It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in Georgia

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Deleted - Sources irrelevent

[edit on 14-8-2008 by maloy]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Some photos from the war
www.navoine.ru...
P.S. No one tell the full truth, but Georgia begin this war, this is fact.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Whi1e]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Since July 20 Georgia has been under a massive cyberattacks by russian intelligence.So a pre-emptive strike by the Russians.Once the war was launched ,the blogsphere was and is still being bombarded with pro-russian comments in an effort to win world support for their actions.
Heres a couple of links you may want to check out America.

www.thedonovan.com...

cannoneerno4.wordpress.com...

The Russians and the Chinese have mobilized their netizens to help their respective countries in attack and defense on the web.The Chinese alone have over 60,000 netizens assigned just for defense of their own networks.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It is not a question who started the war: it is obviously Georgia. The real question is why didn't Russia make an immediate counter attack. Everything tells that Russian intelligence knew that Georgia will attack - they started evacuating civilians two days before the attack. The real conspiracy is that they responded only about 9 hours after the actual attack letting Georgeans to raze Tskhinvali. So I think Russia just LET Georgia to do many civilian casualties so that any further Russian actions including admission of S.O. as a souvereign state and invading Georgia territory itself.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xinndae

It's quite hard to counterattack at once as there is only one way to enter SO from the north - Rok tonnel. The evacuation you're talking about never existed. Otherwise there wouldn't have been any casualties among the Russian peacekeepers in Tschinval. How could anybody expect Saakashvili to act like madman, to bomb his own de jure province, starting a war he couldn't possibly win? Especially on the day when Olympics started, Putin being in China and Medvedev on his vacations somewhere in the Volga river region. I doubt that.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11
Since July 20 Georgia has been under a massive cyberattacks by russian intelligence.So a pre-emptive strike by the Russians.Once the war was launched ,the blogsphere was and is still being bombarded with pro-russian comments in an effort to win world support for their actions.

I'm not sure about the Chinese. But you're clearly overestimating our intelligence. They are lazy people and they don't feel like messing with Internet. Most of the comments come from real people. You can see it by their misspellings and plain mistakes.
Though I admit: being a Russian it hurts me personally how American press is dealing with this war. That constant rigging and forging, balancing with facts and photos. Used to being lied to in our own mass media I'm very disappointed to see the same happen to you.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
KEY LATEST NEWS FROM RUSSIA (most sources in Russian):

Saakashvilli Warns of Russian Tanks in Hashuri and Borzhomi

Saakashvilli states that Russian tanks have moved into towns of Hashuri and Borzhomi in central Georgia. He stated this in a press conference where he also announced the signing of the peace accord. He also said that Russian tanks are within 55 km from Tbilisi. The Russian side does not comment on these news. So far there is no proof that these rumors are true, and several other reports/rumors of Russian advances today were proven to be false.

lenta.ru...

Russian Forces Finished Neutralizing Georgia's Weapons in the Military Base in Gori

Russian forces completed the operation to neutralize Georgia's offensive weapons in a base in Gori. Part of the weapons stocks have been destroyed, and part has been moved to Russia. The taken weapons include mobile rocket launching systems and anti-tank weapons. Russia states that Georgia's base in Gori is the main weapons depot of Georgia used in attacking S. Ossetia. A Georgia artillery battalion, armor battalion, and communications battalion have been stationed there. Georgians left tanks and artillery systems there unguarded when they withdrew from the city.

lenta.ru...

Czech President Vaclav Klaus Ties Events in Ossetia with Kosovo

He said the Georgian-Ossetian conflict is the direct result of Kosovo independence and U.S. intervention in Serbia in 1998. "With separation of Kosovo Russia now has a major justification for its actions" he stated. He also voiced disagreement with Poland, The Baltics, and Ukraine - and said he disagrees with their critique of Russia.

lenta.ru...

Russian Military Command Accuses Georgia of Mining Basements with Wounded Civilians

Before retreating from Tskhinvalli Georgian troops have mined exits from basements where wounded civilians were hiding, stated senior Russian military official Anatoli Nogovitsin. Georgian government declined to comment on this. Most civilians in Tskhinvalli were forced to hide in basements when Georgians attacked the city on August 7th, and Georgians mined them in knowing this.

In turn Georgia claims that leaving Russian troops are mining Georgian military bases.

lenta.ru...

Russian Military Makes a Statement about Discovered Weapons in Georgian Army Cache

According to senior official of the Russian military Anatoli Nogovitsin, Russian troops uncovered 1,728 infantry weapons from Georgian military base near S. Ossetia. In the cache were included 764 M-16 American Assault Rifles, 28 M-40 machine guns, and 754 AK's. By the time Russians reached the base, Georgians abandoned it. Russian troops are taking part in the "clean-up" of offensive weapons from Georgian military bases.

lenta.ru...

