It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travellers from the future 'could be here in weeks'.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
THEY took our jobs!!!!!! sorry too much south park

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hallberg Rassy

I totally agree. Objects must decrease or increase their velocity different than that of the baseline, or what I like to call it, the state of "Q", to achieve the desired direction of time travel.

Being that the Universe is the Master Clock; this is the referenc baseline/ "Q" that would be used; not sub reference points of time like the earth, moon, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I wonder how all this plays in with the fact that these particles seem to be self aware. At the very least, they are aware of us, and know when we are watching them.

Are those particles aware of themselves though, and in that manner, are they behaving (making "decisions") according to a set of laws in context with our own existence?
That is the primary lesson they will try to learn in CERN, if they fail our advanced physics sciences have to go back to the drawing board. What are the chances of us finding the truth if the experiments fail? Will they admit it, or CERN will turn out to be a huge waste of money?

If for any reason whatever they find out, turns out that it wont produce the profits they desire and is not in accordance with their financial needs and their future as they have planed it, chances are they will never let the public know about it.

Human greed expects that the Universe is there to serve us, what if it is the other way around? Wouldn't it be an unfair Universe for us to exist in if it required tons of money for us to discover just the fundamentals about it?

Thankfully it doesn't work this way else, we wouldn't have the ability to create language, sciences and a civilization. The only reason I personally am interested in watching CERN press releases, is to discover how wrong they might actually be.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by spacebot]

Plus I am already alarmed by the number of sensationalist threads concerning the new CERN project, I believe it can serve as a distraction, first you triger peoples emotions and then you turn everyones spirits down explaining that the actual experiments doesn't involve time travelers and actual wormholes, its all in "theory", but people will forget what was that original theory that was put to the test.
Our frontier science is being put to the test here, so better for us to pay extreme attention down to the minor details and let no one fool us about the results.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Also,

as someone has probably already posted, the amount of energy it would take in order to open up a wormhole or portal of some type that could transport a man would be equivilant to converting the entire mass of Jupiter into energy. Sorry, we just can't do that yet.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yeah the problem is with all the people freaking on the LHC.
It takes that size only for one tiny little split second picture.
It cant actually even do anything constructive other than make that moment so quickly as to take a picture of it.
Then all that energy and time used gone.
Just for one little picture one little look.
Imagine the size needed for something to actually create something.
Us as humans on this planet in this consciousness we seem to have problems dealing with the dimension of things.
Think of the size of a supernova.
A million times the size of our own known universe.
Imagine trying to create that.
The technology we are using simply could not do any of this.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkAkaSilent
Isn't this a paradox? Wouldn't they already be here?

no they wouldn't...at least not in this case (CERN) because although a time machine could go back in time...it could never go past a point to before it was first operated or finished. CERN is not all the way finished, it could never go back in time any further than it's own creation or it would vanish. IMO of course...this is all hypothetical.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
reply to post by johnsky

And the reason they are cooling down to just that temperature is because:

As such preparations for the formal September 10th start date continue, the entire machine has been successfully cooled to temperatures below minus 270ºC, a fraction of a degree above the lowest achievable temperature.

In this temperature range, helium becomes a liquid, and is used to cool the superconducting magnets which keep the proton beams circulating at almost the speed of light as well as making the LHC the biggest refrigerator on the planet.

johnsky, thank for your contribution to the thread,

H
[edit on 22-8-2008 by Havalon]

Hi Havalon - Could above mean, like, 'The Day After Tomorrow' (or the day Before 9/11???) if you get what I mean........, just my 2 p's worth.
Ethiopia celebrated their 3rd millenium on Sept/11-07, did you know that ? Therefore Sept/10-07 was the end of their year 1999. In Ethiopian 'time' we are still in the first year of the millenium. Hebrew calendar is older, Thai calendar too, and others probably too, .... we've changed 'time' in the past, messing with calendars...... and we still do - with daylight saving etc. WHO's time is the RIGHT time ??? LOL !

I think the 'time' stuff has been getting noticeably 'faster' for some while now - if you link up to what has been disclosed by many on other 'time line' threads. People also experiencing more synchronicities, deja vu's and such like. I 'feel' an undercurrent of terror happening for a lot of people on this site.

There are quite a few people (scientists too) uneasy about the LHC - tests n stuff have been going on there for quite some time now.......
www.lhcfacts.org

Peace n LOVE to y'all

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is exactly why I posted the following in Skunk Works...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What if?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I remember once reading an article about the "supposed" time travel exploits of the Vatican, and how they traveled back to when jesus was put on the cross.

....or did i dream this ?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

NO, the security seems very poor. Just driving past and there is nothing additional there at all.

Surprising really, but there again, if this is going to be the start of time travel, then problem solved as the police of the future could have come back to resolve any security problem that did happen in 2009/20010 at Cern !!! What great and low cost security, always having the benefit of hindsight and going back and changing things!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
if a time traveler is reading this post ..please go back in time and stop me having sex with my first mother in law....i feel so ashamed ...it haunts me....

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
reply to post by Havalon

Also,

as someone has probably already posted, the amount of energy it would take in order to open up a wormhole or portal of some type that could transport a man would be equivilant to converting the entire mass of Jupiter into energy. Sorry, we just can't do that yet.

