It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Athletes And Judging

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
Chinawhite I respect your knowledge about gymnastics, but you and I will go to our graves disagreeing on this one.

IMHO, if you can't finish it, you shouldn't add the start value!

I believe it was stupid to. In all honesty, that Russian girl deserved a medal because she was head and shoulders above the others (except for Chengs first jump), only got disqualifed because she went before the green light.

Anyway, what I hate is people blaming and accusing China of cheating when the rules are clearly outlined to them. The international made the decisions based on the rules not the Chinese

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Anyway, what I hate is people blaming and accusing China of cheating when the rules are clearly outlined to them. The international made the decisions based on the rules not the Chinese

Yeah but don't forget, ATS is a conspiracy site, it's a whole lot more fun to blame the evil empire.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
it's a whole lot more fun to blame the evil empire.

. That reminded me of someone tripping over a pavement, looked around and saw people looking at him so he starting yelling at the pavement to delect the blame at the pavement. Anyhow I enjoyed these games, very entertaining

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

america has some issues need to be improved,but it is not an evil empire.actually it is far from that.we dont have to go to extremes to judge a country.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by haidian

america has some issues need to be improved

Coming from someone in China I am utterly shocked by this statement.

Censored internet, the slaughter of poor for body organs, tibet and the list goes on!

Politics in general should be left out of the olympics but when someone like you makes statements like this, its highly hypocritical.

I challenge you to go stand in public and challenge your government. You wont, because you know you'll be dead or tortured quite quickly.

At least we have basic freedoms and rights in the USA.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
uh,why i have to.i m very happy with the things going on now,you claim sth far fetched and not part of everyday life for the people in china,chinese people are the most optimistic people in the world according to the foreign poll,with the wealth increase everyday both for the people and the country.peaceful and safe society.everybody is busy doing their own business to get richer.no wonder the approval rate is this high.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

At least we have basic freedoms and rights in the USA.

during the years i lived in the states i see more problems in the states than in china,us is by no means a fair country.racial discrimination is prevalent,police brutality is rampant,drugs,high crime rate,school shooting,war with many countries around the world.... the list is endless.the biggest pot should stop calling other people black.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ah, back and find... More crap.

A 14 year old lands on her face and gets a better score then a NOT CHEATING American who does two perfect vaults. Yeah, no conspiracy here...

Thankfully there are sports where time or points matter and America, Japan, Australia, Russia, Island Nation of Toga, so forth dominate them. So I guess we can let 12-14 year old girls fly off the bars and land in the crowd getting a perfect score over a non cheating athlete from another country who does a perfect performance get a medal.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
^You got no clue about gymnastics.

First of all the Chinese girl that was doing the vault final is 20 years old.

Vault scores consists of 2 vault scores then averaged to get 1 final score, so each person performs 2 vaults.

A fall in gymnastics results in a .800 deduction.

Cheng had 16.075 on her first vault then 15.050 because of the .8 deduction.

16.075+15.050/2=15.562

Sacramone had 15.750+15.325=15.537. Is that so hard to understand?

If you wanna talk about bias then thats BS because Cheng is a 3 time world champ on vault, she blew her chance on gold.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
She still got a higher score then someone who didn't land on her face.

And her age, how do you know? China's already been caught cheating on the ages of their athletes, could just be another lie and cheat.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
She still got a higher score then someone who didn't land on her face.

And your suggesting they change the rules to suit America?.
. Stop towing that same stupid argument out again and again, it just shows your complete lack of knowledge on the issue

And her age, how do you know? China's already been caught cheating on the ages of their athletes, could just be another lie and cheat.

You mean Cheng Fe?. You are seriously accusing Cheng Fe of being underage?. You do realise that she was been in international and domestics competition for over a decade now?. She would have had to started when she was less than 6 year olds then which makes absolutely no sense. The one which all the commenators know, even the Americans?. Please, if your trying to throw mud then do it in a sensible manner

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Coming from someone in China I am utterly shocked by this statement.

