It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT guns down innocent dogs of town mayor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

SWAT guns down innocent dogs of town mayor

www.cnn.com

Maryland mayor is asking the federal government to investigate why SWAT team members burst into his home without knocking and shot his two dogs to death in an investigation into a drug smuggling scheme.

Berwyn Heights, Maryland, Mayor Cheye Calvo comforts wife Trinity Tomsic at a news conference Thursday.

"This has been a difficult week and a half for us," Cheye Calvo, mayor of Berwyn Heights, Maryland, said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is a sickening, fascist event. Family was 100% innocent and victim of some confusing scheme where the police have drug dealers send drugs to random homes. These trigger-happy goons are great at hurling themselves into situations of little danger, but when there's a shooter killing collage kids they hide behind their cars 2 miles away!

www.cnn.com

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The raid last week was led by the Prince George's County Police Department, with the sheriff's special operations team assisting, after a package of marijuana was sent to Calvo's home.

God above, do these morons not even know how to run a name / address check?

A Mayor? I smell millions of dollars in the air for this family in compensation. Dammit, a few cops must be s!!!!!!! bricks over their careers right now.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I think we have a whole new shift full of unarmed security guards filling out applications in that town......

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Gotta love that "human error". Doh! Whoops! Oopsidaisy!
Whenever I come into contact with this kind of news, Yakkity Sax starts playing in my head.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I hesitate to tar all LEOs with the same brush, but these "one-offs" are to the point of being normal behavior when interacting with the populace...

I understand LEOs are going through a door where they are unsure of what or who is on the other side...A little surveilence would have informed the LEOs what the real situation was...

The question I have in all this is ...has the divide between common, law abiding citizens and LEOs become so great that they see ALL of us as potential criminals?...are we ALL now just criminals that they have not cuaght yet?...

For GODs sake where does this end?

Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear.” Albert Camus

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Z.S.P.V.G.

This is a sickening, fascist event. Family was 100% innocent and victim of some confusing scheme where the police have drug dealers send drugs to random homes. These trigger-happy goons are great at hurling themselves into situations of little danger, but when there's a shooter killing collage kids they hide behind their cars 2 miles away!

www.cnn.com

I didn't see that in the article. The way I read it is drug dealers mail these packages to unknowing recipients, then the intended recipient intercepts (steals) it.

Authorities say the package was part of a scheme in which drugs are mailed to unknowing recipients and then intercepted.

If you do have further evidence that it's the police setting up innocent people for sting operations, then I apologize. If you could post it here, that'd be great.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

You are right.

From another source.

Police say the couple appeared to be innocent victims of a scheme by two men to smuggle millions of dollars worth of marijuana by having it delivered to about a half-dozen unsuspecting recipients.

The two men under arrest include a FedEx deliveryman; investigators said the deliveryman would drop off a package outside a home, and the other man would come by a short time later and pick it up.
But if the police knew about the scheme I think that they should have acted in a different way, unless they only got that knowledge after.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Bingo!!!!!!!!!, the "police knew about the scheme" prior to invading the Mayors house, to me it seems that either this police goons didn't like the Mayor or they were on a vendetta to scare the Mayor and family away because something he is doing that they don't like.

Well it back fired because now the Mayor is all over the news asking for a Federal investigation.

I see a lot of vacancies in that town in the coming months.

this has been on going on regular civilian populations but until now it hasn't hit a political figure until now.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

They screwed up big time. Its good that a mayor got hit by these thugs. Now there will be a lesson learned one would hope.

Rule 1) Don't use this type of force unless you know that its bad guys inside.

Rule 2) Run a damn name and address check. It stops 'oh sh!t its the mayors house' mistakes.

Rule 3) Stop being so gestapo and start being public servants again. You are NOT the Nazi party strong arm boys, you are servants of the public.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
But if the police knew about the scheme I think that they should have acted in a different way, unless they only got that knowledge after.

They should have had the knowledge beforehand. No excuses. Those executing these types of raids are criminals.

Frankly there should be no raids or arrests over substances but alas this sort of initiation of violence by law enforcement is getting more common it seems. There are more and more innocent victims in the name of this unwinnable and destructive war.

Perhaps it's like most other problems; nothing gets done about it until those at the top start becoming the victims even though the masses at the bottom tried to say something.

PS. There was a thread on this already but I guess a second doesn't hurt.

Edit: Perhaps there should be a forum dedicated to these sorts of events? I think on a site dedicated in part to watching government activities this reality deserves alot of attention.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Well, good luck on the shooting of police officers. I'd say, "Let me know how that works out for you", but I have a hunch you won't be around to tell anyone.

Hope your life insurance is paid up.

Mod Edit: Quote Cleanup.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think this was a terrible thing for the family to go thru, especially the shooting of their dogs. Geez, they were Labs!!! What's the worse they could do to you; knock you over looking for attention??

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Something tells me this sort of stuff happens all the time, and the only reason we're hearing about it is because this time it happened to a Mayor.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

OOOPS. Thats a threat right there to the lives of the LEO community. Cya. Have a nice jail stay.

Keep revolutionary talk to where it is safe to do so. The net is NOT safe to do so.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
LOL..

[snip]

if im not mistaken.. you can get in sdome serious trouble just for saying that..
offhandedly..
watch out spookJR.. lol spookSR might be around tomorrow am.. :-D

edit: -inspired by Jerico
lol quote from one of the funniest TV shows of all time
3rd rock from the sun..
go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200..
and do not I repeat do NOT drop the soap.. :-D

[edit on 8/7/2008 by KATSUO]

[edit on 8/7/2008 by KATSUO]

Mod Edit - removed quoted - snipped material.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KATSUO
LOL..

I am openly advocating killing the police and the politicians

if im not mistaken.. you can get in sdome serious trouble just for saying that..
offhandedly..
watch out spookJR.. lol spookSR might be around tomorrow am.. :-D

Good sweet Lord above, thats going to cost you big time dude. ATS will have to delete this thread if you keep posting stuff like that on it....

Is that your plan? get this thread deleted/ is this sophisticated psy ops going on?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So why did they not get on a load speaker to tell the occupiers of the house to come out like they do when someone is held up inside with a gun? Why does it take a gun being involved to do that move?

Plus, like I said in another topic on another side you mean to tell us that if we want to get someone in trouble with the law, all we got to do is send them some obvious drugs in the mail??? Is this what the law enforcment and law teaching? Plus, who is to say that the law enforcement agency wont just send you drugs just so they can bust in your house after a tip off conspired with a postal office??? Yeah, sure they can make it look like they had no idea in that way or just make the drug mail obvious so that there will be a tip off by a postal office.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join