It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travellers from the future 'could be here in weeks'.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
First time experiment Philadelphia Experiment
They messed up time tried three times to 'fix' it but failed
Roswell was a ship from the future that got caught in a Radar beam.

Hehe Just google it

We can 'sense' that time is off because part of us exists outside of time
Just search the threads on ATS about this... you will see many have noticed

Not including hoaxes...

There is an increase in UFO sightings, strange creatures turning up in the oceans, on the shore... etc etc...

As time lines cross and tough there are 'openings' More so now then ever and it will get weirder over the next few years

No I have no proof yet
Yes I have evidence
No its not ready yet

So the above is just ramblings of a demented lunatic

So now that that is covered... look it up

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Interesting hypothesis johnsky, the old thinking was that you could not go back in time and kill your great grandad, simply because if you did, you would not exsist!

However, later thinking is:

But the Russians argue that when the energies of the LHC are concentrated into a subatomic particle - a trillionth the size of a mosquito - they can do strange things to the fabric of the universe, which is a blend of space and time that scientists called spacetime.
While Earth's gravity produces gentle distortions in spacetime the LHC energy can distort time so much that it loops back on itself. These loops are known to physicists as "closed timelike curves" and they ought, at least in theory, to allow us to revisit some past moment.

Hi Z,

Just going by the op report:

The LHC is the world's most powerful particle accelerator, producing beams seven times more energetic than any previous machine, and around 30 times more intense when it reaches design performance, probably by 2010.

Thanks for the links

H

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
A big thanks to Majic the Mod for fixing the opening link!

I tried a couple of times, but failed miserably! (We have got the best mods on any forum!)
H

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Ha ha! Yesterday no one knew what I was talking about when I mentioned the Pyramids and Stonehenge. Today I come back to find the post starred and the rest is ancient history. Experiment complete!

"Your mind plays tricks on you, you play tricks back...!"

[edit on 8/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I wonder how all this plays in with the fact that these particles seem to be self aware. At the very least, they are aware of us, and know when we are watching them.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by obsidience
!won thgir emit ni kcab gnilevart m'I

!won kcab nrut part a otni tnes gnieb era uoY

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Parallel universes really do exist, according to a mathematical discovery by Oxford scientists that sweeps away one of the key objections to the mind boggling and controversial idea.

This report goes on to say:

The work has wider implications since the idea of parallel universes sidesteps one of the key problems with time travel. Every since it was given serious lab cred in 1949 by the great logician Kurt Godel, many eminent physicists have argued against time travel because it undermines ideas of cause and effect to create paradoxes: a time traveller could go back to kill his grandfather so that he is never born in the first place.

But the existence of parallel worlds offers a way around these troublesome paradoxes, according to David Deutsch of Oxford University, a highly respected proponent of quantum theory, the deeply mathematical, successful and baffling theory of the atomic world.

This is the bit I find interesting!

The new work bolsters his claim that quantum theory does not forbid time travel. "It does sidestep it. You go into another universe," he said yesterday, though he admits that there is still a way to go to find schemes to manipulate space and time in a way that makes time hops possible.

Source:

btw Zorgon, many eminent scientists have called ‘demented’ in the past,
but history has shown them to be otherwise!

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Havalon]

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII
I understand that, you cannot go back into time further then the moment when the time machine was created.

This is a theory... but since no one we know has tested this yet its just a guess

If I drank a cup of coffee...how am I going back to the point just before I drank the coffee? This sort of time travel is only possible if there is some sort of memory, or phenomenal device that holds everything that has ever happened and keeps playing them back at the time it occurred.

Where I come from we call that the Akashic Record... or Cosmic Memory if you wish

And if, time was really a loop and everything that has happened, is happening repeatedly, then what exactly is the point of living?

The future holds infinite possibilities... the Record holds all the Present and the Past and all the infinite possibilities in the future, however which of those futures you reach is not written yet...

That makes the journey worth it

When the past is visited and you make a change, you begin a new time line and continue along a new path to one of the other infinite possibilities... so you could kill your father before you were born...

You would cease to exist in the previous time line but continue on a new line from where you are... there is no going back... there is no paradox

If nothing of importance was change during your visit you could return and continue where you left off...

Back To the Future handled that very nicely actually the final result was better but NOT the same when he returned home at the end

Once I click "Post Reply", there's no way, anybody is getting the option to go back and change that...for the act is done, and it no longer exists.

