It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States has lost its moral authority

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by namehere

Morality needs to be obeyed regardless.. America lost its morality when we invaded Iraq and afghanistan... the reason? Iraq and afgahnistan had nothing to do with 911... we all know AL QUAIDA is a cia fabrication.. and there are many questions marks surrounding 911.. so there was no basis for that invasion. Millions of people have died and are suffering because of our goverments actions.. all in the name of WAR ON TERROR.... Russia did what they had to do to protect there citizens.. 2000 citizens died under the georgian invasion.. and punished georgia accordingly.. this action is 100,000 times more justifiable then the Iraq and Afghanistan invasion.. remember most of the supposed hijackers were saudi arabian.. why did we not attack saudi arabia? so you are right about this goverment being selfish for our "leaders" attacked these countries for there own selfish reasons not for the good of the country... Heck we don't even have cheap gas ... there has not been on single benefit to the AMERICAN PEOPLE(but countless benefits for defense contractors and oil companies). At least the russian action directly benefits the south ossetian people. and the Russian security interests. Russia didn't have to fabricate lies and say there were WMD's to attack they merely reacted to the aggresor. Russia gains points with the world on this. And the U.S loses points because it looks like this was a U.S santioned action.... Russia found some American mercenaries with Georgian troops... I am sick of all this.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ever hear of the "bird"? That's what Russia is doing to short term Bush. Russia has got itself out of debt and is building more armed forces, like China.

The U.S. is third in the world or soon will be. Your wonderful Bush baby has screwed up the states so bad and sold it's assets to the rest of the world that you are just about impotent with no respect anymore, so go home and hide.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The U.S. is no different than any other government, all governments are the same.
I too, like the the Georgian people, love my country, but greatly dislike my government and it's evils. As long as there is evil, there will be evil people, and as long as there are evil people there will be evil governments.
It's a sad fact we have to live with, evil can't be killed with a gun, it's a mindest, it's something in the heart, it's an idealogy, and that is something that you can never kill, just like love.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thats fine with me. I'm all for closing our boarders and becoming isolationists for a while. Let the world get ass raped by Russia and China for a while.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You gotta admit, there is something to be said for 'isolationism'. That's what they would call it if the United States were to protect its citizens from the abuse of the elite leadership. Soon they'll start the propaganda turning the true solution to this dilemma, into a dirty word.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

says who? my point is that there is no such thing as morality, it's merely an illusion to make one feel good & secure about themselves, their surroundings and their beliefs through social expectations of others.

i'm glad you think your morals can make war end, really, but don't disillusion yourself to think you know what is moral.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
america does things i do not agree with and yes im american... who the hell are any of you to talk about moral high ground when all you do is point fingers and talk badly about the american people not just the government... last time i checked taking the high ground would lead people to constructive informed discussion on resolving problems.... not this BS below the belt hate of the american people devisive hateful rhetoric all of it and it leads to no solutions you are all just as guilty as any american when it comes to this time wasting hateful tripe
i very very very rarely see a post by an american being judgemental of any foriegn people... if you wanna talk bad about our government fine just keep in mind that most americans are good salt of the earth hard working people stop belittleing us as a people and maybe look for this high road yourself cuz the low road your all on leads us all to hell

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth
Specifically which laws were broken concerning the Iraq war?

Have any idea?

That depends. Do you believe that the the Constitution is the highest form of law in the U.S., or just a God damned piece of paper?

If you believe that the Constitution is the highest form of law, then you may want to take note of Article 6.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land...

The U.S. was one of the first countries to sign the U.N. Charter, and since that signing we are legally bound under international and domestic law to obey it. The U.N. Charter became a part of "the supreme Law of the Land" in the U.S., and any violation of the U.N. Charter is a violation of the U.S. Constitution as well.

In regards to the U.N. charter, it condems the use of force unless the country is defending itself if/when attacked by another, or when authorized by the U.N. Security Council. The U.S. did not have authorization by the U.N. Security Council.

As to the notion of self defence, it has been thoroughly shown that Hussein had no connections to 9/11, and even the 9/11 Comission Report agreed that there was no evidence connecting Saddam. The WMD threat has also been shown to be largely exagerated (if not outright false). In short, Hussein posed no immediate threat to the U.S..

