It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want To Find ATS Members In Large Scale Blackout?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

Good point about being careful who we trust. Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they're not going to be after us

ATS could make 2 pages: 1 that only members can read. Another that lurkers can read (members should read it, too). They could have little silly made up (really made up) conspiracies. If there is an Event and you meet someone who seems to want to learn information about you. You begin to doubt that the person you're talking to was ever an ATS member or really liked the site... and instead is just working for "THEM" to catch ATS members, you could mention the stories. And then judge by their reactions. If you don't feel good about it - move away
no sudden movements.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There's a thread for Okies on BTS for anyone in that area that would like to brainstorm on areas to meet in that locality.

Maybe we could do like the distress call for Batman and put up a light signal of a tinfoil hat shinning brightly in the night sky. Too far outside the box? Ok. Maybe we could have a designated area (AWAY from the pandemonium of cities) to regularly meet BEFORE the SHTF and then if/when situation x arrives we already know to just go there or we already have a plan worked out and alternative area to meet.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by trusername

First of all, you might want to change your title to lower case before the mods do it for you.
Second, you'll be able to recognize other ats members in a blackout. They'll be the ones with the pastiest white skin and the most amount of information and survival skills.

[edit on 8/11/2008 by schrodingers dog]

Pretty funny!

You got me to laugh on such a serious day, very good .

Pasty skin yes,

Survival skills here? I don't thinks so!

Three quarters of the people here still live in their moms basement, they sleep all day and surf all night and only come out when their Mom needs the trash taken out or the lawn mowed.

I guess you could call mooching a survival skill, damn your correct, sorry.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The members of one board I used to frequent, SomethingAwful, had a fairly cryptic question they'd ask in order to determine if a person they meet IRL is also familiar with the board.

The question was, "do you have stairs in your house?" It was sort of an inside joke within the online community.

I always thought it was fairly neat.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Hmmm, my head is starting to hurt....probably puzzle #5 doing me in

As far as some kind of greeting I like the simplicity in Alpha Tango Sierra...maybe someone of the graphically gifted sort could make up some sort of logo - you could draw it or speak it and the "others" would be in the know. Plus it would be subtle so folks (or NWO officers) standing two feet away may not notice... Not to mention there would be no financial obligations or reapings to muddy the waters. I like the idea of a cool ring or lapel pin, but I am still trying to get my college class ring and I graduated, um, a while ago. Plus the lack of physical evidence can't be a bad thing.

If this could work, what then does it mean? I mean is there some sort of basic standard that all could agree on beyond "I am an out of the box kinda guy/gal"? Otherwise what is the point?

I mean would those taking part in this global identification agree to be somewhat responsible in learning basic survival? So if you happen to find another ATS'er hopefully they would be able to discern clean drinking water (or help create it) where perhaps you had the wherewithal to stash an abundance of sprouts to grow and share? You know, have something to contribute.

At any rate this is fun. Feels kind of proactive instead of all the bickering and hoaxing

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
We'll also be the ones mumbling to ourselves "I knew this was going to happen...I knew it..." Over and over again...

HAHAHA....ok seagull you got a belly laugh out of me ..i almost launched dr.pepper out of my nose. i would be one of those people walking around and talking to myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

I have also wondered the same thing the op brought up. How would you connect with like-minded people like other ATS members in your area in the event of a total blackout? Accurate information at a time like that could mean the difference between life and death.

Further, I would imagine that many people on this board have the desire to have a good plan for survival in a situation x but don't have the support of others locally to implement a workable one. A diverse and intelligent group of people coming together and implementing a well thought out plan would have a much easier time surviving a situation x than if everyone were going it alone but the hardcore survivalist groups.

I think the idea of ATS members voluntarily meeting on a local level is a great idea. If you don't want to you don't have to, but I for one would welcome it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This thread is interesting and also it brings up certain questions that should be answered before sit X. I for one am up for meeting up with the people from my area. ATS'ers in numbers could be great company and great help to each other during sitX. Hope to hear more ideas!

[edit on 8/11/2008 by SHADO13]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just meet in North Dakota unless a meteor, planet, whatever hits here We will be fine from most everything else. You can see everything coming from miles and miles away. If Yellow Stone goes boom we might get a bit of a scorching blackout, but head up hill you should be ok. Plenty of wild life, plants, bugs. lots of lakes for water if there not nasty.(If all else fails I have about 60 lighters and some lighter fluid). Boil the water good as tasty.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
If Yellow Stone goes boom we might get a bit of a scorching blackout, but head up hill you should be ok.

If Jellystone goes, you can kiss yer North Dakota butts goodbye !!! heh

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

Nice... I'm sure what Misfit means is... Here we all come. It's actually great, you're right, I've been there
I tell you what, if it looks like San Francisco is getting the big one (earthquake) we'll meet at your place. If it looks like Yellowstone's gonna blow - everyone heads out west our way.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
There's a thread for Okies on BTS for anyone in that area that would like to brainstorm on areas to meet in that locality.

Maybe we could do like the distress call for Batman and put up a light signal of a tinfoil hat shinning brightly in the night sky. Too far outside the box?

Nothing should be too far outside the box for ATS, right? A batman light signal might use up a lot of generator juice in a black out. Maybe a banner on a hillside? But great value in what you're suggesting. A visual beacon...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by searchingforthetruth
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

A diverse and intelligent group of people coming together and implementing a well thought out plan would have a much easier time surviving a situation x than if everyone were going it alone but the hardcore survivalist groups.

I think the idea of ATS members voluntarily meeting on a local level is a great idea. If you don't want to you don't have to, but I for one would welcome it.

