It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns of response to U.S. shield

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
As i've statet in another thread,these statements are pure propaganda as in fact their military/industrial complex had almost collapsed few year ago.
Now becuase of high fuel oil prices they earn some money and they're modernizing their airplanes etc etc but as a matter of fact Russia's military system is full of problems and not capable of any real threat.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
The US is the only one standing up with a consequence to Russian aggression if they attack Poland.

Where's the acts of aggression? Could you provide some links? Georgia was the aggressor last time I checked. It seems the U.S. wants to support any nations that takes aggressive, preemptive action. Which is astoundingly stupid.

Sure, they've made some threats, but no more than the U.S. would have if India place a "missile shield" on the border of Canada.

I guess McCain (we all know that he's going to win – whether by popular vote or not) will allow America to "Lose," as he likes to refer to it, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in order to transfer troops to the Polish and Georgian borders? Or do you think he'll enact a draft? There's no way the U.S. could place sufficient troops (without withdrawing from Iraq and Afghanistan) to counter the Russian military if Russia decides to build up their defenses on their borders.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You all should take a look at your Bible prophecy. You were told over 2,000 years ago what the Bear would do.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by umbracode
As i've statet in another thread,these statements are pure propaganda as in fact their military/industrial complex had almost collapsed few year ago.
Now becuase of high fuel oil prices they earn some money and they're modernizing their airplanes etc etc but as a matter of fact Russia's military system is full of problems and not capable of any real threat.

That may be so but they still have NUKES! even if those nukes are outdated and most of them will not work and misfire, it takes 1 to get up and hit its target.... Imagine the shield works, it blocks most of them, the others misfire but lets say 2 get through and hit NY and lets say Rome... What then? Is all this worth losing 2 major cities? Millions dead, radiation spreading through the Eastern US states, through western europe? We would have to retaliate ofcourse right?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

bible?
hahhaha the bibble is justa "copy/paste" made by jewsih who copied everything from other civilization like the sumerian,assirians,and babilonian.
Omg in 2008 there's still someone believing in "bibble"
That's why th world is colapsing.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You all should take a look at your Bible prophecy. You were told over 2,000 years ago what the Bear would do.

very true.... so when is the Russian invasion of Israel gonna start?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

they have more nukes, but we have about twice the number of deliverable nukes...

check out global secuirty for more information.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The "mistake shield"in Europe, as i refer to it, is in NATO's right to install,it is a advanced-standoff weapon,capable of downing ABM missiles,something Europe does not currently have. The idea is to keep as much fall-out in Russian territory as possible,by detonating there own nukes in there own airspace,but Russia was not a threat!! IMO this missile system is irrelevant with the type of ware fare we are seeing in the 21'st century,if Iran strikes it will be in Israel,If Russia strikes it will be USA mainland . I do agree with the previous poster,this shield is upsetting the nuclear balance and unnecessarily putting the planet at risk,it is not a shield at all, it is a magnet.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by all2human]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
reply to post by magicmushroom

they have more nukes, but we have about twice the number of deliverable nukes...

check out global secuirty for more information.

so what if we have more deliverable nukes... This is not a game of who has the better missile! Even if theirs is out dated from the 1960s im sure it will do enough damage to one of our major cities if it got through..... Its mind bloggling to think that just because ours are more "deliverable" its ok to mess with Russia..... silly !

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As a Citizen of the United States of America I plan to buy few months worth of ammunition and a few new guns. See we Americans sleep with guns and we mastered them over 100 years ago. All i have to say is Russia better keep their heads down when they hear the words M82 Barrett

Those vehicles they call APV's will look like swiss cheese if they so desire.....Cowboys are ruthless Mr. Bear

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cydonia2012

i never said that, the OP of the post i replied to made a false statement about Russia having more nukes (as if it really matters) which is not true because of the 12k we have in service we are able to deliver about 6k of them, and i believe that russia has about 16k, and can deliver like 3k of them.

russia is nothing, they are beating their chests, puffing up like a puffer fish, they want to seem bigger and badder then they are. their economy almost collapsed a few years ago, and they are JUST now getting money to start pouring into the military, we have been doing it non-stop since the 1940's... i never said it was ok to pick a fight with Russia, but if they want to go toe to toe with the worlds only hyper power, then i say give them just enough rope to hang themselves with.

[edit on 8/21/08 by SRTkid86]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

Another big problem.

When no other country decided to help each other The United States of America that stood for freedom helpe other countrys out.

When/where? I am not talking about the American people obviously but about the national security apparatus ( as per reference to Michael Parenti's work) that controls the freedom destroying US foreign policy.

In Americas past in all these wars America has become the Freedom Fighters, the warriors to fight for those who could not.

Then CAME RELIANCE

Sure and while we are busy with popular mythology who would Dick be if Bush is King Arthur? Truly the land of Idols.

America became a figure to use. When countrys go down they ask for the U.S. Help if others go down they blame the U.S.

Show me one functional democracy where the people have every been polled to ask them if they wanted US assistance in anything. In fact why don't we poll the people of the 50+ countries where the US have staged coup's, wars or undermined the democratic process in severe ways.

