It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Quadrennial Exploitation" / "Disgusting election taints" sources [ExposeD]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Thanks XT,

Whether or not to vote in the presidential elections is a hard choice when one is not moved by either candidate.

Not voting or voting "blank" is unrewarding and makes a minimal statement at best, especially when half the country doesn't bother to show up at all.

I have found that many people have their priorities upside down.
We pay the most attention to the elections that affect us the least, and the least attention to the ones that affect us the most.

Personally, I try to find out the most about my local candidates. It's the local elections that impact our daily lives the most.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I have found that many people have their priorities upside down.
We pay the most attention to the elections that affect us the least, and the least attention to the ones that affect us the most.

I agree fully with this observation. Maybe we should make our presidential running mates use "American Idol" as the venue of choice for debates and elections.

Or was the Merovingian in the Matrix correct in saying that choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without.

Will voting fix the system or perpetuate it?

peace

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
You have a pointer (POST) in this paragraph that seem to point to Articles of the Constitution etc is this what you meant to point to? puz:

Perhaps I left the "pointer" too wide open. The part I referred to can be found in one of the External Source boxes in that post: The point being that Ron Paul had already publicly announced that all Government Officers are Constitutionally required to provide significant answers to all proper Petitions for Redress of Grievances...And yet completely failed to respond to 7 proper Petitions submitted to him from the We The People organization (a non-partisan group promoting education of the Constitution & the restoration of Constitutional Order). This is why I said (up above) that even Ron Paul has chinks in his armor...But it may be the fault of his legislative staff, so I'm deferring judgment on that for now.

I just wanted to provide a list of activist web sites from across the political spectrum.

Damn, did you just have to go through the whole alphabet? I still haven't had any time to look over your first list of links yet!

I usually stick with non-partisan groups, perhaps leaning slightly conservative...After all real conservatives will try to conserve the Constitution, not the "status quo" heading to tyranny. And yet, I didn't see any of the links I've got included in your list. Since you've effectively covered both sides in your list, perhaps, with this quote in mind...

Whether or not to vote in the presidential elections is a hard choice when one is not moved by either candidate.

...Perhaps I can add a few "medium" websites. Some of these have some real practical uses, other than to merely provide info. I've also got direct links to my State Officers & my Federal Representatives' Offices.

If I may indulge myself a bit.

Bill of Rights Defense Committee
Common Cause
Congress.org
Congressional EMail Directory
Track Congress
J.A.I.L. 4 Judges
Just Foreign Policy
Move On: Not non-partisan, but good for info, if taken with a grain of salt.
Numbers USA
Open Secrets
Open the Government
Populist Party: Another that's not non-partisan.
Renew America
Save the Internet
The Kick Them All Out Project
Veterans for Common Sense
...And of course, the We the People website linked just above this list.

Feel free to dive in, forebrain first!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Should anyone be inclined to either research or join an anti-Obama blog.
Below is a useful site that compiles them:

Not Obama Volunteer

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Quick question SD,I really don't have the time or brain matter to delve into all your links you have listed,although I did look at a couple from the begening to get a jest of what you were getting at(the links were extremly rude)but my question is,if you will indulge me,are there any links to these types of unfounded slander on McCain?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
Quick question SD,I really don't have the time or brain matter to delve into all your links you have listed,although I did look at a couple from the begening to get a jest of what you were getting at(the links were extremly rude)but my question is,if you will indulge me,are there any links to these types of unfounded slander on McCain?

I found these just now, I will look for more.
I haven't checked the content yet so I don't know how aggressive and divisive they are.
I will check for more.

The Purple State
College Conservative Movement
Hold Your Nose
NoJohn.com
Troy LaPlante's Blog
McCain Source
Dump McCain
Republican Tea Party
Republicans Against Maverick McCain
Stop John McCain 2008
Republicans Against McCain Facebook Group
McCain's Lobbyists
The Real McCain

You will find the direct links on the blogroll atanti-mccain.net

[edit on 8/19/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Interesting thread and take care of an issue that even when the names had changed is one that we deal with 4 years ago during another elections.

I think this year will be better, the ATS leadership are now more prepared and ready this time around.

