It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoogleMaps: bad job at hiding 'sensitive information' guys.... (picture)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmaticspirit
This just proves one of two things:

1.The government has gotten stupider over time.

2. The goverment thinks we've gotten stupider over time.

on i side note theres two places that i find strange near area 51, im sure there nothing big I just dont know what 37 40'31.40"N 115 50'53.64"W

also at 37 11'36.44"N 115 56'08.97"W theres a road that leads to a blurry spot if its just the resolution then its still strange because that means it goes to absolutely nowhere.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by enigmaticspirit]

Just an FYI the Dutch government prohibits organizations publishing satellite photography of most of their military bases. Nothing *secret* is going on there - in fact, some of the bases listed allow visitors to take a full blown tour of the facilities.

You can find inconsistencies like the "road trees" all over our terrain layout. Any savvy user willing to read through our field notes will realize that the satellite view is far from being a perfected technology. As for the methods we use for covering up locations...who cares? We choose to use copy/paste trees because it's quick, easy, and gets the job done. We're not about to pull out high dollar graphic designers to please the 1% of internet users who dispute what's REALLY hidden under there.

With that said, I currently work at Google and was employed with Keyhold Corp (the satellite technology) before the acquisition. Every few weeks we have what the exec's call a Logic Workshop - believe it or not we use this very message board to pull examples of average minded people completely neglecting the ability to use common sense and logic. You guys have actually become a common office name...often being used mockingly to point out how you can give some companies/governments enough credit to pull off the most mastermind conspiracies and in the same sentence point out how stupid they are. It's a riot!

We love you guys!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
lol they're all so ridiculous. some people must think we're really stupid. i checked the first one and got this

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithfen

Just an FYI the Dutch government prohibits organizations publishing satellite photography of most of their military bases. Nothing *secret* is going on there - in fact, some of the bases listed allow visitors to take a full blown tour of the facilities.

Oh, I see. So its legal to for civilians look at everything thats going on inside the building but illegal to see the rooftops. Got it.

You can find inconsistencies like the "road trees" all over our terrain layout. Any savvy user willing to read through our field notes will realize that the satellite view is far from being a perfected technology. As for the methods we use for covering up locations...who cares? We choose to use copy/paste trees because it's quick, easy, and gets the job done. We're not about to pull out high dollar graphic designers to please the 1% of internet users who dispute what's REALLY hidden under there.

I'm a graphic designer professionally and I cant tell you 100% positive that you don't need a high dollar graphics guy to do cut and paste trees. In fact, you dont even need a graphics guy to do that. You need someone (presumably you) with a G.E.D. and an ability to read english. Please do not paint yourself to be highly educated just because you work for Google.

believe it or not we use this very message board to pull examples of average minded people completely neglecting the ability to use common sense and logic. You guys have actually become a common office name...often being used mockingly to point out how you can give some companies/governments enough credit to pull off the most mastermind conspiracies and in the same sentence point out how stupid they are. It's a riot!

So cutting and pasting trees and putting them in the middle of roads is using common sense and logic? Please enlighten me. Google needs to up their hiring standards. Period.

If you need help with that paper jam, just hollar real loud.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
52 10'09.71" N 4 23'02.33" E

i36.tinypic.com...

Odd stuff

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmaticspirit
This just proves one of two things:

1.The government has gotten stupider over time.

2. The goverment thinks we've gotten stupider over time.

on i side note theres two places that i find strange near area 51, im sure there nothing big I just dont know what 37 40'31.40"N 115 50'53.64"W

also at 37 11'36.44"N 115 56'08.97"W theres a road that leads to a blurry spot if its just the resolution then its still strange because that means it goes to absolutely nowhere.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by enigmaticspirit]

With that said, I currently work at Google and was employed with Keyhold Corp (the satellite technology) before the acquisition. Every few weeks we have what the exec's call a Logic Workshop - believe it or not we use this very message board to pull examples of average minded people completely neglecting the ability to use common sense and logic. You guys have actually become a common office name...often being used mockingly to point out how you can give some companies/governments enough credit to pull off the most mastermind conspiracies and in the same sentence point out how stupid they are. It's a riot!

We love you guys!

Your post has prompted me to start a new thread. Enjoy!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
you can check the bottom of google earth to see what date your area was mapped.
my suburb was mapped feb 08.

and yes, theres many anomolies in GE.

theres an aircraft carrier in a lake thats barely big enough for the carrier and is far inland with no way in/out via water. how did it get there, it doesnt even have enough room to turn about face.

one part of rural china? i think it was, looks like it has about 100sq KM of GE mapping shrunk down and pasted in an area about 1km square, complete with mountains and the like.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshedis
reply to post by miguelbmx

I'm sorry miguel but are you being sarcastic or serious?
I can't tell.

Great find OP!
Still waiting for you to come back and give us those coordinates!

Sincerely,
joshedis
i was being sarcastic lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au
one part of rural china? i think it was, looks like it has about 100sq KM of GE mapping shrunk down and pasted in an area about 1km square, complete with mountains and the like.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by FosterVS]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hello there

as i mention in the other thread..., the portuguese gov have just changed the rules regarding their bases and other countries bases on there territory.

since the begining of the year all bases are now censored, and from Nov of this year all major infrastructure will aslo be censored.

i am currently doing work for the Força Aérea Portuguesa. speciffically:
Centro de Formação Militar e Técnica da Força Aérea.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
I'm a graphic designer professionally and I cant tell you 100% positive that you don't need a high dollar graphics guy to do cut and paste trees. In fact, you dont even need a graphics guy to do that. You need someone (presumably you) with a G.E.D. and an ability to read english. Please do not paint yourself to be highly educated just because you work for Google.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by NightVision]

That's *exactly* what I just said. We WON'T use a high dollar graphics designer to please fun people like yourself who dispute silly things.

