It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little man watching mars rover.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Honestly, the man looks like he has tusks or tentacles on his face. It's very odd that a rock would be shaped with features coming out of the top...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

Sorry, but I don't see anything...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
in the detail ziggystar posted it looks like some sort of square something, very weird.

in the OP's second picture i fail to see the anomaly...
if anything it looks to me like some kind of animal turd...
what do you believe it is OP?

I'm also relieved that at least some members of this board whenever they don't find anything reply politely and calm, not trying to be a wiseass, like some really sad posts I've read....

[edit on 8-8-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
That square rock from page one is interesting. Trick of shadow maybe, but it looks like a windshield, and tires or tracks of a vehicle. Cool looking rock anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hey guys!

Sorry OP, I viewed it and like many other people, I think it's a rock...
Now it may have some unusual designs on it but I believe it's a rock (believe is a little strong though).
Regardless, the fact that there is a little man on mars is tough to happen if you think about it for a couple of reasons.

1: Nasa always looks through their pictures, any thing with good information (like a little man on mars or any sort of alien) is put on in a place in Nasa, however there is a small chance it could have leaked out.

2: If this is a little man, how can he survive on a desolate planet like mars, however possibly he lives in an underground city, I do not know I have never been to mars.

3: Another user on the first page of this thread located a number of rocks that look like different objects(I'm sorry your user name escapes me at the moment) take a look at the picture(my favorite was the puppy dog)

Now I have no evidence of this not being a little man on mars...
However you have no evidence that it is a little man on mars.

I'm sorry for being a little critical here, I know you were only expressing your opinion!
It's like looking up into the clouds...
One person sees a rabbit, the other sees a duck.
The only way to settle it is to call a lawyer!

Sincerely,
joshedis

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Comatose

We have to look at everything as if its something. Whats to say The best UFO/Alien videos people post on here are anymore worthy?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

LOLOLOL @ highly possible

you mean, highly PROBABLE?

people here are absolutely insane.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
*sigh* ok I'll play along, here is what found in this picture.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Fathom]

I would say that the close-up of what you've called a Spaceship looks very familiar. If you look at the top right quarter of the circled area there are clearly 2 circles. Below them, to the left are clearly caterpillar tracks. I have no doubt in my mind that this rock is really Wall-E, probably planted on Mars by Pixar as an advertising gimmick.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
If people are happy to share their images of what they think they've found then i'm happy to look at them. Like someone mentioned before... They might just be rocks, they might not. But if we dont keep looking we'll never know...

If you dont have anything positive to say then dont say it at all...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Why? It's irresponsible to let folks think that every rock is a miniature man with hair walking around on Mars. People are not being "mean" by saying "um... that's a rock." Because it IS just a rock. It's not "maybe" not a rock. It's 100% without a doubt, a flipping rock, that's it. People are indeed free to circle every rock on the planet, and claim they are everything from skulls to motorcycles to tiny men, but others are just as free to debunk these, as long as they are not nasty about it.

I personally am embarassed sometimes because of posts like these. I believe in UFOs. I believe in aliens. I think they are here, now. And I am still embarassed that folks read this sort of nonsense, and when I want to talk ufos, they look at me like I'm a madman, because of the sheer # of ridiculous ideas floating around.

When media folks smirk when introducing a UFO story, it's because of stuff like this. When no scientific body would seriously contemplate approaching this subject matter with a 50 meter pole, it's because of stuff like this. So pardon us, for trying to set folks straight. A rock is a rock, not a tiny man with tentacles and hair. It's embarassing to even read this.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by axehappy
You circled a big rock

I don't see anything exciting about that square rock.... what is it you see?

You don't?
You cannot see the box?

Hmmmm

Nice find Ziggy... Need the Sol date on that one to find the panoramic view

You people that only see rock... I really do not understand why you bother stopping in for a look
You never see anything but rock.. :shk:

[edit on 9-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit I believe in UFOs. I believe in aliens. I think they are here, now.

Please provide me with proof of these wild claims of yours.. Have you any pictures of these aliens or UFO's you believe in?

No? Then why is what you see or believe ok and what other's see not?

Silly Lemming

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I agree with you ziggystar60. Needs a closer look...
That's an odd looking stone if it's a natural one..
I see design on that thing.. the straight lines and the shaped angles..
I don't know, but it's an very interesting photo..

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

OMG OMG OMG, now all we have to do is find the pot of gold

Mod Edit: READ THIS POST

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

If I let me imaginmation run wild, I suppose I could see a resemblance of 2 legged being though I'd have to say he's wearing a space suit of some kind. He seems bulkier than you would expect from his height. Though is it possible perhaps that he's just further away then we can comprehend and he's not as small as we perceive him?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
WOw, it seems to me that as the days and nights go by on ATS, more and more this site starts to go down hill. I mean what kind of person sits on their computer look for Pictures, of God knows what, try to find (i mean really try to find crap out of bordem) ET presents in photos that NASA, yes... NASA (remember Nasa pays these people 6 figures plus government money just to blow) had already processed and published. I mean why, why do these people insist on posting stupid post about nothing!!!!
I would rather come to this website and find a good story update in two weeks or more, not every damn second some stupid thread is being started

I wish the MODS would do something about it, or hire more MODS. I know that other Forums have very strict Thread posting rules, please MODS step your game up for the credentials that ATS was built off of.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry my friend but I also think that it's just a rock.
Well,keep searching though!

I really can't stand the hypocrisy.
I've seen threads were the OPs claim a bunch of things,sometimes that they even have pictures (sometimes the pics were never posted) and they got less flamed than this guy.
And really...don't make me start about the users who just fail (intended or not) to see any kind of a thread from an objective angle and they're just pushing their very own thoughts/beliefs/religions blindly while sometimes they can't even relate to the bloody subject...!

I do agree though that the title could be a better one.
beforetime,next time,instead of typping your own opinion for a title (especially when you're not sure if it's correct or not) try something which just describes your thread in a more general way.
Just my friendly advice.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I dont see a box or rock all i see are blurring lines

I can see the little man or what the OP thinks is a little man.
at least the little man object sticks out to me as being different than the other stuff around it.

can you please point out the square box/rock object and what you think it is ?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mudanglee

It's interesting, I'm not a scientist but I read the New Scientist. I can't remember the name of the part of the brain, but anyway there is a distinct part of the brain that deals with facial recognition. It evolved because it became very important in evolutionary terms for humans to distinguish humans they knew from strangers. You know how you never forget a face, and how you can pick out someone you know from a crowd? This part of the brain is very well-developed and complex, and deals with pattern recognition, and it is this that makes us see faces in clouds, rocks, random patterns etc. I remember when I was a kid lying in bed and suddenly 'seeing' faces emerge from the patterns in the curtains as they moved in the breeze. It's also why kids see two dots and a line in a circle as a face. If you combine this tendency with a desire to see strange things on Mars, it explains a lot. I'm a sceptic, but on the other hand, you do sometimes see things that do look strange even when you have more than one camera angle to work with - not everything is necessarily just a strange shaped rock.

Matt

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for this enhancement Zorgon, as an old automotive development engineer, this does look a little like an old vehicle chassis of some kind, although I have no idea of the scale, it certainly looks like a manufactured item to me. It would not surprise me to find one day, that there is just as much old industrial junk and artifacts on Mars as there is on the Moon.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join