It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 hour follow-up special of ABC's UFOs: Seeing Is Believing September 16th!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
FYI -

The title once again will be "UFOs: Seeing Is Believing". I think they want to pay tribute to the original which was hosted by Peter Jennings back in 2005 (I think that's the year).

The show will air on September 16 at 9:30pm in every time zone. That's right! It will start at the same time nation wide at 9:30pm. If this changes I will let ATS know. Just keep an eye out for commercial promotions and your TV guide so you don't miss this. Only 12 days away from today!

Please note that no one featured in this was paid. So don't think any of the Stephenville witnesses like Angelia Joiner or Steve Allen are making bucks off of this.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

some humble words to keep in mind!!

article from an external source;

Budd Hopkins' Response
to the ABC Peter Jennings "Seeing is Believing" TV Program
Courtesy of the Intruders Foundation

During the past year Jenning's producers interviewed me a number of times, and because I sensed what they had in mind, I made, as a preemptive strike, a number of careful, highly specific observations about the UFO abduction phenomenon. All of these crucial points - recorded by ABC on videotape - were designed to underline the physical reality of UFO abductions and to demonstrate the implausibility of current skeptical explanations.

To its shame, ABC suppressed ALL of these observations.

I knew, of course, that the skeptics' favorite explanation du jour is impossibly simple: abduction reports, they believe, are all due to misperceived "sleep paralysis." Ranking as a distant second is another erroneous belief: abduction reports, they say, "ONLY emerge under hypnosis," and since hypnosis is "totally unreliable", all abduction reports must be discarded. In the light of these tediously familiar errors and misstatements, I made certain in my taped interviews to explain the following:
In the first two decades of our research, ALL of the central abduction cases involved people who were outside their houses when they were taken NONE were lying paralyzed in their bedrooms. They were driving cars, walking, fishing, hunting and even, in one famous case, driving a tractor on a farm. "Sleep paralysis" as a blanket explanation of UFO abductions is therefore, ipso facto, a ludicrous non-starter. Nevertheless ALL of my insistent statements on this point were systematically eliminated by the producers.

Second, I indicated that there are many abuction reports involving two, three, six or more people who were taken simultaneously and whose highly detailed recollections are virtually identical. This fact alone eliminates not only "sleep paralysis" but "fantasy-proneness" or any other idiosyncratic psychological aberrations as triggering causes. My descriptions of these many cases of multiple abductions were likewise completely suppressed by the producers

Third, I showed the interviewers many photos of, again, virtually identical scoop marks, consistent straight-line scars and ground landing traces at abduction sites, and other physical sequelae. ALL of these vivid photographic examples of physical evidence were suppressed by the producers.

Fourth, I was not alone in making these points. My colleague Dr. David Jacobs was asked by ABC to carry out a hypnotic regression for the camera, but since the woman he chose had been abducted in the daytime while driving a car, the case did not fit ABC's "sleep paralysis" agenda and was thus not only suppressed, but Dr. Jacobs' many hours of taped interviews were also scrapped.

Fifth, I made it very clear that perhaps 30% of all the abduction reports collected by researchers are recalled WITHOUT THE AID OF HYPNOSIS, a fact which renders the issue of hypnosis moot. This point was also suppressed by the producers whose only goal, it appeared, was to eliminate any data that contradicted their transparently false debunking hypotheses.

Despite my having presented - and reiterated - the points above, the producers chose to trot out on camera two debunking scientists (whose experiments with a mere handful of subjects have yet to be taken seriously by the psychological community) to buttress the untenable "sleep paralysis" theory, the false "no physical evidence" claim, and the demonstrably untrue "its all hypnosis" assertion.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It would be helpful if you could edit the original post as some people will just look at that, write the date down and not read the rest of the thread, then they'll miss the show.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I wish I could. It's too late for me to edit it. A MOD would have to do it. Calling all MODS!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Excellent post! The first show was a debunkers' dream. Stanton Friedman had the same complaints about the show. He also wrote to the producers with his complaints. It just shows the media will not take the claims seriously. The abductions which take place outside the homes make people think about the possibility of the abduction scenario being real. They can't blame it on sleep paralysis or any other reason. I do not think the new show coming out will be any different. Only 2 minutes devoted to the Stephenville case?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

