It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Unsure of How Many Houses He Owns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Are you talking about Obama cause he is siding with FISA and iraq war seems to be off the talking points now too?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

The difference between the two parties is pretty clear on this subject. Democrats think the government should take money from the people and give it to the poor. Republicans think that those who are able should donate money to the poor and the government should keep their noses

See the hypocrisy here?

The Republicans think it is OK for tax dollars to be used for Corporate welfare, Bailouts, Oil Company subsidies, no bid contracts; but begrudge a few bucks for the poor. The Poor should just rely on charity according to the GOP.

This is what McCain stands for. More of the Same.
I guess if you are happy with the status quo, McCain's your man.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm sure I'll be corrected but I think Reagan was older when this sort of memory stuff started to happen.

It's not many things but it is Alzheimer's. You can't sugar coat that.

I've been a Republican for more years than many people on this forum have been alive. McCain is TOO OLD. We have no other choice other than Obama. Us sheep just don't get it....

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ofcourse Mr McCain doesn't know how many houses he has. He doesn't have any. Its all condos and its his wife that has them not him.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brothers
Ofcourse Mr McCain doesn't know how many houses he has. He doesn't have any. Its all condos and its his wife that has them not him.

No, it's not all condos. They have a ranch outside of Sedona Ariz.
And Cindy isn't sole owner of some of them. They own a lot of property.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

you mean the small part of his back yard that he purchased for market price? This rumor is not based on fact, yet it keeps being repeated.

I think amount of homes is an issue, when the issue of "eliteism" is raised by himself earlier in the campaign. Is owning more than 8 homes being a regular guy?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
See the hypocrisy here?

The Republicans think it is OK for tax dollars to be used for Corporate welfare, Bailouts, Oil Company subsidies, no bid contracts; but begrudge a few bucks for the poor. The Poor should just rely on charity according to the GOP.

Um...have you looked around lately?? Congress has been controlled by the left for TWO YEARS and guess what...corporate welfare, bailouts, oil company subsidies, no bid contracts. You're trying to pin a problem on the republicans but it's BOTH sides of the aisle, my friend.

I for one am sick and tired of the government taking my hard earned money and throwing it away. I will never vote for anyone who says they are going to raise taxes. I really dont' care what they are doing with it.

And, just for the record, I firmly believe that the poor should rely on charity unless they're is a valid medical reason why they can't work. Otherwise, get a job and support your family like the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
i hope you arent telling me that he isnt going to follow the current administration agenda. he supports most of Bush policies and that includes stripping us of our privacy and use the authorities to control and oppress us.

I'm not telling you anything. I'm asking you to point to a particular item in his campaign agenda that has led you to believe that he is going to move us towards a police state. I know that many alternative news sources on the internet are saying it, but none of them actually point to anything he's said or done.

Just for the record, I am a right leaning independant that until recently called himself a republican. I'm not planning on voting for McCain but I am so sick of seeing him demonized over lies and assumptions. Meanwhile, Obama is often doing the exact same thing and the press flatters him for it...I just don't get it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ok, so let me get this straight. McAnus owns 7 houses, wears $520 Ferragamo loafers and his wife is worth more than $100 million. Obama made $4 million last year from a book he wrote 3 years ago, yet McSame and the rethuglicans says Obama's the "elitist". Obama is also considered an "elitist" because he went to private schools, an ivy league college and Havard law. It would be nice to have an intelligent POTUS considering the one we've had to endure the past 8 years couldn't put a coherent sentence together.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Regardless of wealth. If you put the two side by side and let them both make speeches I think it's pretty clear who is an elitist and who isn't. Maybe it's just me, but Obama comes off arrogant and cocky when I see him speak.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You know, I really hope the parties and the media don't start throwing around dollar figures to libel/slander canidates. Because the truth is if you're running for president on a major party ticket then you're wealthy. PERIOD. I don't need to here how canidate x is worth $400 million but canidate y has a much more humam net worth of $50 million. The fact is if a canidate's bank account is the only measure used to gauge how in touch they are with real America, then you're gonna be in for a rude awakening because they all got that coin.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
Ok, so let me get this straight. McAnus owns 7 houses, wears $520 Ferragamo loafers and his wife is worth more than $100 million. Obama made $4 million last year from a book he wrote 3 years ago, yet McSame and the rethuglicans says Obama's the "elitist". Obama is also considered an "elitist" because he went to private schools, an ivy league college and Havard law. It would be nice to have an intelligent POTUS considering the one we've had to endure the past 8 years couldn't put a coherent sentence together.

