It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Unsure of How Many Houses He Owns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Well look, he was presented with a straight question and all he mustered was a joke? Sorry, but this was billed as an honest debate, one that he's supposedly won. So, sorry - but we'll have to take his answers seriously, even if they sound idiotic (what else is new?).

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Like your siggy, except McCain ahs alreay promised more taxes to pay for a war with Iran.

Anyways, McCain is so out of touch he doesn't even know about himself. What more proof do you need that he is old and senile? When someone says "Mr. McCain what do you think about Y?" And he stays silent because he forgot his last name is McCain?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

I also wonder about the state of his mind.

I can envision something similar to M*A*S*H episodes where Radar gets the colonel to sign a stack of orders by giving unimportant descriptions to the material to slip through a few special ones. Will we ever know who runs the asylum.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

ok, could you please clarify this for me. On this thread you say McCain forget things easily.

What more proof do you need that he is old and senile?

on the McCain is a cheater thread you said this

heard all the questions and his handlers had time to give him responses to remember.

I don't think it can be both ways. Can it?

By the way. Good answer on the $250, 000 question. I would rather be a billionaire too.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Well look, he was presented with a straight question and all he mustered was a joke? Sorry, but this was billed as an honest debate, one that he's supposedly won. So, sorry - but we'll have to take his answers seriously, even if they sound idiotic (what else is new?).

You haven't watched the forum, have you? He did provide a long, detailed answer. The joke was a small part of what he said.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

He's old and senile. My grandfather can tell you about how he caught this walleye up on Lake Manistique 60 years ago but he can't tell you what he did last week.

McCain probably had it drilled into him by his handlers so he only had to remember for a couple hours. But ask him, say, tomorrow the same questions without his handlers preparing him and how much you want to bet he will give different answers?

BTW, I wouldn't turn down 250,000 a year though. Heck I could retire after 10, 15 years making that. But of course I don't buy 250,000 dollar cars like billionaires do.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Krieger]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
Anyways, McCain is so out of touch he doesn't even know about himself. What more proof do you need that he is old and senile? When someone says "Mr. McCain what do you think about Y?" And he stays silent because he forgot his last name is McCain?

This isn't proof of anything of the sort. McCain is rich, if you didn't know that now you do. Rich people on this scale generally don't handle their own finances, they have advisors for that sort of thing. He likely gave a chunk of money to a financial advisor and that advisor purchased rental properties as investments.

You can't really pick your candidate based on wealth because every one out there makes more in a year than you or I will make in a lifetime.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

You can't really pick your candidate based on wealth because every one out there makes more in a year than you or I will make in a lifetime.

It's not about the wealth per se, It's their inability to even try to understand the circumsatnces of the American working man Taxpayer. And when
confronted with a serious question; make a joke.

We are just numbers in the files of the IRS. We're not people.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
And the fact McCain doesn't know where he is. How great it will be when he wakes up in the White House and starts to scream because he doesn't know where he is. Or he'll be talking to say, China, then forget what he's doing and walk away to do something else causing an international incident. Or in the middle of the State of the Union he starts pissing his pants.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
It's not about the wealth per se, It's their inability to even try to understand the circumsatnces of the American working man Taxpayer. And when

Did you watch the forum that were talking about here? If you did then you should surely remember that Obama also made a joke when asked the same question.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't care if he's a slum lord. But, obviously he doesn't seem to take care of his own financial business either. So, I guess that means his wife will be in charge? I'm surprised he isn't wearing an earpiece for her to answer for him. He's been stumped on questions before, but, he should have seen this one coming.....if he knew or could remember the best answer. For his age and what he's been through, he deserves better credit than this one slip.

However, I would be more annoyed if he just bought these because they were recently foreclosed. That would be a big issue......wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm not so sure McCain was making a "joke", but I agree that he wasn't serious. He didn't really mean that a person would have to make 5 million to be considered wealthy. He didn't want to be nailed down to saying what "wealthy" meant, so he gave an outrageous number and laughed it off. His friends are VERY wealthy. He and his friends are the ones who are going to be impacted by Obama's taxes.

I would love to ask him what an average income is and get a real answer. I doubt he has a clue.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If you watch the forum he said 5 million in a jokeful manner, and stated right afterwards that it will be taken out of context in which it was here.

Also, whats it matter how many houses he owns? If he has been making that money legally, and doesnt go against his own word when he becomes president it does not bother me one bit.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

We are just numbers in the files of the IRS. We're not people.

Do you not understand that Republicans and McCain do care about people in hard times? We just have another way of trying to deal with it and you guys constantly smear as as mustache twirling monsters who don't care. McCain gave up a lot of his life and mobility for this country. Dont tell me he doesn't care.

The problem is, there is a lot of hysteria and propaganda out there today McCain realizes that and knows that joining the hysterical chorus is not the best thing to do. Much like he did on Iraq and is now proven correct.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This man scares me...

McCain thinks Putin is the President of Germany

www.youtube.com...

Claiming to be an expert on foreign policies etc... and mixing up the heads of state of two countries of the G8... not just some vague obscure countries.. but Germany and Russia..

This man will be the final nail in our country's coffin and the final proof the world needs to make fun of us forever after possibly electing McCain after 2 periods of the current administration.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirador

This man scares me...

McCain thinks Putin is the President of Germany

www.youtube.com...

Claiming to be an expert on foreign policies etc... and mixing up the heads of state of two countries of the G8... not just some vague obscure countries.. but Germany and Russia..

This man will be the final nail in our country's coffin and the final proof the world needs to make fun of us forever after possibly electing McCain after 2 periods of the current administration.

Yep, if McCain is elected I will start asking myself if the people are really worth fighting for. I will assume than the majority is perfectly happy living in a police state, in fear and poverty.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by TheOracle]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Do you not understand that Republicans and McCain do care about people in hard times?

That's a common misconception. The difference between the two parties is pretty clear on this subject. Democrats think the government should take money from the people and give it to the poor. Republicans think that those who are able should donate money to the poor and the government should keep their noses out of it. Statistics also show that right leaning states donate more money to charity, go figure.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Yep, if McCain is elected I will start asking myself if the people are really worth fighting for. I will assume than the mahority is perfectly happy living in a police state, in fear and poverty.

Can you point to a single item in McCain's campaign agenda that leads you to believe he is going to move this country towards a police state?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Do you not understand that Republicans and McCain do care about people in hard times?

I don't think democrats or republicans are heartless. However, I think Obama identifies with more Americans of generation X, Y, & Z. He grew up in a poorer background where the father wasn't around much.

McCain grew up in a two parent household. He attended a private high school before entering the Naval Academy. This isn't a "knock" on McCain, but the facts are his father and grandfather were both very high ranking Naval Officers. His future was paved pretty clearly from the beginning.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Yep, if McCain is elected I will start asking myself if the people are really worth fighting for. I will assume than the mahority is perfectly happy living in a police state, in fear and poverty.

Can you point to a single item in McCain's campaign agenda that leads you to believe he is going to move this country towards a police state?

i hope you arent telling me that he isnt going to follow the current administration agenda. he supports most of Bush policies and that includes stripping us of our privacy and use the authorities to control and oppress us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join