It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: 'In the 21st century, nations don't invade other nations.'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

McCain: 'In the 21st century, nations don't invade other nations.'

thinkprogress.org

In recent days, Sen. John McCain’s (R-AZ) rhetoric toward Russia has mostly been overblown bluster, including an accusation that the country wanted to restore its old empire. However, since a cease-fire was announced and his predictions were proven wrong, McCain has backtracked, saying there won’t be a Cold War. To justify his new position, he told reporters in a press conference today:

In the 21st century, nations don’t invade other nations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Correction: Nations do not invade other nations that are capable of protecting themselves.

You see:

Georgia invades Odessa because Odessa could not repel them.

Russia invades Georgia because Georgia could not repel them.

JUST LIKE:

The USA invades Iraq because Iraq could not repel them.

Not to mention McCain's own rhetoric that supports aggression towards Iran. The fact that McCain is unable to see the USA's policies of aggression as similar to other nations shows a serious flaw in the mans ability to act as a leader of a country that touts itself as a leader in the 'global community'.

Just one more example of McCain is out of touch.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Animal]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I stay away from the political threads as a rule... But McCain's statement had me busting a gut! MAN, is he out of touch with reality! And recent history. US history.

[sigh] At least he gave me some laughter.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If Russia can invade a Democratic country.....

Why can't we invade a Communist country?

What better way to get back at Russia than to invade Cuba? It's time to make Russia squirm a little!

BTW Iraq had a chance to comply with UN resolutions. They refused, and they paid the price.

Don't recall any UN resolutions condemning Georgia recently, and definately none allowing the use of force against them.

Apples and Oranges.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
BTW Iraq had a chance to comply with UN resolutions. They refused, and they paid the price.

Would that be the UN resolution to stop building WMDs?

Or the one to let in the UN Weapons Inspectors?

Or the one to hand over all the WMD documents?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

LMAO

I guess you're not a nation if you're unlucky enough to exist in the Middle East or SE Asia.

Where does he get off saying something so obtuse and ignorant?

Then again, I guess we didn't really invade Iraq. We moved in, like a roommate, see? Totally different...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
LOL 'In the 21st century, nations don't invade other nations.'. Okay. It's one of the funniest statement in the 21st century from a president candidate, whose country is invaded just two countries since 2001 and performing black ops in various other countries under the wings of the CIA and various other black op teams.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Reply to Mythatsabigprobe

In short....

They didn't comply with any you mentioned.

Ohhhhh, you don't believe there was any WMD's?

Sorry can't help you there.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

RR you seem to be overlooking the WHOLE 'in the 21st century countries don't invade other countries' statement.

See REGARDLESS of WHY the USA invaded Iraq and Afghanistan (which you seem to be leaving out) WE INVADED THEM!

We are there now, an invading force in another nation.

The point of this thread is to show how incredibly out of touch and plain silly Mr. McCain is.

Get it?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

See REGARDLESS of WHY the USA invaded Iraq and Afghanistan (which you seem to be leaving out) WE INVADED THEM!

We are there now, an invading force in another nation.

The point of this thread is to show how incredibly out of touch and plain silly Mr. McCain is.

Get it?

Right on the money. McCain comes across as a super-hypocrite, or senile, or both.

Sheesh, we've been occupying Iraq for most of the 21st century already!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Ah... but you know they did. They let in the weapons inspectors, they handed over all the documents that were required by the UN resolutions and even the Whitehouse admits that there simply weren't any WMDs in Iraq. It's not surprising that you won't admit to any of that though, considering John McCain doesn't even remember invading two countries since he last bought new shoes.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have to say that McCain's comment was pretty funny in context.

These guys are so mired in their own propaganda, they actually believe it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where John McCain was POTUS when we entered Iraq.

You people need to think things through.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Um... he said nations don't invade nations... he didn't say HE doesn't invade nations.
I wouldn't put it past him.

The guy is so out of touch with reality... they should bottle it. I'd buy some to use for a weekend.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Condi Rice has said the same thing. You are taking McCain out of context. McCain's context was there were resolutions at the UN for the U.S invasions.

McCain was pointing out how Russia is acting like its own soviet self invading the former soviet republic areas and how this is the 21st century.

McCain is constantly being taken out of context.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm not too crazy about politics...

But this guy is blatantly lying to himself and the rest of the human population.

No need to lie. You haven't been elected yet, John.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where John McCain was POTUS when we entered Iraq.

What? Oh my god I am so confused

WE need to think things through?

I was under the impression this thread was on how Mr. McCain needs to think things through (or how he does not, your choice).

What is it WE need to think through mate?

That unless you POTUS you don't need to know if the USA has invaded another nation in the 21st century?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

If you give this a little thought, McCain is not lecturing POTUS on how it ain's cool to invade a country, but he's lecturing POTRF on same subject. I'm personally at loss with regards to this logic.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

I just had a flashback to Chertoff saying: "Louisiana is a CITY under water!"

KORANT

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
That unless you POTUS you don't need to know if the USA has invaded another nation in the 21st century?

No, that President Bush is the main person responsible for the invasion of Iraq. John McCain was not president and voted in accord with the will of the American people at the time, as is his duty as an elected official (although it did mean he failed in his duty as a human freaking being.)

Ask yourselves if you would feel the same had Hillary Clinton made the same statement. That would be different, even though Clinton had as much if not more involvement in leading us into Iraq than John McCain.

Oh, but wait, it is his fault because he is a Republican, right?

Keep drinking the partisan kool-aid friend, youre falling in line just where they want you to.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by cavscout]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join