It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #4 - Color Code

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

I got this using cryptogram solver
WOULD THE ZINCKY ABHORS

JUNKY FDR EGOISM ABDUCT
JUNKS FDR ELOHIM ABDUCT
JUNKY FDR ELOHIM ABDUCT
PUNKS FDR ELOHIM ABDUCT
HUNKS FDR EMPLOY ABDUCT

Hey, good work, DA. "PUNKS FOR ELOHIM ABDUCT" could translate out to Children Of God Abduct, which reminds me of this... en.wikipedia.org...

I'll look for threads about the Children of God on ATS...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
oops, double post

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Wintermute]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I installed it, and it works fine (except it isn't solving my cryptograms!).

Make sure you have the Java Runtime Environment (J2SE) installed since I believe the application is written in Java(?).

My brain/eyes are so friggin' tired. I'm going to sleep and expect this puzzle to be solved by the time I'm having my Sunday morning coffee!!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wintermute

62 children meet aliens in Zimbabwe?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look at the number 62

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Oh deary me, it's my doppleganger. Nice avatar!

And DA, I tried that thread ID and whatistheconspiracy rejected it... but, those are some creepy pictures that the kids drew in that story.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Yup, it's one of the best cases. It's very difficult to imagine that many children conspiring together to lie to people and be consistent in their stories.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Does BTS count?

It won't let me post one-liner lol

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Does BTS count?

It won't let me post one-liner lol

Not sure...

I'd guess at this point, anything is worth trying. If it's not solved by tomorrow, I say we consider invading ATS HQ and stealing the answers like we're the stars of a heist movie.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
OK, how about this. Of the sequence of 93 - 115 in the green scale, there are 5 values missing: 105 108 111 112 113 which translates to i l o p q.

Probably nothing, just trying to look at all angles.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Anybody know what it means when the URL for an ATS thread ends like this: pg1&colorshift=yes

??

I don't know if this is a normal thing, but I'm only noticing it on certain threads, and it just reminded me of the clue of "Caesar shifts his colors."

God, this game has turned me paranoid.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hmmm... another double-post somehow. I'm just racking those points up with the amount I'm double-posting.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Wintermute]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wintermute
Anybody know what it means when the URL for an ATS thread ends like this: pg1&colorshift=yes

??

I don't know if this is a normal thing, but I'm only noticing it on certain threads, and it just reminded me of the clue of "Caesar shifts his colors."

God, this game has turned me paranoid.

Whoa!!! I noticed the same thing. I wonder if this is another hint for us?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I dont think it is anything. I just Googled "colorshift=yes " to see what came up and it all refers to posts at ATS but there are too many using that tag to be involved in this game.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Another thing... I noticed that when I visited some threads, the background turned light brown. I had to hit "go dark" button to return it to normal.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
wow another night sleep and still no solution. Looks like you have all had some good ideas though. Keep it going

I got to go do a half marathon race now... The prospect of which seems alot easier than doing this latest puzzle

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GarethAyres
wow another night sleep and still no solution. Looks like you have all had some good ideas though. Keep it going

I got to go do a half marathon race now... The prospect of which seems alot easier than doing this latest puzzle

Well, I'm going to pass the torch on to you since you seem to be more awake than any of us. I'm off to bed. Here's where we left off: same place we were 2 days ago. Ah, it feels nice to make no progress.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I've tried CMYK-colors, but nothing there either.. The first "word" got the following values

C 54 55 55 55 54 55 55 55 55
M 54 60 64 62 55 61 67 62 62
Y 40 37 35 35 39 36 33 36 36
K 11 11 11 11 11 11 10 11 11

Both C and K got almost a constant value all the time, M and Y are a bit different though.

(x) Adding M and Y gives following
94 97 99 97 94 97 100 98 98

(y) Substracting Y from M(the highest) gives
14 23 29 27 16 25 24 26 26

x+y = 108 120 128 124 110 122 134 124 124

I don't know what i'm doing anymore

I'm out for a couple of hours.. need to build a CD-shelf... I will probabely paint it.... pink/purple and grey, what a great idea!

Good luck everyone..

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I just recieved an email back from the Webdecrypto guy. He understands we weren't abusing it but suggests his downloadable version is actually a more powerful program and would be of more use to us anyway. So to avoid crashing the poor guy's server again (apparently his family's emails and web site is on the same server) I suggest you download the program rather than use the online one.

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of the Decrypto program and website. Yesterday, there was an enormous uptick in usage and it ultimately disrupted all of the services on that server. After getting panicked calls from my family wondering why their email and web sites didn't work (), I saw that WebDecrypto was responsible for the failure. Logs indicated that there were a very large number of requests coming in; I initially attributed this to abuse, but it seems that a website ran a contest and that Decrypto was mentioned. It seems that the large amount of use was due to a large influx of users, not any malicious intent.

Users are a good thing, and I'm delighted to have new users directed to Decrypto! Decrypto is there to be used, and the online version is especially intended to make it easy for new users to get started without having to install anything. At the same time, the Decrypto server software allowed more queries to run at the same time than the server could handle. It had never been an issue before. It's a good problem to have!

WebDecrypto is back online, now with some additional limitations that should prevent it from being able to disrupt other services. If you find yourself regularly using Decrypto, I encourage you to try the stand-alone version: it's faster and can do a better job at solving hard puzzles (because it does not have the limitations that the website has). Of course, WebDecrypto will continue to be available for as long as I can manage.

You can get the standalone here:

www.blisstonia.com...

Thanks for using Decrypto and/or WebDecrypto!

-Ed

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i think we need to go back to what ragster was talking about. I mean, without the clue...poem..thing the directions are just too general to have a chance at solving it. examine the colors could mean anything! but the clue....poem...thing might be a step by step instruction on how to complete this puzzle.

also--did the site always have the "use cryptography and puzzle solving"
part? maybe that's a clue as well (unless it has always been there)

[edit on 8/10/2008 by Varrin7]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow, a lot of excitement while I slept and attended to what little life this contest is leaving me

Ian McLean and Kryties (and everyone who refrained from flooding the guy with apologies!) kudos on handling the Decrypto situation so well! It never occurred to me that we were going to bring down some poor family's email etc
If anyone happens to run across a standalone freeware decryption program that works on MacOS, u2u me please?

And we're still exactly where we were when I went to bed last night. Huh.

edit for grammar

[edit on 10-8-2008 by americandingbat]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join