It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns of response to U.S. shield

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I am familiar with the Georgia Guidestones. but that doesn't mean that they are prophecies to things that will happen in the future

i don't understand how you people live your lives, constantly in fear that you elected officials are trying to kill off the entire world. must be a very dark and scary existence.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86

I am familiar with the Georgia Guidestones. but that doesn't mean that they are prophecies to things that will happen in the future

i don't understand how you people live your lives, constantly in fear that you elected officials are trying to kill off the entire world. must be a very dark and scary existence.
Of course they aren't prophecies. Prophecies are revelations from God.

The Illuminati control EVERYTHING, all world nations except for 3. They aren't 'prophesies', they are PLANS.

Did you read? They plan to create global chaos, massive population reduction, and the "final social cataclysm" to bring in their NWO.

They told you they were going to do this in 1871. You have been more concerned with who the next American Idol was to notice. Well, that was their idea too, they know you only care about being entertained.

And sorry, my existence isn't "dark and scary", I don't give two squirts of goat piss about those who "can only kill the body". I've been worried about God "who can destroy both body and soul in Hell".

Wake up. You all are worried about the Christians, lol, the ones worshiping Satan have the money and the nukes.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Ok, so what do you think the bible prophesies are saying about all this, I know personaly from several citizens of Russia and Georgia, that Georgia is the agressor and Russia is trying to protect it's citizens that live in S. Ossetia.

Give me reference to what scriptures you think prophesy about this and tell me your opinion and then i will tell you mine, btw, I'm not a bible basher or a basher of others relegions like some disrespectful people around here are. I'm a PK.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

I am not a bible scholar but my older sister was. She started studying Revelations on a daily basis back in the early 1970's and had every book available on the subject, literally dozens. We didn't grow up in church so I knew nothing basically about Christianity at the time, and my sister has passed away, but I vividly remember her describing how the final conflict would begin in Europe and that Russia, in concert with the middle east, would instigate it. I know that is not detailed info. but my sister passed away 15 years ago, at a time when most of us thought of middle east as just a third world country who had no actual power, & there was nothing to fear of them. Now all these things she talked about have/are come to pass. The fact I heard these things before any of them even seemed a possibility has left a definite impression on me.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Russia would be doing the same thing if they had similar power. The thing is, is they now have similar power. They've regained strength from the collapse of the USSR and are now trying to influence regional politics in a manner similar to the USA.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was wondering when the good old "Prophesies" would enter this thread,seems every thread on ats these days has something to do with prophesies.
IMO i believe this is just Russia making idle threats because they were heavily criticised about Georgia and not pulling their troops out.
We may well be heading for a return to the days of the cold war and even if that happens there will just be the usual stand offs and taunting between the US and Russia.
Nobody is gonna start throwing nukes at anyone yet.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Stu2112]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

yes yes how much do you euros remind us that it was russia that beat germany not us well that is true and i admit it it was the russians who fought and beat germany yes with supplies from america but thats besides the point if it wasnt for america you guys would be talking russian or did you forgot the only reason russia didnt establish communsit goverments in western europe was why? oh thats right cause we americans were there to keep them from getting to crazy unless you think you guys could have stopped them lol which we all know you couldnt have so ur welcome you ingrates welcome for the fact we presevered your way of living and made sure the russkys didnt invade europe you guys have always taken us for granted talking # putting us down well the day is gonna come when russia china iran hell maybe n korea launches an attack on you and then you'll scream for us, scream for us to use our guns and supposed warmongering ways and we cause we feel its our natural duty to defend freedom wil come to your aid but then again i hope we dont i hope we stay out of it and let you and ur enemies fight while we kick back and watch the show remember no one has #ed with you guys cause we are backing you up dumbasses

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by umbracode

bible?
hahhaha the bibble is justa "copy/paste" made by jewsih who copied everything from other civilization like the sumerian,assirians,and babilonian.
Omg in 2008 there's still someone believing in "bibble"
That's why th world is colapsing.

LOL, silly man, Satan founded those cultures in the beginning of time. He also knew what would happen at the end.

It's obvious they are similar, their "father" knew these events to. the difference between everything else in the world and the Word of God is whom you are required to serve.

I don't doubt for a minute that these ancient pagan societies had stories similar to those in the Bible, their father was Satan.

emh yes sure and santa claus created Satan.but they had a fight with the annunaki......
omg dude are you serious?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
i never said that, the OP of the post i replied to made a false statement about Russia having more nukes (as if it really matters) which is not true because of the 12k we have in service we are able to deliver about 6k of them, and i believe that russia has about 16k, and can deliver like 3k of them.

