It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncensored NASA Moon Images!!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by euclid
I see all kinds of crazy stuff in there
.... but I am known to have an overactive imagination:

Am I crazy?

-Euclid

Darn! I can't find Orion's post with those strange formations you've annotated. Can you tell me where the heck it is?

Thanks!

Here's the link Mike: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm going to install one of my 3D proggys on the NLE station and see what I can do with a model of this stuff.

-Euclid

[edit on 26-8-2008 by euclid]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
errrrr

the link above should have been:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by euclid

Ahh...Thanks! Here's one for the road...

Highlighted..

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Lucky '7'!

Sure we do that all the time... marks for towns and old mines all across Nevada

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Sure we do that all the time... marks for towns and old mines all across Nevada

Hmmm...So is that something to do with old mines on the Moon??

[edit on 26-8-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
On august 25 12:42 (page 37) ArMaP enhanced the photo. We see the same crater, the same black puddles, we see no spire.Where did it go?
I did not enhanced the photo, the first photo I posted is another source for that image, I only enhanced the image I posted, I never used Mikesingh's image.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

In fact, the image you used was a low quality image, with many JPEG artifacts, and that is what I think the "spire" is, the result of the JPEG algorithm to show that whiter area of the crater.

Judging by the size of the JPEG artifacts, your image was resized to 600%, and although it has more or less the same colours of the image I posted it has more or less the same artifacts as this image.

It would be easier if you could say where did you got that picture...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Anomalous area highlighted in blue....

[edit on 26-8-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
It would be easier if you could say where did you got that picture...

Bingo! Here it is..(Thanks to zorgon for finding it for me!
)

AS16-121-19407 - Oblique view of rim of Guyot crater on lunar farside as seen by Apollo 16.

science.ksc.nasa.gov...

here...

science.ksc.nasa.gov...

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
star and flag - thanks for these images Mike Singh! I'm still plowing my way through the 38 pages of posts but want to ask about the letters.

the A S E X or T to me that seems very interesting. When archeologists are asked what proof they need for underwater structures to differentiate manmade from natural - the ideal is some form of writing on the stones. Here you have structures in close proximity that are seemingly in letter form - all of similar dimensions and possibly near a tower.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on that? I'll go back to reading all the pages (at 15 now) incase this has come up already.

thanks again for all the pictures and links - all of you!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

A giant, toppled Jesus cross on the surface of the Moon, now that makes sense. (Jesus, just having flown in from the Moon and sitting right next to me, nods)
Why did the moderator let my reactions through? It's clear that you guys don't take any prohibitions or careful considerations serious, this site is literally screaming "The Existence Of Aliens Is Even Truer Than The Brooklyn Bridge, The Pyramids And The Tax Collecting Department All Together!"
By posting them, you may have endangered some people's time. What I wrote, is not what they want to read.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

science.ksc.nasa.gov...

Cheers!

It supposedly is a lava flow:

An oblique view of a rim of Guyot crater on the lunar farside, as photographed from the Apollo 16 spacecraft in lunar orbit. The coordinates of the center of Guyot crater are 116.5 degrees east longitude and 10.5 degrees north latitude. Note the black coloration which appears to be lava flow down the side of the crater rim

Source: images.jsc.nasa.gov... 16-121-19407

EDIT: I just saw that Zorgon had said the exact same thing two pages before, sry.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

I do not think that the moon has, or has ever had, plate tectonics that could cause a lava flow:

The surface of the moon shows no evidence of plate tectonics; to the contrary the numerous impact craters preserved on its surface show that it has been stable for most of its 4.5 billion year old history.

source - ask a scientist

How can there be lava flow when the moon has no molten core, no plate tectonics, and is hollow?

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The crater next to the crater with the spike/lava is called Lobachevskiy and has a big cave in its side, as discussed here:

www.anomalies.net...

Apollo 16 photo of the Lobachevskiy cave:

Clementine picture of the Lobachevskiy cave:

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPI did not enhanced the photo, the first photo I posted is another source for that image, I only enhanced the image I posted, I never used Mikesingh's image.

Soooo Mike used an Uncensored Version (in keeping with the OP ) and ArMaP found a different version..

One shows the spire clearly... one does not

Curious that, hmmm?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

It does not look like lava, and that place should not have lava, it's a crater rim, unless they are talking about old lava.

And although the Moon is, apparently, not geologically active, I suppose that there could be some areas of lava at the surface, many features we see are volcanic features.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid
I do not think that the moon has, or has ever had, plate tectonics that could cause a lava flow:

Well I am curious then how the Mares came to be then? They say they are Basalt... Basalt is lava... They are obviously flat areas... They say that Meteorites punched a hole that filled with Lava... They say there is no molten core... meteorites would not be hot long enough to melt the rock so that it would fill such a large area with a lava flow

They are giving me a headache

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
It does not look like lava, and that place should not have lava, it's a crater rim, unless they are talking about old lava.

Well when you mine from a cavern... you have to put the dirt somewhere. The dirt from inside would be darker... Astronomers have reported for years that there are changes on the moon, dust and vapor clouds, and lights of all colors

In fact NASA recently confirmed the lights and the dust storms and is starting to tell us there 'may' be volcanic activity

"I come before you to stand behind you to tell you something I know nothing about...." by ______________ (fill in appropriate speaker)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Retrieving the 'Big picture' now... I am also going to look for it in the color Clementine set

Okay the big one... good for 24 hrs... get it while its hot
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 26-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Outstanding find. A cave on the moon.
Wonder if there are any plants growing inside it?

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join