It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 hour follow-up special of ABC's UFOs: Seeing Is Believing September 16th!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think they're doing a pretty good job.
At least they're being genuine about it and not flippant.
Every little bit helps I guess.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thank you SO much OP! I've been waiting for this, and forgot it until I read your thread.

Much appreciated. Watching now

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's pretty good. Been on for an hour now, and they haven't made fun of anything - that's a switch.

Only problem is I swear I saw most of this stuff before in another show - and I've heard all these stories a million times. It's kind of like kindergarden for UFO's. Well, at least that can't hurt.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Watching it now. And it is blowing my doors off. No pussy footing around on this one.

link   
Most all of it was in the original, which is not very original. Still hoping they will have a few minutes of previously unseen footage.

link   
reply to post by warza

Yes, it IS sort of a UFO primer, so far, but hey, it's on ABC. Baby steps? What next? Wolfe Blitzer out in the field doing an expose?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The whole thing took a turn for the worse about 20 minutes ago.
Whet the heck does SETI have to do with UFOs?
They're about to do alien abductions now.
That's not good for anyone.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'll be honest......I've never been so disappointed in my life

This 90 minute show stunk. They spent 2 minutes on Stephenville, and most of the stuff was from the original UFOs Seeing Is Believing which stunk so all of that = crap in my book

ABC passed up another chance to make a ground breaking UFO documentary. Thanks for airing prime time crapola.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This makes me really look forward to the ATS video Johnny promised. At least it will be something new. And he said it will be pretty good evidence of unkwown phenom.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Aw c'mon guys. Lighten up a little. It's abc. At least I see an attempt being made. Which is a long stretch from what we are used to.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Perfect, thanks for the reminder.

It's on 9:30 here too. That's a major time slot. Hope they make the most of it and stop showing weak footage....

They need more qualified people on there like M. Kaku to really open people's mind and make them understand that contact with ET would be much different than 'Star Trek' portrays.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Ha ha ha! The thought of Wolf out there makes me gag!!!!!
Thanks for the laugh

Its on but its almost ending, darn. I missed it.
Anyone know if they will replay it again?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
All cases that we've already seen or heard about on the History Channel.

Still a good watch and seems to be leaning more for the existence of UFO phenomena than against. It's a step forward in bringing the idea that UFO's are a part of life to the public and this subject is finally getting the serious air time it deserves.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Wouldn't bother if I were you.
Same old re-hashed stuff.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thank God for the brilliant Dr. Kaku at the end pretty much calling those people who dismiss all sightings as bunk, or of earthy explanation as ignorant.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ya M rocked at the end. Praddling viewers the need to take these issues seriously.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This show was way better than the first one. They presented more UFO cases and less lame debunking. I guess the people at ABC have learned a few things from History Channel.

Although for the people at ATS this sounds like not big of a deal, but to the average Joe it is news. And it is an awakening of interest to the common citizen. Hopefully they keep the good work and start bringing more objective UFO stuff so the people can open their third eye to the UFO reality.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I saw it. I really liked it. As I've grown older I grew skeptical of these things, but, this program really brought my child-like curiosity back to me.

I liked how it wasn't entirely dismissive of the UFO phenomena. It really opened me up to the possibility of that such things are real and that this isn't just one big hoax.

It was really great.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Aw I missed it but I did catch one around Labor Day I think it was,I was suprised to see it on primetime. I have been seeing so much more publicity latley....and just saw this on Yahoo's frontpage...
*Five Police Officers Witness UFO in Illinois > cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hi all,
Thanks to everyone for watching. Overall it was pretty good. I was happy with the part about Stephenville at least. They didn't make anyone look foolish but I checked that part out pretty well before I gave them names.
They failed to mention that the man in the car driving them around at night is a former military air traffic controller.
They failed to put up either of the two witnesses names.
Intentional I suppose.
There was a lot of time and effort put into those animations. They were great!
Also, Robert Powell did a wonderful job with what little they had on the radar report.
Angelia

[edit on 17-9-2008 by AJoiner]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join