Actually, everyone should be hoping that there are other "shortcuts" for doing this. nobody can prove beyond any doubt that this would be the only method of creating and using wormholes, pretty much like nobody can prove that wormholes exist and can work the way we envisioned.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i am confused at to what the problem is with this particle smasher. back in march i had the opportunity to spend a day in long island at brookhaven labs, which many of you know contains another quite gigantic particle collider. we got a chance to view parts of the massive tubes that the gold atoms travel around for a few miles before smashing into each other.
however, the energy created by this collision lasts for the smallest fraction of a second. why do so many people believe this energy could sustain a black hole?? of course one may appear for that tiny amount of time, but obviously the energy cannot be kept up long enough for anyone to travel in and out of it, nor would it be big. the collision happens in a tube, so what are the "time travelers" going to emerge from the black hole/time portal and be stuck in that tube? and how can a full size person/people with potentially a ship fit through a tiny black hole? i feel like i'm missing something here...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
[The concept of time in today's
science is more science-fiction than science. Our scientific
beliefs about time, based on Einstein’s Special Relativity
Theory, state that time varies with relative speed, meaning that
the laws of chemistry and physics would have to vary between
all moons and planets, which all differ in relative speed. A
growing number of scientists even believe time travel is
possible via some sort of cosmic-sized, wormhole-based time
machines powered by unfathomable amounts of "negative
energy". All manner of fanciful beliefs surround the concept of
time in today’s science.

But time is actually very easily understood, with none of the
bizarre features of today’s science. For example, although
we commonly think of time as driving events in our world, it is
purely energy that drives everything. Take the batteries out of a
clock and it stops, regardless of any notion of time. But what is
energy and how does it relate to time? According to our laws of
physics energy can change form but can never be destroyed,
which means it always remains active and available without
ever tiring. But what drives the tireless availability and endless
activity of energy? Today’s understanding of energy differs little
from stories of magic -- a mysterious, ethereal, active entity
that we have learned to control via various devices. We really
know little more about the true nature of energy when we stop
to think about it. ]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've been following the stories about CERN for what feels like ages now. I've contemplated time travel for much longer. Here's my take:

Linear time is just a bi-product of our nervous system. We seem to move forward, navigating from a rear view mirror (only being able to see the past). In fact, we are wired in such a way that we cannot even see the present. The idea of "time travel" exposes our lack of understanding, the way we think our maps (world views) can ever be truly accurate. Timespace does not work in a straight line, it is more like a froth. Our cutting edge scientific theories are now just scratching that particular surface. To say "I want to travel back in time: is a lot like saying "I want to walk off the edge of the earth." There is no edge and there is no past. To quote a favorite novel: "Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so!"

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Referring back to the original article, I think the issue of energy required to sustain a worm hole was postulated.

One sticking point until now for wormhole concepts is finding an exotic kind of material capable of keeping the maw of the wormhole open for time travel.

Dark energy - a mysterious antigravity force that is thought to pervade the universe - could, they say, be just what is needed to keep the entrance to a wormhole open, at least according to one family of ideas about its nature, where it is called phantom energy.

So anti-gravity (If already understood – and used by the military, as some here at ATS believe) could, theoretically, be used in conjunction with the LHC to create and maintain a worm hole. The stargate scenario may not be that far from science fiction.
H

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Update:

The synchronization of the LHC's clockwise beam transfer system and the rest of CERN's accelerator chain was successfully achieved last weekend. Tests began on Friday 8 August when a single bunch of a few particles was taken down the transfer line from the SPS accelerator to the LHC. After a period of optimization, one bunch was kicked up from the transfer line into the LHC beam pipe and steered about 3 kilometres around the LHC itself on the first attempt. On Saturday, the test was repeated several times to optimize the transfer before the operations group handed the machine back for hardware commissioning to resume on Sunday. The anti-clockwise synchronization systems will be tested over the weekend of 22 August.

www.interactions.org...

Maybe being on the "look-out" for skies 'lighting up' or any other potential odd events this weekend is a great idea -- considering the above date is today.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

WoW I posted this a while back. I can't bealive you get 95 replies and I got only about 7 .

lol

This is somewhat old news just wanted to point that out.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Back to the past
if you go so far into space time slows for you and if you keep going it goes back onitself(time travel)

,you can only come back to the original time when the time travel machine was built,lets say 2010 its finished and your able to travel into the future,you can travel thousands of years into the future but the most distant time you can travel to in the past is the date you set foot in the machine 2010,so lets say you set it for 2030,you arrive ,do nothing get back in and set it for 2005,you get out in 2005 but the time machine has vanished because its not of that time,so your stuck in 2005,the time machine has vanished into thin air because youve took it from when it was made back before it was put together,but now youve got the plans on how to build it and how it was built in 2010,in 2005!repeat the process of going back or forward until the materials you need have not been made at the earliest time in the past,so you couldnt go to when the dinosaurs lived but you could go back at least 50 years from the 2010 date and forward,you see if you set it in 2030 to come back to 2010,the why cant you set it in 2010 for 1990,because the same function is happening,your still gong back twenty years its just that when you go back second time to 1990 it vanishes once you arrive,but you have the ideas and know how to make the same machine in 1990.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join