It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Is my Grandfather a time traveler or a joker?[HOAX]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

But we aren't basing it just on bad grammar, thats part of it. But you seem to be ignoring the rest. Still looking up anthropology my dear watson?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by teflon_superhero

who knows tef. most likely this was taken from another source.. story teller or what not. Maybe, I'll run a few searches and see if this text was lifted or not. If not, the 14 year old sure has a great story teller in him

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

That is a totally seperate degree... Anthropology is not forsenic science.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Show me where it says forsenic science in your degree... I know in UM its a different degree then anthropology.. And I can't seem to find references... I may be wrong. But if you could post a reference that would connect forsenics science to anthropolology I would greatly appreciate it. I do know its a different degree.. down here.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

who knows tef. most likely this was taken from another source.. story teller or what not. Maybe, I'll run a few searches and see if this text was lifted or not. If not, the 14 year old sure has a great story teller in him

Thanks, I did find it odd that I thought it reminded me of "A Sound of Thunder" and while reading it, it mentions that it doesn't follow the pattern of "A Sound of Thunder"

If it were a manual, I don't think it would quote a short story/movie in it's own manual, simply because TT or not, I don't think everyone in the world has seen that short story.

I think I'm going to Google some of the sentences too to see if they come up anywhere. Thanks for that thought, it's been a long horrible day and I never thought 'hey Google the sentences'.

And I agree, if it's all original, I await the release of his first book soon (grammatically correct, of course
)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I am not ignoring the rest! I am just stating that you cannot base your decision on whether or not this is a hoax on grammar! that is all...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

One of the many requirements for my degree is physical anthropology. Included in physical anthropology, is forensic anthropology... Who do you think they use to carbon date documents, study bone scrapes, determine sex/age of victims... Many times, if not all, those people were involved with forensic anthropology.

im using you wikipedia, I have not checked thoroughly for errors, but read enough to conclude most of it is true.

Forensic anthropology borrows methods developed from the academic discipline of physical anthropology and applies them to cases of forensic importance. These techniques can be used to assess age, sex, stature, ancestry, and analyze trauma and disease. Forensic anthropologists frequently work in conjunction with forensic pathologists, odontologists, and homicide investigators to identify a decedent, discover evidence of trauma, and determine the postmortem interval. Though they typically lack the legal authority to declare the official cause of death, their opinions may be taken into consideration by the medical examiner. They may also testify in court as expert witness, though data from some of the techniques commonly used in the field—such as forensic facial reconstruction—are inadmissible as forensic evidence.
forensic anthroplogy

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Ugh free, we have a failure to communicate here.

I'm not just basing it on grammar alone... It's part of a whole slew of mistakes and oddities that just simply cant add up.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

tef, in my basic futile attempt, I have spotted nothing. I took the most unique sentences though, and those could be made up. But so far nothing... So , so far ,its a good story.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

tef, in my basic futile attempt, I have spotted nothing. I took the most unique sentences though, and those could be made up. But so far nothing... So , so far ,its a good story.

I haven't found anything either through the 'magic' that is Google. I must give Kudos to the OP for finding a one of a kind item

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I see it seems connected to foresnic science... However I do know its a totally different degree... And it does not give you credibility in identifying signatures.. I would assume you are studying
forsenic anthroplogy then.. I was wrong in saying its not a forsenic science.. I apologise. However your field identifies corpses , skeletons etc assuming you are studying forsenic anthropology.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Free, since I have been correct on everything anthropology wise so far, ( is should, its my major) Can I skip the part where I find an article to show you that , yes, we do study handwriting as well. Or was my A in that class a dream, lol.

No we are not graphologists, hence I said way back if you are one, you trump me. But I have more knowledge on it than the average bear. Again, it looks like a child's writing.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot

I see it seems connected to foresnic science... However I do know its a totally different degree... And it does not give you credibility in identifying signatures.. I would assume you are studying
forsenic anthroplogy then.. I was wrong in saying its not a forsenic science.. I apologise. However your field identifies corpses , skeletons etc assuming you are studying forsenic anthropology.

And no, Im actually specializing in archeology, forensic anth was a subject required in my studies.

I find it (forensic anth) to be far to boring anyways, I like to dig.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Whew that was 3 pages of whirlwind nonsense. lol. Well I hope the OP admits what this really is so we can make him a shunned member of the writing team, thats if he doesnt get banned of course.

On my way for a 5 hour drive to LA now, hope this thread is shown to be what it is when I get back.

Deny ignorance!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
A legal document examiner would be what is needed in any case, not a forensic anthropologist. It would require having the actual manuscript in hand. Ink, paper, style of writing, and graphoanalysis would examined.

Personally, I don't care if anyone here has a degree in time travel itself, it still doesn't prove that the document is a fake (which I think we all agree that it is).

Euclid may be able to comment as to the validity of what little science was presented in the document.

Still nothing on the president's name?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You guys stop talking about Forensic Science or Anthropology...it's going nowhere

I agree this document does not look in any way like a military document. But we can't immediately discard it as fake either.

Question:

Is it possible for you to slightly rip the picture in the background and see the code/manufacturer/company behind it and take the picture of it? We might find out what company produce the picture.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
A legal document examiner would be what is needed in any case, not a forensic anthropologist. It would require having the actual manuscript in hand. Ink, paper, style of writing, and graphoanalysis would examined.

Personally, I don't care if anyone here has a degree in time travel itself, it still doesn't prove that the document is a fake (which I think we all agree that it is).

Euclid may be able to comment as to the validity of what little science was presented in the document.

Still nothing on the president's name?

I haven't found anything with the name that I've searched.

And I agree the document is fake, was just wondering like you said what validity of what science is actually there.

I will be back on this forum later, happy searching everyone.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Looks like somebody got a little jealous of the Isaac CARET stuff and tried their hand at it. Not so easy, is it? At the very least, you need to get your hands on some kind of document that looks like what you're trying to fake. At this point, people can't even tell whether this thing is supposed to be from the future or the past.

I think it would be much easier to fake a document from the 1970s or something, since you could still find documents from that era.

And for goodness sake, learn how to write like a government report writer. Sheesh!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join