Why?, because your told to believe this?. Have you been to China?, talked to the people?. Or will you take the mass-media by their word?. I thought ATS was a place to deny ignorance of the mass-media and not repeat it

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I love how someone who's entire media is under control of the government thinks they know what's going on. Your "reporters" have guns leveled at them everytime they speak.

You live in a country where you can be executed because while you were walking across the street you got in the way of the Chairman's car and even though you had the right of way it made him mad and so you're executed.

You can be executed because you said something the government doesn't agree with.

Yeah, but you know better then the people who don't get their news from reporters that have guns leveled at them.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I love how someone who's entire media is under control of the government thinks they know what's going on.

That is gold, coming from a person who lives in the nationa who created mass-media which publishes whatever the government wants to hear. The nation who introduced policticalised education systems where everything is taught how the government wants you to see it.

Did you get that from you own media source?. Oh course they will say anything to make you scared of the world, youll tune in more to get updates about what is going on in the world and more revenue for them. Ill post some reports from the North Koreans because they have learnt from the Americans very well

You live in a country where you can be executed because while you were walking across the street you got in the way of the Chairman's car and even though you had the right of way it made him mad and so you're executed.

Chinese media tells us that Americans drink the blood of Chinese babies and worship the devil. But who do I trust, the American media *cough Iraq *cough* or the Chinese media. I rather trust the devil I know then the devil I dont know

While in America they block off city blocks and have shoot to kill orders for anyone who even thinks about getting on the road. That is rich. Look at your own patriot act, you can get arrested for saying something you believe in, you'll end up in a military prison and in no time death row. You think that there isn't the abuse of power in America/

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Your country used its own citizens as speed bumps for its tanks.

Your country has arrested and tortured people for handing out Bibles.

Your country has executed people for protesting the oppression of Tibet.

Not that you would know any of this as your media is controlled by the government.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Your country used its own citizens as speed bumps for its tanks.

So its ok to run over Irais, vietnamese and Afgans?. Or whereever else the "freedom" loving Americans want to be

Your country has arrested and tortured people for handing out Bibles.

Proof

Your country has executed people for protesting the oppression of Tibet.

And so they should. Tibetans start a riot leading to 10 deaths and they think they can get away with it?. If this happened in the US, theyll bring in the bombers and infantry to kill every living thing in that area

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonyth
^You got no clue about gymnastics.

Vault scores consists of 2 vault scores then averaged to get 1 final score, so each person performs 2 vaults.

A fall in gymnastics results in a .800 deduction.

Cheng had 16.075 on her first vault then 15.050 because of the .8 deduction.

16.075+15.050/2=15.562

Sacramone had 15.750+15.325=15.537. Is that so hard to understand?

If you wanna talk about bias then thats BS because Cheng is a 3 time world champ on vault, she blew her chance on gold.

This is where I have a problem with the scoring. You can have this huge start value and it counts even if you land on your face! I'm okay with .800 for a fall if you actually execute the manuver, does landing on your face/knees constitute a full execution of the manuver? IMHO I don't think it was, therefore the start value should not be factored.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
BTW...
The whole age question came up when the CHINESE GOVERNMENT said they were 14. Then about 4 months later they magically turned 16. And for some reason their passports all said Jan 1st. Like wow, the entire team is born on Jan 1st even the the CHINESE GOVERNMENT months before said different DOB and said they were 14.

Not that you would know this as the Chinese Government controls your media. I bet you didn't even know they originally said they were 14 until the Olympics started then magically they turned 16.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The whole age question came up when the CHINESE GOVERNMENT said they were 14.

They NEVER said they were 14. On a few UNOFFICAL age list some were listed as 14 BUT on their passport ISSUED over 5 years ago states they were 16. The whole issue started when AP found a old web link statin a wrong age and it went from there on.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The Chinese Government said they were 14. Then 4 months later they were 16. Not that you would know this as the Chinese Government controls your media.

Oh, unofficial lists composed by the government... Is that what the government controlled media said? Surprised they didn't just tell the news people to tell anyone who questioned the ages to lie down in the street to be speedbumps for their tanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join