remember our governmental system is corrupt.

I actually helped out Biden with his campaign back about 5 years ago for a high school project. Actually drove around with his son (his oldest I think), handing out fliers. It was fun and have been invited back for dinner and other parties, but this was all before I "pulled the veil from my eyes."

Well, now that he is VP for Obama, he must have paid a visit to MK Ultra and was mircochipped/brainwashed/hypnotized and lost all his humanity. Oh well. Maybe I can run for senator now for my state.

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Most people I've heard from online or talked to about this think that it's a good choice, so I think you're in the minority in thinking it was a bad decision.

Even if they don't know who Biden is they will hear a lot about him and realize that it is a really great choice.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I like Joe Biden a lot, he made a great decision for a running mate.

30+ years in the senate, sharp as a nail, people will respect what he brings to the table.

If the ticket were reversed and Biden was running for the president slot I would probably be inclined to even vote for them.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
just another distraction for the masses. Another head turner from what is about to creep up on us.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
just another distraction for the masses. Another head turner from what is about to creep up on us.

Agreed for distraction.

What is about to creep up on us?

link   
SD;

I agree that those 35 years in Washington will not help with Obamas idea of new politics. I think it would be great if he picked Wes Clark or Jim Webb. It would definately put an end to McCains military advantage.

link   
reply to post by Komodo

I agree, but you have to take the small amount of good when you can get it.

At least they have someone on the ticket who appears to be somewhat competant. That is at least a start.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Isn't a big part of Obama's charm the word most associated with him...change? Even his campaign slogan says...Change we can believe in. Well Joe Biden will just be more of the same old, same old.
What Obama says and what Obama does are two different things. I think he could have done a lot better.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I don't know, Biden was a solid choice. If you were in Obama's shoes, who would you have chosen?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

If I was running on "change" I wouldn't have chosen a career politician who's been in politics for 30+ years. He did the complete opposite of what he's been saying. Joe Biden does not represent change. His words and his actions are contradictory. Who would I have chosen? Not sure. But it wouldn't have been Biden.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Meh.. I was rooting for Biden back in the Primary, this is just GREAT news that he has been tapped to be the VP.

You see, I've watched debates and so forth, and Biden stood out among the Senate to me LONG AGO, as someone who really has it together man. This guy is sharp and he is strictly there to serve the people, thats what i like about him.

Every Bush needs a Cheney, and if Obama is half as unexperienced as some of you make him out to be, then the person with the most honest experience would be his logical choice, which is Biden.

In all of my life, I have never seen a Presidential ticket that is THIS honest ... these guys are real power for the people types.. I only hope it isn't too late, that we haven't mustered up 2 of our best just a bit too late, I hope theres still some time left to change the course.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I like Biden. It's a viable choice. Yet, I do admit feeling saddened that Hillary Clinton won't be in the mix. I was hoping from the start for the dream ticket. I really enjoyed her book "Living Years". I thought that had she had won, that Obama should have been her Vice Pres candidate and visa-versa...alas I guess it's not in the cards.

Interesting that the electoral map now is looking almost identical to 2000 and 2004. If you have already read "Armed Madhouse" by Gregg Palast, we already know that the democrats are several million votes behind due to the caging lists and various other mischievous endeavors by our friendly Gas, Oil, and Petroleum (GOP) peoples....

It's going to get real nasty...hang on, fasten your seat belts, and keep your barf bags handy!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CzErased

i think he is a better choice than Clinton female.

Do you practice being chauvinist or does it come naturally to you?

Can you say *Oink* - Yeah, I knew that you could...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I would have liked to see what people call the *Dream Ticket* also. Obama and Hillary.
Problem is Obama would have been assassinated quicker than slick...
Would really have liked to see what would have happened though with those two.

...can I switch dimensions if I ask real nice... (me)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What's interesting is so many from the "conspiracy" circles, seemed to have thought that Hillary was the "illuminati" candidate...the Bilderberger princes, but now that Obama is the candidate, suddenly he now is the NWO guy. I imagine no matter who the "other" (not GOP) candidate would be, he/she would either be the anti-christ, or NWO no matter what...it's been this way since Nixon resigned. It's like; god can we get past the manufactured perception/smear crap and debate the freakin' issues already!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Obama/Biden '08

I think Biden is a good choice. I liked Joe in the primary debates, because he talked straight and he will be the one that can go after republicans on the Iraq war issue. That is their achilles heal. Joe seemed angry at times and I think that was an image issue for him. Obama and Biden will certainly make an interesting ticket.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
"I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

Joe Biden in a August 2007 Debate talking about Lord Obama.

It's only been a few hours, but I have not heard one mention of the word "Gravitas"

I guess that word is only used with "inexperienced" Republican Candidates?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join