It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Athletes And Judging

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
I bet you didn't even know they originally said they were 14 until the Olympics started then magically they turned 16.

On EVERY PAPER document the athletes have been listed as 16. Previous meets and domestic competitions. Her old passport even 5 years previously stated she is 16 and her residency card which people need to live in the city stated 16 as well. Her birth certificate list her as 16 as well. These cards are long term so you statement that she magically was listed as 16 is stupid.

Americans point to some internet pages as proof and think they have a case

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

I'm looking forward to London in 2012, I can even see the headlines now...

16 year old Chinese fetus takes the gold in the womens floor exercise, just edging out USA's Shawn Johnson for the win.

[edit on 8/23/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
The Chinese Government said they were 14. Then 4 months later they were 16.

ROFL

They NEVER said they were 14. One offical did mention one gymnast as 13 but thats another birth date altogether. For the record, I'm not a Chinese citizen, so if you argument rest on that you are digging your own grave

Oh, unofficial lists composed by the government..

Everything can be said to be the government in China. Its one big system. On the same paper list the same miinistry list her as 16. Only on this internet data base she is 14.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think you mised this post

With the Chinese winning the gold medal the Americans being sore losers as they are claimed that the Chinese athletes were underage and thus "cheating", as this documentry from 2003 proves, they are the correct age and trained in their correct age division. The funny thing is, a few small mis-reportings somehow overruled the fact that they had so much MORE REGISTERED ages in PREVIOUS competitions and yet the US media tried to point at some incorrect records to somehow make a point

With respect to the cases of Deng Lingling and Jiang Yuyuan, there is a 2003 documentary film about how China was preparing for the 2008 Olympics. This 89 minute documentary even includes the then unknown hurdler named Liu Xiang. In 2003, China was already screening young girls for the 2008 Olympics, and the group included Jiang Yuyuan and Deng Lingling (but not He Kexin). While birth certificates, passports and newspaper reports can be faked, it is unlikely that this documentary was faked back then because the Chinese sports authorities were just guessing who among the large group will emerge as eventual Olympians five years down the road.

Quote " This is for girl athletes who will be at the right age in 2008"

Still looks the same even when she is 16. This was when she was 12

Quote " Deng Lingling is the child who loves to cry"

www.zonaeuropa.com...

A old passport issued 5 years ago when He wasn't even dreaming of going to the olympics and hardly planning to go there underage. She was a unknown at that point so why go through all that trouble to change a unkown child's age so she can compete at Beijing. She was not even a particulary gifted gymnast at that point and didn't even win any world titles for her event which blows even more doubt as to whether China would go to all that trouble to issue passport when she was barely even able to lift herself up let alone do all those routines. And the fact that EVERYTHING on paper and NOT on the internet says she is 16 while the Americans only hawk back to some misguided internet page. People are proclaimed dead on internet pages, people who died ages ago still are listed on some internet files as being alive.

IOC: Despite questions, no proof China cheated

BEIJING - Despite persistent questions about the ages of several members of the Chinese women's gymnastics team that won the gold medal, the International Olympic Committee said Friday there is still no proof anyone cheated and believes the controversy will be "put to rest."

The IOC asked the International Gymnastics Federation to investigate "what have been a number of questions and apparent discrepancies," spokeswoman Giselle Davies said. But all of the information the Chinese gymnastics federation has presented so far supports its insistence that its athletes were old enough to compete.

"We believe the matter will be put to rest and there's no question ... on the eligibility," Davies said. "The information we have received seems satisfactory in terms of the correct documentation — including birth certificates."

Chinese coach Lu Shanzhen told The Associated Press they gave the FIG new documents on Thursday to try to remove any doubts about He's age, including an old passport, residency card and her current ID card.

Lu said all the documents were issued by various departments of the Chinese government, and that he had nothing more to put forth as evidence.

"If these valid documents are not enough to clarify this problem, then what will you believe?" an indignant Lu said.

news.yahoo.com...

How is the Americans proof that she is underage. One report states she is 14, a Chinese offical said she was 13 and the HUNDREDS of other documents state she is 16. None of that smoking barrel stuff people thought that was going to occur

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
On one side we have China with

- Hundreds of paper documents which state 16 years old
- Birth certificate
- OLD passport issued at least 5 years prior which will have VISAs from other countries from past international meets which gurantee its authenticity
- New passport
- Residency card
- ID card

On the other side we have the whinning Americans with

- A old webpage with a list of birth dates which don't even match the paper copy.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

How is the Americans proof that she is underage. One report states she is 14, a Chinese offical said she was 13 and the HUNDREDS of other documents state she is 16. None of that smoking barrel stuff people thought that was going to occur

We're going to print one of our own Chinese Birth Certificates and five year old passports, just like China did, that's how.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
We're going to print one of our own Chinese Birth Certificates and five year old passports, just like China did, that's how.