As you can see in the following that is not accurate.

thebulletin.metapress.com...
thebulletin.metapress.com...

Since the Russian numbers are at best derived from Russian government press releases and at worse speculation the true numbers could be much higher even if they could in theory be less reliable than believed.

Analysts are particularly concerned about stockpiles of material that in 1998 totaled 1,200 tons of uranium and 200 tons of plutonium, whereas a device only requires 15 kg. They acknowledge that all of the known losses involved minimal material.34

research.maxwell.af.mil...

Asymmetries There is tremendous asymmetry between US and Russian nuclear materials and warhead production infrastructures. Russia has a large, functional infrastructure with extensive redundancies. It is maintaining this complex, despite high financial cost. There are multiple plants in Russia-four of which are major plants the size of the US Pantex facility-that can produce thousands of warheads per year. This includes n ot only facilities for manufacturing fissile materials components and other weapo ns parts, but also facilities for final assembly. In short, Russia has a functioning ca pability that would allow it to rapidly reconstitute a nuclear force in a break-out scenario. By comparison, the United States has no facilities or infrastructure t o manufacture many key materials and components for weapons. For example, there present ly is no US facility for producing plutonium pits. The US plan is to begin pit produc tion at Los Alamos National Laboratory by 03, but the capability will only about pits per year compared to the Russian capacity of thousands per year. The US objective is to maintain the enduring stockpile, thus it will not have the capacity to undertake l arge-scale production

gos.sbc.edu...

www.armscontrol.org...

russia is nothing, they are beating their chests, puffing up like a puffer fish, they want to seem bigger and badder then they are.

Maybe so but they do have nuclear forces that are at the very least as dangerous as the US force and in my reading superior by a strategically significant margin.

I can back this up with much more information and sources than above so just let me know if you have the time to become informed.

their economy almost collapsed a few years ago, and they are JUST now getting money to start pouring into the military, we have been doing it non-stop since the 1940's...

In fact the Russians were deploying new ICBM's at least until 1995/96 which hardly proves that everything went to hell.

Development of the RT-2PM was approved on July 19, 1977 and carried out by the Moscow Institute of Thermal Technology headed by A. D. Nadiradze. Flight tests were conducted on the Plesetsk test site from February through December 1985. The main problem that had to be overcome during this period was the development of battle management system. After the first test series was successfully conducted in April 1985, with the first regiment with Topol missiles put on alert in July 1985. Throughout this time work continued on improving the battle management system. The first regiment of "Topol" missiles employing a modernized mobile command center (in area the of Irkutsk) were put on alert on May 27, 1988. The test missile firings were finally completed in December 1987.

At the time of the signing of the START I Treaty in 1991 the Soviet Union had deployed some 288 Topol missiles. Deployment continued, and at the end of 1996 a total of 360 Topol missiles were deployed.
The Topol missile was deployed at previously developed deployment sites. After the INF Treaty was signed in 1987 several SS-20 deployment sites were adapted to launch the SS-25 Topol missiles. The United States expressed specific concerns during the INF treaty negotiations. When the SS-25 missile system was deployed in the field, with its missile inside the canister and mounted on the launcher, the US contended that the canister might conceal an SS-20 missile. This was of concern because unlike the single warhead of the SS-25, the SS-20 carried up to 3 warheads. A resolution was reached after the Soviet Union agreed to allow inspection parties to use radiation detection systems to measure fast neutron intensity flux emanating from the launch canister. A launch canister with a missile inside containing a single warhead, such as the SS-25, emitted a different pattern of fast neutrons than did one with a missile having three warheads, such as the SS-20.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sure the civilian economy went all to hell but it's a mistake to confuse what happens in the Russian civilian sector with their strategic abilities.

i never said it was ok to pick a fight with Russia, but if they want to go toe to toe with the worlds only hyper power, then i say give them just enough rope to hang themselves with.

I would rather not hand out any rope as someone might very well get hanged. Given my opinion as to who might end up in the noose American citizens should not wish for a contest that their leaders diligently avoided preparing for.

Stellar

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ever since the day the Powers that Be shoved their hand up Bush’s hinder to grasp the pen to sign NSPD 51 I’ve been waiting for *Something*.

*Something* to *Happen* before the election - or mayhap even directly after, but before the inauguration of the new President.