What's funny is there are so many youtube videos available from some of our lead designers who explain the lack of priority these projects take. The point I'm getting at: satellite maps (like most things here) is in beta. Therefore, when someone requests that certain coordinates are censored we don't put a lot of time in to covering them up. We just mask them with common surroundings - it isn't rocket science.

Taking a stab at my intelligence is amusing. However, I never mentioned my "education level".

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That's *exactly* what I just said. We WON'T use a high dollar graphics designer to please fun people like yourself who dispute silly things.

Taking a stab at my intelligence is amusing. However, I never mentioned my "education level".

Keep puttin those trees in the roads, buddy. Now I know where to spot your work.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Oh, I see. So its legal to for civilians look at everything thats going on inside the building but illegal to see the rooftops. Got it.

You can take tours of the White House and it is censored on Google Maps.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by davion]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion

You can take tours of the White House and it is censored on Google Maps.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by davion]

Interesting. Either I have a special computer that lets me see the White House and other censored images on Google Maps, or you are lying. Which one is it?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Interesting. Either I have a special computer that lets me see the White House and other censored images on Google Maps, or you are lying. Which one is it?

Neither, Google uses an older satellite version of the White House.

There were also times when the roofs were blurred out, or the area was pixelated.

You can do an internet search for something like "google earth white house" and see the touched up roof, and there has been discussion about it being censored for years on various discussion forums.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by davion]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
actual pictures here well to get back on topic here are some pictures inside the place in question or just north of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
WOw thats just pathetic. the doofuses used the same tree like at least 6-8 times. what are they thinking diligent people wouldn't notice?

I bet the economy is hitting th people that work for google maps covert hide the secret base team with crappy cut and paste jobs division AKA the CHSBTW/CCPJ have gotten a pay cut because the wonderful quality of their hide the salami jobs have been seriously getting laughable now a days.

They really expected us to believe that. I guess to the casual glancer it wouldn't get their attention.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
WOw thats just pathetic. the doofuses used the same tree like at least 6-8 times. what are they thinking diligent people wouldn't notice?

I bet the economy is hitting th people that work for google maps covert hide the secret base team with crappy cut and paste jobs division AKA the CHSBTW/CCPJ have gotten a pay cut because the wonderful quality of their hide the salami jobs have been seriously getting laughable now a days.

They really expected us to believe that. I guess to the casual glancer it wouldn't get their attention.

I am pretty sure they just don't care, why spend hours touching up an image that a country doesn't want you to show when in most cases everyone knows the area exists already? Just clone stamp it out really quick and get on to more important matters so you don't have said country breathing down your neck. Plus why spend thousands of dollars hiring graphic artists to do a better job at covering it up when the only people that really care and flip out about it are conspiracy theorists.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm a pixel & paint pusher too and I totally 2nd that. The person who would get paid a good amount of money to clone and cover wouldn't accidentally clone and leave trees in the road. Or even as the example in the other thread points out, clone trees over trees with out randomizing them, or atleast cloned only the "canopy" of the trees so that you can't see mis-aligned trunks everywhere your brush goes. Either way, even if the one who did them is the amateur with a GED, those have all been pretty crappy work examples by GM, sorry.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
I'm a pixel & paint pusher too and I totally 2nd that. The person who would get paid a good amount of money to clone and cover wouldn't accidentally clone and leave trees in the road. Or even as the example in the other thread points out, clone trees over trees with out randomizing them, or atleast cloned only the "canopy" of the trees so that you can't see mis-aligned trunks everywhere your brush goes. Either way, even if the one who did them is the amateur with a GED, those have all been pretty crappy work examples by GM, sorry.

I think it's funny that two graphics artists have posted and completely missed the point, so much for being visual, eh?

He stated pretty plainly that they DONT use graphic artists to cover up areas, they just do a quick patch job because someone wants it done and it's not a priority; it's quick and easy which allows them to move on to other matters. It's pretty obvious that he has basically said: "We're not getting paid to edit images, that's not why we were hired, so when something like censorship comes up we just get the job done quick, even if it's ugly and noticeable"

Original post:

We choose to use copy/paste trees because it's quick, easy, and gets the job done. We're not about to pull out high dollar graphic designers to please the 1% of internet users who dispute what's REALLY hidden under there.

Did the "pull out high dollar graphic designers" throw you for a loop or something, I don't understand.

You're basically agreeing with what he originally had to say, no they don't need graphic artists because all they are doing is clone stamping trees and quickly covering up areas.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by davion]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

I didn't miss anything buddy, just saying that; yes, it is in fact a pretty crappy job they've been doing. Google can feel free to hire me as a contractor if they want... I'm sure my prices would be quiet competitive and would save them the time and effort of dealing with all the belly-aching & "bad" press here on ATS that's for sure
Oh and I would be able to tell everyone on here that all that's under the crystallize filtered area are weather balloons & swamp gas

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Shakesbeer]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join