It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travellers from the future 'could be here in weeks'.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

You are using thousand if not millions of these to post that message:

Thats only 50 years

[edit on 21-8-2008 by sn00daard]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
!won thgir emit ni kcab gnilevart m'I

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I seriously think it has already happened, time travel is used by the same people who keep all the secrets. Military .

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
lol, I'm not even going to get into the time paradox bit, this whole idea is funny, time travel, lol.

But what I'm replying for, is this sentence.

The CERN particle accelerator has already been cooled down to its operating temperature, (270˚ Celsius) and the first ‘protons’ have been inserted!

COOLED down? To 270˚ Celsius?!
Exactly how hot was it naturally, while turned off, before they started COOLING?

Don't they mean HEATED up to?

I get the feeling whoever wrote the article must have been an American, because they clearly don't have a grasp of the metric system yet.

To the American readers still using imperial measurements, they're saying they cooled the thing down to 518˚ Fahrenheit before turning it on.

We're they busy trying to mold lead with it prior to running it?

[edit on 21-8-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Sorry, but paradoxically speaking the time travelers from the future will not be able to visit us in this time, until we are long dead.

If you recall they have not even been born yet.

So we will have to wait for them to visit the us somehow reincarnated on another timeline in the future.

Sad but paradoxically true!

It seems to me like physicists smoke crack.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i want your opinions. say one traveled back in time, on our world line or whatever. he did not 'cross over' to another dimension, he remained in ours. one goes back to before he were born, and kills his father. would he cease to exist? or plainly continue to exist due to the fact that, well, he already existed. would the death of his father exist, since the one who killed him must exist for the event to occur?

and also what is a micro-singularity?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
^ LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I understand that, you cannot go back into time further then the moment when the time machine was created. What I would like to know however, is how exactly do you go back in time? Alternate realities may be more plausible than time travel.

If I drank a cup of coffee...how am I going back to the point just before I drank the coffee? This sort of time travel is only possible if there is some sort of memory, or phenomenal device that holds everything that has ever happened and keeps playing them back at the time it occurred. The act is done...and I do not believe the act is stuck somewhere out there, maybe in another dimension just waiting for someone to back to it and alter it. And if, time was really a loop and everything that has happened, is happening repeatedly, then what exactly is the point of living?

To me, linear time is an illusion and time travel is a fantasy. Once I click "Post Reply", there's no way, anybody is getting the option to go back and change that...for the act is done, and it no longer exists.

The same goes for the future. One may be able to see into the future, suggesting that the future could be mostly mapped out, but, on man's idea of linear time, how can the 27 yr old me come back to warn me of something, if the 27 yr old me does not exist. I'm talking about time here, and not alternate realities. You're constantly going into the future as things change, from then to now. But, how is possible for someone to go to a point that does not exist as yet on a linear timeline on this plane of existence? It's impossible.

Anyone care to enlighten me.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

COOLED down? To 270˚ Celsius?!
Exactly how hot was it naturally, while turned off, before they started COOLING?

Don't they mean HEATED up to?

I get the feeling whoever wrote the article must have been an American, because they clearly don't have a grasp of the metric system yet.

You rrrRREALLY need to read a bit before making asinine comments such as that.

Cooling Complete

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
just curious, i want your opinions. say one travelled to the past, on our 'timeline' or whatever. he goes into the past, beyond his birth and kills his father. would he cease to exist? or would the death of his father require him to exist?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Actually a coded particle from the future matched to a codex existing in both times will be sent back.

This particle is from the future and will indicate a certain action to be taken so as to change that future.

It is Likely it will start out small, like a codexed particle to tell us to bury an object somewhere which will be followed by a confirmation particle if that object is unburied in the future in the location specified in the codex

They have a copy of the book (codex) in the future, it is sort of like using a matching pair of dictionaries to communicate in secret over the telephone.

These are the interesting times.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
You rrrRREALLY need to read a bit before making asinine comments such as that.