While some may see post and thread that seems horrible, I had seen worst.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well I can multi task. You inferno WW! LMAOF. The elections, what can you say. To the highest bidders you have your leader.
Only in America.
Don't want to cut into family guy. Arrrghhh.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

jpm... "Family Guy" was SOOO last night....and a re-run anyway.

NOW, it's Keith Olberman!!!

BUT!!! funny, as always....hey! Wanna learn to fly?

Oh, well....everyone knows how to now, because of Bill Gates!!!

EDIT....Spelling!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Stella!!!!

AND his evil....MICROSOFT!!!! (tm)

[edit on 8/19/0808 by weedwhacker]

SECOND EDIT....if NO ONE gets the jokes, nor the references....then I'm clearly losing my touch.

Go rent a funny movie....I reccommend either...."Best In Show".....or, (one with Meryl Streep....I'd pay to hear her read the phone book.....just saw here in "Mama Mia"....she'sa fabulous....)

BUT, Meryl was not in "Best in Show"....it was an Albert Brooks film....Google 'Differences', and Abert Brooks, then NetFlix it....you'll probably love it, especially if you're a Meryl Streep fan!!!!

Oh....thouht I was in a U2U....oh well, it stays....called 'STET!

Enjoy!!!!

SECOND EDIT....nah! Will leave as is....

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You know WW. I really would. If I could stay sober enough. Maybe a glider ala John Denver at first.
Rocky mountain high. Hopefully not in the side of it.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

jpm....very funny....well, .....

I have no more to say.

John Denver, RIP.

Now, back to my cocktail.....and, I'm staying at home......

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You are all right WW. I like the heck out of you. Dang the one liner.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

jpm....can I now make you a friend?

See, two lines.

Nuzzle, nuzzle....now we have three!!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thank you SD you are very through in your endever,Oh,I agree on your Star Spangeled Banner choice.Good luck in trying to pull truth from humans.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Wow!

Very good job on this my friend.

You really have done a great job of uncovering who "they" are.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Sure WW rofllllll. But I have been smelling kind of funky lately. At your own risk. No whiskers either.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Nice research and I applaud you for your time and willingness to action this thread. Just been flicking though the pages, expecting one of the 3 amigos to drop in, maybe they got their ATS blindfolds on again

[edit on 20-8-2008 by crackerjack]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So off topic I am ashamed. On another rant/thread I said our election process is broken. Winner to the highest bidder and pacs.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
After a much needed and welcomed lull in personal political attack threads yesterday, it seems that "they" have regrouped. This was to be expected.

There are so many issues facing this country that are worth discussing, yet we find ourselves once more talking flags and half brothers.

I encourage everyone to be mindful of these deflections from the real issues and to make use of the information I provided in the OP. Not so much that every personal attack thread originates directly from the links in the OP, but to observe the culture and mentality of these attacks as so to see their transparent attempts to derail the political discourse.

Unless we're happy talking about flags.

[edit on 8/20/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hey Hey S-Dog,

This is the first chance I've had to drop in on your political sabotage unveiling
And my what an unveiling it was, kudos, star, flag, and some lip balm for the offending buttski's it probably chapped

The last 3 elections have been brutal in terms of voter registration fraud, counting the chad fraud, the Supreme court picking the winner etc etc, campaign contribution fraud, wanton not paying your campaign bill fraud and they seem to keep heating up as the country gets more polarized behind party lines...as seen on ATS!

I see old members say in this thread of yours that it was worse the last go around, and I am hear to say, it's still early, the saddle ain't even on the bucking bronco yet! This rodeo promises way worse as we get closer to November!

Most of us with two brain cells to rub together can quickly pick out the rabble rousers spewing the hate, so never fear my friend...the fact that it's a concentrated effort to smear one candidate or the other etc, is hardly surprising either, as polarized as the country is in general.

I really wish we ALL could stick to the "issues" however, that's hard to do when everything out of either camp is a lie, my friend. But thank you for pointing out the workings behind the scenes when it comes to the links you cited. That was a nice bit of research!

All we can do is slug it out in friendly debate on whatever issues either candidate is "for" that day, and weep for the future!

Strap in, we have the Vice Presidential nominees to look forward to! Let the poo-slinging commence!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join