It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Is my Grandfather a time traveler or a joker?[HOAX]

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
well...if math is correct and infinity does in fact exists then so does everything else

all possible time lines and every possible conceivable reality are already existing and the choices we make determine which "already existing" coordinates of reality we shift to, giving us the illusion of traveling "forward" in time so we can undergo experience

even when we dream we do this and experience things outside our common reality, are they there, are dreams real? You bet! but that is another can of worms

in that context, time cannot exist because there is nothing to move into as it is already there, thus the illusion part of it, time is subjective

if a technology exists that can use those "coordinates of reality" and travel to them physically, then you have time travel

so I dont deny time travel at all, I just doubt the authenticity of this manuscript

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by whitewave

I had a though.. rare I know... Why doesnt the OP take a picture of him holding the book. And no more of this half the page stuff.

Um I either right or left click and it takes the page to pdf form (which I saved to my computer) and when that came up small I just clicked on it and the full readable page comes up...

I do not know if this is relevent or not, but each time I have attempted to log into this thread no matter how I go about it, my comp acts up and has even shut down the majority of the time as I open the thread.

At one point I was doing some other stuff unrelated to ats and the pdf of one of the pages popped up on my screen...

Do you suppose it is because of the sensitive content being monitored by the powers that be?

(I lost spell check again too.)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
some things on this site i just cant rationalize. I just read the content and leave it as it is without coming to a conclusion.
but after reading something like this I have to leave my 2cents. Fake? most likely. It being real if time travel is a fact? Highly unlikely but possible.

since the the topic of time travel has been mentioned, almost every question asked (some obvious, others not) can be answered with some sort of loop-hole or event. This is time travel we're talking about, (alternate universes, timel-lines, alien species, time elevators, etc. etc.).

hypothetically speaking if a future E.E. existed, i'm pretty sure they wouldn't send people back in time just for the hell of it. TT missions centered either around Research&Developement, History recovery, Time alteration, or reasons not yet understood.

Perhaps your grandfather became stranded, under such stress maybe he completed his mission and may have attempted to destroy evidence of such a mission. Maybe an operation in WW2 was his mission, that somehow altered the war. There are countless possible outcomes in the event of time travel. Maybe your grand father failed his mission by accidently killing an ancestor thus whipping him back to where he would be naturally, while retaining the memory of both time-lines....that is if the manual is in fact true. but it would explain the type-writer style printing, maintaining those memories of both timelines your grand dad couldn't help but recreate the manual he vigorously studied in the E.E.

the burning on the manual seems like it could only happen under certain conditions, perhaps there was another chest where ur grand father tried to burn all the evidence in one sitting. maybe he changed his mind and recovered it. Who knows? this whole thread is subjective.

If it was fake. how would we know?
If it was real. how would we know? (unless u want to wait until 2032 for WW4).

Future history does sound interesting at the very least. the "(not so) brief history" does line up with some prophecies, but yet there are so many prophecies it would be hard to go astray. maybe i'll survive long enough to outlive 2 world wars and find out for myself lol. Dodging 2 bullets in one timeline does seem a bit challenging though

If it's real, humanity has an interesting future.
if its fake, well at least i was more entertained then some crap i watch on T.V.

either way i can't lose.

edit: perhaps he had an "era" styled manual to go with "era clothing" just so those in that era could write it off as a prank? who knows, the possibilities are endless. better off just keeping this thread in the back of my head as "Not Yet Rationalized"

[edit on 15/8/08 by Obsurion]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
IMHO - its fake

the first line was ALL i needed to read

" greetings and congratulations "

WTF ???????????????

MILITARY MANUALS DO NOT GREET OR CONGRATULATE THE POOR BASTARDS WHO ARE FORCED TO READ THEM

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

yellowing can also be caused by DIRECT sunlight - a friend of mine is a writer / organiser for ` murder mystery weekends ` and she puts a supply of paper in trays in an old green house - so she has a supply to hand - pretty ingenious that

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
it looks quite fake because the edges of the paper look very artificially aged, it looks as if someone just held a lighter to it and burnt the edges. The rest of the text is so remarkably intact and perfect compared to how terribly decayed all the edges of each page are. This doesn't quite add up for me, it looks tampered with.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Great read, I'd like to make one point(or a few) on the "spelling" aspect of the text. If you people have studied Shakespeare you'd know that his English, and modern English differ quite a lot. So, in the 100+ years since the document was supposedly written the language we know as English possibly changed.

