It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Release of Radar Data Signals a new 'Openness Policy' on UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The question has to be asked again....why would they fly something like this so low to the ground over Stephenville Texas if it was "ours"?

I still think it was ET related.

10 F-16s flying a training mission my a$$!

PS - tune into www.kevinsmithshow.com... right now. Stephenville witness Steve Allen is Kevin's guest tonight!

Simply go to the site right now and click on "VIDEO/MAC" at the top under where it says "listen live" to watch the vidcast.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by TH3ON3

Could it be that the ufo can somehow bend air around the craft and therefore, doesn't create a sonic boom. Some form of electromagnetic distortion maybe?

Well the sonic boom happens as the craft travels through the transonic region - so it could be possible that the craft either punched through Mach 1 else where and the boom was not noticed - or it could of entered the atmosphere at a speed in excess of the speed of sound.

But I'm not too sure about the later... No idea if that would bypass the sonic boom.

my tuppence

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
That video of the ufo from the helicopter pre 911 seemed pretty conclusive to me. Whatever that was busted a move at (to my eye) easily 1,000 knots. They seem devoid of sonic limitations. Just my .02.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

At last some undeniable proof that an object travelling at 2100 mph entered our skies.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Wow, I am amazed people can deduce this is an alien craft from raw radar return data. Amazing skill, maybe you all should get into the field.

Where is the key or legend that tells me how to differentiate between meteors, planes, and UFO's? I can't find it?

edit;

The phrase "100% proof" is misleading at best, malevolent at worst. Tread lightly.

[edit on 8-13-2008 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
That video of the ufo from the helicopter pre 911 seemed pretty conclusive to me. Whatever that was busted a move at (to my eye) easily 1,000 knots. They seem devoid of sonic limitations. Just my .02.

Once again, amazing skill, deducing the speed so accurately with your highly trained eye.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This seems to be wild speculation on the part of the author, but I found this part interesting:

"Consequently, it appears that the goal of the shift in FAA policy on UFOs is that a program to acclimate the American public to the reality of UFOs, and the possibility that they have something other than earthly origin is well underway. It can therefore be predicted that in the months ahead, more persuasive empirical data by the FAA and other government agencies will be allowed to emerge into the public arena increasingly pointing to the reality of UFOs and the possibility of an extraterrestrial origin."
(from posted article)

It reminds me of the currently circulating theories that Disclosure is near at hand, or else a faked alien invasion designed to scare the population into submission.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

edit;

The phrase "100% proof" is misleading at best, malevolent at worst. Tread lightly.

Well it's basically 100% an unidentified flying object DID come across the radar at a very fast speed. It may not be alien, but we know almost certainly form the article that something was there and there for not a long time!

And I would also like to add seeing threads titles "100% proof", "Best Evidence Ever", "Bigfoot Found", etc. are usually farces, but this one is definitely one of the better threads.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

www.youtube.com...

That video above??

If so, I'm pretty sure it was just an add for Sci-Fi.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

edit;

Well it's basically 100% an unidentified flying object DID come across the radar at a very fast speed. It may not be alien, but we know almost certainly form the article that something was there and there for not a long time!

And I would also like to add seeing threads titles "100% proof", "Best Evidence Ever", "Bigfoot Found", etc. are usually farces, but this one is definitely one of the better threads.

I hope you are not trying to disallude yourself into thinking the OP actually meant UFO as in unidentified and not alien. In this context this is obvious and fact. And in this context, it should not be purported as "100% proof".

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
reply to post by jpm1602

www.youtube.com...

That video above??

If so, I'm pretty sure it was just an add for Sci-Fi.

I really should have watched the video with sound, that is an obvious viral marketing ad for the Sci-fi channel.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by forsakenwayfarer

Well I guess, maybe, it's not worth arguing in my mind.

Anyway, I think no thread should say 100% anything because that's a claim I haven't seen backed up ever on ATS. Rather than saying 100%, I'd say you should have a 90% certainty at the most in almost any news story, picture, or video because ya never know 'cause of them hoaxers! Darn them hoaxes!!

Ok, I'm over my rage against the hoaxers, just wish they would stop.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

Haha, fully in agreement here. It really amounts to the same thing that is so poo-poo'ed here on ATS, that being media hype.

Post starred.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Nice to see some good evidence. Whether military or ET its definitely an object of pure wonder.

That speed is definitely attainable and I'm sure there's a way to diffuse the sound but the sheer size of the anomaly is the most interesting aspect to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by franspeakfree

to answer your question on how they are able to go so fast and not cause a sonic boom is that the ship creates its own space/time. it uses 3 things made like a telsa coil made up of element 115 (i read this somewhere and i found it to be semi credible.) basically it can move objects with it, and warp into a different space/time. look up element 115. it has the ability to create its own gravitational field. the life forms (if there ARE life forms in these ufo's) in this craft are not effected when they do those impossible turns and accelerations. i might be wrong, but its the best info thats out there regarding how they do those crazy menuvers without crushing their bodies inside. correct me if im wrong... or give me your best theory, id love to hear it!

Very interesting theory indeed, I am going to be looking at element 115 tonight. What you wrote certainly, brought a sense of familiarity with it. I sort of knew but didn't know how to explain it. Well put!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Shouldn't the title of the thread be the same as the title of the article? Isn't that one of the rules?

Ignoring the possible rule-bending title, I will use the opportunity of reading this report to get more information about this case, I was too busy when it happened and I did not saw it at first, so I never had the time read about it.

Flagged, even with this title, it's important information.

Sorry wasn't aware of this rule, will remember next time,

All I want to do is to be part of a community that provides credible information that shows there is more to life than we are know and are being told

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I grew up in and around the central Texas region, close enough that I played Stephenville in school sports. I believe the reports to be an actual UFO and if any of the UFOs are in fact from outer space this would likely be one of them. I've been trying to cover this on my personal website, this isn't exactly breaking news IMO though.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by forsakenwayfarer

I hope you are not trying to disallude yourself into thinking the OP actually meant UFO as in unidentified and not alien. In this context this is obvious and fact. And in this context, it should not be purported as "100% proof"

I am offended by your tone of writing and posts and would kindly ask you to not to assume.

Edit: I have just picked randomly 5 of your posts from your profile, it seems to me like you just want to argue with everyone? why? I thought the whole idea of this community is to raise awareness that theres more to life and to share with others?

Is it me or are there more and more people patrolling threads waiting to launch an attack on the OP

[edit on 14-8-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

No problem, but please don't shout.

Here are the rules for posting Breaking Alternative News.

Edit: Yes, there are some people on ATS that look like they joined just to annoy other people. One of those was already (and quickly) banned.

Edit the second: I don't think forsakenwayfarer is one of those cases, just to be clear.

[edit on 14/8/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

actually it is not ` undeniable priof ` - as this is not a report from FAA experts stating that this 2100mph object was tracked

but infact it is thrird party ` analysis ` by persons of unknown qualification who have CLAIMED that the FAA data show this

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
people - before concocting an appolgists resonse as to why alledged suppersonic UFOs do not generate a shock wave - please , for crying out loud research what a " sonic boom " actually is - and what causes it

because some of the ` excusses ` ar frankly ignorant garbage

for example " friction " has no bearing on the issue

nore dose mass

" sonic booms " are caused by DISPLACEMENT and the only factors that affect them are air density and object velocity

so - take it from there

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join