America has become known for its history in trying to protect the world.

It's a sad fact that many Americans in fact believes this. It's never been close to accurate but this particular myth does seem to be quite resilient.

AND ONCE YOU ENGRAVE AN IDOL

It is hard to destroy an idol. The symbol will live on for eternity Just like in all of history America has left its mark.

The American people have achieved plenty of things other wish to emulate but there are few actions the US national security state has taken on the world stage that citizens of other nations are happy about or would wish to see repeated.

So America still stands to a past record that ist not NECCESSARINGLY proud of but we have to continue to uphold.

Since Americans never voted for a foreign interventionist strategy few are proud or happy when they discover what has been done in their name; i have very rarely met Americans that were proud of their countries foreign actions who had much knowledge about them.

If any country thinkgs America has become weak the greed will come and they will Persue to become the next great IDOL. [/quoe]

I don't think Americans are greedy beyond compare and i don't think they wont fight when they are in fact really threatened.

America is burdened to be the SAVIOR of the WORLD because we once beleive in freedome and one beleived that others should have it.

Well that's the illusion that have been created for the average American citizen but on closer inspection it's deceit, misinformation and worse. The people who run the terrorist state that is the US desperately wants to convince Americans that they are somehow benefiting from spending hundreds of a billions of dollars on a 'defense budget' hence the propaganda about 'freedom' and liberating others from the very tyrants the CIA and others installed.

Now there is no rest because there will never be freedom in this CORRUPT world.

There wont be much freedom in a great many countries until the US national security state is overthrown by American citizens or destroyed by foreign alliances. It would cost far fewer lives if Americans did it themselves but it's clearly a slow process with some spectacular victories here and there.

America is Burdedned to do the right thing. and SO IT DOES.
--Edit because its not a reply... just a statement ----------------

Americans may at this point be feeling pretty guilty but the tax dollars paid is most certainly not going to fund a state that is doing anything approximating 'right' for anyone but a few evil men.

And i'm not surprised that your interested in making grandiose statements about issues you clearly have no comprehension of.

Stellar

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
reply to post by Cydonia2012

i never said that, the OP of the post i replied to made a false statement about Russia having more nukes (as if it really matters) which is not true because of the 12k we have in service we are able to deliver about 6k of them, and i believe that russia has about 16k, and can deliver like 3k of them.

russia is nothing, they are beating their chests, puffing up like a puffer fish, they want to seem bigger and badder then they are. their economy almost collapsed a few years ago, and they are JUST now getting money to start pouring into the military, we have been doing it non-stop since the 1940's... i never said it was ok to pick a fight with Russia, but if they want to go toe to toe with the worlds only hyper power, then i say give them just enough rope to hang themselves with.

[edit on 8/21/08 by SRTkid86]

so they have 3k deliverable and they are nothing?

Can you imagine what that means? THey deliver 3k to us we deliver 6k to them... We're not playing Civilization on our PCs here, this is the existance the human race and life on this planet we're playing with and unfurtunately the players at the table have egos bigger than we could afford to mess with!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by umbracode
reply to post by NOTurTypical

bible?
hahhaha the bibble is justa "copy/paste" made by jewsih who copied everything from other civilization like the sumerian,assirians,and babilonian.
Omg in 2008 there's still someone believing in "bibble"
That's why th world is colapsing.

LOL, silly man, Satan founded those cultures in the beginning of time. He also knew what would happen at the end.

It's obvious they are similar, their "father" knew these events to. the difference between everything else in the world and the Word of God is whom you are required to serve.

I don't doubt for a minute that these ancient pagan societies had stories similar to those in the Bible, their father was Satan.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
I don't think Russia is going to start a nuclear war. The most they will do is try to increase their influence in South America and hit Europe with oil restrictions. This is not WW3 yet folks...breathe

I agree that Russia is not likely to start a nuclear war in the near term, nor is the United States. However, I disagree that the "most they will do is try to increase their influence..." There are other important, but subtle possibilities that are going on right now.

Under the Nunn-Lugar Comprehensive Threat Reduction Act, both Russia and the United States are dismantling their weapons with oversight from one another. The national lab I used to work at is one of the labs involved in this project. In fact, my spouse (who still does work at the lab) regularly goes to Russia for just this purpose - to monitor the dismantling of Russia nuclear weapons and to monitor the downblending of their pits into non-weapons grade materials.

So another very important aspect of all of these developments is that the national labs (there are several involved in this project) and sort of in limbo right now waiting to see if upcoming visits into Russia for the purposes of monitoring the downblending are going to be denied. While this is certainly not WWIII, this is very much more than just a slap on the wrist, if it comes to pass - this threatens the long term commitment to disarmament that both countries have had in the past many years. This would not be a good development. I assure you, this is not some idle hypothetical, but it is something that people here (and at other labs) are very much concerned about. I don't think any of us want to see our direction in the disarmament arena be reversed.