The text does mention that earth was under a single government, or something close to it. I'm pretty sure English is the most spoken language at the moment.
Taking those 2 things into consideration we can assume that English has taken more words from other languages and vise versa.

As for a document from the future that is written on paper seems unbelievable think about this, we've been using 'Paper' for over 2000 years why would we change it 100+ years from now?

my 2 cents.
p.s.
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i lost my nana a week back and i have found wriitings (diarys) with things referring to me and other family members that have happened fair enough and things that have not most of them mention me

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I haven't read through the entire thread yet.

But did anyone notice that on the personnel was spelled wrong on like the second page?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

But did anyone notice that on the personnel was spelled wrong on like the second page?

Yep, somewhere in the middle of this mess, someone pointed it out. Along with many other damaging observations. Too bad really, there are a few things in my past I would love to go back and correct.....

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Lots more posts, glad to see the steam still involved. Perhaps the mods will see the farce in this and label it hoax.

TO whitewave, um I dont know how to say this without looking like Im talking down. and Im not I really am not. But forensic anthropologists can in fact look at handwriting and make a hypothesis based on the education they have received. Only looking at it, I can tell you bases on the poor cursive and other things, its a child.

Im not a graphologist and no one can test their hypothesis here. Just my 2 cents

Didn't even catch the 'personal' mistake.. chalk another one for the hoax column.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Does this document have a date ?
The fonts look very computer generated , not what one would expect from a typewriter

edit to add , thanks for uploading .

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Max_TO]

Exactly my first thought. The font is not from a typewriter. Why the burned edges? Looks like a science fair project some kid put together for grade school. Even the signature, President Gregory, is childlike.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

Another thing, the words dont seem to curve with the pages. poor photoshop job.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Maybe his grandfather altered the time line to a point that in the future, it is spelled cuddle

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
a "cuddlefish" huh?
Thought provoking read, but no way. If ppl had time travelled... they would have proof (material or knowledge) of specific events and most likely they would be wealthy

Gotta LOVE all the Laughing Hyenas... :shk:

OR there is a second spelling? just do a google for "cuddle fish"

Its amazing what google can show you before you stick foot in mouth

[edit on 15-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
According to page 2 time has mass.

Unfortunately what looked like a promising hoax, turned into a black hole which collapses from the weight of it's own illiteracy.

So you are saying that you know for a fact that time has no mass?

Documents please

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Yuppers on page one post 5 I believe

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hard to miss it has so many stars

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Does this document have a date ?
The fonts look very computer generated , not what one would expect from a typewriter

edit to add , thanks for uploading .

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Max_TO]

I think the fonts look very old - like the old IBM machines that you could change the balls so you could have Ariel instead of Times New Roman -

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
But forensic anthropologists can in fact look at handwriting and make a hypothesis based on the education they have received. Only looking at it, I can tell you bases on the poor cursive and other things, its a child.

Im not a graphologist and no one can test their hypothesis here. Just my 2 cents

I disagree that it's a "childs" handwriting based on just looking - I've seen many signatures looking scratchy, usually it's a bad pen, bad hands (like arthritis), even old age (as maybe this president who signed was old-er?)

I have no idea if the documents real - I'm guessing it is (doesn't make it true, just real) based on the circumstances. Things can also look aged and burned from having been around for decades, but one has to actually have lived that long to really know what looks like

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
3.Mundane***of or pertaining to the world, universe, or earth.

Well in my Medieval world we consider 'mundane' as anyone and anything outside of our world so if some is not in garb they are 'mundanes' as in boring, ordinary etc

Page One (picture #2) the one that says "Greetings" You can see text THROUGH the paper indicating something is on the reverse side..

Yet all we see is RIGHT HAND pages

Whats on the back?

But if paper ages as it goes forward in time what happens when it goes back in time?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join