And you rrrRREALLY need to realize I was pointing out a written mistake.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't know what will happen once this thing is turned on,but I can asure you one thing, the amount of people claiming to be time travelers here on ATS will reach a new record.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
And you rrrRREALLY need to realize I was pointing out a written mistake.

That could be argued. But I won't. Whatever you say.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
I don't know what will happen once this thing is turned on,but I can asure you one thing, the amount of people claiming to be time travelers here on ATS will reach a new record.

lol. Oh no, just what we need, more John Titors.

By the way, what ever happened with that story? I never believed a thing that was written regarding his tale, but has anyone found the real author? Pointed him out?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Everyone knows it was radio talkshow host Alex Jones.

He was going off of information given to him by Aaron Russo who got his information from a Rockefeller

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You know you are always asked the question: If you could go back in time, what would you change?

Well, how do we know that Hitler lost WWII. Maybe he won.......maybe somebody went back in time and changed all that........

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You can't travel backward until you have a working continuum disruptor like a time/space field generator. Something to make time fold back in on itself. But that device would not allow you to go back further than the time it was originially turned on.

So lets say that tomorrow was the first time you were able to turn on a time warp energy, then tomorrow would be as far back as you could go - forever.

So if you waited for say 50 years and had that time placement stored you could go back only 50 years to the time you first bent time.

Unless you had alien technology and their time capability has been active for over a million years, then you could travel back as far as the technology time mark would allow.

It would be Universal - not limited to Earth in time. All theory

Reality:
What happens if you rip time or impact aparticle at to high a speed to maintain containment? What are the results beyond modern human scientific understanding? What if the cooling temp. is just a degree or two below calculations? What good is the Hawkings theory if you fail in design?
[edit on 22-8-2008 by arizonascott]

[edit on 22-8-2008 by arizonascott]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

The author is Roger Highfield – Science Editor of The Daily Telegraph – UK.
I’m thinking he has a pretty good handle on the metric system.

To the American readers still using imperial measurements, they're saying they cooled the thing down to 518˚ Fahrenheit before turning it on.

And the reason they are cooling down to just that temperature is because:

As such preparations for the formal September 10th start date continue, the entire machine has been successfully cooled to temperatures below minus 270ºC, a fraction of a degree above the lowest achievable temperature.

In this temperature range, helium becomes a liquid, and is used to cool the superconducting magnets which keep the proton beams circulating at almost the speed of light as well as making the LHC the biggest refrigerator on the planet.

johnsky, thank for your contribution to the thread,

H

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well, MegaBears...

The problem is, as stated earlier with the coffee analogy, in order to go back to an earlier point in time, everything would have to be as it was at that point in time... including you.

Back to the coffee analogy. If you go back to the point in time when you poured the coffee, you could drink it again, and have 2 cups of coffee in your stomach, repeat and you have 3, again and you have 4... essentially you're able to have an infinite amount of matter. (Or if you use a battery analogy, an infinite amount of energy.)

We know this isn't the case though. You can't get more out of a system than you put in. Hence, if you were to return to when you poured that coffee, you wouldn't be taking the coffee you just drank back with you again.

In fact, everything about you would have to be returned to the state it was in at your destination time... including your memory.

Which would mean, you'd just do everything exactly as you had before.

Basically, it can be thought of as never having gone back in time at all.

So, if you were alive back when Hitler was around, and you decided to go back to that point to change things... you'd get back there, and carry out your life just as you already did, with no memory of having gone back in time. No recollection that you had to take Hitler out.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
the LHC is due to commence full operation in 2010 so there is a conundrum! has the future already been!

CERN COUNTDOWN TO ACTIVATION....
18 days 4 hrs 32min
public.web.cern.ch...

CERN Large Hadron Collider, Nostradamus & the recent Dark Sky Phenoms!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If The Large Hadron Collider Produced A Microscopic Black Hole, It Probably Wouldn't Matter

The Large Hadron Collider - does it pose a threat?

Group Protests Treament of Hadrons at CERN

ALICE Portal - CERN, Switzerland

LHC - Large Hadron Collider - CERN, Switzerland

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join