The second potential impact this could have (and this is more hypothetical than the above, but is still being discussed at this lab and others) is that in the absence of both countries monitored, good-faith efforts towards disarmament, there becomes less incentive not to resume nuclear testing. The astute observer will note that the United States was a signatory of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, but did not ratify it. Thus, the United States still has a legal "right" to test weapons, should they decide to do so. And weapons development has certainly been ongoing during the self-imposed test ban since the last test in 1994. However, the "testing" to date has all been subcritical testing (nuclear-testus-interruptus, sort of) and computer modeling.

In other words, there are many subtle things at stake here too. Subtle, but very important to the future of the United States, Russia and the world.

For those interested in how the disarmament monitoring works: All of the monitoring is done essentially "behind a curtain" (not a literal curtain, of course, but metaphorical) - they cannot directly see our weapons nor we theirs - Why? Because to see each other's weapons would give away important classified weapons designs on both sides - thus the monitoring is indirect - nonetheless, this is very important work for the world and its hopes of disarmament. Also - once the material is downblended, we ironically buy it from Russia and use it in our nuclear power plants in the United States. (Some of) your electricity is literally from Russia with love...

Woody

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonia2012

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

very true.... so when is the Russian invasion of Israel gonna start?

When Israel attacks Iran to stop her nuclear ambitions. That is why the Illuminati are fanning the cold war flames, so when we come to Israel's aid when all arab nations along with Russia attack Israel there will be WW 3.

The antichrist will arise out of the economic collapse and smoke of ww3 and will have all the sparkling and rose smelling solutions for the world. It will be a fake peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
once again, just in case someone is still confused about this... namely YOU.

i am not advocating any kind of stand off or war with Russia, im simply saying that they know there is nothing to gain from launching nukes at us, or anyone that is alligned with us. the same way we know there would be nothing to gain from nuking them. therefore no nukes will be launched, this is going to turn into AT WORST another cold war type situation, which in some ways is not all bad. no all out war occurs, and the economies of both countries start booming as a result of the build up and developement of new weapons.

what im trying to say is that, the people who run this country, and Russia. as much as some anti-american band wangoneers would like to think are not all that stupid, and are definately not hell bent on destroying the earth. they understand the implications of getting into a nuclear war with Russia. that is why it won't happen.

what i am saying is that IMO, sans the nukes, i am most definately not afraid of anything that Russia could do to us.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I dont know if this has been mentioned here but will add it anyhow as soo important, which is why I did the superthread, because of where this is going.

The Missile Defense Shield is accepted by all researchers and experts in this area as being at most 30% effective in stopping a nuclear attack on the US.

The US would be ashes! destroyed, barren, like the rest of the world.

The Missile Defense Shield is only of any use in the scenario of a:

FIRST STRIKE BY THE USA.

And then to stop the few if any retaliations able to be performed by Russia.

Other countries except china do not have ICBM missiles so this has only one enemy to use it on, Russia.

How could it stop an Iranian missile in Poland? If the Iranians get ICBM's, and recent events show they might soon, these missiles and those from china would BE IN SPACE UNTIL OVER THE USA.

This entire system is useless, when the payload is in space this system cant hit them!

It is rocket science guys, but not really when talking about the above!

cant you see?

Google , see I cant be bothered to show to be honest unless you grasp this part of the issue the rest is just hot air.

Tell a lie long enough and they will believe it eh?

Kind Regards,

Elf.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
But hey, don't take my word for it. Listen to Albert Pike, the founder of the Illuminati, he told you what/who the 3rd world war would be with:

Let's see if Albert Pike was correct about the first world war:

(Written in 1871)

"The First World War must be brought about in order to permit the Illuminati to overthrow the power of the Czars in Russia and of making that country a fortress of atheistic Communism. The divergences caused by the "agentur" (agents) of the Illuminati between the British and Germanic Empires will be used to foment this war. At the end of the war, Communism will be built and used in order to destroy the other governments and in order to weaken the religions."

Check.

Okay, 2nd world war?:

"The Second World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences between the Fascists and the political Zionists. This war must be brought about so that Nazism is destroyed and that the political Zionism be strong enough to institute a sovereign state of Israel in Palestine. During the Second World War, International Communism must become strong enough in order to balance Christendom, which would be then restrained and held in check until the time when we would need it for the final social cataclysm."

Check. (Hmmm, were 'Zionism' and 'Nazism' even words in 1871?)

Well, Albert what will the Illuminati do for a 3rd world war?:

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

Oh cool, we have to endure a horrible war that will kill billions then you turds will force feed us the 'pure doctrine of Lucifer'.

Sounds good.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

what im trying to say is that, the people who run this country, and Russia. as much as some anti-american band wangoneers would like to think are not all that stupid, and are definately not hell bent on destroying the earth. they understand the implications of getting into a nuclear war with Russia. that is why it won't happen.

Ummm, for over 60 years the Illuminati have been building underground bases for themselves. Do you know what their 1st goal or commandment is?

1. Maintain the global population at 500,000,000.

How are we gonna get from 6 billion to 500 million??

Hmmmmm, I wonder.

Their "10 commandments" are written in stone too, just like Moses's were.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join