It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Athletes And Judging

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
"landed on her face"and get the gold?do you have video proof to show that?i dont know which athlete you are talking about,can you make it clear?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
The Chinese Athlete LANDED ON HER FACE!

She never landed on her face. A Maximum deduction for a fall is 0.8 so falling is not a automatic disqualification

Anyway I explained before

This is how gymnastics scores are worked out

Part A for dificulty eg 6.8 difficulty

Part B for execution - Always begin with a base value of 10 deducted by the amount of imperfections. A fall is 0.8 and most others are under 0.3.

Cheng Fe fell and got a very low score of 15. But the Competition is done through the AVERAGE of TWO attempts. Her first attempt was the HIGHEST in the competition which was 16+ so thats why she had a higher score.

Burning people alive for handing out Bibles, running them over with tanks in a certain geometry shape...

Yeah......
. Burning people at the stake is a western tradition

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marshall Ormus
That is assuming that the Olympic buildings in England are even finished by the time it comes to using them in 2012.

I like your optimism

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by haidian

Where did I say she got gold? I said she got a medal over an American after falling while the American didn't.

And why isn't falling an auto disqualification? In football you go out of bounds the play stops. In baseball you go on the wrong side of the line and its no good. But these Olympics? A Chinese athlete could fly off the bars and land in the crowd and the judges would run over to say, the track and field events to grab more medals to give to the athlete while the American, or Australian, or Japanese, or whoever does the same event perfectly and gets a lower score.

Why? Because the Chinese Government, the same one that has killed people for spreading Bibles, has a tight grip on the athletes and judges. I wonder how many snipers are aimed at the judges during the event.

Also, I wasn't talking about burning at the stake. I was talking about setting people on fire. As in modern times, using gasoline and pouring it on a person and setting them on fire.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Krieger]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I wonder how many snipers are aimed at the judges during the event.

Now your claiming China used force to those scores
?. A gun to the head now?. LOL

I was talking about setting people on fire.

So they set people on fire now?. Why and where

And why isn't falling an auto disqualification? or whoever does the same event perfectly and gets a lower score.

Those rules are set by the IGF, falling once inccured a 0.5 penality which they changed to 0.8 this games. Anyhow the Chinese performed by far the hardest routine of the contest. The score was averaged out of two attempts so thats why her average score was higher than the American who had a lower difficulty.

This is how gymnastics scores are worked out

Part B for execution - Always begin with a base value of 10 deducted by the amount of imperfections. A fall is 0.8 and most others are under 0.3.

Cheng Fe fell and got a very low score of 15. But the Competition is done through the AVERAGE of TWO attempts. Her first attempt was the HIGHEST in the competition which was 16+ so thats why she had a higher score.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Oops, China lied about the age of their athletes...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But as stated in this topic, the athletes probably lie about their age for fear of death from the Government.

And grandmothers get "re educated" by the government for protesting at the Olympics.

But yeah I'm off my rocker for thinking they might do something to athletes or judges who don't cheat for them

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

You think they wouldn't, or don't? They tried to intimidate a US Team by killing the father of the coach. Oops, I mean a *random* Chinese man killed him then *committed suicide* so he couldn't be questioned.

And yes, they have set people on fire. They have shot people. They have imprisoned people for minor things like spreading the Gospel. Yep, try to hand out Bibles and end up being tortured in jail. Because unlike civilized countries like America or England or Canada or Australia China is a hell hole. Human rights? Ha, Saudi Arabia looks like Boy Scouts next to China. How many MILLIONS died under Mao? How many died during that time in the geometry shape? Or was that just a pigment of my imigration? Or what about those people in Tibet? Or what about the people in anywhere China right now living in poverty while the government spends billions on these Olympics and rigging the judging competitions?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
smell like jealous.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

sorry m8,
The american, her movements were sloppy, her legs were flapping.

yes, her landing was better than the chinese, but the chinese performance overall 'WAS' better..

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Until she fell flat on her face. Sorry, if a QB throws a beautiful pass but it is caught out of bounds it doesn't count. if an athlete completly fraks up their landing... should be the same thing. Unless they are Chinese then they are given medals in the event, and some from kayaking, softball, and any other medals they can grab and hand over to an athlete who didn't deserve it for a horrible performance.

