It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns of response to U.S. shield

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmanjack

I have said it over and over.. Only a truly suicidal idiot of a leader is going to initiate nuclear warfare. And i don't think Bush or Putin is that stupid.. Yes they are both dumber then bricks but not that dumb.

A suicidal idiot like is a religious nut who thinks the world is coming to an end because some bible tells him so? Because he feels that god talks to him and he is telling him to nuke Russia or invade the middle east. Yes I DO feel Bush has it in him. This is what happens when you give a religious nut nukes and Im not just talking about Muslim nuts because ALL religions have their nuts and frankly the Angelicals are crazy.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Originally posted by wolfmanjack

I have said it over and over.. Only a truly suicidal idiot of a leader is going to initiate nuclear warfare. And i don't think Bush or Putin is that stupid.. Yes they are both dumber then bricks but not that dumb.

A suicidal idiot like is a religious nut who thinks the world is coming to an end because some bible tells him so? Because he feels that god talks to him and he is telling him to nuke Russia or invade the middle east. Yes I DO feel Bush has it in him. This is what happens when you give a religious nut nukes and Im not just talking about Muslim nuts because ALL religions have their nuts and frankly the Angelicals are crazy.

I hope for all of our sakes you are wrong.. I really do man. Because if your right we can all kiss our arse goodbye.

I have even posted about how the religious nuts are trying to bring about the biblical 'End of the world' in other posts.

Yea Bush is a Christian nut case.. I will agree with you on that one.

I think my stance on religion and the people who believe in god etc is pretty well known. I think they all are irrational idiots. Mind you .. The Religious indoctrination from youth is pretty intense and many people even faced with the truth will not understand or even give it a chance. Most of them never have a chance to form their own opinions.. Let alone think for themselves. The government and religious wackos do all that for them now days.

I wish the people of the world would wake up to reality though.....

[edit on 21-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
Magic Mushroom

Delta does not represent all Americans

Magic Mushroom does not represent all antiAmericans

Thanks for making the obvious more so.

Grow up. The problem is the hate that humans have for each other... Its Childish and overrated.

Hate is something you can display towards people you know and since most of do not know the rest it's most certainly not part of the problems we are facing. How did you arrive at the conclusion that 'hate' is a major problem in this world as compared to a lack of education, poverty, political instability and the like?

This Planet Makes Me Sick.

So leave, please?

Stellar

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

No, I'd see it as a waste of their time and money. Who would they be defending? Themselves? Missiles based in Mexico would have no chance in hell of intercepting anything fired from the continental U.S. towards Russia.

And would missiles based in Poland have a chance in hell intercepting anything fired from Iran at Europe,or North Korea at the US?

Make no mistake about it, America is threatening to take measures to defend itself and its allies while Russia is threatening to nuke the U.S. and its allies unless we meet every last one of its demands. And you clowns think that makes the U.S. the bad guys!

Which Russia have only done after a direct threat off the US.Iran is the same.The US make a threat and Iran show aggression.This is an age old tactic and a skill perfected by the Romans.Make them look like the bad guys so you can look righteous.

Actually, they might have been right after the fall of Communism. But then you had the rise of Putin. Since then, Russia has threatened to move troops back to the European border and start aiming nuclear weapons at Europe again. And let's not forget that they've flown nuclear-capable bombers directly at your airspace. All this sends one message, and one message alone: "We're going to destroy you." Somehow, you're reading the message as "We love you but the United States is making us be evil!"

This only happened after the US and Poland agreed to have defense shield.This doesn't mean i agree with Russia's tactics coz lets face it,its extreme.But in a way it is understandable.The US have already started two illegal wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and they've been itching to start one with Iran.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Until this happened I thought and hoped Russia was headed toward becoming a true Democracy. When Putin eliminated the free press it started to look bad. I think this caught us off guard.

And these days America is such a democratric place ain't it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
The US should back down and shut up, and stop poking the bear... The US has caused enough trouble for the last couple of years and should stop trying to annoy everyone.

I for one am sick of the US acting like they're the rulers of the world.

it is obvious that this administration is trying everything it can to set up a false flag situation...they have no reason to want peace or to even try to work with other nations. they have demonstrated that they are actively persueing conflict. they want this country attacked again and they are doing everything to enable that.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The Russians are notorious for trying to throw their weight around, but it seems to me the only ones they they pick on are smaller countries who can't really defend themselves. The United States cannot afford to "play nice with these guys. The only thing the Russians understand and fear is power. If we fail to confront them, they will percieve this as weakness and will begin to absorb the countries on their border and re-establish the old USSR.
They will not dare to use nuclear weapons on Poland. The world backlash would be too great. Unfortunately, the rest of the world expects the US to take the lead, then we are critizied because we stand up to the bullies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You cannot make a slave of free man. The most you can do is kill him.
Robert Anson Heinlein

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Unfortunately, the rest of the world expects the US to take the lead, then we are critizied because we stand up to the bullies.

You just said a mouthful right there. I did a thread on this here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

about how the Europeans sit back and force the more than happy US government and its bankers to take the lead on this crap. Then they sit back and dog on the Americans for being cocky and wanting to take over the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Bush and his DoD Admin. are close now to giving the "Left Behind" "Jesus is Coming" people just what they want - a bright light and a quick burn!

I for one would like to continue this beautiful ride and let my 2 year old son experience a full life!

Why can't they tone it down a bit - why do they have to keep lighting fires in places that guarantee our eventual demise and destruction.

"sigh"

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

If you can shoot down russian missles from within Poland - couldnt you shoot down the same missles from Cuba from within the US or some island base or ship?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The US should back down and shut up, and stop poking the bear... The US has caused enough trouble for the last couple of years and should stop trying to annoy everyone.