Except for a mod... they can make it go away edit it etc... You see? there is no 'absolute'

The same goes for the future. One may be able to see into the future, suggesting that the future could be mostly mapped out

Can and do its called project Looking Glass... I have the documents from LANL posted here...

Pegasus Document Release #003
Through the Looking Glass with Phase Conjugation
Fall 1982 Los Alamos National Laboratory
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, how is possible for someone to go to a point that does not exist as yet on a linear timeline on this plane of existence? It's impossible.

Because time is NOT linear... only our perception of time is linear... as we exist beyond this physical plane part of us exists outside of time...

[edit on 22-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
btw Zorgon, many eminent scientists have called ‘demented’ in the past,
but history has shown them to be otherwise!

That may be true... but I figure if it was out in the open I could save the trolls some time and spare the thread

A little help with your links

In posts click on this...

Then type in something like HERE IS THE LINK

Click okay...

paste in the url

Click okay

Looks like this

HERE IS THE LINK

[edit on 22-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

By George!
I think I've got it!!

Thanks Ron

H

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Time travellers from the future 'could be here in weeks'.

Well technically, ALL time travellers from the future WILL be there in weeks.

As it is, we travel thru time at 60 seconds an minute.

So Im hopefull I'll be there in a week, and even moreso, I should even be there tomorrow !!

8]

Sry, Now I'll read the article..

(edited, in your timeline you travel as 60 seconds a minute, not hour.. My bad!!)

[edit on 8/22/2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

Well, you can't argue with logic like that!
Nice one blood!
H

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I can ......... by looking at this:

Originally posted by bloodcircle
As it is, we travel thru time at 60 seconds an hour.

lolol.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkAkaSilent
Isn't this a paradox? Wouldn't they already be here?

Paradoxes only exist if you think of time as being linear and we are travellers on a linear path. If you perceive time as non linear then there is no cause and affect. In effect you can have an affect preceding a cause......

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

reply to post by MarkAkaSilent

That is a moot question (and a good one!) Mark,
the LHC is due to commence full operation in 2010 so there is a conundrum! has the future already been!

Hmm, makes a boggling scenario..

In 2010, the time machine is made, which can only go back to that point where it is made. A few hundred years later, a group of mad scientists use it to go back to 2010, inadvertantly wipe out humanity as we know it, allowing nature to evolve unhindered by OUR hand - but observed by the time travellers from a few hundred years in the future - for the next hundred million years or so (with the human time travellers evolving into crazy grey googly eyed funky alien types who survive alone by cloning themselves), to the point where a future-future 2010 is about to occur and man has evolved once again to the point they can create a time machine, capable of only going back to the future-future 2010.

That means originally, time travellers have been here all along...

Possibly, using hundred million year old technology to float around the earth going "Blimey harry, look what theyre doing now! By the way, did you get that sample from Mrs Watkins from new Jersy? she does have wonderful DNA." before zipping off to the moon base that looks suspiciously like a crater.

And parallel universe theory rules out the grandfather paradox. So....

Id love to see that as a twilligfht zone or a masters of science fiction show..

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Nice one blood!
H

- I've often said I was a time traveller, but people look at me and just assume the long hair and beard means Im already crazy, and don't seem to wait for the explanation

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

I can ......... by looking at this:

Originally posted by bloodcircle
As it is, we travel thru time at 60 seconds an hour.

lolol.

Ahh but you know Einstein once said;

"Put your hand on a stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with that one special girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute - Thats relativity."

(edit, its not my day lol)

[edit on 8/22/2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I've posted this youtube video on ATS before in another thread but it is great. This guy claims to have gone back in time and he has proof.
What a cool story..
Could be a hoax, but the guy has nothing to gain.. He appears just as baffled as everyone else..

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spider_117
just curious, i want your opinions. say one travelled to the past, on our 'timeline' or whatever. he goes into the past, beyond his birth and kills his father. would he cease to exist? or would the death of his father require him to exist?

Both.

By going back in time, he's created a new worldline which is identical to the one he left, until he kills his father.

Then, in the worldline he created, he would never have existed. BUT the one he left would be unchanged.

Simple.

Or Im entirely wrong.

Usually Both.

Simple..

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I like the pool cue paradox.
You shoot a pool cue into a wormhole. The pool cue travels through the wormhole and travels back in time. The exit of the wormhole spits out the pool cue. The pool cue exiting the wormhole hits itself as it was entering the wormhole, thus preventing the pool cue from even entering it at all. Would both pool cues disappear? Would one disappear and the other remain existing? Would they explode? Makes you wonder..

-ChriS

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join