It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: 'In the 21st century, nations don't invade other nations.'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
If Russia can invade a Democratic country.....

Why can't we invade a Communist country?

What better way to get back at Russia than to invade Cuba? It's time to make Russia squirm a little!

I agree with the general sentiment of your post but I don't think it's all that accurate. Russia doesn't care about Cuba (and neither do I, really). To do what you're proposing would be a waste of our resources and it would unnecessarily anger China toward us.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
If Russia can invade a Democratic country.....

Why can't we invade a Communist country?

Uh, what does Cuba, China, or Vietnam have to do with anything? This is Russia, a Capitalist Country, invading a Capitalist Country. So why would we invade one of the three last communist countries?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I saw Rice saying something similar on the news tonight. Made me laugh out loud to be honest. Im not sure who is the most insane - the US government or the Russian one.

Actually this seems like a planned fight to me. Georgia backed by the US attacks Russia. Relations gets bad when US gets on Georgian side. The world is once again more unsafe, and the neocons are now standing by for the people to come ask for their "help" (more violence and wars).

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Laugh all you want, but you should be happy that he said this, whether it's hypocritical or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Georgia attacked Russia first.

Russia had every right to fight back and invade Georgia.

Iraq never attacked us.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Oh, but wait, it is his fault because he is a Republican, right?

Not because he's a Republican, but because he was such a staunch advocate of the Iraq War.

Had Hillary said the same thing it would be just as funny, for the same reason.

It's a dumb thing for any American politician to be saying on the world stage at the moment, because the world will simply us mock as as hypocrites in the light of our invasion of Iraq.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Obviously McCain's next two words were cut off...

Everybody take a look at the clip...

You'll notice the clip ends immediately after McCain says, "in the 21st century, nations don't invade other nations..."

Now if you look at what UN embassador Khalilzaid said here at 3:40...

www.dailykos.com...

it becomes quite clear that McCain's next words were going to be "in Europe."

Because obviously a presidental candidate couldn't possibly be stupid enough to utter, "I want them to get out of Georgian territoy as quickly as possible and I am interested in good relations between the United States and Russia, but in the 21st century, nations don't invade other nations," as a complete sentence. Only a doddering old nursing home patient would say some dumb nonsense like that right before launching a pre-emptive strike into his Depends...

oh that's right...

nevermind

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join