Back down? The US is simply cooperating with European nations in creating a PURELY DEFENSIVE missile shield that will hopefully protect all of us from rogue nations, such as Iran. It is a defense that is desperately needed these days with the proliferation of long range missiles and missile technology, mainly by North Korea, Iran and Syria.

Furthermore, Russia has been offered the opportunity to take part in this missile defense system. The fact that they object to it, and you seem to support them, is absurd. Russia is mad that their ability to nuke NATO member nations may be limited. Awww... what a pitty! I suppose you think we should just bend over and make things easier for them. How about we paint giant bulls eyes over our major cities and military bases so that they can aim their nukes at us better? Or maybe we should just let them keep their nukes here so that they can just press a button and detonate them whenever they need to. I mean, I'd hate for our government to have the audacity to try protecting us and our free allies from a nuclear holocaust. That's just insane, right?

But you're right. We should stop "trying to annoy everyone". Because that's exactly what we're trying to do. We're spending hundreds of billions of dollars, not to protect ourselves and our allies, but to annoy Vladimir Putin and others.

And just in case anyone didn't notice, my last two paragraphs were littered with sarcasm. I'd hate for anyone here to think that I actually share the same logic as the cited poster.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Russia is mad that their ability to nuke NATO member nations may be limited. Awww... what a pitty!

You really don't get it. The ability to nuke each other in roughly equal proportion is the foundation of nuclear deterrence and the cornerstone of peace in classical nuclear era, i.e. Russia vs West. It's a delicate balance and it works. Nobody should mess with it.

Think about this: why are bulletproof vests illegal in most jurisdictions in the US? Surely they are a defense measure... Think... Think... Think...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If Russia respond equally then fine let them, they have every right to. What they don't have the right to do is to threaten nuclear retaliation against countries, it is entirely disproportionate, excessive and aggressive.

One question though, doesn't the US already have missile defence capabilities in Israel to counter any rogue missiles from the Middle East?!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

Looks like this kool-aid drinker makes his own special blend of total crap. Maybe Next time he'll spare us his tilted opinion and resume his nightly orgy of MTV's The Hills and Project Runway.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
So we are putting "defensive" missles in Poland to defend Europe from possible Iranian missles?
Who exactly are we defending? I would think that we would put missles in Western Europe as well, Italy, France, Spain, England, Germany right? Why only the Baltic states? Are Poland, the Ukraine and Georgia major Iranian targets? Where are the Western European "defensive" missles? Kind of silly to have misssles in Poland to defend against a missle launched towards Rome for example ! This seems all a ploy by this administration to annoy Russia but for what reason? There are many factors we may not know that are playing into this ... who knows the real reason behind all this, and like some mentioned, if Russia never intends to use their nukes why would they even care that these missles are there? Im sure this will be responded by Putin putting some kind of prescence in Cuba and Venenzuela in the near future. Lets see how the Bush admininstration likes that and how they respond to it. All this is really leading us down the road to another Cold War / confrentation with Russia. What scares the hell out of me is that we dont have JFK in the WhiteHouse making key decisions this time around...........

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cydonia2012

They do have missile defence capabilities already in Western Europe!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth

They do have missile defence capabilities already in Western Europe!!

oh my bad, I wasn't aware of that... Is it similar to the one being put in Poland? or is it an EU developed system?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Well at present they have a significant missile defence radar system in Scotland and i believe other sites too, i shall try find a source for you..

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Russia is mad that their ability to nuke NATO member nations may be limited. Awww... what a pitty!

You really don't get it. The ability to nuke each other in roughly equal proportion is the foundation of nuclear deterrence and the cornerstone of peace in classical nuclear era, i.e. Russia vs West. It's a delicate balance and it works. Nobody should mess with it.

Think about this: why are bulletproof vests illegal in most jurisdictions in the US? Surely they are a defense measure... Think... Think... Think...

OFcourse it shouldnt be messed with... Putting these missles on the Russian border put them at a major disavantage if ever we were to launch against them, they would be sitting ducks as their retaliatory launch would be mainy ineffective due to the shield.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Back down? The US is simply cooperating with European nations in creating a PURELY DEFENSIVE missile shield that will hopefully protect all of us from rogue nations, such as Iran. It is a defense that is desperately needed these days with the proliferation of long range missiles and missile technology, mainly by North Korea, Iran and Syria.

Furthermore, Russia has been offered the opportunity to take part in this missile defense system. The fact that they object to it, and you seem to support them, is absurd. Russia is mad that their ability to nuke NATO member nations may be limited. Awww... what a pitty! I suppose you think we should just bend over and make things easier for them. How about we paint giant bulls eyes over our major cities and military bases so that they can aim their nukes at us better? Or maybe we should just let them keep their nukes here so that they can just press a button and detonate them whenever they need to. I mean, I'd hate for our government to have the audacity to try protecting us and our free allies from a nuclear holocaust. That's just insane, right?

But you're right. We should stop "trying to annoy everyone". Because that's exactly what we're trying to do. We're spending hundreds of billions of dollars, not to protect ourselves and our allies, but to annoy Vladimir Putin and others.

And just in case anyone didn't notice, my last two paragraphs were littered with sarcasm. I'd hate for anyone here to think that I actually share the same logic as the cited poster.

Theres no point to any of this, its all human ignorance! The best way to prevent such a disaster is to eliminate nukes from the face of the earth all together, that of couse is impossible because of the nature of human beings. With the latest developments it looks to me that Syria, Iran, North Korea are the least of our worries, as the superpowers US/Russia are the ones acting like rouge nations with thier reddoric and threats going back and forth! These useless leaders on both sides need to wake up and realize its not 1978 anymore, we're in the 21st century and its really time to grow up!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join