It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 hour follow-up special of ABC's UFOs: Seeing Is Believing September 16th!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
dang that was nothing new to say the LEAST, i am really glad to have seen the animation for the stephenville case though, that was awesome.. and for what its worth anyone getting involved with the ufo phenomena are going to be pleased with the show, but for those who have already seen it are just left feeling like we were bamboozled sort of.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I ended up switching to other programs, it was the same ol stuff. I can't believe they would invest in producing an hour and a half NEW feature show, and use old worn out stories we have seen over and over. Arent' there new ufo stories that should be documented in this way? I don't know, I'm asking. That is what I thought I would be seeing.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Unfortunately they had the spokesperson for the IAU Neil DeGrasse Tyson

...is still using that tired old phrase about "the Universe is so vast, to say we're alone is egotistic and arrogant."

Sheesh. Listen up IAU. NOBODY is saying we're alone in the Universe. Nobody. There are probably microorganisms in the seas of Europa.

Fer cryin' out loud.

rant
But, if there's ONLY one Alien alive on a planet a billion LY from here, and no other carbon-based life, then for all practical purposes, we are alone.

More importantly, if there's a billion other Alien sentients out there, in every Galaxy in the Universe, but they're planet-bound civilizations, and not space-faring, not being "alone" still says nothing about them coming here.
/rant

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 17/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The alien agenda is bigger than most humans realize. We are on the verge of a great discovery as a united consciousness. This Century (21st) will be the century we come to understand it all. We may not accept all that it (alien) entails, but it is time for humanity to grow up and accept the realities that exist beyond our own. Once alien life forms are revealed globally many things will change. On a personal level, full global contact is less than twenty years away.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Now I see this.
I just checked the listings.. 9:30 to 11:00 Sept 16.. yesterday.

Did they mention Tesla.
No.
Then they are all government liars or duped by government lies for
60 years that every one forgot to think about.

ED:The Big Bang Never Happened By Eric J. Lerner
How the Cosmos works.

UFOs are a static electric device invented by Tesla.
Fits well with the plasma controlled Cosmos.

[edit on 9/17/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The show was OK, but it didn't treat the subject too harshly. They did the usual debunking of Roswell, and had a short part on Stephenville. Then they trotted out the people who were sleeping and then abducted by aliens. There are many well documented cases of people driving and being abducted, and they have to go the easy route and use the sleep paralysis people.
The best part was the B-52 pilots and the airmen sighting that craft near Minot AFB in North Dakota. They did stick it at the end, but that is one of the best sightings out there.
I'd give it a C-.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Has anyone found a link for it online? I'd like to watch it but haven't been able to find it hosted anywhere.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Something I always watch for is the story about the lady in New York who was "floated" out her upper story apartment window into a ufo? I would like to see a story done on this, a re-enactment would be interesting. I even expected a movie on it by now.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I thought the show overall was pretty good. It definitely started out pretty strong with good witness testimony. Then my favorite guy M. Kaku came in to remind us of what might be possible given another million years. Shostak then came on with his take on things. Would be nice if they would have come back to Kaku to remind everyone how primitive our technology is, and how most likey SETI isn't in the ballpark (when searching or emitting radiowaves).

The Roswell part.... eh....

The abduction part.... eh.... they could have come back with another "high profile" psychologist to rebut Clancy and that other guy.

In the end, it wasn't half bad.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

That was Linda Cortile and the story was reported by Budd Hopkins.

www.ufocasebook.com...

I think Budd may have put it in a book. It has some element of fabrication if I remember correctly.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
reply to post by Bombeni

That was Linda Cortile and the story was reported by Budd Hopkins.

www.ufocasebook.com...

I think Budd may have put it in a book. It has some element of fabrication if I remember correctly.

Fabrication? Do some ufologists think it was a hoax?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Can I ask you something? Why are you so obsessed with Tesla?
I mean I have read about his work and it is fascinating but you seem to find a way to tie EVERYTHING in to him. Why is this?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Except for a few minutes of new material, the show seemed to be patched together from a lot of other previously aired Discovery Channel and History Channel UFO shows.

And, like all "big" UFO shows, it felt obligated to review all of the basic, standard UFO information and debate topics, such as the possibility of intelligent life on other planets, which does nothing but eat up a lot of air time. It took twenty minutes to say, "We don't know. And even if there are ETs, we don't know if they have anything to do with UFOs." Cut to the chase, already. Frank Drake. Yeah, yeah, whatever.

