It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 hour follow-up special of ABC's UFOs: Seeing Is Believing September 16th!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So does anyone here know for sure when season two of UFO Hunters actually starts? I'm having a hard time finding info, but I know they're making some more. There was an article somewhere about them filming somewhere.... don't remember where for sure.

I recorded this ABC special and will watch it.... maybe tonight.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni I can't believe they would invest in producing an hour and a half NEW feature show, and use old worn out stories we have seen over and over.

That WE have seen yes... but this is new because mainstream media is feeding it to the sheep... THAT fact is significant... and they have to catch up first

Arent' there new ufo stories that should be documented in this way? I don't know, I'm asking. That is what I thought I would be seeing.

Better for them to use old stuff that has been a round for some time... because the sheeple exposed to it will have no problem finding it on the web

Time enough to cover the landing on the Whitehouse lawn

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dalek

Look on YouTube.com-- Part 1 is there.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Has anyone put the program online yet?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah you're right. It just goes to show how "paid for" the networks are. Every last one of them is already bought and paid for.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

ED:The Big Bang Never Happened By Eric J. Lerner
How the Cosmos works.

UFOs are a static electric device invented by Tesla.
Fits well with the plasma controlled Cosmos.

Yes but that book was published before the later findings (1992) by COBE which tend to support the Big Bang hypothesis.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Sheesh. Listen up IAU. NOBODY is saying we're alone in the Universe. Nobody. There are probably microorganisms in the seas of Europa.

I won't go so far as to say that we are alone in the Universe, since that's basically trying to prove a negative, and something that can't be proven unless we look in every nook and cranny of the Universe, which is basically impossible. Maybe there is life out there somewhere.

But we sure don't have even one teensy little bit of proof of it. Neither do we have a clear understanding about life just sprang forth out of a soggy chemical pond on this planet (or another one, if you go for the panspermia idea). I suspect that Tyson might be one of those people who take for granted that if you have water and the right chemicals life just automatically happens -- "God," maybe -- so if a planet somewhere out there in space has the same stuff, then life will happen there, too. But nobody's explaining how water and chemicals form a living thing with a point of view, so it's just faulty logic to assume that life has certainly sprung up out in the Universe somewhere and we just haven't found it yet.

Again, if you have a red ball in a box and have no idea how it got there, it makes no sense to assume that if you make the box really, really big, there's just bound to be another red ball in it somewhere.

And, as you say, with space being so vast, even if there was an intelligent civilization out there broadcasting their little hearts out, if they live more than a few dozen light years away we'll never have any interaction with them, anyway. So we'll be practically alone, if not actually alone.

Doesn't hurt to look, though. Just for curiosity's sake.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Drip feeding the masses?
for disclosure?
Hasn't this drip feed been going on for 60 years now?

The government will never fully disclose what they know about aliens and UFO's
and despite the odd good attempt of a journalist investigation the mass media will keep on de-riding the whole topic.

cue the x-files music against the story and a snappy retort from the anchor
at the end, lasts maybe 90secs tops
usual drip feed:dn,

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Scramjet76, Lerner does say there will be COBE getting data.

Cosmology goes back and forth and in between but it was an easy read
that apparently covered all front but I especially wish people to know
of the driving force of chargers in the Cosmos.

UCLA's comments:
Errors in the "The Big Bang Never Happened"
www.astro.ucla.edu...

Still I just like the fact of its confirmation of large electrical currents.
Charges go into the Sun at the equator.
Same with galaxy's, beams come out the center.
Interesting.
Not nice for gravity people since large currents can control large
collections of mass.

Tesla thought space travel was possible with electrostatics.
Rain water is suspended by electrostatics and when lightning
takes away the suspension in the atmosphere, the rain falls.

Tesla used the same physics to suspend what see as the UFO.

"The demonstration of the fact that a vibrating gaseous column
possesses rigidity, must greatly modify the views of thinkers. When with low frequencies and insignificant potentials indications of that property may be noted, how must a gaseous medium behave under the influence of enormous electrostatic stresses, which may be active in the interstellar space, and which may alternate with inconceivable rapidity?"
"The existence of such an electrostatic, rymthmically-throbbing
force - of a vibrating electrostatic field- would show a possible way how solids might have formed from the ultra-gaseous uterus, and how transverse and all kinds of vibrations may be transmitted through a gaseous medium filling all space"
-Nikola Tesla (From New York Times, Sept. 30, 1894)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
reply to post by Bombeni

The first new episode of History Channel UFO Hunters Season 2 starts on Wednesday September 17 at 10pm eastern.

I didn't see it in the history channel schedule. Nor do it see it listed on Wednesday for following weeks. Are you sure that this is the correct date for the start of the new season?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
...nobody's explaining how water and chemicals form a living thing with a point of view, so it's just faulty logic to assume that life has certainly sprung up out in the Universe somewhere and we just haven't found it yet.

We do have people explaining it, we have experimentally confirmed theories based on fundamental processes in chemistry:

Basically if you have those right elements under the right conditions, certain chemicals bond in ways that form membranes in water. Those membranes only selectively allow other certain chemicals to pass through which then react with each other inside the membrane (cell) and, long story short, put on some Barry White, let this process fine tune itself over a couple hundred million years, and eventually you have the beginnings of the very first self reproducing organisms. Add in some genetic mutation and natural selection later and total wackiness ensues.

But the main point is it's not some completely random thing that spontaneously happens in any pond. It's a completely natural process (governed by the Universal laws of Physics) that is basically guaranteed to happen IF you have the right pond. The idea is Evolution is not a process that starts with Biology, but something that happens in Chemistry, before life even exists.

Now it's only a theory, but it's logically sound, and has been reproduced in laboratories about as far as we can take it. The next step in confirming it is to go out and search for these ponds and see what is or isn't there.

I don't think anyone's blindly "assuming" life is out there - they're predicting it to be there just like any other valid scientific theory does with whatever they're trying to confirm or explain.

Unfortunately the tough part is finding the damn ponds, and the only thing we have to go on right now is the "assumption" there's nothing particularly special about our own.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't see UFO Hunters on the History Channel schedule. I've tried to email Bill Birnes because I know him but he's not responding. I also know the producer of the show and he's not responding to my emails either. I hope the entire season 2 wasn't cut. Time will tell...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Not nice for gravity people since large currents can control large
collections of mass.

Tesla thought space travel was possible with electrostatics.
Rain water is suspended by electrostatics and when lightning
takes away the suspension in the atmosphere, the rain falls.

Tesla used the same physics to suspend what see as the UFO.

This is the part that I don't understand. First of all, cosmology doesn't go back and forth. It has been "pro-Big Bang Theory" ever since the early 90s. Even if Plasma Cosmology is incorrect I could accept some other universal paradigm but so far none of them are without flaws.

More on subject.... How would space travel be possible with electrostatics? Even if a whole medium is filled with static electricity I fail to see how a massive UFO can be moved by a static electic field high in the atmosphere??

If UFOs are technical devices than they appear to use some force which pushes on all matter not just charged matter.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join