Given that there was no U.N. Security Council authorization, nor did Saddam pose an immediate threat to justify "self defence", the Iraq war is illegal under domestic and international law.

[edit on 8/16/08 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth
Specifically which laws were broken concerning the Iraq war?

Have any idea?

This may be of some help. Ron Suskind has released a new book " The way of the world"
The thrust of the text addresses the specifics of these Illegal acts. It is an excellent read which also talks in great depth about how America has lost its "Moral authority "
The short version is on youtube
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
When Russia is busy invading Europe who will Europe call for help?

When China is busy invading Asia who will Asia call for help?

When Iran is busy invading the Middle east, who will the Middle East call for help?

I find it ironic that when their ass is on the line they call us but when it isn't they condemn us.

No country has or has ever had moral authority. Every country wants something and will do anything to get it, moral or not.

I guess it's just the way one justifies it that determines if it is moral or not. Even then you will find people who disagree with that justification.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
moral authority,our government is the parent critisizing other parents and their children while it's children are running rampage....we need to fix ourselves before we can point fingers or lend hands (finger pointing is unneccessary)....we are the snobby rich kid that spoils away all his parents hard work and ends up under the feet of his once subordinates. like me telling my children not to smoke ,yet half of my day is spent with a cigarette,i hate smoking,nicotine is addictive causing people to smoke more than they probably would want,does uncle sam lift a hand,no,no morals to authoritate...............yes i understand my personal options,i'm just making a point.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
When Russia is busy invading Europe who will Europe call for help?

This would be the same USA that claims it won WW2 single-handedly when it was in fact the Soviets that did most of the hard work???

It is about time someone stood up to the USA and bring a little balance back to the world. The Russians aren't saints but they are the perfect counter to the neo-con NWO nightmare that the USA has become

The USA needs to remember that it isn't the only big kid on the block - go Russkies!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
None of the world has had any moral authority dating back to Nero and Caligula and the Roman empire.
Who is the offspring of these Emperors/Antichrists?
Could it be certain persons who are currently in high levels of power in this world?

That's a perfect way of thinking for the people who don't want to take responsibility about anything. (that,the "elite" concept and the "reptilians" concept)

That's why things keep going as they do...*sighs*

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I had actually seen some of these comments being made while I was watching some channel, don't remember which one. I found it very hypocritical for them to say some of the things they said, but what do you expect? When you do it it's wrong, not so much when i do it.
I think they are coming out with a definite "do as I say, not as I do."

[edit on 17-8-2008 by AgnosticX]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Sorry to burst your bubble of INTERNET rage but, he actually is right, by the time Bush leave office our nation has been torn so much apart by been sold to foreign nations that our politics and even our way of life may be dictated by those nations that are not even our friends to begin with.

Guess what China is one of them along wit Saudi Arabia and the Emirates it pays to give a littler more attention to what is going on with our nation's economical downfall and sell out.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

OMG "we lost our line to the press conference"
!!!!!!!

You cannot be serious.

I would love to know how she responded.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

i very very very rarely see a post by an american being judgemental of any foriegn people

....really?
I guess Darfur has come across your radar?
Iran.
North Korea
China
Sudan

I see those posts all of the time.....maybe your computer has a glitch that doesnt allow you to see them?

I agree with the OP

Every time america practices "do as i say, not as i do" we loose a little bit more of ourselves.

Internally and externally applied equally......its despicable that it has happened on this grand of a stage.

[edit on 8/17/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dj howls

Despite the Russian breakup I am a firm believer that Russia never left. In my view they chose to follow the Chinese example. They have been keeping a low profile while they reorganized. Now that we are playing politics in their previous blocs they are becoming more vocal.

All I am saying is that the majority of the time other countries expect the US to take the lead when all hell break out. Iran has more missiles capable of hitting Europe than missiles capable of reaching the United States. Yet Europe sits back and waits for the US to tackle the issue because Europe knows that their people don't support words of hostilities.

But if you want the Russkies to bring it on----well........Bring it on. My bet is on the USA.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
People tend to forget that the UN didnt not approve of the US attacking Iraq. No resolution allowing force whatsoever, thats why Bush and his pals went in alone.
So yeah they broke international law by invading a sovereign country.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join