Aha, but Bush went to Yale and they don't let is just anyone last time I checked good sir!**

**unless daddy is a senator and/or has a $100 million or more.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
His wife does seem like a high management type gal. She is upity even for Arizona elite types. They will probably take the election and we little people are going to hell in a hand basket for sure.

BTW I know how many homes I own, 1.

That's one more than I own.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
sorry guys mccain doesnt own those homes, his wife does. so get off your anti mccain horse and look at Obama's Rezkoe situation instead

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

why don't you just give up the ghost and be honest with us all here. No matter who the Democratic candidate were, you would have something negative to type out on here. see that a mile a way.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't see why people think it's cool to elect someone that is supposed to serve the common people and their best interests, but has no idea what those common people live like. Then again, I guess that goes for both these guys, but whatever.

I personally believe that "politician" shouldn't be a career path. I think people should be elected coming from all different facets of the workforce to represent their own personal region and peer interests. But this is just a random thought I'm having in this half-asleep state, make of it what you will.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by trek315

You guys are partisan idiots to get hung up on how many houses someone owns. My god lets overlook Obama saying "that over my pay grade" on the matter of late term abortions after the baby is born and is still alive. Any idiot would know that once that baby is born you have to protect it. Obama has so many failures you pugs have to jump on anything you can about McCain. I wonder what you guys would be saying if this was flipflopped onto Obama. I can hear it now, the right wont focus on issues that matter to us, like the econmy and high oil prices, they just want to talk about how many houses Obama owns. You guys are so out of whack with reality I feel sorry for you. No comment necessary, it wont matter, just like what I said wont matter to you guys.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Isn't it hilarious how the Obama camp have pounced on this little gaff and exploited it in order to portray McCain as a lavish living money pot!!

Shoot me down for this if you will, but hasn't Obamas campaign been all about money and records! The height of hypocrisy if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Aha, but Bush went to Yale and they don't let is just anyone last time I checked good sir!**

**unless daddy is a senator and/or has a $100 million or more.

I don't want to make this about Bush. But yes, Daddy Bush got him into Yale. Also H.W. also helped him in getting his deferrment from the Texas National Guard into going to 'Nam and also got him off from any jailtime for his various DUI's and coke possession charges.

Obama got into his "elitist" schools on brains, not daddy's help.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I heard this story on the news yesterday while on my way to work and busted out laughiing.

I agree it is heavily dosed in the spirit of partisan politics.

However..it also became obvious to me that after Obama made his famous "Above my pay grade " statement that his party had to do damage control. This is a prime example of desperation.

Obama was asked a question on a topic which for years and years, election after election ,was a litmus test for any office in the land..even for the office of dog catcher...what are ones views on abortion...and abortion related topics.

Now in damage control...this political party must do likewise in desperation but instead asking a question about private arrangements and then bringing this into the public arena..and then manufacturing it as a political issue..as if how many houses one has or owns qualifys one or disqualifys one for the office of President.
This is clearly a manufactured event...verses the abortion and abortion related issues...which was for so long used by the democratic partyto control who got into what public office by being a litmust test for these positioins.

It clearly shows to me the desperation of this body politic in that it cannot withstand what it has been dishing out for years and years..election after election.

How many houses one owns is a private issue...private buisness. Abortion for years and years has been a public platform for every office in the land.

There is a big difference here in motives and methods when one remembers and knows the history of past elections and the issues.
How many houses one owns was not an issue...abortion was and continues to be an issue.

Among thoses of us who know this history it shows very poor tack and preparation in this political party attempting to play through on such a default setting. It also hints at vieled entitlement thinking/beliefs.

Nonetheless,
This tack clearly shows desperation and damage control. It also clearly shows how deep the media is in bed with the political partys. THere is no difference in the political partys and he media ..they are one and the same.

This is one reason much of the public is catching on..to the two party system..and the media too.....slowly but they are catching on in disappointment.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 22-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join