It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN/MSNBC confirms Sen. Barack Obama has chosen Joe Biden to be his VP

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i don't like either a whole lot, but McCain is sufficient for me...

Biden is POLITICS as usually (against what you furor said his campaign was about) Powder puff (what a homo avatar really)... I really wish I could stand in a room with most of you face to face...then you could see the middle eastern hot blooded anger we all have...! Kinda like a latin girl who just caught her boyfriend in bed with another woman... (OUCH)... except without the nails...

arghh just ignore my anger please...today has not been the best day I have had...and most of you guys are COOL, even the liberal ones...!

I will not reply harshly anymore...cia

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper
I served my country (did you?)...

I don't know, you tell me. I work in the largest penal institution in Canada. I'm around the worst of the worst every day. Does that count?

You want to pay all those taxes Oblama proposes, go ahead...I guarantee that most of you morons...

Do you think you could post without the insults? You say you're educated prove it. Post without the attacks.

I for one only care about my families wellbeing and myself...

Blatant self interest, nothing wrong with that. That's what we all want.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

I truly hope that you are not suggesting that being a democrat or supporting Obama is somehow anti-american on unpatriotic.

And whether Obama or McCain win, the one thing that you can be sure of, is that we one way or the other are going to foot the bills of THIS administration.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
marinesniper:

You seemed concerned about tax increases. The war that Bush/McCain lied us into will have long term costs estimated at $2 Trillion. Who do you think is going to pay for that? Bush/McCain borrowed $1B from China just to give a tax break to the top 1%. Brilliant. Who do you think is going to pay for that? PS, Thank you for your service.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Guys I can dream a little can I not...my dream is for McCain to be a man of his word and not raise taxes or more importantly for me Capitol Gains...

Canadian:

What the heck does education have to do with insults...? I said I am educated, I never said I was a nice guy or could control my temper...your comment makes not sense but to insult me back...I know correctional officers need at least a 2 year if I am not mistaken right...? (in the US anyway)

And for the record I would rather serve in Iraq than be a correctional officer because you guys have a tough job. I would rather bullet flying at me then feces and unknown liquids...be safe for yourself and family...!

Powder:

No my brother is a Dem and he is patriotic, I never said that at all...please no spin...

Look through history, there have always been rich and poor, always have had wars, at the end of the day all conflicts get resolved with a kick in the face and not diplomacy...believe me my Iranian side loves 3 things, sex, fighting and money...in my opinion the weak and meager will never take over or control this world...only the strong/tough and street smart will...

Utopias will not exist in our life time people, this is not StarTrek Next Generation...and I am not a klingon...that I know of...

I say this because the promise of Obama uniting people and changing the world is a pipe dream...he is nothing more than another polotician taking advantage of a situation...

SEE NO INSULTS...I guass I be lerned now...?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I truly hope that you are not suggesting that being a democrat or supporting Obama is somehow anti-american on unpatriotic.

If so maybe he/she needs to watch The Divided State Video in the premium video section.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Thanks...BTW-cool avatar bro...!

I know a couple things, McCain may hit my tax bracket up for the majority of the taxes paid (if he lies), which I of the percentage that pays now anyway...but if Obama adds Universal healthcare to this and Alah knows what else I would be extremely un-happy because is would make anything McCain proposed look insignificant.

Is it really fair that my class is burdened with paying for health care and social services for the rest of the lazy slobs that showed no initiative...? I was born with a wood spoon in my mouth not an silver one, and I am not a genius nor have the ability to even apply to mensa...(they would laugh me out the door)...

I did like Bill Clinton though, the man hold a special place in my heart...we both love WOMAN...!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

DUDE did you even read what I wrote, try reading my reply before posting your crap... patriotism has nothing to do with Dem and Rep...but those who are able to serve I feel are more patriotic than the rest...

we should be exempt from paying taxes because we served...I was in Desert Storm...
maybe if I was exempt I would vote Oblama...NAH probably not...he just seems so fake to me...Hilary (minus healthcare) I could potentially vote for...ooops also without the Capital gains tax hike...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
you fine American's and Canuks have a good evening...I need to sleep...!

cia

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
What interests me is if American voters will go for another VP that has a lot of influence on foreign policy. Just maybe voters will want a president in the mould of Ike . Nixon was very much the junior partner in his role as VP.
If he is elected I would expect Obama to focus on domestic issues thus avoiding doing next to nothing on the home front like the current admin . Biden will do all the punching while Obama maintains his image of wanting bipartisanship.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

1. I used a conditional, hence the

If
in my statement of the following

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

If so maybe he/she needs to watch The Divided State Video in the premium video section.

2. Well. You have to know that I did not see your post because I was in the process of posting mine.

Originally posted by marinesniper

DUDE did you even read what I wrote, try reading my reply before posting your crap...

