It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS member sightings... PODCAST?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
We have shared alot of sightings here but something gets lost in text form and I haven't done a good podcast in a while so while thinking about what would be fun to do for a new podcast I thought why not gather all willing members who have had a UFO sighting or two.. or three and let us all share those in audio form. This will probably have to be done in more than one podcast if people are not TOO SHY! Because I know we have alot of people who have had sightings.

So here is the idea.. we set up dates for doing some group sessions on some sort of voice chat program that we can then turn into a podcast.

We could use Skype, Ventrillo or Teamspeak .. however the latter two require a server which I could probably host if we decide to go that route..
We could actually use all of them over the production of this project.

What are your thoughts or suggestions.. who is willing to share their sighting?

[edit on 22-8-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Waiting for an anonymous post to appear is like waiting for a pot of water to boil while you are watching it.. just never gonna happen.

So to Anonymous as yet unforseen post... I don't see a problem with anonymous members participating as I can provide alternate ways of communication to get the podcast info if necessary.

I just don't want to post server info here because we are going to keep the podcast open only to those sharing personal experiences. At least during the recording

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Hi NephraTari,

No worries about needing a server to host these on, The ATS Podcast forum (the Aliens/UFO channel specifically) will easily host all the podcasts and will ensure they get out to all the major aggregaters (I-Tunes, etc...) out there guaranteeing you the widest possible distribution and maybe even more podcasters who have seen something participating.

I really like this idea.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I haven't had any sightings myself, but I'd be interested in hearing ATS member's sightings. I imagine a lot of people on ATS have had some.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

awesome .. count me in! Great idea! Since I'm not podcast savvy, can the podcast get saved so people can refer back to it at a later time? The only thing I see as being a down fall on this idea is how will you screen people to get genuine testimony?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
sweet that is just what i wanted, take time to make more epic journeys into the unknown just bring back a couple of practical side holsters. I saw a fish.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
sounds ideal..

Im in scotland, but happy to take part to discuss my three sightings.

Best bet would be to make it a saturday or sunday to cover different timezones. Get me up too early and your either going to be dealing with a drunks scotsman or a grumpy scotsman

I can also supply a ventrilo server hosted from a server house if required.

Let me know the date and ill see what i can do to help.

Troy.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
excellent! when do we start?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

awesome .. count me in! Great idea! Since I'm not podcast savvy, can the podcast get saved so people can refer back to it at a later time? The only thing I see as being a down fall on this idea is how will you screen people to get genuine testimony?
Like anything it will come down to your own judgement and interpretation unless they have undeniable evidence to back it up. The final podcasts will be hosted here on ATS as Springer said. I will submit them to the member podcast network here and they will be accessable for quick reference via links in the member podcast forum.

I know many of us have had sightings it will be very exciting hear people recount them in their own words and not just written form.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
OK so I have been thinking about this and there is no reason we have to get everyone in one podcast. As a matter of fact because I would like to see people really talk about how the experience affected them and get their thoughts on various things I think this should be just the first in a series of discussions with members and their personal experiences.

Starting with UFO sighting but I think later I will do some on paranormal experiences as well.

I am still getting over a cold and sound like crud but I wouldn't mind giving the first set of interviews with members this weekend. I have a vent server we use for gaming but can set up a passworded channel just for ATS Round Table Discussion use.

Ya that's it official name now.

Will change the ATS channel password weekly so each weeks guests feel secure in knowing no one else will have access to the discussion during the recording of the interviews.

So is anyone available for a discussion this weekend? First ever installment of this?

Come on you brave people.. give me some volunteers and share some of your experiences!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

how does this weekend sound?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Hi NephraTari,

No worries about needing a server to host these on, The ATS Podcast forum (the Aliens/UFO channel specifically) will easily host all the podcasts and will ensure they get out to all the major aggregaters (I-Tunes, etc...) out there guaranteeing you the widest possible distribution and maybe even more podcasters who have seen something participating.

I really like this idea.

Springer...

Thank You springer.
Honestly I do not think i have recorded a podcast that did not end up on ATS
I love our podcast network. It is an awesome tool and I have enjoyed it since it was introduced.
Now if we can just a couple of these bashful peeps to participate for the first cast then maybe it will lead to more.

top topics

join