It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Is my Grandfather a time traveler or a joker?[HOAX]

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tegmondy

gotta say - I don't even care if it's real or not

too cool

if your grandfather went to all the trouble to make this up - then I'm sorry I didn't know your grandfather - what a guy

if he didn't make this up, well...

if you made this up - nice

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss OP

this paper seems to be written in the mind set of the present paradigm using the same language of theoretical science using near common knowledge and alot of present day out of reach ideologies to the layman

not something written by people in a far more advanced paradigm, most of the science is written in present day scientific terms with few new terms and most allude to present day physics, and badly

sometimes I feel I am reading an employee manual for a fast food restaurant

we got alot less sophisticated in the future or this was written recently IMHO

no offense but I doubt this is genuine but I stay open to the possibilities that I am flat wrong

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
gotta love all the people ripping the poor spelling in these documents, with posts that contain multiple spelling errors of thier own.

oh the irony.

Face it, people make spelling errors. Some countries spell words differently, like defense, and defence, ect.

Just imagine what difference in spelling might exist in other "timelines".

As for the other reasons why i believe this is either a hoax or a prank played by gramps is one thing, but enough of the spelling errors.

The lot of you here are horrible spellers in your own right.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Not trying to be a party pooper over here but when you hear anyone say that you can travel to the past, or that we have visitors from the future it's ALWAYS a hoax. You can ONLY travel to the future, and more and more scientists are prooving this.
All that string theory and 11 dimensions is complete nonsence. They can't explain the universe so they go around changing it, adding dimensions after dimension until it fits the math... I think someone should kindly ask them, "Have you ever stop to think that maybe, just MAYBE what's wrong in the equation is the math and not the Universe?"

Check the different maths out there.

Most mind-boggling is Marko Rodin's Vortex based mathematics. Everyone thinks it's a scam until they go deep into it and get floored by how brilliant it is.

video.google.com...

The possibilities are endless

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I guess the OP will know for certain if the document is real or not by MIB knocking on his door and insisting he turn it over to them or it mysteriously disappears from his room while he's at school.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

That was a fun read. The only thing hanging me up on this is the quality of the type and the parchment style paper used. Not really importnant things but none the less they raise a flag. Other than that this is wonderful. The hellium mines, 3rd and 4th world war. If its real we have some exciting things to look forward to. And if fake you should elaborate on it and make it a novel. I would buy it.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

The lot of you here are horrible spellers in your own right.

As true as that is WTH does that have to do with it, I can be the worst speller in the world but that doesn't take away from the argument we are using that this is a Manual written by a highly funded establishment and yada yada yada. It would not and should not be that bad, so don't give me your high and mighty attitude, this argument is good and true, so we can use it all we want.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vehemens
Not trying to be a party pooper over here but when you hear anyone say that you can travel to the past, or that we have visitors from the future it's ALWAYS a hoax. You can ONLY travel to the future, and more and more scientists are prooving this.
All that string theory and 11 dimensions is complete nonsence. They can't explain the universe so they go around changing it, adding dimensions after dimension until it fits the math... I think someone should kindly ask them, "Have you ever stop to think that maybe, just MAYBE what's wrong in the equation is the math and not the Universe?"

Check the different maths out there.

Most mind-boggling is Marko Rodin's Vortex based mathematics. Everyone thinks it's a scam until they go deep into it and get floored by how brilliant it is.

video.google.com...

The possibilities are endless

www.youtube.com...

Just a word of advice, don't EVER say that. Science is a process of evolution and knowledge and changes each day as new things are discover. Also, don't ever discard a possibility just because we don't have enough knowledge or technology to understand it.

Either way, I'll be checking the video it looks promising

P.S I hope the OP answer my question and gets a picture of the background image so we find out who or what made that background.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
No offence intended. But I have no idea why some of you are congratulating the OP on his attemp at a hoax. I thought people didn't respect others toying with thier beliefs.
I thought this hoax was very poorly done. Although I must admit there was a little more effort put into this one then some of these kids and thier "OH NO!!! I have acne...am I an ALIEN?!?!?!?!"
But at the end of the day it still was somebody trying to get you to follow thier lies and deciet.

OK Im done..
oh ya, I almost forgot the mandatory:
But who am I to say anything....It could be real

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

well i call bs because whomever typed it up or originally wrote it, cant write for crap..

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
starred and flagged.

cute art project.

A for the visual stuff but, like, about a C- for the writing. another poster pointed out that no government manual would ever be written in that style. if you wanna sound like a government agency wrote it, it should be wordier, more grammatically precise, full of pointless details and maddeningly vague about specific stuff you might actually need to know. trust me here, i've read and written enough of the things.

the backstory about your grandfather was nice enough. i'd suggest you re-work it so it's more like a lovecraft backstory--include something where your grandfather had a mysterious visitor or was bumped by a mysterious stranger in the supermarket in the days before his death and that though he *seems* to have died of a heart attack you *did* notice a strange puncture wound and now you're wondering.....

perhaps your life is in danger! perhaps by posting this, you have put us all in danger! i think i hear something!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Neat thread, but I'm sorry the inconsistencies are just down right sad on this one. I don't think it was your Grandfather at all, I think you got bored. Of course this is only my opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
I have never said this document was valid.. all I have been saying is to stop badgering the OP and do not come to conclusions based on it's bad grammar.. Keep an open mind..

Hold on there, Free, the OP ASKED for the debunking, and that is what he got. BK is not badgering, but simply satisfieing one of the request of the OP. It is always bad manners to ask for someones opinion and then blast them when they give it, no matter how blunt the opinion may be.

For the record, I am not saying it is real or fake. I personally do not believe that time travel is possible for us, so I would tend to say fake, but that is an opinion only. Good day, sir.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The font looks like a variation of Lucida, I would say Lucida Console...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
One would think that the OP would ask his parent about his grandfather's life. Was he ever in an occupation that might lead to this experience.

Did his GF know others that might have supplied the manual. That really does not make sense though.

If I were in Op's position I would just look at it and say 'Hey, look at this forum people'. I would be a bit more curious about the background.

Does the Gregory mean anything to the OP?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
dont know if the story is true but what i find interesting is the phisics.
there is a man who goes by the name Nassim haramein and he believes that this is possible.
he gives presentations of Unified Field Theory (tetrahedron).
he can backup his believe because he has spent his lifetime researching fields of physics from quantum theory to relativistic equations and cosmology.

its on google video for those of interest.

video.google.nl...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
no disrespect but your the class A bullcrapper. how could you even put a story like this online. your writing wreaks of lies, without even looking at the book its obvious you are lying by these accounts.

you said:

The chest, as he said, was very important. he never said what, but I figured it was a ring, or money, or some antique

everyone knows including your grandfather that something as important as time travel is dangerous in the hands of someone that knows nothing about it..so he would have told someone in the family..even you as a child...stories of his adventures and the philosophy of traveling. many would have thought him a crazed old man with huge fish stories, but you would have known and been more enthralled and careful as to not put something so important on the net for others to see and use for negative purposes. and Grandad would have known this too.

then you said:

Then my mother said I could keep it, and that it probably wasn't that important.

why the heck would something your Grand dad told her was important, would she just give to you and state...its probably "WASN"T" important? Its her dad....everything is important when your parents die, especially if they tell you ITS IMPORTANT.

note: when making a story up to infiltrate the net and become HUGE like big foot..remember or make sure there are not other similarities out there like the movie DONNIE DARKO and Miss Sparrow who wrote a book similar in the movie...NEVER EVER add that your dead relative noted it was important and that your mother said it was probably nothing....thats where you got busted, but I can say it was a really good try.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join