Ukraine proposes drafting Black Sea fleet deal with Russia

"Ukraine's President Viktor Yushchenko sent an urgent proposal to Russia on Friday to draft a bilateral agreement on the Russian Black Sea fleet deployed in Ukraine.

Yushchenko said he had presented Russia with "an urgent proposition to launch talks and draw up an agreement to regulate bilateral relations during military operations" such as those in Georgia over the past week. "

en.rian.ru...

Russia's NATO envoy calls U.S. missile shield 'dead cat'

"Russia's ambassador to NATO has compared the U.S. missile defense system to "a dead cat," since its effectiveness can only be verified as a result of reciprocal thermonuclear missile strikes.

"The Europeans have received a 'dead cat' from the Americans," Dmitry Rogozin said, commenting on the U.S.-Polish missile-defense deal, signed Thursday.

He said that if the threat really came from Iran, as the U.S. says it does, it would be more "logical to deploy U.S. missile defense elements on NATO's southern flanks - in Turkey, Bulgaria and Romania." "

""The Poles should be thanked for helping reveal the strategic goal of the U.S. missile defense plan," Dmitry Rogozin said in an interview with RIA Novosti. "

en.rian.ru...

Two Russian journalists killed, 10 wounded in South Ossetia

"Two journalists were killed and 10 wounded covering the fighting in Georgia's breakaway republic of South Ossetia, an official with the Russian Union of Journalists said on Friday.

"Photographer Alexander Klimchuk, who worked for RIA Novosti, among other agencies, and Grigol Chikhladze, a correspondent for Russian Newsweek magazine, were killed," said Gennady Dzyuba, the president of the union's association of military press. "

en.rian.ru...

Russia denies use of cluster bombs in Georgia

"Russia's top military official denied on Friday claims by a U.S.-based human rights group that Moscow had used cluster bombs in its recent military conflict with Georgia.

"Col. Gen. Anatoly Nogovitsyn, deputy head of the General Staff, said "We did not use cluster bombs, and what's more there was absolutely no necessity to do so." "

"Nogovitsyn reiterated that Russian peacekeepers were still in the Georgian city of Gori, close to the de facto border with South Ossetia. He said they were guarding weapons and other military equipment abandoned during the fighting. He said Russian troops had contacted city authorities and arranged aid distribution via local clergymen. "

en.rian.ru...

Yuschenko Fears that Ukraine will Fall Apart Like Georgia

Ukraine must take a look at the threat to Georgian territorial integrity as a threat to Ukrainian territorial integrity as well, stated Yuschenko in a televised address.

If Georgian territory is to be split and the breakaway regions made independent, Ukraine could be next he said. Ukraine similarly has autonomous regions that are no interested in remaining as part of Ukraine

www.rosbalt.ru...

Medvedev will Give Chancelor Merkel Photos and Video of the Georgian Attrocities in Tskhinvalli

Medvedev states that this well documented proof of the crimes Georgians committed in Tskhinvalli will proove Georgia's aggression. Medvedev and merkel met in Russian city of Sochi earlier on August 15th.

www.rosbalt.ru...

Medvedev: Russian Peacekeepers will Remain in South Ossetia

While peace has been restored, Russian peacekeepers will be needed as guarantors of safety of S. Ossetians, stated Medvedev. He then stated that "Saakashvilli gave up trying to resolve the matter diplomatically, and resorted to massacring S. Ossetians" when Georgia attacked Tskhinvalli on August 7th. Georgia must now accept our agreed-upon (with Sarkozy) cease fire accord conditions.

www.rosbalt.ru...

Speaker of Ukrainian Parliament: Yuschenko's Decree on Black Sea Fleet is not Official

Speaker of Ukrainian Parliament Arsenyi Yatsenyuk stated that Yuschenko's decree on blocking entrance to port to Russian Black Sea fleet will not take place. He proposed instead to negotiate new terms with Russia and reach a common agreement. He also stated that Yuschenko's decree violated the actual agreement between Ukraine and Russia, and the Black Sea Fleet has the right to participate in the conflict zone.

Arsenyi has earlier in the day reached a new agreement with Russian minister Lavrov", and Yuschenko's decree has been canceled.

www.rosbalt.ru...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
KEY LATEST NEWS FROM RUSSIA (most sources in Russian):

Russian Military Makes a Statement about Discovered Weapons in Georgian Army Cache

According to senior official of the Russian military Anatoli Nogovitsin, Russian troops uncovered 1,728 infantry weapons from Georgian military base near S. Ossetia. In the cache were included 764 M-16 American Assault Rifles, 28 M-40 machine guns, and 754 AK's. By the time Russians reached the base, Georgians abandoned it. Russian troops are taking part in the "clean-up" of offensive weapons from Georgian military bases.

lenta.ru...

Showed some film of that , loads of seemingly new assault rifles ( black ones if any know about guns and what color they are ) in the base heaped up all over the floor .