Because anything is possible in China?

You will have to also make a paper record for the governments filing cabnet and also get visas for her travels to previous international meets which also need to be lodged in to the country who issued the Visa database. The entire american defense rest on internet pages, Its funny because people who are still alive are listed as dead online vice versa aswell as people who are married or divorced or male and females

Try that

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Krieger,

I asked you for proof about you claims, I'm still waiting
. I guess I have to wait until there is a blue moon since what you claim never happened

[edit on 23-8-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Because anything is possible in China?

You will have to also make a paper record for the governments filing cabnet and also get visas for her travels to previous international meets which also need to be lodged in to the country who issued the Visa database. The entire american defense rest on internet pages, Its funny because people who are still alive are listed as dead online vice versa aswell as people who are married or divorced or male and females

Try that

Not a problem, need anything else while I'm at it?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Not a problem, need anything else while I'm at it?

First you have to meet the original mission parameters before you go to the next level. Haven't american designed computer games taught you anything?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

First you have to meet the original mission parameters before you go to the next level. Haven't american designed computer games taught you anything?

Sorry, I'm one of those fat capitalist pigs, a little too busy to play video games.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Two comments:

1) What in recent Chinese history tells us we should trust these documents they have suddenly produced?

2) As a coach of female athletes you learn to spot certain things that are signs of a girls age and maturity and I can tell you that the only way some of those girls are 16 is if the Chinese government was doping them to keep their bodies immature.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
till now all the documents ,id card,passport,some issued many years ago,show they are over 16 years old.they won the medals with dignity,their hard work paid off,and now some sour grapes losers want to strip them off their hard won great achievement .win is win,lose is lose,dont have to be that nasty if you lose.in taekwondo,chinese two time olympic champion chen zhong was delared the winner of the game and after the game the decision was overturned,her opponent became the winner,It was the first time a match result has been overturned since taekwondo became an official Olympic sport in 1990.and before the reveral of the ruling ,the official consulted with the chinese side,and chinese team officials replied that we are the host country,we respect the committee's decision and wont appeal .that's the right way to look at the competition.we lost a gold,but we showed the right attitude,it is worth it.

two time olympic champion chen zhong crys after learned that the result was reversed.
2008.sina.com.cn...

[edit on 23-8-2008 by haidian]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm one of those fat capitalist pigs, a little too busy to play video games.

Have you tried to this called T-E-T-R-I-S, they finally allowed the Chinese nation to play this game. It involves thinkings that the Chinese government doesn't allow

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i watched the replay of the video and i agree that the british athlete should be credited with that point,but a lot of people also argue that if the points were given to the british athlete at that early stage of the game,the two time olympic champion chen zhong would have enough time to change her strategy and fight with a different approach to win the game.but the ruling came long after the whole game was over,there is no chance for you to do anything to change the result,is that really called justice?

[edit on 23-8-2008 by haidian]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well one of our aussie divers just stopped China from having a clean sweep in all 8 diving competitions, if the judges were really biased to China, I doubt this would have happened

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
congradulations!周吕鑫 flunked his last dive,aussie athlete's last dive was almost like a perfect 10,that's a honorable defeat,we have to admit that,but sliver is also ok.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Well one of our aussie divers just stopped China from having a clean sweep in all 8 diving competitions, if the judges were really biased to China, I doubt this would have happened

He got a 112. A ridiculously high score. Very well deserved

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Again, CHINESE GOVERNMENT SAID THEY WERE 14! Then 4 months later said they were 16.

So, do you age one year for every two months?

You live in China. Your history books probably tell you that no one died under Mao, that everyone was immortal until the evil capitalists screwed things up. And hey, the government controls it so why not?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotty18
Two comments:

1) What in recent Chinese history tells us we should trust these documents they have suddenly produced?

2) As a coach of female athletes you learn to spot certain things that are signs of a girls age and maturity and I can tell you that the only way some of those girls are 16 is if the Chinese government was doping them to keep their bodies immature.

No comments on my previous post, which I quoted above?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join