It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in Georgia

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lambo Rider
I read this is why Russia invaded Georgia, what do you think Stell?

1. judicial-inc.biz...

2. www.globalresearch.ca...

Don't have much/anything good to say about the first but Chossudovsky i am quite familiar with. I think the whole oil thing is largely a pretext ( second level distraction) and that much larger things are afoot than simply getting Israel some oil/water.

Either way thanks for the (second) link.

Stellar

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Tanks have been seen in Gori.

Skynews journalist has confirmed seeing tanks patrolling the City of Gori. The reporter has confirmed they are Russian tank - soldiers even spoke to the journalists and introduced himself!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Everything points to the russians being in this for the long haul. I now have no doubt this will escalate to something much bigger.

Ive learned so much the past week its seriously insane. With all I know, nothing points this this being and staying an isolated deal.

[edit on 8/13/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
08-12-2008

Originally posted by Mdv2
I wouldn't be surprised if we hear in a couple of hours or a couple of days the fighting has once again started.

To quote myself.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Danish media have footage of Russian tanks heading into Gori, BBC too and Skynews journalist confirmed their presence.

AFP: Russia armed convoy heading towards Tbilisi.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Tanks have been seen in Gori.

Skynews journalist has confirmed seeing tanks patrolling the City of Gori. The reporter has confirmed they are Russian tank - soldiers even spoke to the journalists and introduced himself!

They now say they have seen 3 Russian armored vehicles. No confirmation of any large massing of any tanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Sorry, but Danish media showed a significant amount of tanks and armoured vehicles. Eyewitness have reported a convoy moving towards Tbilisi
Russia have denied it - but people are reporting a Russian convoy moving to the capital.

EU are considering sending a peacekeeping force to the region.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by maloy

Sorry, but Danish media showed a significant amount of tanks and armoured vehicles. Eyewitness have reported a convoy moving towards Tbilisi
Russia have denied it - but people are reporting a Russian convoy moving to the capital.

EU are considering sending a peacekeeping force to the region.

Tell me - how do you tell apart Georgian tanks from Russian tanks?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Well, not sure if this is a big clue - but the Russian flag is probably the major give away.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Since when do tanks parade around with flags during war?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I am truly surprised that nobody has made the link regarding the US and Iran here and the geographic location of Georgia...also Georgia's US ties. I mean hmm...suppose the US attacked Iran, which it looks like it might do...that huge ship convoy might have something to do with it...If Russia would say want to support the Iranians how would they do that.???..hmmm.....Azerbaijan?? Yeah they might be able to just walk through Azerbaijan..yeah....however what would happen if UN or US troops landed in Georgia???? Hmmmmmmm....I guess Russian troops could potentially be cut off and trapped in Iran....There are other secret ally potentials that might prevent this scenario...however...hmmm...I guess it just makes sense to take out Georgia, they are really not going to put up much of a fight now are they....hmmm...unless the US or UN steps in.....which would put the US at a disadvantage regarding their Iranian intentions, and overextend themselves. That might be why nobody is helping the Georgians. They are expendable, and tactically untenable.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Russia has no intention of ending this peacefully from what I'm seeing.

Blood still flows after ceasefire

Russian convoy heads into Georgia, violating truce

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by carolina1737
I am truly surprised that nobody has made the link regarding the US and Iran here and the geographic location of Georgia...also Georgia's US ties.

Uh, if you read the entire thread, this has been mentioned multiple times. Did the US push georgia to take the action they did? Possible, but we may never know.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You know, I wonder where all the peace protesters are at during this war?? Guess it doesn't fit into their schedule for the day.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Seems that Bush has ordered US Military Aircraft and Ships to deliver aid to Georgia.
I wonder how Russia is going to react to our military planes flying over a country that they are pretty much at war with.
It seemed like yesterday it was about over, when in reality the situation has gotten much worse.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Seems that Bush has ordered US Military Aircraft and Ships to deliver aid to Georgia.
I wonder how Russia is going to react to our military planes flying over a country that they are pretty much at war with.
It seemed like yesterday it was about over, when in reality the situation has gotten much worse.

Man I hope none of the Russian troops get itchy trigger fingers when those US planes are flying overhead. Things could go downhill very fast...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Russian military will not shoot down any American aircraft.
World War III is not on the military agenda of the Russian army.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I agree that Russia would instruct it's troops not to fire on the US troops, but all it takes is one overzealous private or bloodthirsty merc to send the situation spiralling down the tubes.

[edit on 8/13/2008 by yadboy]
man i need to learn to proofread

man i need to learn to proofread, again.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yadboy

Since 1991 we hope that we became part of Europe and allied of USA. That, thats they told us - freedom, peace, cooperation, trade. But all what was lie.

NATO closed our borders, USA instructors trained and armed army not only Georgian, and support they aggresiv politics against our contry. Sanctions in trade, and full ignoring of our opinion in world politics.

We all feared what war has come, and we are lucky what Georgian attacked our peacemacker without NATO army. They survive that nigth, surrounded in burn city, protecting innocent people, and dying under fire and threads of georgian tanks. They has no hope that help was come. But we come.

What can else we do? Even if all US army was send to kill us - we have no other choise.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
People of the world! You deceive! World mass media conduct propagation of a false information. Russia DID NOT ATTACK Georgia! 07.08.2008 at 22:00 Georgia has attacked South Ossetia. At 3:30 08.08.2008 tanks of the Georgian armies have entered into city Tskhinvali. Artillery bombardment all the day long proceeded, fights with use of tanks and heavy combat material, both against ossetic armies, and against peace inhabitants were conducted. 2000 civil people already were lost. The Russian peacemakers have arrived to South Ossetia in the evening 08.08.2008 for settlement of the conflict and prompting of the world in republic and protection of the Russian citizens living on territory of South Ossetia. Georgia has attacked South Ossetia on eve of Olympiad, it is top of cruelty and cynicism. Proofs and video-materials look on : www.1tvrus.com, www.1tv.ru/owa/win/ort6_main.main , www.rian.ru, www.vesti.ru/news, news.ntv.ru, www.ren-tv.com, www.newsru.com. We shall tell is not present to WAR!!! NATO and USA ACCEPT ABKHAZIA AND S. OSETIA INDEPENDANCE It is right that attack on Tbilissi can be real. In fact georgia soldiers are capitulating. Kremlin oficial says that NATO and USA representors are ready to accept independance of Abkhazia and Osetia, and won't help Georgia.

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join