THANK YOU and on another note im in total aggrement with you that some things will just be left out...

point is, the majority of people will "understand" the ufo phenomena in a much clearer way, if the "clear" information was ACTUALLY presented.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this portion of the article is from an external source
Response from a friend of Dr. John Mack's
Presented anonymously by request

John and I used to have chats in his kitchen about where we thought this phenomenon was "at", and what we thought were the next steps the larger cultural conversation needed to take. He and I both agreed that before further discussion about the reality of "contact" could be addressed in the mainstream, the first point that needed to be addressed in public forums is WHY we westerners have such a hard time even engaging as a possibility the idea that "contact" has already happened.

I had a phone conversation today with one of the people who helped put together the Peter Jennings special, a man similar in age, education, and upbringing as myself. But despite our similarities, we were the perfect embodiment of the polarities that exist in our culture about this subject matter. And yet, the two of us represent people, equally "of sound mind and body", who have the capacity to engage in private a much more sophisticated dialogue than what a mainstream two hour program is willing to discuss in public (for all of it's myriad of reasons).

For me, and for many others in communities that address issues of Evolving Consciousness (not just "ufo/alien" folks), the need to create platforms or media (whatever you want to call it, whatever it looks like) that DOESN'T represent ungrounded, new agey mumbo jumbo - or it's current polarized counterpart that is the mainstream media - but that DOES represent the cutting edge of mainstream consciousness and the issues it is dealing with, is a pressing one.

We are not just a few hundred people, we who are interested in the physics of a new reality, we who are aware of the fact that we are NOT alone in this universe (even though we may not as yet be able to explain any where close to fully, what has been the exact nature of our contact experiences - though, rest assured, sleep paralysis it ain't).

There are millions of us who are interested in really moving this larger conversation forward.

That there exists SUCH a gap between the mainstream and those who are interested in actively participating in conversations that push forward the evolution of our western consciousness is telling.

And what it suggests, is that the mainstream is afraid, just as those of us who had these "alien encounter" experiences were afraid. It was terrifying to have our realities and beliefs shattered over and over again. And yet, most of us survived our paradigm deconstruction (even if it was in a "sink or swim" kind of fashion) and have managed to recreate meaningful new realities for ourselves in the wake of our experiences.

That the mainstream is unconsciously facing what would certainly represent the collapse of all it has held dear (including beliefs about God, religion, humans being at the "top of the food chain", and reality being a definable structure as interpreted only by our five senses and empirical science), has everything to do with why the Peter Jennings documentary had to be AS watered down as it was.

Interesting questions to ask here are:

Why CAN'T we have a balls to the wall, full blown documentary "on air" that articulates the phenomenon and it's accompanying confusion, just as it has been authentically presenting itself?

Why CAN'T we have the skeptics present their arguments, and have them FULLY responded to by equally qualified professionals, scientists, & academics who possess both the letters after their names, and the experience to satisfyingly rebutt and make clearly obvious that the skeptics arguments are weak at best, and in truth, fall FAR short of being able to describe what's actually happening in this phenomenon?

If we COULD manage to pull off those kinds of investigations, MAYBE we could begin the careful but courageous dance of beginning to stick our faces into the heart of this phenomenon (instead of into the sand) to begin to honestly explore what seems to be the collapse of reality as we currently understand it.

One of the problems, I think, so far, has been that we in the consciousness related communities have been waiting for the mainstream to bring itself into the larger conversation. We have been expecting the mainstream media to WANT to investigate the contact phenomenon in spite of its fear of ridicule for being truthful in it's reporting.

Problem is though, no one of sound mind who wants to stay safe and accepted within the cultural framework of what's believable wants to be played the fool.

So time and time and time again, we who have had these experiences are called out to report what has happened to us. And time and time again, we are dismissed, explained away, pathologized or marginalized. We are sacrificed because nobody has the courage to say "hey, maybe the emperor really ISN'T wearing any clothes".

