It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Unsure of How Many Houses He Owns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I usually don't post threads in relation to political candidates but this piece struck me as a picture of this man's perception of wealth. This is in no way intended as an attempt to impugn McCain. It is merely an observation of things he said and statements he made. Should I find things that Obama says to be similarly noteworthy (and I'm sure I will) then I will post those as well.

news.yahoo.com...

I was surprised to read that even though the number of homes is estimated at only about a dozen or so, McCain didn't even want to offer an approximate number. Perhaps he was worried that the media would research the definitive figure and accuse him of misrepresentation or even lying. I realize that sometimes political candidates have such concerns for very valid reasons and prefer to be cautious in their remarks rather than to risk being viewed negatively for giving inaccurate information.

Also, although I didn't watch last week's forum, I read a lot of articles about the statements the two candidates made but never saw this comment below.

In a forum last week with the Rev. Rick Warren, McCain was asked to define the word "rich" and to give a figure. After promoting his tax policies, McCain said: "I think if you are just talking about income, how about $5 million?"

Once again, please keep in mind that this is not intended as anything other than an observation. I also find it worth mentioning that the income for Obama and his wife reported in the article (at $4.2 million in 2007) would actually fall just below McCain's off the cuff definition of wealthy. I know that's just a coincidence but I found that fact interesting nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
His wife does seem like a high management type gal. She is upity even for Arizona elite types. They will probably take the election and we little people are going to hell in a hand basket for sure.

BTW I know how many homes I own, 1.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I know how many homes I own also.

O

I have a mortgage so technically the bank owns the place where I live.

I find it astonishing how the WEALTHY down play the importance of money.
I'll bet if they had to live from paycheck to paycheck; their attitude might change and be a little more friendly to the American taxpayer.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

who cares? No really, I mean, can't we find something better to discuss? I don't care if he has 50 houses and 500 trillion dollars, to be honest.

I'd be more concerned about what he does once he gets in the White House and it doesn't matter what he has or where he has houses, he's going to be the president he wants to be, so for both candidates, all we can do is vote and then keep our fingers crossed that they do the right thing.

Houses do not matter.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It is interesting though since republicans were all over Kerry for being married to a super-rich wife in 2004. McCain seems to be in a similar situation.. Some have estimated his wife's wealth at $100 million. Will this become a recurring theme?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Obama's already hit on this with a new TV ad

www.youtube.com...

This is what I like to hear. No lies, no distortions, just direct quotes and facts.

John McCain has never even collected a paycheck that didn't come from your tax dollars. How this man is "in touch" with the average American I don't know.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
He collects social security. Um, aren't the Republicans the ones who want to destroy the SS program? Great way to destroy it McCain by using it...

Anyways, so according to McCain 5million is rich, so to his standards Obama is Middle Class! I wonder who is more in touch with the middle class then, the guy who, according to McCain is Middle Class, or McCain.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Cindy is the typical Stepford Wife
who once in awhile has a glitch in the system and lies and steals, but we can forgive that. I beleive she's gotten rid of the substance abuse demons.
And that show about the Carpal Tunnel
i couldnt stop laughing!!!

BTW, she's a typical Valley Girl. They even walk to the pool wearing high heels in a bikini.

I'd take a picture but it would be kind of obvious.

Anyway, McCain's memory may have been wiped out somewhat with the Manchurian chip and all.

Buenos dias!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
To quote the late, great, George Carlin:

"The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged, and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Good honest hard working people: white collar, blue collar it doesn't matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard working people continue (these are people of modest being) - continue to elect these rich . They don't care about you at all - at all - at all, and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care."

Seems about right - and this election is proving to be no different...

Citizen: Well, I believe I’ll vote for a third-party candidate.

Kang: Go ahead! Throw your vote away! Ahhh hah ha hah ha ha!!!

- The Simpsons (Treehouse of Horror VII)

Edit by spiderj because although carlin rules...the circumventions of the TnC still make it a no-no. RIP GC.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by Spiderj]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
LOL...

