It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want To Find ATS Members In Large Scale Blackout?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Still reading, but surely there is already a phrase we all relate too...

Deny Ignorance? try it as a greeting, with a handshake, could go back to the grasp of each others forearms style handshake, get medievil on yo' a$$'

EMM

[edit on 12-8-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Hi all..

did you know that websites like this one and others may be actually saving humanity

when we make secret plans public or when we uncover the truth, there is a great chance that TPTW would not follow through with the "secret" plan..

thank you,you truthseekers you

on topic..we should all buy ATS hats and/or there should be a thread where everyone shares thier pictures/phone# in case of emergency...

much love to you all
(^_*)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

I agree with you. There are people on this site (like many other sites) that are agent provocateurs. However, I think the concept of like-minded people staying connected is a sound idea. This is going to be a tough one without the ability to screen.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Hey now... I actually take offense to that. I'm nowhere near the spray and pray crowd. Of course I enjoy my 2nd amendment rights, but that comes no where close to defining who I am.
I'm definitely not bitter, clinging to my guns and religion, lol.

But, I am an Army Veteran, Eagle Scout, Outdoors Enthusiast who loves Hunting and Fishing, and depending upon myself for my survival.

It's a novel idea, I just don't see how it can work. Besides, there aren't that many ATS members in relation to normal population. Your chance of running into them are quite low.

If you wanted to signal to other ATS members, then maybe a sort of flag that can be hoisted.

I don't think there will be much chance of running into ATS people in sitx scenario. Most likely, these people (at least the survivalists) will be holed up in a safe location, away from large urban environments. Its these cities which will be places of riot and crime!

HI! You see ... you put out the feelers and the reasonable people will find each other. I'm not a hunter or a fisher, but I'm only one step removed every time I go shopping for dinner. So I certainly can't judge. I don't have a gun in my house because my kids get into Everything and I'm worried that if the occasion should ever arise to pull it out, it may just get snatched from me and simply added to the arsenal used on my family. I'm a pacifist, but I believe in freedoms and if there aren't enough of me to just run down the few who'd want to control or hurt the masses, then, honestly, in sitx I might find myself edging over towards the Resistance (even if they're armed.)

So Hi friend - Here's an example of why ATS' divers range of interests and intelligent users makes this an ideal crowd to connect.

Re the Flag - a good idea (could even be an ATS Tshirt if necessary).

Re - not enough ATSers to save the world - I wonder how many viewers, lurkers there really are. And I agree this should be spread to other like minded sites. Any suggestion of other sites that are like this? Of course, I suppose ... there are the ... secret societies (there's lot of people in those.)

[edit on 8/12/2008 by trusername]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
Still reading, but surely there is already a phrase we all relate too...

Deny Ignorance? try it as a greeting, with a handshake, could go back to the grasp of each others forearms style handshake, get medievil on yo' a$$'

EMM

[edit on 12-8-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

Yes - and in latin Denego Ignarus meaning Deny Ignorance has been suggested.

Does anyone know how to say Seek Truth in latin?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexicon Devil
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if it has been said already....

If you post a secret handshake or symbol here everyone on the net would know it. Anyone could use it.

Funny though, I was talking to a client today and he kept making all these strange references and I swear I was about two seconds away from asking him if he was an ATS member.

Can't remember but we could say something like "Are you a friend of Springer's?"

I see your point, still if we're doing this to clue to each other that we're outside the box thinkers - then the more the merrier. If people come to this site, they must already be like us somewhat, cuz we're here. OK maybe there are a few poor suckers that are paid to just read all of our posts. I can see that room now - something like the scene from Chicken Run ... LOOK MA! The chickens, they're getting organized!

There seem to be 3 themes on this thread re this.

1) Being direct and just stating you're an ATSer

2) Being indirect [To Protect Others] because everyone is at differing levels of enlightenment and there are people who may misunderstand / feel unnecessarily threatened by what this is about.

3) And / Or being indirect to keep people out [To Protect Us]. And, although tempting, this is sort of what this whole site is fighting against, I think. In general, aren't we all trying to make as many people as possible aware of the truths. Revealing the disinformation. Blowing the covers off Above Top Secret files and alerting each other and hopefully the masses.