Saakashvili was saying Russians used their SS -21's on the pipeline . Was funny seeing Saakashvili fall up the steps with condoleza rice right behind him watching and the worlds camera's on him .

The lickspittle popinjay Saakashvili is obviously a pawn on the great game chessboard, and Bear takes pawn. Was it an intentional sacrifice . The status as it stood suited Russia . Now SO is at the top of the agenda and any border disputes resolved will be beneficial for US, no matter who gets it.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There was another article, which I lost the source it - regarding the SS-21. Russia says it never used the weapon, if only because there was never any need to use it. Russia says they never used any cluster bombs either, because they are "overkill" in the small conflict region.

Has there been any proof that these weapons were used? Russia clearly proved that Georgia had Western-supplied weapons. Most of Saakashvilli's claims remain what they always were - baseless rumors. The Joker is full of himself.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
All the latest reports ive seen is that Russia signed the agreement and had started pull back "some" troops but they really havent gone anywhere and may be repositioning themselves. Also they blew up the main East/West bridge in Tbsilli. Sounds to me like Russian troops arent going anywhere anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The conflict in Georgia will continue soon...The US is behind provoking it at least in some small part or large part either directly or indirectly with arms.
and of course the US is going to attack Iran! Of course that is why oil prices are going down, because if they attack Iran oil will go up to 175 or more!! The people controlling oil really don't want to completely stop the American consumer with an even bigger price spike when the attack drives oil up a certain percentage. They are artificially deflating the price of oil to send it right back up where it used to be. Also the American economy if on the verge of collapse. The only ace America has left is their massive military might. The only way to forgive our debts and keep the elite in power in America is to completely put the world into chaos and either beat them into submission or to save them from some other foe(ie The Russian's and/or the Chinese). Its all about the American elite keeping the cow in the barn instead of having to give it away. Simultaneously I think the Russians and Chinese want what the Americans have. Isn't that how its been throughout the centuries. One tribe wants what the other has and goes over and attacks the other tribe. How we are so similar to our forefathers when we profess to be so different.

Russia pulled back in Georgia because the timing is all wrong. I think they have something else in mind. They want all of their allies to strike many targets around the world at once. Why? Because the US couldn't effectively coordinate all the attacks at once.The US was trying to goad Russia into attacking on their own. The old divide and conquer philosophy. Yes the Russians had to answer because the Georgians were attacking allies, and could have put them at a slightly larger disadvantage when everything goes down.. The US is planning this Iran thing right in the middle of the Olympics so the Chinese can't respond. The Russians pulled back and dug in because they would stand a better chance in the upcoming possible WWIII thing touched off by Iran if they are just on the edge of takeover and can just wait until their allies can respond. It would be like any one of us attacking a football team. Even if we were Chuck Norris himself we'd get our ass kicked.
The US fleet isn't completely "on station" yet off Iran so we have at least the long or maybe until the end of the Olympics before WWIII starts.
It's so sad I don't have the money to finish building my shelter.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hi,

Here's a link to a thread I created a few hours ago. It's an interesting article that I should probably have posted in here.

I hope you find it interesting. I think the author is fairly credible (imo).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hey, america, europe, I think it`s time to take all goverments and delete it, why only Russia help georgian people, why you take bloodly dollars and sit at home? Why you need any facts to believe that Russia is not agressor? Why you made a terracts and say "it is terrorist?" Where terrorists, you are made it, and bloodly money!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
A year on i must say intresting reading back on some of that

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Saakashvili was a EU puppet controlled by the Netherlands and Germany, tasked with expanding NATO in the Caucases ... or at least, badly attempting to do so. Dutch royals and EU commissars were highly involved in it.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Said from a Russian Angle. RT RT..
As an aside Saakashvili has burned his bridges in Georgia he has dabbled in Ukraine also but has messed things there also.
He has done well to stay afloat and Mr Putin has not acted on him as yet ?

Mr Saakashvili claimed that Mr Putin personally obsesses about him: "He has a long and malicious memory. He follows my itinerary very carefully. He knows what visas and documents I have in my passport. The guy never lets go. It always stays with him. "He is the guy who promised to hang me by certain parts of my body. I am almost the only guy he managed to kill publicly who is still walking, so in many ways I am luckier than the others." In 2013 Mr Saakashvili lost the Georgian election amid allegations of abuse of power. The following year he moved to Ukraine after forging a political alliance with his old student days acquaintance, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko.

news.sky.com...

Georgia still mostly Georgia after 10 Years of the Rebel breakaway.
Let us hope the calm remains.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It looks like the "Russian Angle" is back at it again ...

if Georgia wants to lose additional parts of its territory ( South Ossetia and Abkhazia aside ) ... it will be easy for them to do so, especially considering the EU's extensive usage of Neurological Weapons that are conveniently being blamed on the Richard Lugar's research center in the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join