I always read what other people write very carefully. No recollection of posting a picture of poop on this thread.

patriotism has nothing to do with Dem and Rep...but those who are able to serve I feel are more patriotic than the rest...

Agreed but something seems inherently wrong to say someone is more patriotic than the rest just because they served their country. For example, propaganda provided by the government and government incentives. When someone joins the army specifically because they want free college tuition or maybe because they do not feel as if they can amount to anything else in life. In light of these circumstances, would you consider these people more patriotic? I say no.

People who do join the army because of there own decision to help out the world, I guess they can be considered more patriotic in my book.

BTW: was not targeting anyone in particular on ATS.

Since the thread has been somewhat derailed by post I apologize. I am finished.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
"To devalue your own rhetoric by ignoring it? How can anyone take seriously Obama as a change agent when he places one of the most senior of beltway blowhards within a heart beat of a possible, if albeit increasingly implausible presidency?"

No one sees any issue with this...? His whole presidential run is based on CHANGE...change what...?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

To adhere to his "change" I guess he should have picked Hilary for VP. Good point. I mean come on. Obama probably lost all of Hilary's voters.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

I apologies then if you did not read my earlier reply because you were replying also...when I joined the Marine Corp it was out of love for God and Country, not to mention I could shoot and blow $%# up...come on I was 17 half at the time/

I really paid little attention to the tuition money until my second year when I started attending Junior college... before my overseas deployment...

whats that famous saying "without war there can be no peace"... but when does the peace start...? my estimation NEVER... very sad

My OPINION: Middle eastern govt and people will never respect Obama, he is considered to weak and anti-force...this is seen a weakness in my culture. He will get very little respect from anyone... do you see Russia kissing his arse due to fear...come on. Do you think Russian cars about diplomacy and talking over tea... (well maybe if its laced with radioactive material)...

With McCain you know he will kick arse if necessary and make Russia and the Middle East think twice ...

The worst president ever for the Iranian people has to be Carter, he ruined a great country that had immense freedom compared to now...and unfortunately I see alot of him in Obama...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I mean come on. Obama probably lost all of Hilary's voters.

Have you seen what's going on? Even here at ATS? The battle lines are drawn. Those Hilary voters are going to vote Dem, with a few abstinences.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
All the reporting up until their vp picks is ridiculous it reminds me of going on a road trip with a kid in the backseat saying are we there yet every 15min. And the reporting out in the field reminds me of the paparazzi. That's just what we need the msm becoming more like tabloid news and the paparazzi. What is the news coming to?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

lets just say that we will have to see how Hilary and Bill act during the convention and whether or not they support or try to ruin (indirectly) Obama's chance for presidency...you know she is pissed and wants another run at the oval office in 2012...

lets pick up the Hilary supporters descussion after the convention, rallies, demonstrations, arrests, pot smoking etc...

BTW- wolverine is my favorite X-Men...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I mean come on. Obama probably lost all of Hilary's voters.

Have you seen what's going on? Even here at ATS? The battle lines are drawn. Those Hilary voters are going to vote Dem, with a few abstinences.

Well I did say PROBABLY but I guess this time I am hooked. Your right. I assumed so because I heard she was a little mad because of Obama's VP pick. Guess I heard wrong? So democrats stick together no matter what huh?

I just thought by Obama picking Biden instead of Hilary for VP, her voters would retaliate by voting for McCain. Oh well. Cya

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Here are Biden's own words...

"The only guy on the other side who's qualified (to be President) is John McCain." "I've been calling for more troops for over two years, along with John McCain..." In recent years when Biden wasn't praising McCain he was dissing Obama as an inexperienced, superficial show horse, serving up bumper snickers like "Empty slogans will be no match for proven action..."

What a prick he is....ummm no wait he's a two faced polotician...!
'

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by capgrup

I believe that this is going to be picked on:

In picking Sen. Joe Biden to be his running mate, Barack Obama sought to shore up his weakness — inexperience in office and on foreign policy — rather than underscore his strength as a new-generation candidate defying political conventions.
He picked a 35-year veteran of the Senate — the ultimate insider — rather than a candidate from outside Washington . . .

AP

Well here's the deal - - frankly, if you want to pass legislation in Washington you have to know where the bodies are buried - and also needed is the clout, the experience and the longevity and Biden has all three..he is one the of strongest running mates since Lyndon Johnson who had all of the afore mentioned qualities - and he passed all the legislation that Kennedy failed to get through because even tho popular with the American people Kennedy did not have the pull or power base in Washington to "get it done".

Now whether this means that this team will give us more of the same or something of substance is still anyone's guess..but it was damn smart move on the part of the Obama campaign.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by realshanti]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join