And of course they had to drag in abductions, too. Oh, we need that freak factor thrown in again, even though I'm not aware of anything awfully new or exciting being done in that arena.

I was glad it didn't drag Roswell in again, though. Hopefully, we're finally seeing that load of nonsense fade into the background.

It's been over 50 years since the classic 1956 documentary "UFO," and neither our understanding of UFOs, nor the presentation of the subject, has progressed one little bit.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I thought it was great.

Yeah, maybe it didn't show much new information but who cares? A prime time show on a major network is not going to be geared towards UFO nerds like us.

In terms of educating the general public though it was pretty awesome. It mentioned a lot of great cases like Stephenville (those animations were sweet indeed), Rendelsham, Southern Illinois, The B-52 incident (complete with that hilarious military "Vega" explanation).

The token skeptic was McGaha, which is always a score for UFOlogists. He comes across as such a pompous condescending *SNIP* that I bet he offends a lot of people into believing in UFOs - simply because they feel like their intelligence is being insulted by his goofy debunkings.

It was pretty cool too how they came right out and said most photographic/video evidence is basically useless because it can be so easily doctored so the best evidence we have to go on is eyewitness accounts - and then followed it up with some great eyewitness accounts!

Other stuff I really liked was the inclusion of Dr. Kaku and the part about wormholes. Most people assume that kind of thing is pure science fiction so to see it presented in such a matter-of-fact way probably opened a lot of peoples minds to other things they might instinctively write off as fantasy (i.e. aliens).

I was also pretty surprised/impressed with how they essentially called out Blue Book as nothing but a smear campaign on the reality of the UFO phenomenon and threw in that anecdote about the memo to Hoyt Vandenberg and how he "just couldn't accept it". Brilliant.

The only part I didn't like was the stuff about abductions because it seemed like everything else was presented in a very level-headed manner and that part was kinda cheesy and over dramatic - "it's OUR baby!!!" *dun-dun-duh*

But all in all a very nice presentation and a good step in pushing the benign masses to take a small sip from such a hard-to-swallow topic.

====
Mod Edit: Don't elude the automatic censors. No profanity, even abbreviations or asterisks, please. Thank you.
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I probably should have said 'controversial' rather than 'fabricated'. However, the whole story just strains credulity, doesn't it? Not only do we have aliens floating people out of windows, but traffic stopping and bodyguards who turn out to be (allegedly) CIA, kidnapping her...twice... and a UN Delegate (Javier Perez de Cuellar) witnessing it?

I might believe an abduction, but the rest of it just seems to be too sensational to believe. That makes me think it was staged, if not embellished.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

I agree - for the people who've been on board for a while - nothing new

but - for the people just letting it start to sink in - not bad

it was enough to introduce a whole new class to the subject - they'll be back asking for more

just like us

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
And the response from the History Channel is interesting, four consecutive UFO
documentaries today even that they are also old ones, is this just coincidence?

Check the schedule.

www.history.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Loading up ABC Disney with UFO rubbish and cable TV with
the same government lies.

ET UFO liars against Tesla UFO truthers... which like Voldemote
they can't name or even hint at. my my.

Why is Tesla important, ask the criminals and government still hiding 100 once
public patents and his lab and documents containing levitation and
propulsion designs important for Cosmic cruising.

Propulsion is not just anti gravity for earth but for the Cosmos where very
little gravity exists.

Fact is its so easy to build that they don't want people leaving Earth
and have no one to rule over.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Is UFO Hunters really on tonight? The listings say it's just "Hangar 18: The UFO Warehouse" which is something I've already seen.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

Yeah it's a repeat. Hanger 18 is a good show though.

Off-topic, but since we're talking about the History Channel.

Did anyone hear them on MonsterQuest? They were talking about the mis-identification of lake monsters and said this about the Giant Conger Eel:

'a 30 foot Conger Eel can tip the scales at 1/2 a ton and easily swallow a man without a trace'.

Huh? I don't think so. A 30 foot eel, bigger than the biggest anaconda (25 feet).

Wiki says the largest European 'Conger conger' is 12 feet and 130-200lbs.

Anyone know anything about this claim?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join