*Something* like --->

Translated into layman's terms, when the President determines a national emergency has occurred, the President can declare to the office of the presidency powers usually assumed by dictators to direct any and all government and business activities until the emergency is declared over.

(www.ww4report.com...)

I don't need to explain, I hope, to anyone here, what enacting the above (NSPD 51) could mean for the USA and the World...

Anyway, my eyes had been on Iran, but something just didn't feel right.
I took a big sigh of relief and went about my business thinking Iran wasn’t going to be *It* and maybe I’d be wrong dreading *Something* - something that wouldn't really happen...

Then the other morning I read - *Georgians attack Russia Peacekeepers* - yet before I even got back to my flat for lunch - the headlines were screaming *Russia Attacks Georgia*.
So the spin had been spun.
Now my eyes are drawn to the Russia.

*Something* is up.
We all know it.
What it will end up being, at this point, we can only guess.

I hope whatever that *something* is, when it finds you - it finds you and yours prepared.

...it ain't even Christmas but “God Bless Us, Every One”, Tiny Tim.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Looks like the Ruskies are growing a pair of balls again.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stu2112
I was wondering when the good old "Prophesies" would enter this thread,seems every thread on ats these days has something to do with prophesies.
IMO i believe this is just Russia making idle threats because they were heavily criticised about Georgia and not pulling their troops out.
We may well be heading for a return to the days of the cold war and even if that happens there will just be the usual stand offs and taunting between the US and Russia.
Nobody is gonna start throwing nukes at anyone yet.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Stu2112]

Have you ever thought about studying the prophecies, not from a Christian view necessarily but just to see what all the hoopla is about? Are you not at all intriqued by the fact that nearly all prophecy recorded in the bible has come to pass?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Seems like modern day soothsayers and harbingers of doom are in most threads here on ATS at present.

I have no wish to even comment, let alone cast doubt or derision on your opinions / beliefs etc, that is for somewhere else, as are your comments.

With due respect, I suggest comments on Revelations, Armageddon, The Rapture etc are best kept in the 'Conspiracies In Religion' and 'Predictions And Prophecies' Forums.

Of course, it has absolutely nothing to do with me, just my respectful opinion.

[edit on 21/8/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

You mean the prophecies about a bunch of countries that don't exist anymore attacking Israel with swords? Or how the Jews will "Dwell safely" in Israel? What about the one that states the Nile will dry up, or Damascus would be destroyed? Or the prophecies that Jesus would return before that generation (2000 years ago) would pass?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why do people reply to a post if it holds no merit for them personally? I read hundreds of posts a day here that I either disagree with or that seems like something that had to be typed in a padded cell but if they are of no interest to me I just move on. Now, if these things I posted are a particular pet peeve for you, that is different. I post at times when something just annoys the hell out of me. But I was not trolling around looking for a thread where I could get someone riled with prophecy talk. The Russia/Middle east issue is of great interest to me so I opened up but maybe I gave too much information. That is one thing about ATS, seems if you dare decide to start participating that someone is going to jump your case. I bet there is a ton of people who never post because of that.

edit to say sorry I'm getting the hell out of Dodge. If I took this off-topic I apologize.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So please tell me which prophesies from the old book have come to pass.
And also to which bible/book do you refer to?.
If you mean Revelations then i dont remember any of these coming to pass.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stu2112

Uh sorry I would be glad to get into this but have been asked both here and thru u2u to not take this thread in that direction.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well i guess thats the end of that conversation then.
Never mind maybe some other time then.
Night Night.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Yeah,

Thanks for that Elf.

I tried to explain this in big red letters previously but it appears that people are too busy thumping their chests and pissing up the wall to actually think about the situation or even read something that may not have even occurred to them.

Just goes to show that reality is in the attitude of the presumer and there is no point in attempting to teach the obvious really.

They've already decided screaming, bragging and de-railment is better than facing the facts on the ground. The fact that the thread has lasted this long with the same old reiterations simply emphasises this...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The missile shield threatens Russia in no way. Even after built, they can throw way more missiles than we can shoot down, and it only takes a few to make a big impression.

My personal belief is that the quality of the Russian military is not all it is cracked up to be, and that the Poles are not Georgia. I suspect that if we flew air cover and provided CAS, the Poles could hold their own, especially since the Russians are short on strategic projection, and would have to come through Lithuania, Belarus, or the Ukraine, none of which are likely to look upon this favorably.

Just my two cents.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join