Also, shouldn't get ANY medal period for cheating. Still love when asked her age she had to pause for a few seconds then lied and said 16 even though she was 14 according to China a few months ago. Unless they age faster in China she cheated.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You think they wouldn't, or don't? They tried to intimidate a US Team by killing the father of the coach.

Your now claiming they have guns to the officals heads????????

Why dont they kill the athletes instead?. That guy is worth peanuts and wouldn't intimidate anyone bar the people who know him. Anyhow in the Volleyball if China did it, it was for the benefit of other counteries since China did not win a medal. He also attacked the other CHINESE tour gides as well.

If a Chinese can get a man to commit suicide after killing a worthless American then imagine the other things then can do. Woooo, scariiiii

How many died during that time in the geometry shape?

You mean Tienanmen Square?

There was no such thing as the Tienanmen Square massacre, because no one was ever killed there. Of course there were deaths that day but the media over played it and over dramatized what actually happened. The US intelligence agency gives a estimate of 400 or so deaths which is close to the 200~300 figure that the Chinese government released. There was a equal amount of dead para-military soldiers because the protesters weren't democracy seeking students but 2 million students + equal or greater amount of construction workers protesting on the lack of living standards. Chinese economic liberation had just begun in the south and had not reached the North so their was a great disparity of wealth. Long story involving a large crowd with soldiers ordered not to fire while been overwhelmed

If you actually research history about Tienanmen Square. The last 5000 students were filmed by a spainish film crew organized by the government leaving Tienanmen Square. If you try hard enough you can find the film on a CCTV achieve or some website. Or these eyewitness accounts by the protesters given to the American embassy which is no where near Tienanmen. Most of the battles happened around Tienanmen square not directly in it. The battles happened in Changan Boulevard which is the road which leads to Tienanmen and the road which the PLA took to the center

Like their reliable sources.
"Embassy officials also report conversations with angry citizens, some "claiming that more than 10,000 people had been killed at Tienanmen." One woman claimed to have witnessed a tank running over 11 people. "

"Foreign journalists report seeing fleeing protesters shot in the back"

That makes perfect sense seeing as how I actually saw the last protesters leaving the square. That's the problem with "western" or student accounts. they don't back their claims up with photos or movie shots

Read the actual document 31. I supplied one which i outlined in a square box

It says. "The PLA did not fire directly on students gathered around the martyrs monument on Tienanmen square. Troops beat, and probably killed some students after they left the square" .

These eyewitness accounts are coming from the actual protesters not the Chinese government. They themselves admit that no action actually happened in Tienanmen square but around the square. While you go to Tienanmen square it is open space but you go around the outside there is places to hide or get cover from

And again i refer to document 31

The battles waged around the square rather than on it. Witnesses present at the martyrs monument describe a errie lack of action on the square itself

If the pictures are to small go to www.gwu.edu...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The american, her movements were sloppy, her legs were flapping.

yes, her landing was better than the chinese, but the chinese performance overall 'WAS' better..

Yeah, I thought you were talking about the Americans. Before she came to land her legs were flopping side ways and she never was in a good position to land. Her movements were indeed slopy but possibly because of her size on the beams which made the size

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

And your comments on 3 Chinese athletes being underage?

China should be banned from Olympic events.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Until she fell flat on her face. Sorry, if a QB throws a beautiful pass but it is caught out of bounds it doesn't count. if an athlete completly fraks up their landing... should be the same thing. Unless they are Chinese then they are given medals in the event

SHE NEVER FELL ON HER FACE. Stop repeating that, I already corrected you before

Do you even know the rules of these events?. You comparing it to the NFL afterall
. As stated by the international gymnastics a fall is only a 0.8 deduction. That saved America in the team routine when their was TWO such falls and also Lukin who fell in the individual

Still love when asked her age she had to pause for a few seconds then lied and said 16 even though she was 14 according to China a few months ago.

Translation.!

On hundreds of Chinese documents she was 16 and on this INTERNET document she is 14. There is also another link who states she is 13.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Please forgive me for taking exception to your statement. She totally missed her hand placement, she coudn't maintain proper form after hitting the vault and landed on her knees/face and she scores a 15? When I saw that score I hit the ground laughing and turned the TV off. Women's gymnastics was over for me at that point.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
And your comments on 3 Chinese athletes being underage?