You guys are getting REALLY desperate eh? Is there something wrong with owning homes? If you want to talk about homes, lets talk about the sweet deal Obama got through Tony Rezko!

This is nothing more than the classic Democrat tactic of "class warfare".

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

and according to Obama $250,000 is rich. When is the last time you ever dreamed of being rich and $250,000 popped in your head?

We need to quit diggin up dirt on both candidates and debates the real issues.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
LOL...

You guys are getting REALLY desperate eh? Is there something wrong with owning homes? If you want to talk about homes, lets talk about the sweet deal Obama got through Tony Rezko!

I believe the point was not that he owns houses, but that he owns so many that he can't remember exactly how many he owns.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Neocon, do you really think anyone cares what Fox Noise tells you to think? Especially since you think Barack is a secret muslim, wants higher taxes, bleh, even though McCain already said he's raising taxes to pay for a war with Iran and Obama has not said anything about taxes, except on Billionaires who are stealing from the American Public.

So go on watching Fox Noise who gets memos from the GOP telling them what to report.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Krieger

and according to Obama $250,000 is rich. When is the last time you ever dreamed of being rich and $250,000 popped in your head?

That's well above the poverty level and think about it. Are you thinking rich, or are you thinking super mega wealthy? Hell 250,000 sounds low to me to when I imagine all the billionaire Oil Men but then I have to scale it back down and remember. You don't have to be a billionaire to be rich. A millionaire is rich. Maybe 250,000 is rich. Hell, make that a year? A house, three of them maybe, cars, I'd be comfortable.

But then again I'd rather be a billionaire so yeah, prolly is low balling it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alora

Originally posted by Dronetek
LOL...

I believe the point was not that he owns houses, but that he owns so many that he can't remember exactly how many he owns.

Even if the reason for him not answering is because he doesn't remember how many, whats wrong with owning a bunch of houses?

Why don't you care about Obama's shady house deals with a felon? Where something illegal is actually going on.
www.suntimes.com...

In addition to a land deal, Sen. Barack Obama’s ties to indicted dealmaker Antoin “Tony” Rezko include an internship the senator provided the son of a contributor at the request of Rezko, an Obama spokesman confirmed today.

John Aramanda served as an intern for Obama for about a month in 2005, said Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs. His father is Joseph Aramanda, a Rezko business associate who was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in a federal corruption case against Rezko. Aramanda has contributed $11,500 to Obama since 2000, Gibbs said.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Krieger

Well, the "messiah" got it dead wrong.

There is no set value to declare yourself as being rich. The man that makes $12,000 per year and the man that makes $500,000 per year are both rich if they truly love what they get paid to do.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As regards being a candidate for president, I don't think it's important that John McCain owns seven houses.

I don't think it's important that he doesn't even know how many he owns. He can't remember what he said from one day to the next.

What I think is important is that these facts show that he is COMPLETELY out of touch with the average American and has no clue what regular people go through. Someone else has been taking care of him for so long, that when he was a "normal" citizen, the country was a completely different place. He is FAR removed from the common man.

Love the new Obama ad!
BTW, Obama paid off his student loans with his book sales in 2005. They had a mortgage. They know what it's like.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
Obama's already hit on this with a new TV ad

www.youtube.com...

Some positive campaign Obama is running! At least McCain refers to experience. Obama has to resort to smearing him with his number of houses.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Um, McCain hasn't had a single ad that says "I'm John McCain and I do X, Support Y, and believe in Z." They are all "Obama is black! Get your white robes on he's black! Obama doesn't support murdering US Troops in Iran!" So hell, McCain could support eating babies, we wouldn't know, since he has never made a commercial telling us what he supports just that Obama is black.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm already getting sick of seeing the quote "how about 5 million?" posted everywhere. It's taken completely out of context. He was laughing when he said it AND he actually said something to the effect of "I'm sure that's going to be taken out of context and posted all over the internet". That's not the exact wording, but it's a good representation of what he said. The left is actually using a joke as a talking point and since most of America relies completely on the news for stuff like this rather than watching it themselves...they think he actually said that in a serious manner.

Any news site that uses the 5 million quote should immediately be looked upon as a junk source.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join