I agree - if I ever wonder if I would rather be in a safe and controlled environment instead of a place that exhibits free will... I go to the airport and I remember right away that Free Will is my preferred reckless choice every time! And I enjoy talking to other shoeless grumblers in line by the security check.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Knowing the Morse Code for ATS couldn't hurt. You could flash a mirror, beat a drum or tree, smoke signals
....sounds funny but I'm kinda serious.

Here is the code and a useful link for practice:

dot dash / dash / dot dot dot

www.geocities.com/gm0rse/morse.gif

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

Three quarters of the people here still live in their moms basement, they sleep all day and surf all night and only come out when their Mom needs the trash taken out or the lawn mowed.

I guess you could call mooching a survival skill, damn your correct, sorry.

That's ok, those web surfing guys in their garages are always the ones the heroes turn to for crucial assistance in saving the world. Or, I think in the beginning of the Matrix, this sort of describes the hero himself. Or am I wrong?

[edit on 8/11/2008 by trusername]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by ExCloud
If Yellow Stone goes boom we might get a bit of a scorching blackout, but head up hill you should be ok.

If Jellystone goes, you can kiss yer North Dakota butts goodbye !!! heh

Even if that went if you were in central ND I think the most you would get is about a 2week blackout. Might be a little bit of shakin, but in reality It isnt going to spew anything no 400miles besides ash and dust. I wouldnt think.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

I really like this idea. I haven't been apart of ATS for a while or anything but I am absolutely in love with the message it delivers as a website. I liked the idea I read earlier in the thread about the hand making a /\ symbol then moving to a T. I think that's simple and clear. "WE'RE HERE WE'RE ....ATS!" But anyway. I also like the idea of a crisis tree or a contact list. This person contacts this person, that person contacts another and we go down a list. Could use text messages on cells or whatever. Though I would most likely only give out cellular info to a higher up mod on ATS. Perhaps they could start the crisis tree?

To be clear on a crisis tree, what I mean is one person sits at the top of the tree and has say, 5 contact numbers. He calls or texts or whatever to those 5 numbers and the people he contacts say they have 2 people they can contact so it branches out like a tree.

I'm all for meeting other members and having true discussions in my area about the problems we face today, alien sightings whatever. Problem for me is I live in on the buckle of the Bible Belt here in the US so I don't have too many people I can have open minded discussions with.

Either way I'll be watching this thread like a hawk. I have a growing fear that things are happening more and more and I would like to have somewhere to turn if things did go.. dark?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Just to throw and idea out there...this community should in my opinion come up with some plans "if" something catastrophic every happens. It should be a way to get in touch if people want. The guys who run the site should think about putting together a "package" with several levels of plans.

Just some ideas:

*one telephone number people could write down and have. (in case people could use cell phones which is unlikely...but who knows.

* maybe a channel on a CB radio to tune into and check

*centralized meeting place....(gather here if the worst happens and you don't know what the Heck else to do. But you would like to be around a group of people who think outside the box and could really know what is going on)

** I don't know guys but I think this is a good idea. Maybe seems over the top, but like I always say-"better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it" This thread really got me thinking and If something really bad happened this is a group that I would like to be planning with.

-also, I am pretty new here so go easy on me. Not trying to be anonymous-just haven't come up with a name for myself yet. Been too busy just reading.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Great thread OP.

I read through the pages and agree with some points. Not all ATS'ers are going to want to stick their head out to be counted. But. For those who do a common item, code, signal or broadcast is great.

Like wearing one black sock and one red sock, lol. No accidental meaning there.

If sit X should suddenly be upon us there is a sort of comfort knowing I only need to show something and a friend is near.

Rhain

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
OK So far here's what's been suggested (please send corrections)

Ways To Connect With Other ATSers Without The WWW And Without Opening Yourself Up To Non-ATSers

- ATS gear: T-shirts, Pins, Rings, Unofficial T-shirts with handwritten ATS, mis matching color socks (red and black if possible),

- Gestures: Sign language for ATS or /\T with hands like an A that slides into a time out

- Meeting places: Noon 2 days into (and, let's say, any/every Saturday after) an "event" at small towns' cemeteries or in front of large cities' main libraries

- Long range communication: Via Radio station announcements especially to listeners that can also hear stations in the next range to spread the word geographically, ham radio, Alpha Tango Sierra

- Beacons: with mirrors or lights that would brighten a blacked out sky, banners spelling out ATS on a hillside

- In advance: Start local "ATSer Connect" nights - First to see how many are nearby. Next to see who is interested in what. Who is prepared for what. Also, perhaps? to see who and how many you'd be likely to count on if a "need" should ever arise to protect your personal freedom. And to discuss, calmly, how you'd see that playing out.

- To consider: This thread is now on the top of the home page and is open for all web browsers to see. It's easy to say we have nothing to hide. Still, if this concept threatens some non ATSers or seems too radical. ATSer connections may meet with uncomfortable crashers. There may be a benefit to ... confirming at least a familiarity with the ATS.com

- Confirming ATSer vs.
Unfriendly ATSer Finders: Perhaps A unique question like (but not) "Are there Moons at your house?" With the answer "Saturn's are visiting.", an ATS official catch a fake ATSer Conspiracy like (but not) "Did you hear how about when it was discovered that Prince Charles was an ATS member?"

- Organic connecting: For those who "didn't get the memo" and for those that may want to wait for an event before going to ATS local connecting meetings. A welcoming attitude needs to be balanced with the suspicion of non-ATSers

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join