If it comes to a time where there's a real risk of entrapment we could weigh it against the real benefits of finding each other.

man, I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for the early masons
No wonder they have so many symbols, meeting places, levels... if there wasn't such a (perhaps unfair) association of greed with them ... oh yeah, and if I wasn't a woman ... I'd be curious to know how they do it.

[edit on 8/12/2008 by trusername]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustnoone1987

that's good -

I'd love to know how that came up in a Kroger...

you saw someone who looked sort of ATS-y - and you took a shot?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

i belong to another group and we have a rendezvous point, as well as a code name that is only distributed to long time members. it might seems a little melodramatic or overly dramatic to some, but underground networks are all that saved some people during previous times of strife. it's a very good idea. knowing who to trust isn't easy though.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I don't know. Have you been to the survival board? Those guys are bonkers. The last people you wanna run into in a blackout. They make light by the flash of the muzzle of their guns. They're what you call a "spray and pray" crowd.

[edit on 8/11/2008 by schrodingers dog]
I Beg Your Pardon There Bud ,We Survivalist Are Neither "BONKERS" Nor Are We Inclined To 'SPRAY And PRAY "!. That Is What Idiot Gang Bangers Do . And Besides That ,We Value Our AMMO A lot More Than That !

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I agree, trusername. It should be something like the tug on your ear lobe that Carol Burnett used to do on her TV show. It could be something like putting your right hand on your left shoulder. That can be done for long periods of time without strain.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well, if anyone in the Kentucky area wants to make-contact-of-the-not-so-paranormal-kind....

Just send me a U2U.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

I was in the bookstore last night and happened to see a pamphlet entitled Medicinal Plants. I stopped to look at it and immediately thought of this thread. There were several that I thought would be good to have in an emergency situation and so, of course, I bought them all. If we had an event occur that required us to pool our resources to survive, my contribution could be knowledge of plants for medicinal purposes or as food sources. I'm sure each of us has something that we could contribute to the whole.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
you can recognize us by the shine on our tinfoil hat.

a second line to ensure quality content.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Maybe you could go up to a group of people and say the letter A. If they know what you are talking about they should say T, and you both say S? If they don't know they just look at you like you're crazy.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Black out?

Anyways,.. i suggest the ATS Logo. Put it on whatever makes it visible to another person. Like a key-thing. I dont know the name for it in english but i mean those things you can put your keys on to keep them together.

Something like this?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Want To Find ATS Members In Large Scale Blackout?

Same place you find them when there isn't a blackout - mom's basement.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SHADOW WALKER

So because of the early mentions of survivalists on this thread, I went to read a bunch of threads in that forum. There are definitely a lot of posts by people I feel I'd like to know in a black out. Yes, there are some excitable types that I might avoid till they've had their valiums, but they don't seem to be exclusive to the survival forum.

As I've mentioned before, I love permaculture and it's just a massage and a cup of tea away from survivalism so - you won't be seeing me peg-holing people as "spray and pray" - for the record.

Some great ideas there - I hope we all find each other when it counts

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername Thanks For That Outlook . You Might Be Reasonably Suprized At How Level Headed We Survivalist Actually Are, And You Just Might Learn Something From Us In The Process .

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Guys, blackout? i know i havent been online for a couple of days but am i missing something here? what blackout?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I don't know. Have you been to the survival board? Those guys are bonkers. The last people you wanna run into in a blackout. They make light by the flash of the muzzle of their guns. They're what you call a "spray and pray" crowd.

[edit on 8/11/2008 by schrodingers dog]
I Beg Your Pardon There Bud ,We Survivalist Are Neither "BONKERS" Nor Are We Inclined To 'SPRAY And PRAY "!. That Is What Idiot Gang Bangers Do . And Besides That ,We Value Our AMMO A lot More Than That !

SW I was only joking. Trust me, when the ship goes down I'm looking for you guys to lead the way.
I've already admitted that within two days of a blackout: "you'll find me running down the street in my skivvies and a tie tied around my head, with a broken ethernet cable in one hand, throwing my own poop at people with the other, yelling at shadows and Bill Gates."
But that's just me.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join