It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want To Find ATS Members In Large Scale Blackout?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
okay the main thing you to do is state your home town not your street or anything like that but just your town this will give us a good idea who's where the world is a big place. that way you can find out how many people are in your town so you can make easy teams. so what do you all think?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

I want to do it! I was just imagining myself standing in front of my local library flashing hand signals to possible ATSers. I will fit right in with the regular crowd there. For some reason, every oddball in town hangs out at my library. No one will think I'm odd at all, right?

OK, I'll do it, but only if we agree to wear straw hats or pink shirts or some identifier.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, The thing to do is use Twitter. The deal is ATS needs to add a board settings field for Twitter ID, and you could just identify the members you want to follow, etc. That way you could at least have peer2peer contact with the members you select to follow. I know at times, I am away from the computer for extended periods of time, but rarely and I got without my cell phone.

Its just a thought... way more discreet than say broadcasting via AM/FM or things of that nature. The AM/FM idea would fly anywayz because it is terrestrial and NOT worldwide.

Twitter while it does uses the web, alternately could allows members to communicate via text messages.. Im not sure how far you can get from technology if your thinking of blackout contingency, but at least SMS/Text Messaging is viable alternative.

Just my .02 cents

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

I just joined Twitter at the recommendation of someone on another thread. I was trying to think of how it could be useful. It could be a way to track each other if the power is still on, but tracking each other really wouldn't be necessary if we have access to the web. Maybe I'm not seeing something. Does anyone else who has used Twitter have any ideas?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The easiest way to identify a fellow ATS member

Look for the ones with tin foil on their heads

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Jumping in with another thought here....I would think that the best way to go about identifying each other should be decided once chapters or geographic sections are developed. That way the actual signal could be decided upon behind the closed doors of the meetings or whatever. At first it would be very localized which is fine because you would most likely be in the vicinity when the SHTF anyway.....

Once that stage is somewhat developed each smaller group could organize with others and adapt to a singular "sign"..... I think at this point if people are really serious about this we should move beyond all of the discussion and start finding people in our more local area; you can simply add a general location to your profile. At the very least we can more easily look out for others in our area.

Have any mods jumped in here yet? I have been trying to keep up but I don't remember seeing any.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

I wrote something similar to your idea a few pages ago. While i thought it was brilliant, nobody else seemed to think so

Maybe if we find somebody who takes the initiative? I'm not exactly that type of person...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
yeah, I mentioned the same idea early on and even started a thread for people in my area but it died an unremarkable death.

people are all talk and no action for the most part.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well i have decided to make a flag and hoist it next time i go camping.I always go camping within a group and if there are any unwanteds they can and will be dealt with accordingly.
It`s sound advice not to meet alone so it seems like a good idea really.

If you plan to go out in a group you could perhaps display a symbol of your allegience to ats knowing that there is safety in numbers just in case.

We could all get red hats with a black circle and line like the flag behind ats symbol at the top of the page.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If i volunteer now do i get to be chapter president? If so for those local i will be the one belly up at the Tides with my hat on backwards yelling nuke em'

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hi - I think ATSers will be looking for each other anyway after a long term black out - just because this subject has come up.

The next question may be - WHY?. I think the answer would be because we tend to be less sheep like and we'll be aware of freedoms being taken away during a crisis etc. and we can collaborate to resist if necessary.

Also, we may be grateful to the survival threads and those who have read them and are more prepared than others re communications etc. But it may be a good idea for each ATSers to figure out what they have to offer as well as what they might look for in other ATSers.

Ideally ATS would set up a map of users who have input their location by nearest city - but we've mentioned this a few times and no MODs are picking up on it - so that my not be a possibility.

Maybe we could nudge it by starting a new thread and calling it - FW /UP on Blackout Edit Profile Location - or something to that effect?

There are also a lot of other sites that might be useful to include in this network like MUFON for instance? Can you think of others?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
All right already....10 pages. What is the plan?

I am in Florida and the potential for "Hurricane Fay" is looming large.
( Do weather black outs count?) Mother Nature scares me more than NWO.

No one seemed to like my "Radio Shack" parody from several pages ago, but that is likely where I'll be. Getting plenty more D-cells.

regards........kk (fingers crossed that Fay goes away.)

[edit on 17-8-2008 by kinda kurious]

[edit on 17-8-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Fingers are crossed for you! We were on vacation and got a little caught up in Dolly so I understand it better now. Maybe writing ATS on a white t-shirt before you go to the store would work - since you haven't had time to network yet?

Here in San Francisco we won't have much warning before an earthquake - maybe I should write ATS on our underwear

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nice idea, but I'm not sure if it'll really work because there are relatively so few people out of the population who visit this site.

I guess I can always spray paint a nice "V" on a wall though.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

...actually, I wrote something similar to the similar thing you wrote somewhere around page two....LOL....It's been a long thread. The OP took notice and thought it was a good idea...not much after that though. I'm not a big "initiative" person either. Putting my location up was my first big step.....

I was really hoping maybe a MOD would have jumped in somewhere with a thumbs up or down and maybe some assistance in helping this move forward but nada....

I wonder if a myspace would be a good idea? Didn't think it through or anything it just kinda popped into my head. Of course I suppose you lose more anonymity through that. At any rate at this point I have a feeling I would notice everything from the morphing time out sign to the tin foil hat and wrongly assume everyone is an ATSer in the case of the SHTF.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracey ace
Transmission: SF1(san francisco 1).....SF1.....This is Red Squirrel ...
(code for near extinction)..Are you receiving? over.
I want a code name.

Some of us already have our codenames.

Seriously though, this is a great idea in theory, except I want you all to consider one little problem. If you're sharing your information here and things go bad in a big way via a governmental issue, you've told them where to find you.

That having been said, it's good to see another batch of members are looking to unite. This isn't the first time I remember this kind of thread starting. Perhaps you'll find a way to organize it without attracting too much attention.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Setting up a specific email group dedicated to highly encrypted email might be a start?

Then make it a sticky on the site.

I guess eventually it might end up with a lot of cc's but if it was kept regional for each contact somehow, it could work.

Time and place then is organized relative to the regional group and all is secret and encrypted. The only other thing to consider is how do you know if someone is infiltrating the system just to get the information, (that i do not know)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I like the idea, very community-ish.
I think the pins/buttons are a cute idea.
I really don't know how you could do it without anyone being able to just buy the pin and wear it regardless of good or bad intentions. Being as we don't really know everyone on the site to know they are all sweeties.

I'm never one to turn down joining a helpful society of any form so I'm game. I'll bring snacks and refreshments.

I can just see me standing out my cityhall/cemetery/whatever is decided and having no one show up at all. Just poor Jasmine, all excited, with my buttons and snacks and whatnot.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My recommendation is to look for people you feel are like-minded, both here on ATS and in other areas. Maintain contacts who are local but also be on the lookout for contacts who are not in your area. You never know when you'll need to rely on them for information on what's happening in other areas or for assistance when traveling during some kind of situation.

Your network of local contacts can organize gatherings for good times or bad once you have people involved. If you're really serious about all of this, I would recommend meeting once in a while just to make sure you recognize everyone when the time comes for a "bad times" meeting.

That's just my thoughts on how to approach this though.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ok if sun spots and solar flares knock us offline...

I'll be looking for your signs

remember hands to make ATS

/\

___
..I

<
.>

;]

[edit on 7/4/2009 by trusername]

[edit on 7/4/2009 by trusername]

new topics

top topics