It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns of response to U.S. shield

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbeyond94

wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose having a missile defense shield in poland? because in the process you're creating a new more powerful enemy the russians

What are the Russians going to do, build more advance ballistic missiles? Hundreds of missiles compare to 10 interceptors? Go ahead and let them spend hundred of billions dollars worth of equipment, just like the Soviet Union did. We had a powerful Soviet Union and it was still a Cold War. No nukes were launch.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Then perhaps the biggest problem is that there are fascists and racist and extremists all over the world and each country has them and cannot get rid of them... COME ON! This world is a breeding ground for hate. Its not just each country is breeding anti other countrys we are humans being bred to feel a certain way.

The problem is we all have intelligence agenys foiling plots against our countrys and the governements are the ones responsible for these people but they cant do anything its inhumane. We the people of the world need to GROW THE... ____ UP! We need to help those that need help so they wont be so hateful towards others an try to destroy them... all it does is stir up anger.... or maybe we will never get rid of it...

Its population control... we need it. Its not fair but it has to be done. The universe isn't big enough for 2 human controlled planets

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I don't think Russia is going to start a nuclear war. The most they will do is try to increase their influence in South America and hit Europe with oil restrictions. This is not WW3 yet folks...breathe

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Delta, And how proud were Americans after getting beaten by sandal wearing freedom fighters in Vietnam. How proud are Americans now after 5 yeras in Iraq, please tell me I cannot wait to hear.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Nothing will happen! The Russians are just flappin their jaws again. They try to talk "Big Talk", but the US always makes them see things OUR way. You watch.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Magic Mushroom

Delta does not represent all Americans

Magic Mushroom does not represent all antiAmericans

Grow up. The problem is the hate that humans have for each other... Its Childish and overrated. This Planet Makes Me Sick.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Mushroom, how proud were we when we defeated the Filipino insurgency after the Spanish-American war? How proud were we beating the Iraqis in 91 after our defeat in Vietnam? How proud when we beat the Iraqis in this current war that is not over yet. Hey! How proud were the Russians in losing their war against the Mujahadeen and yet they are becoming powerful again defeating Georgia and Chechnya. Just like the U.S. Just like the U.S. What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Any nuclear exchange would be limited with Europe being ground zero. NATO needs to stop sitting on their hands and emboldening Russia with their weakness. NATO basically abandoned Georgia and was silent when Poland was threatened. The US is the only one standing up with a consequence to Russian aggression if they attack Poland. NATO walked away from the sandbox and the US was left standing alone to draw a line in the sand. Europe needs to seriously wake up before their weakness causes war.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is nothing but idle threats and a move back to the military economies of cold war times and measure of production and economic stability that were lost.

Really with dozens of nuke subs all over the world from each country its obvious the little poland missile defense is against Iran and not Russia. let the swords rattle a bit and watch the economy grow.

All is as it should be. Relax, what is good for us is good for Russia. We both benefit.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Another big problem.

When no other country decided to help each other The United States of America that stood for freedome helpe other countrys out. In Americas past in all these wars America has become the Freedom Fighters, the warriors to fight for those who could not.

Then CAME RELIANCE

America became a figure to use. When countrys go down they ask for the U.S. Help if others go down they blame the U.S. America has become known for its history in trying to protect the world.

AND ONCE YOU ENGRAVE AN IDOL

It is hard to destroy an idol. The symbol will live on for eternity Just like in all of history America has left its mark. So America still stands to a past record that ist not NECCESSARINGLY proud of but we have to continue to uphold. If any country thinkgs America has become weak the greed will come and they will Persue to become the next great IDOL.

America is burdened to be the SAVIOR of the WORLD because we once beleive in freedome and one beleived that others should have it. Now there is no rest because there will never be freedom in this CORRUPT world.

America is Burdedned to do the right thing. and SO IT DOES.

------Edit because its not a reply... just a statement ----------------

[edit on 20-8-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I am not sure that I would say it is accurate to say America lost in Viet Nam. It depends on definition. America was not conquered by the N. Vietnamese.

Also, we did conquer Afghanistan in a matter of weeks. Something no one else could do before and we did squash the Iraqi army and Government in a matter of weeks as well.
As for the ongoing fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, many fighting us are not even natives.

The problem is when American gov runs the war instead of allowing the generals to due their job.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ

I am not sure that I would say it is accurate to say America lost in Viet Nam. It depends on definition. America was not conquered by the N. Vietnamese.

Also, we did conquer Afghanistan in a matter of weeks. Something no one else could do before and we did squash the Iraqi army and Government in a matter of weeks as well.
As for the ongoing fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, many fighting us are not even natives.

The problem is when American gov runs the war instead of allowing the generals to due their job.

Dude we lost Vietnam our mission was to stop the north from overthrowing the south and we failed. Yes we lost Vietnam. The problem is not generals not running the war its fighting wars for political reasons and not for actual causes. Any war fought for political reasons never are won look at history. Vietnam was political we lost. Russia invading Afghanistan was political and they lost. 2nd Iraq war was political and we are still bogged down there to this day. Now these wars are not meant to be won anyways just sustained so the bankers and financiers can make a mint off of these wars. Death toll means nothing.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by aboveandbeyond94

wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose having a missile defense shield in poland? because in the process you're creating a new more powerful enemy the russians

What are the Russians going to do, build more advance ballistic missiles? Hundreds of missiles compare to 10 interceptors? Go ahead and let them spend hundred of billions dollars worth of equipment, just like the Soviet Union did. We had a powerful Soviet Union and it was still a Cold War. No nukes were launch.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by deltaboy]

you can't continue pressuring russia into giving up more of it's regional influence and expect them to play nice. it's natural law of survival-when russia has it's back against the wall they would lash out violently

would you rather return to the old cold war status? of course not..who would enjoy living in constant fear of being turned into ash-perhaps those in power

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

You may well be correct... However, I was referring more or less to the "war" rhetoric that they wouldn't act on.

They've been stating their prerogative for nuclear first strikes for the past few weeks. Ho-hum... I think we can all see through that.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

while i agree in principle, this is not the old Soviet Union here. Once the Cold War "ended," America's focused dimmed a bit on Russia as anything other than a "2nd world country." Putin is old school and i give him a little more credit, he seems pretty astute about things and i doubt he'll make telegraphed moves and the same mistakes.

this could get interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
I don't think Russia is going to start a nuclear war. The most they will do is try to increase their influence in South America and hit Europe with oil restrictions. This is not WW3 yet folks...breathe

It certainly isn't WW3, but the beginning of Cold War 2 has just started. Make no mistake.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Delta, I know you a proud American but I think your missing the bigger picture here. The last thing we need is another pissing contest between the West and the East because this time round we may not get away with it, that is human survival. WE came close to it a number of times during the cold war and the way things are going it could happen this time, you may think your proud, you may think I'm anti American but if it kicks off we all end up dead and there is nothing proud in being dead is there.

Just don't lose sight ot the fact that it is us the little people who die and suffer in wars, not the super powerful or rich, are you so ready to die for them because I'm not.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Im with mushroom on his/her last post.

Because that is whats happening.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Russia must smash the evil imperialist US empire , before it murders more russian people , like how it got done through its stooges in Georgia

May God Bless Orthodox Christian Russia to obliterate the Satanic USA and win WW3 , in case USA tries to attack Russia

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

I wish they had Stars that were burning in fire.

Your anti US Jibberish makes me cringe and think about suicidial bombers... Just because your people think your lives are useless doesnt mean we want to go with you crazy lunatics.

Russia and the U.S. are allies calm down its just more poplulation control

I am halfway exspecting you to rant some prayer for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join