They arent underage so your point is moot

With the Chinese winning the gold medal the Americans being sore losers as they are claimed that the Chinese athletes were underage and thus "cheating", as this documentry from 2003 proves, they are the correct age and trained in their correct age division. The funny thing is, a few small mis-reportings somehow overruled the fact that they had so much MORE REGISTERED ages in PREVIOUS competitions and yet the US media tried to point at some incorrect records to somehow make a point

With respect to the cases of Deng Lingling and Jiang Yuyuan, there is a 2003 documentary film about how China was preparing for the 2008 Olympics. This 89 minute documentary even includes the then unknown hurdler named Liu Xiang. In 2003, China was already screening young girls for the 2008 Olympics, and the group included Jiang Yuyuan and Deng Lingling (but not He Kexin). While birth certificates, passports and newspaper reports can be faked, it is unlikely that this documentary was faked back then because the Chinese sports authorities were just guessing who among the large group will emerge as eventual Olympians five years down the road.

Quote " This is for girl athletes who will be at the right age in 2008"

Still looks the same even when she is 16. This was when she was 12

Quote " Deng Lingling is the child who loves to cry"

www.zonaeuropa.com...

A old passport issued 5 years ago when He wasn't even dreaming of going to the olympics and hardly planning to go there underage. She was a unknown at that point so why go through all that trouble to change a unkown child's age so she can compete at Beijing. She was not even a particulary gifted gymnast at that point and didn't even win any world titles for her event which blows even more doubt as to whether China would go to all that trouble to issue passport when she was barely even able to lift herself up let alone do all those routines. And the fact that EVERYTHING on paper and NOT on the internet says she is 16 while the Americans only hawk back to some misguided internet page. People are proclaimed dead on internet pages, people who died ages ago still are listed on some internet files as being alive.

IOC: Despite questions, no proof China cheated

BEIJING - Despite persistent questions about the ages of several members of the Chinese women's gymnastics team that won the gold medal, the International Olympic Committee said Friday there is still no proof anyone cheated and believes the controversy will be "put to rest."

The IOC asked the International Gymnastics Federation to investigate "what have been a number of questions and apparent discrepancies," spokeswoman Giselle Davies said. But all of the information the Chinese gymnastics federation has presented so far supports its insistence that its athletes were old enough to compete.

"We believe the matter will be put to rest and there's no question ... on the eligibility," Davies said. "The information we have received seems satisfactory in terms of the correct documentation — including birth certificates."

Chinese coach Lu Shanzhen told The Associated Press they gave the FIG new documents on Thursday to try to remove any doubts about He's age, including an old passport, residency card and her current ID card.

Lu said all the documents were issued by various departments of the Chinese government, and that he had nothing more to put forth as evidence.

"If these valid documents are not enough to clarify this problem, then what will you believe?" an indignant Lu said.

news.yahoo.com...

How is the Americans proof that she is underage. One report states she is 14, a Chinese offical said she was 13 and the HUNDREDS of other documents state she is 16. None of that smoking barrel stuff people thought that was going to occur

China should be banned from Olympic events.

So should America if that is the case. Sore leaders love to complain

[edit on 22-8-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
She totally missed her hand placement, she coudn't maintain proper form after hitting the vault and landed on her knees/face and she scores a 15?

15 is a LOW mark. Why do people have trouble understanding that

so she started off at 6.8 and was deducted for her mistakes. She got taken off something like 1.8 marks which is HUGE in gymnastics. Its like the Chinese basketball team loss to America

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

15 is a LOW mark. Why do people have trouble understanding that

so she started off at 6.8 and was deducted for her mistakes. She got taken off something like 1.8 marks which is HUGE in gymnastics. Its like the Chinese basketball team loss to America

If she just ran straight into the vault, bounced off but landed on her feet they probably would have given her a 15.000

Alicia Sacramone has a slight wabble on her landing on her second vault and scores a 15.325? Cheng Fe lands on her face and scores a 15.000? C'mon...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
Alicia Sacramone has a slight wabble on her landing on her second vault and scores a 15.325? Cheng Fe lands on her face and scores a 15.000? C'mon...

No. The reason why Alicia Sacramone scored badly was because she had a easy routine. In reality she should have came 5th or 6th because she had the second easiest routine to perform. Even on this routine she managed to botch it which made her score very low. Gymnastics are normally decided by 1/100ths so a 0.325 is a huge difference

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Chinawhite I respect your knowledge about gymnastics, but you and I will go to our graves disagreeing on this one.

IMHO, if you can't finish it, you shouldn't add the start value!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join