We have a long way to go, we humans. As one of the experiencers featured on the program said, we really are just babies. That may be one of the most important things we need to remember as we consider why we, as a culture, have thus far lacked the courage to engage these possibilities... we're only babies.

And not so unlike infants, we think the Universe extends only as far as the four walls we can see around us.

Or perhaps, even more tragically, we believe that we don't matter. That we're alone in a vast void of space and time.

But we're wrong.

And eventually, hopefully, before it's "too late", we'll figure that out. We'll make adjustments in our cultural belief system to accommodate a new reality, before our old one comes crashing down around us.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

It's hard to pack everything into only 90 minutes. The original show was 120 minutes. I do think they seem to not include important information and incidents on purpose, while including information that is lame because they don't want to push the issue over the top. But for the most part the problem I have with a 90 or ever a 120 minute documentary is that you can't stick with one thing for very long so nothing gets covered in detail. If you state incorrect facts, or spin something the wrong way, there's no going back.

I have a feeling this follow up show will be better than the first, although RIP Peter Jennings, I liked his reporting.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
IT'S OFFICIAL:

The first episode of the History Channel's UFO Hunters Season 2 is set to air on Wednesday September 17 at 10pm eastern (the day after the ABC special airs). The 90 minute ABC follow up special to the original "UFOs: Seeing Is Believing" is set to air on Tuesday September 16 at 9:30pm nation wide, but check your local TV guide for any time change!

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW SO THEY WILL BE IN THE KNOW!!!

www.history.com...

UFO Hunters: Invasion: Illinois

"On August 21st, 2004, people driving home from an Ozzy Osbourne concert in Tinley Park, Illinois, reported seeing a large triangular UFO with three bright red lights. Two months later, on Halloween night, hundreds of eyewitnesses reported seeing a similar UFO. By the time the lights returned again the following year, the mountain of evidence was overwhelming--videos, eyewitnesses, and news coverage were everywhere. The team tackles this incredible contemporary UFO case, and searches for what's responsible for the mass sightings in a small Chicago suburb."

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Found this listed on TV Guide!

9/16/08 Tuesday

Primetime: UFOs...Seeing Is Believing

9:30pm - 11pm

"A primer on UFOlogy includes reports of recent sightings of unidentified flying objects and new developments in the field. Also: interviews with scientists, investigators and people who say they have seen UFOs. Correspondent: David Muir."

David Muir: www.youtube.com...

I hope David pays homage to Peter Jennings...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I see where an admin. went in the original post to correct the date but he used the wrong date as the corrected one. The correct date is Sep. 16, not 17.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

The date in the thread title is corrected. But the date in my first post in the thread is still wrong...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Oh ok. Thanks for this info I am looking forward to some NEW ufo programming. They show quite a few on the history channel but they are ones I've seen a dozen times. Ready for some new details!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

The first new episode of History Channel UFO Hunters Season 2 starts on Wednesday September 17 at 10pm eastern.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i hope they bring that opening music score back too

" IM not the ONLy one, the only ooooone!"

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Just posting to remind this special airs tonite.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I want to know why Gen. Raimey exposed top secret operations and activities, world wide, within 24 hrs. A single person could not destroy the entire program like that with out a total career upheaval

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
One more bump and the listing from AOL TV guide:

On in 5 min!

Primetime: UFOs ... Seeing Is Believing
89 Min. 09:31PM Tue., Sep 16 EDT

Scientists search for proof of life beyond Earth; some people say they are eyewitnesses to aliens being here already; new sightings of UFOs; NASA's search for life on Mars; with David Muir.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
They covered Stephenville rather quick.

That's what I mean....you can not cover all that needs to be be covered in 90 minutes. They need to make several of these and go into more detail and present better information.

Show has just begun so I'm still watching.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
In response to those who want to download the show from ABC.com and you're outside the USA you will not be able to. At least that's what happened to me the last time I tried dl'ng from a US network site from Canada. They can tell with your IP address so unless you use a US proxy (and even that may not work) you'll have to check out torrents.

Of course this may have changed now so go ahead and try it.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well so far it's disappinting. They are covering basically everything that was in the first. I hope the last hour has more information and something fresh to contribute, like the airport radar data from Stephenville.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join