It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the fuss about 2012?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
--double post-- deleted

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Snake Plisskin]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Actually the solar system is only warming up based on the selective evidence presented on pro warming/anti human global warming sites.

If you look at ALL the "measurements" and assumptions the picture is somehwat different ie it is impossible to say one way or another. But hey let's not let reasoned analysis get in the way of biased head in the sand beliefs!

Hold your horses dude, you are saying it yourself 'it is impossible to say one way or another'. So the fact is that planets are warming up, except for mercury or something, pluto is going through the roof relatively speaking ( farthest from the sun but still one of the celestial bodies that are being affected the most. ) And i am not saying that it is the SUN, i'm just saying the sun is also affected, like the rest of our solarsystem. If it is a coincidence, so be it but i'm not counting on a seperate POSSIBLE explanation for every single planet apart when we have the whole ockhams razor technique that for once works in the favor of unpopular scientific viewpoints. The simplest explanation is most likely the one that is true. The simplest explanation in regard of the solarsystem heating up sperate planets at the same time is that there is one phenomanon going on that is doing thye heating. Quite simple.

And no, i'm not on the Big oil 'we are doing fine!' boat. Not in a long shot. We have to do some cleaning up, getting the real chemicals out of our system, clean the stuff up THAT ACTUALLY COUNTS. Not something harmless like CO2, the stuff trees need, we breath out and what is in our athmosphere since the beginning. CO2 is a red herring, it is the cool aid, it is the toothfairy brought to you by the hypnomedia used to force all kinds of crap down our throats. Get the nuclear waste cleaned up, get the chemicals out of the water and air, give us real nurtering food and get the alternative energy thing going for real. That is what counts and not something silly like CO2.

Anyway, sorry for the off topicness here, i will be happy to react on any U2U or go head to head with you in a seperate topic of your choosing, let's not let a small aspect of the whole deal derail this topic into a Co2 joke.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
on 2012 1.2 billion hoes will suck a schlong.

link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
Apparently, it's either the end of the world or this age.

Either way, it's a major turn over for us.

The original Hebrew bible never said "the end of the world." It said "the end of the age." In my opinion, that is what lies in store, "the end of the age." Now, anyone who wants to dispte this can, but it's not likely to detract me from what I know to be truth.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

please state a reference

link   
Another link I want to provide on the religous take on end of world prophecies is that the rebuilding of solomon's temple may play a part on this.

Assuming that the bible is the inspired word of god and that the event to trigger a catastrophic event (noah's flood? fall of atlantis?) is right there in the prophecy, some bad stuff is supposed to happen soon based on what the masons are going to do with their "Great Work". So religious people should pay attention to that event.

Also for the new ager: you might want to listen to what David Wilcock says on 2012. He is believed to be the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce and talks about what is expected to happen soon in terms of gaining more abilities:

pt1

pt2

pt3

pt4

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What's with the whole 2012 thing?

Well, what if the specific date in 2012 (December sometime, I think) is the deadline that the aliens have given those countries that already DO know of their existence to tell the rest of the world about them, or the aliens themselves will appear, which in itself will create havoc.

People talk about the end of the world in 2012 - what if it is the end of an era - the era of now knowing............

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The original Hebrew bible never said "the end of the world." It said "the end of the age." In my opinion, that is what lies in store, "the end of the age." Now, anyone who wants to dispte this can, but it's not likely to detract me from what I know to be truth.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

Are you saying that the original hebrew Bible actually mentions 2012?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
thanks alot for the info

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortal_Roses
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I just want some sort of explanation

It's just the end of the Mayan Calender, the Mayans assumed (like we do ) that they will be here tomorrow so they devised a calender (like we have with the Christain calender).
They decided that it would be in a certain cycle and because of the extinction of the Mayan civilisation but the re-discovery of the mathematics they used , we have determined their thoughts about the calender and they way they viewed time, Of course it's like us with the year 2000 that Christ would reappeear to us and save the world, that never happened.
The Mayans decided that the timescale or period would end on (insert date) and due to our understanding of their mathematics have determined a date according to our calender ( the Christian date of 21/12/2012) .
But everyone assumes that because the Mayan's determined that the 'end of that particular cycle ' is the end of the world, it isn't , Its just the end of the Mayan cycle, Like the Chinese New Year , its just another life cycle (Chinese animals etc).
My advice is just be kind to each other and be the best you can because tomorrow might be your last day anyway.
21/12/2012 is going to be the end of the world for some due to either natural causes or deeath by accident or malice anyway and not due to some huge global event.
of course if I'm wrong I'll pay for it in the afterlife...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Timewave Zero. The end of fractal time. McKenna's work shows that novelty reaches an infinite point on 12/21/012.

Couple this with the pole shift, galactic alignment with our galaxy's center and low magentic shields around Earth and you have the makings for a step forward in the evolution of our consciousness.

Also, we enter the age of Aquarius.

A lot of changes are in store. None are bad.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernDystopia

True, in itself it should not be a bad thing. But now take into account the totally unprepared population and the coming quagmire and i can state the obvious; It's gonna be one hell of a ride. To much deadly stuff in to many hands that just need a push to detonate.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
2012 will be amazingly good fir us......

happy galactic freedom day!!!

this is epic!

after we break the deals with those mean greys we can be friends with our human borthers & sisters from the stars!!!!

this is legendary!

www.galacticfreedomday.com...

(^_*)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortal_Roses

The Mayan calendar is only 33 seconds off after 1500 years! The Mayan calendar has never been wrong! The Mayans were supreme astrophysicists. Somebody or something came here and taught them about the cosmos and they are right on. Their calendar so precise, that even today's top scientists can't figure out why. Their calendar comes to a sudden stop on December 21 2012. They predict terrible natural disasters and a huge solar flare in 2012 that should completely wipe out the world. A pole shift on our planet is also a possibility. This would cause complete devastation! Go to www.december212012.com

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Not only do the Mayans predict the end of time, but so does the Chinese "I Ching", The bible speaks of apocalypse, Einstein predicts a pole shift, and Nostradamus also speaks of terrible natural disasters in 2012. Look around!! Natural disasters are picking up in intensity all over the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I would suggest watching at least the first part of this..

www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
They said the world was gonna end in 2000 but it did'nt happen did it? The Mayn calender didn;t say anything about the world ending. But I'm guessing something will happen on that day.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
nothing will happen, don't worry about it

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GaidenX15

You are going beyond the fact that 2012 is one of the longest ongoing 'end time' prohecy of our history. What i mean with that one is that it is a date that has been known for more than 30 years and not like the mileniumbug thing that was only known for about 2 maybe 3 years? Or just because of the nice ring to the beginning of the new millenium people were pretty scared without any reason to be scared other than a fearmonger here and there.
2012 is different in many aspects but yeah, the chance is there that it will be nothing more than just another day

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortal_Roses

From what I've been told by various doom mongers and the like, during 2012 all the planets are going to line up and this will put great strain on the Earth and cause disaster on a scale not seen before. Personally I think it's all nonsense.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by doomsday2012

I like that site, and I agree that a major movement in our reality will occur four years from now.

Also, everyone should be aware that much devistation will prelude this year. Famine, natural disasters, collapsing governments; everone should prepare themselves so they can live to see the new age.

Yeah, that's what I believe. I don't think the world is gonna go "POOF"! and cease to exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join